PDA

View Full Version : ~ The Daily Grind ~ 9/9/09

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Morning!!!

First of, MinnieGarden, happy wedding day!!!! :) I hope you have beautiful weather and a beautiful day! Hope to see photos soon!!!!

Second, I'm ready to go back to bed..

I've accomplised a lot already this AM, my big kids got up on the first call again today! :love:
So, the remaining list for today:

ck email/dis
call on walmart gc (no amt given to DH, he won it at work)
older kids on bus
nap til 9:15am
get ready
cut last 6 envelopes for airplane element
pick up kdg. child
post office
lunch
template toontown elements
kit pages
elem kid homework
DS13's homework
leave for DD's XC meet
dinner

think that is about it... Hope everyone has a good day!

rlovew
09-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Good Morning!

I have a busy day here

call about Daniel stopping medicine- he got a side effect that scared him and refuses to take it- it is supposed to be taken away in small doses since it is an anti-depressent (given to him for headaches)

call about instructions for the dog (spaying tomorrow and i forgot)- done
make fried rice (dinner for 20 at church)
make chicken pot pie (for non Oreintal food eaters)
make dump cake- in the oven
spray boxes- done- waiting on drying for next
emboss boxes
buy candy for boxes
put together boxes (see if I need lace on them)
work on nature ATC
type and print ATC card backs
cut inchies
PO- a few things to mail
prayer group
dinner/Bible Study at church
walk after church
keep duchess from food tonight (she will be very cranky)

Rebecca

DisneyIsTerrific
09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Well, auditions for the 2nd play at DS's school have been postponed until either Friday or next week. So, I'm just waiting.

And, yesterday I applied for a job at Michaels!!! I'd been thinking about a part-time job now that DS is driving, and when I was at the store yesterday I saw a sign that they needed people and to apply on-line. I went to the website, filled out the application and took the test. Within 30 minutes, I got a call from the store asking me to come in for an interview on Friday. I haven't been on a job interview in about 10 years!!! :scared1:

Alrighty, my list for today:
Make DH's lunch
DS up and off to school
Laundry
Clean something
Bills
Walmart for some supplies DS needs
Maybe pick up spindle thing DH designed for the revolving stage from metal shop
Work on swaps

Have a wonderful day everyone!

morgansmom2000
09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Wow, I guess they need help, Stephanie! That's great! I'm sure you'll do fine.

Rebecca, that's quite a list! Good luck.

Nan, enjoy your nap.

I'm working today. Don't want to, but I have to. Haven't been in since Friday, so it's been almost like a vacation.

I'll have homework duty when I get home, then dishes, reading, and bed. Ahhh, that sounds lovely. It's only 8:07 and I'm already thinking of bed. At least dinner is in the crock pot!

Have a good day everyone!

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2009, 08:24 AM
You're gonna share that store discount, right Stephanie? :rotfl2:
Good luck on the interview.

Happy Wedding Day!
Happy First Birthday!

What a great day for happy things. :cloud9:

Sorry for being MIA for so long.
The lists are so depressing. I feel like either I don't get enough done or I'm a slacker for not trying to do more things.
If I was honest with myself, I'd admit to being the slacker.

Today is school duty.
Then to the book store to pick up books they ordered for Eldest.
Then to TSC for pet food.
Walmart for milk and bread and maybe a hot pretzel, cause I'm weak.
Then home to :laundy:
Make dinner, do homework and then off to soccer practice.
Today is the first day of making dinner every night. We have agreed to no more fast food during this early begun flu season. We have one more night of going out to eat - Little Bit never got his birthday dinner - and then I get to hone my culinary skills. :rotfl2: My kids are going to be begging for sandwich nights.:rotfl2:

aroyer
09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey AWM, I've missed seeing you on here! Don't feel like a slacker- the only reason my list is too long is because of the move. Trust me, it'll be short again soon (hopefully)!

Jennifer, how are you feeling today?

DIT, good luck with the job interview! I've thought about applying at Archivers, but I think it would be counterproductive. :lmao:

Rebecca, I hope they can get his medicine fixed- that is no fun. I've had that happen before.

coffee
coffee
DD's hair
DD out the door
snuggle with DS during a cartoon
dressed
DS dressed
make bed
make DS's bed
swish and swipe
unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
shine the sink
vacuum!!! (DH fixed the old one- woohoo!)
sweep kitchen
mop kitchen - we had a salad dressing spill and it's still slick
laundry
unpack one box
work in play room
start working on packing
thaw chicken
pick up DD
homework
dinner

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
You aren't a slacker.. remember I write every little detail down... if not with the way my household runs, I'd forget to pick up a kid or fix dinner!!!!

We too have stop going out to eat... my kids were the ones that initiated it as they like to stay home on school nights and relax after dinner and/or practices.

Ok, I had my nap, now it's time to get laundry started and get ready for the post office and picking up Nate... than back to the t'n't swap...

morgansmom2000
09-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm feeling much better today, thanks for asking. If this continues happening every couple weeks, I'm going to have to get myself to my doctor's office. I'm afraid it's a hormonal thing.

We too are working hard at cooking more and eating out less. We just can't afford it, and it's much healthier too. I started Chicken Stroganoff in the crock pot this morning. Super easy and it smelled great before I left!

ZeroToHero
09-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Morning everyone!

AWM - Just remember, you always do more than me. :hug:

Rebecca - Good luck with everything! Make sure to give Duchess lots of extra love tomorrow, she'll need it!

DIT - Sooo.... who's going to get the Friends & Family coupons? You get a whole sheet of them.... ;)

My list:
Up
Breakfast
Figure out what I want to wear
First day of school!!!!!
Work (I have to pick up another night for a while)
Homework (?)

And Nancy, I've decided I'm dropping Mock Trial. Since I just got another night at work, combined with some information I learned yesterday, I don't want to be a part of the "team" anymore.

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
OH my ZTH!!! I can only imagine what info you got! Sorry to hear you need to take on an extra day but at least you have some $$ coming your way!!

Your day come my way w/ DD... She called in tears from school..by the time some others found out about the actions of another girl (not towards my DD but witnessed) but in general...it seems there are many who think this girl is bad news and hot air! By the time, PJ came home, she was okay w/ things and has a game plan sit in motion! I kept reminding her, girls like that, like to hear themselves talk ~ because talking is all they can do, they can't follow up or thru on anything... I reminded her actions are louder than words...and by you and others not responding to her, she'll crawl back under her rock!

ZeroToHero
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Ugh! I know all too well about that... :sad2:

And your advice is exactly what she needs - I hope the rest of the year goes better for her, and I'm sure it will!

rlovew
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
ZTH- sorry you have had to drop but at least you found out now instead of closer to the time. I hope you enjoy what you can do with your extra money.

Nancy- good advice to PJ- I hope the other girl crawls back soon- especially if she is being a pain- some people just don't deserve a voicebox.

Rebecca

tinkryansmom
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Morning all!!

School has officially started - and so has our County Fair - so DD got to go yesterday and is out today. Her pig made weight!:banana: She will show today.

So my list looks something like this:

COFFEE
DDs up and fed and dressed
4H uniform cleaned, pressed and ready
Breakfast for everyone
Start a load of laundry
Head to Fairgrounds - all day -
Lasagna in fridge for dinner

Everyone have a great day!

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Good luck to your DD, TRM!!!

So, fair and school at the same time! Do the kids get excused absences??? Our state fair is the same time as school starting..and the kids are frowned upon going to state... I think that is just awful! They work so hard to advance, than have to choose.... :(

Anyway, reminds me.. need to get on website to sign a petition to save Indiana Summers... they are taking a petition/poll as to whether we think we start WAY TO EARLY with the school year! Well, UH, yes...

joyah
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Afternoon all

never stopped to check in today till now

made dh do the am routine I couldn't get out of bed to save my soul this am
feeling uch better so I must have needed it

Let's see
laundry is done last load in dryer now
eric's cloths sorted and put away
dishwasher emptied and refilled
camper food emptied

Need to:
start and finish Levi's dresser
sweep/vac/mop
switch out fish tank this one seems to be leaking (slowly)
find something for dinner
pick up boys
homework
dinner
bedtime routine
mafia wars for a while (a;; my mothers fault)
me to bed
knock myself out so I get 8 hours.

TRM good luck to DD hope the school doesn't give her any trouble ours are like Nan's it's sad
ZTH glad you figured it out early and can get out of it.
Ashley your list is looking like nan's:scared1:
AWM your crockpot will become your friend, that and do a whole bag of mashed potatos for the week. we lived like that for years when i was working
Stephanie good luck with the interview
Rebecca good luck with DH's meds and duchess tomorrow
Jennifer I like your list can we trade?
Nancy your list is slowing down.

Have a great day everyone I'm off to tackle the dresser

party of 3
09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
PN- good luck at the meet for PJ!

Rebecca-sorry to hear that Daniel is having med problems. i hate that!

DIT- good luck on the interview. we will have an inside track on what's going on in M's!

MM2000-how ya feeling? i think you're funny talking about bedtime so early in the day!

AWM-we are also back to the cooking supper thing. no more take out. we just can't afford it. we usually do one meal on the weekend. but trying to cut that out as well.

Ash-how was the snuggle with you little man? what cartoon were you watching?

ZTH-good luck on your first day of school.

TRM- so glad the pig made weight!:thumbsup2 i'd have no problem in that category!;)

i'm late to the party today, so i won't list my list. but i have it going on paper right next to me!

have a great day everyone!

party of 3
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
christy- have fun tackling the dresser!

glad to see that i'm not the only late one today!
:goodvibes

joyah
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
definately tardy to the party on my end.
Oh well need to go tackle that lovely dresser.

glad you're tackling things

aroyer
09-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Ashley your list is looking like nan's:scared1:
Well, like Nan usually says, it's really not as bad as it looks. I just like to cross things off a list and if I do something that isn't on the list, I add it so I can cross it off!:lmao:

Ash-how was the snuggle with you little man? what cartoon were you watching? Great! We watched Phineas and Ferb- such a funny cartoon to a 4 year old.

morgansmom2000
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Christy, I think that my job would be quite a commute for you ;) But, you can take the homework duty!

party of 3
09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Great! We watched Phineas and Ferb- such a funny cartoon to a 4 year old.

bubba loves phinny and ferb. i bought him a tshirt with them on it. sometimes i do the voice of the sister just to crack him up. i'm sure he missing it, because of school hours. :confused3 see how learning just gets in the way??!!

aroyer
09-09-2009, 01:41 PM
:lmao: Darn school! I'm impressed that you can do an Ashley Tisdale voice. I don't think I could. I can do Yoda though. :rotfl:

party of 3
09-09-2009, 02:29 PM
i so can't do her voice! i do what she says!!!!
and by the way i do a killer Yoda!!!!! (in his voice!!):lmao:

aroyer
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh, ok that makes sense! Yep, Yoda is a big hit at our house and I know it is at yours!

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I do no voice overs! LOL
Phineas and Ferb are a routine here...especially at lunch time!!!
I actually will sit down and watch P & F for hours! LOL (mindless tv, I tell ya!)

I will let PJ know about the well wishes..

party of 3
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
MMMMAAAAA, phineas and ferb are making a title sequence again.........:lmao:

and how about the perry the platypus???
we say...dookie, dookie, doomb ba, dookie dookie doomb ba when he's on!
:confused3 it's really funny! you might have to be there to appreciate it!:rotfl:

party of 3
09-09-2009, 06:22 PM
OK please let me vent for a minute........

bubba gets out of school at 3:05. and takes the bus home. and we live 5 minutes from the school.

1st day of school- he gets off the bus @4:30ish
2nd day of school-he gets off the bus @4:10ish and i ask the bus driver is this the normal time he'll be getting home. and her reply is "no. i'm going to shave 10 minutes off this time. so whatever time it is right now less 10 minutes." ok. so i look @ my cell phone and ask her "so 4:00?" yup she says.
ok. good. i work 5 minutes away. so no problem. so i figure if i leave work at 3:45 i'll be home in plenty of time.
yesterday i get out of work and get home and he gets off the bus at 4:05. ok this works. everything is good.

today- i get out at 3:50 (still plenty of time to get home before 4:00) and i get here and the bus is parked across the street from my house ( i live on the main road in town) and my son is sitting in his tree house/slide thingy all by himself!!!!!! yup! so i see him and think how in the world did i miss the bus and why is he not ON the bus??
i cross the main street to where the bus is and see that the other kids that are on the same stop as bubba are still on the bus!
WHAT?! how long have you been here, i ask? and she said since 3:45! this is the time i'll be here everyday! oh really. 'cause i've asked you and that's not what you said. well it is. and who the heck said it was ok to let my son off with nobody home on the other side of the road to sit by himself????? are you kiddin' me?? and who's responsible for my son and the drop off thing? and i was not the only one who missed it. the other 2 boys moms pulled up as i was walking away and their son's got off the bus as they pulled up. so a)why wasn't my son still on the bus and b) what time will you be here EVERYDAY? and c) what would you have done if someone stopped and picked up my son? would you be able to stop that? i mean really. who do i have to call to report this? the school? the bus company? i'm so stinkin' mad right now i could spit nails!:headache::mad:

so now bubba and i get in the car to go to the post office and he said to me "muma you promised nene that you would be there to get me off the bus and keep me safe, and you broke you promise to her. she would not be happy right now!"
me=:sad:
i know J, i know.
:sad:

morgansmom2000
09-09-2009, 07:04 PM
O.M.G. They let him get off the bus? No, no, no! Call the school, call the bus company, have the driver's head. That is COMPLETELY unacceptable! The bus should have stayed where it was with all the other kids from the stop on it until every person picking up was there. I can't believe how inept people are! That's completely insane! :furious:

DisneyIsTerrific
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the good wishes for the interview everyone! And, if I do get the job, I'll share the discount as long as y'all behave and be nice!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Holly, that is so not right that the bus driver let your DS off the bus. You need to call the school. She is responsible for his safety and that was NOT a safe thing to do.

And, :hug: Holly. You did not break your Mom's promise. You were there when you were told to be there. Not your fault.:hug:

aroyer
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh Holly! That is just NOT right! :hug: You did not break your promise to your mom- it is not your fault. Heads will roll!

I'm done. Today has been sad- SIL's dad passed away. He was a great person, so sweet. He was an extension of our family. I've been a big ball of tears tonight. At one point DH told me to calm down, I was freaking out the kids. :rolleyes: Ooops.

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Holly call everyone!!! He should not have been left off the bus!
Remind Bubba that nene didn't know he was gonna have a nit-wit for a bus driver!!!
I just found out today that our normal bus driver's DH had a heart attack... he is fine, in the hospital, major surgery..but I didn't know.. .I need to check in on her (them) tomorrow...

PrincessNancy96
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
We need that job DIT! I need some retail therapy badly!!!! OMG! I want to just go climb under the covers and tell everyone where to go fly!!!

joyah
09-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Holly OMG heads would roll, Please gently remind Bubba that Nene would have understood that there's a donkey for a bus driver and be glad she at least stayed there. Up here they only keep them if they are in K after that they boot them right off the bus wether your there or not. We live on a major road with the interstate right above it:scared1: my boys have been trained if we are not there run like HE11 for the bridge in our driveway and go to great grammies
Hang in there

Lisa
09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
OK please let me vent for a minute........

bubba gets out of school at 3:05. and takes the bus home. and we live 5 minutes from the school.

1st day of school- he gets off the bus @4:30ish
2nd day of school-he gets off the bus @4:10ish and i ask the bus driver is this the normal time he'll be getting home. and her reply is "no. i'm going to shave 10 minutes off this time. so whatever time it is right now less 10 minutes." ok. so i look @ my cell phone and ask her "so 4:00?" yup she says.
ok. good. i work 5 minutes away. so no problem. so i figure if i leave work at 3:45 i'll be home in plenty of time.
yesterday i get out of work and get home and he gets off the bus at 4:05. ok this works. everything is good.

today- i get out at 3:50 (still plenty of time to get home before 4:00) and i get here and the bus is parked across the street from my house ( i live on the main road in town) and my son is sitting in his tree house/slide thingy all by himself!!!!!! yup! so i see him and think how in the world did i miss the bus and why is he not ON the bus??
i cross the main street to where the bus is and see that the other kids that are on the same stop as bubba are still on the bus!
WHAT?! how long have you been here, i ask? and she said since 3:45! this is the time i'll be here everyday! oh really. 'cause i've asked you and that's not what you said. well it is. and who the heck said it was ok to let my son off with nobody home on the other side of the road to sit by himself????? are you kiddin' me?? and who's responsible for my son and the drop off thing? and i was not the only one who missed it. the other 2 boys moms pulled up as i was walking away and their son's got off the bus as they pulled up. so a)why wasn't my son still on the bus and b) what time will you be here EVERYDAY? and c) what would you have done if someone stopped and picked up my son? would you be able to stop that? i mean really. who do i have to call to report this? the school? the bus company? i'm so stinkin' mad right now i could spit nails!:headache::mad:

so now bubba and i get in the car to go to the post office and he said to me "muma you promised nene that you would be there to get me off the bus and keep me safe, and you broke you promise to her. she would not be happy right now!"
me=:sad:
i know J, i know.
:sad:

Oh, Holly, no wonder you cried. That must have broken your heart even further. Definitely call the school, and the bus company. The driver gave you an incorrect time, her schedule has been all over the place. You didn't break your promise, she didn't fulfill hers.

Thanks for the good wishes for the interview everyone! And, if I do get the job, I'll share the discount as long as y'all behave and be nice!!!!!!!:rotfl:

DiT, just be yourself, they'll see how wonderful you are!

I'm done. Today has been sad- SIL's dad passed away. He was a great person, so sweet. He was an extension of our family. I've been a big ball of tears tonight. At one point DH told me to calm down, I was freaking out the kids. :rolleyes: Ooops.

Oh, Ashley, I am so, so sorry. :hug::hug:

Jennifer, can you email me that chicken straganoff recipe? Sounds yummy.

My to do list:

Put ointment on my new case of poison oak/sumac
Throw load of laundry into the dryer
Get DD up and ready for school. She had other ideas.
Write in DD's communication book.
Apply more stuff on my poison oak/sumac
Work
Caffeinate
apply more stuff on poison oak/sumac
Call pharmacy to confirm the insurance issue on DD's prescription is taking care of. I was told yes
Get call from DH that the prescription was now $897 and was that correct.
Call dr. office to see if they sent in authorization for the prescription dosage
Call pharmact to find out why was I yet again given incorrect information
Go to TJMaxx. Found a Liz Claiborne long raincoat for $5. That is my bargain of the century.
Go to a Dream Dinner event. Never been, it was interesting but want to see if my family likes the meal I did before I commit to another session.
Home to clean kitchen.
Attend webinar at 9:00 pm
Catch up on the boards

P.S. I love phineas and ferb

StitchIsOurHero
09-10-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm so behind--that's what being sick for a bunch of days does, darn it! It interrupts my DIS time!!

DIT--good luck on the job!

Holly--I agree with what everyone has said!! This is NOT your fault--call the school & the bus company and find out what that woman's deal is!!

Ash--so sorry about SIL's dad!! Hugs & prayers to you all!!

Nan--if you need to get away, just head down here!! That way, you can tell them all where to fly, and then just disappear!!

I know I've missed a bunch. . .I'll try to catch up more later!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

party of 3
09-10-2009, 06:25 AM
thanks everyone!:hug:
i knew you guys would understand.:hug:

Ash-so sorry.:hug: my thoughts are with you. it's so hard.
:hug:

DisneyIsTerrific
09-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I hope today is a better day for everyone!!!

Ashley, I'm so sorry about your SIL's Dad. :hug::hug::hug:

PrincessNancy96
09-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Oh Ash, I'm so sorry!!! :grouphug:

I'm even more sorry I missed this post earlier in the day... that is what happens when you skim the posts.. Sorry!

PrincessNancy96
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM
OH gosh, Lisa, please tell my DH didn't pay that!! I don't understand why things are so difficult with insurance/pharmacies now-a-days!

AlexWyattMommy
09-10-2009, 07:54 AM
:hug: Ash, I am so sorry.

:hug: Man Holly, that is a big time difference. I'd be fuming. Why is MY child off the bus and the rest still on?!

morgansmom2000
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Ash.

Lisa, I'll send the recipe. It was super easy and really good! DH thinks it will be "better" tonight. I asked if it was bad yesterday and he said no, but it will be better tonight. Whatever ;)

aroyer
09-10-2009, 08:33 AM
:hug: Thanks y'all! I keep praying for my 6 year old niece.

Nan, don't feel bad, I am bad about being a skimmer too. ;)
SIOH, I'm glad you feel better!
Jennifer, that sounds like a conversation my DH and I would have.