PDA

View Full Version : WDW website - cannot believe it

eeyorefanuk
09-09-2009, 05:49 AM
I have gone on the disney website today and saratoga springs has gone up by 2,500 in two days.

Do you think this is normal or do you think it might be error on the computer and the prices might come back down??

Hate to admit it, but sat her really upset as the moment :sad1::sad1::sad1:

scottishgirl87
09-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Eeeek! That's not good!

Have you tried pricing it up on the US site and seeing if the price is any different there??

eeyorefanuk
09-09-2009, 06:03 AM
what is america website?

I really cannot believe it.

I am just hoping that it is an error now, rather than an error on the original price (though that price was there for ages)

Also priced up different dates and they so much more expensive as well.

This is our first time booking disney but cannot believe go up that much.

wayneg
09-09-2009, 06:07 AM
They have removed the 42% discount.
I guess its a website error, if you check this years dates its gone also, yet they are still advertising it.

Our dates for next August was 2,100 now 4,032.
I don't mind, if they have removed it then it makes up my mind, back to offsite next August. I am torn with the offer, without it I have an easy choice to make.

oceanscape
09-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Looks like the 42% off offer has ended. Just priced up my dates for August next year and it's gone up 1,700 compared to what I am paying. Maybe they will bring the deal back, depends on availability I guess.

oceanscape
09-09-2009, 06:10 AM
duplicate post

scottishgirl87
09-09-2009, 06:12 AM
The 42% off offer didn't apply to next year did it?

As far as I knew there wasn't any offers at present for my dates (which is May). My quotes have been the same price everytime I've checked.

oceanscape
09-09-2009, 06:14 AM
The 42% off offer didn't apply to next year did it?
Yes it did. We got 42% off SSR for next August (2010), many others on the boards have got it too.

scottishgirl87
09-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes it did. We got 42% off SSR for next August (2010), many others on the boards have got it too.

Ahh right, don't think it applied to my dates anyway :confused3

willstewart
09-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Prices seem the same for me too. Shame there aren't any offers on during January when I'm going - everything seems to end in December and doesn't restart until August.

FloridaSam
09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
So pleased I've booked this already. Ours (SSR 14-28 August) for next August has gone up from 1400 to 2688 :scared1::scared1:

JohnnySharp2
09-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I doubt we would have stayed at SSR next year anyway but have been monitoring the prices, notice Old Key West price has also gone up too.

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Im absolutely gutted

Booked our flights last weekend wanted to book Old Key West but my husband said wait till next months visa bill :sad2:

Dont know what to do now

scojos
09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
its says the 42% discount runs out in oct, but i have checked and my booking is 2000 more:scared1:
may be they just want to see if they can see at full price, with the economy as it stands, im sur ethey ll bring the discount rates back.
i too would suggest calling disney to see if they can do anything...
:grouphug:
good luck tracy

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I just rang and she said they didnt know till today the prices were going up.

Nothing they can do obviously.

Im going to kill my husband he always tells me off for booking things too early but really wish I had now.

So do I go ahead and book Port Orleans for 300 more than Old key West would have been ? Maybe they will suddenly withdraw the free dining too.

Gutted

scojos
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM
we love pors, very cool! if you were going to book a studio/1 bed do it- you can alwasy transfer your deposit if dates available. if you wanted a 2 bed dont do it, rooms x3 smaller at pors.
good luck tx

wayneg
09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Their website is still saying available to book for this year until Oct 5th. Can't understand why they have suddenly changed. If they were to pull the offer then I would have thought they would remove pages like this http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=16
I would not book anything yet until you are more certain its not coming back. I didn't book until November last year for this August. It was similar then, offers removed then brought back then extended. I guess it will be same this year but who knows with Disney.

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
She said they were surprised and that prices change all the time etc.

Feel like Ive really mssed up as we booked flights on the basis that with this offer we would be getting a better hotel at a much better price than doing a package, now I dont know what to do.

Why didnt I just book it ?

Oh well, much worse things happen its only a holiday at the end of the day Im sure everything will work out in the end:)

My other half is still in trouble though he is out and I have texted him he hasnt replied !

PudseyChancer
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Why didnt I just book it ?

Don't feel too bad about it, I booked OKW to get the offer for August next year without having flights and am now desperately trying to find some for less than the cost of a mortgage!!!

I'm sure that there'll be more deals in the offing, so don't worry too much, just keep hunting around. :thumbsup2

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I have found the same deal on www.completeorlando.co.uk :) Studio, free dining, tickets, for about the same price disney were offering it till yesterday.

But I did a search on here and no one seems to know much about them so a bit wary incase they go out of business:confused3

Am over the shock now, felt sick when I first read this thread , daft really !

oceanscape
09-09-2009, 02:30 PM
The man I spoke to said the offer has been withdrawn early because it was far more popular than they expected and they don't have a big enough room allocation to meet demand. Looks like its the end of the 42% off deal for a while.

wayneg
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I have found the same deal on www.completeorlando.co.uk :) Studio, free dining, tickets, for about the same price disney were offering it till yesterday.

But I did a search on here and no one seems to know much about them so a bit wary incase they go out of business:confused3

Am over the shock now, felt sick when I first read this thread , daft really !

Complete Orlando is owned by Attraction tickets direct who many on here use for tickets and have done a few years. http://www.completeorlando.co.uk/corp/about-us.php

tink,too
09-09-2009, 02:56 PM
If the deal has been very popular, I would imagine that they may have raised the prices now if there is very limited availability. And since SSR is a DVC resort, regular room availability for SSR would be considerably lower than at other WDW resorts anyway. ;)

Portugal1000
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Hope the offer comes back. Only came back from SSR last week but we absolutely loved it and wanted to book again for next year. Nice to stay somewhere like SSR when its so hot as lots to do if you can't face the parks. The meal deal was a great deal. Will definitley book straight away if it reappears. I think it was a really popular deal as there were loads of English people at SSR this time compared to Dec 2007 when I never noticed any English people.

mushumadness
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
wow I just checked ours and Im glad we have already booked just saratoga springs and the disney tickets alone come to 6900!!!! we are only paying 6000 for saratoga springs, disney tickets, 7 seater car and flights lol!!!

Lauren101
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I am really gutted too as was going to book next week, I didn't realise there was an offer on - so didn't think there was a big rush to book!

Do people think that something else will come up or that there will be another offer/company offering some other deal?

Am really gutted as just could afford it as it was - now there is no chance!!

:confused3

Clare D
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I was also pricing up SSR or OKW in a 1 bed villa as the dining plan and ticket prices made it hard not to go back. DH has told me we need a holiday next year so now I am going to keep a regular eye on the prices to see if the deal comes back. If not we'll probably try Wilderness Lodge this time instead.

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Lauren101 have a look at complete orlando as for the package I was looking for with disney it was almost exactly the same price.
Thanks for that info Wayne Im seriously considering booking with them, really fancied Old Key West for the extra space and the balcony and kitchenette :)

orangetiggs
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
gutted its gone up!!! we are leaving wdw on friday and we looking at booking it this weekend its now 2688 instead of 1400!!!!

Cant beleive its gone up

EvertonCJ
09-10-2009, 06:58 AM
My other half is still in trouble though he is out and I have texted him he hasnt replied ![/QUOTE]

Has he come home yet?:confused3 I wouldn't panic too much at this point. We have just returned from SSR and want to book again for next year. Technically, WDW hadn't announced that there was a 42% discount for next year. My feeling is that they have put in the original prices, so that they can announce in future that they are reducing them by 42%. SSR is an enormous resort and there is no wey that it will be remotely fully booked for next August. The Americans don't tend to book their holidays this far in advance and by all accounts, SSR is the least popular of the DVC resorts. Look out for some special offers in the near future!!!!!

Mermaid2sea
09-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh dear....that's terrible.......

We are looking to go back in Oct 2011 for my 40th....I think we'll book as soon as the dates appear......

Fingers crossed for you that the offer reappears for you...

Lauren101
09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the suggestion of CompleteOrlando - it is cheaper there - a bit more than it was on the WDW site but much cheaper than it is now! I am like you though that I am not sure if to trust a company - after what happened with Travel City Direct (we booked with them 2 years ago, and had just got back when they went out of business!), so a bit nervous after that. However I am tempted to book in case it goes up on this site too. What do people think? Do you think the prices will drop with Disney direct again - or is it better to book elsewhere? Anyone booked with CompleteOrlando before?

Thanks

Lauren101

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Still not decided what to do, need to chat about it tonight.

I think maybe the best thing would be to book Port Orleans with disney then if the offer comes again try to change it over. Will have to check what they would charge for the alteration.

binkytell
09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
we changed this year from akl/pop split stay to yacht club and they
didnt charge us as we where upgradin to deluxe resort.

but i know of others who have been charged.

i am soso so glad i persuaded/harassed/cajoled/moaned/sulked my husband
into booking saratoga in july, he wanted to wait:eek:

paulh
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
well glad we still have dvc points then,cost is just the dues as been members for years.Things must be picking up as they have moved back rack rates to normal rates.still think they will offer free dinning but less of the 42% discount
Paulh

eeyorefanuk
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
My other half is still in trouble though he is out and I have texted him he hasnt replied !

Has he come home yet?:confused3 I wouldn't panic too much at this point. We have just returned from SSR and want to book again for next year. Technically, WDW hadn't announced that there was a 42% discount for next year. My feeling is that they have put in the original prices, so that they can announce in future that they are reducing them by 42%. SSR is an enormous resort and there is no wey that it will be remotely fully booked for next August. The Americans don't tend to book their holidays this far in advance and by all accounts, SSR is the least popular of the DVC resorts. Look out for some special offers in the near future!!!!![/QUOTE]

Any idea why it is the least popular?

scottishgirl87
09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry to interrupt....

Speaking of the WDW UK Website, can anyone actually get on it just now? I keep getting "Connection Interrupted" and I've been trying for about half an hour to an hour!

Maybe we'll get lucky and if it's not just me they're updating with a new offer :thumbsup2 lol

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes hes home making my tea !

wayneg
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry to interrupt....

Speaking of the WDW UK Website, can anyone actually get on it just now? I keep getting "Connection Interrupted" and I've been trying for about half an hour to an hour!

Maybe we'll get lucky and if it's not just me they're updating with a new offer :thumbsup2 lol

Having problems connecting to a few sites, I thought it might be Virgin Media at fault. We can't access Facebook, The Dibb or Habbo Hotel, Disney, geocaching.com plus more.

scottishgirl87
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Having problems connecting to a few sites, I thought it might be Virgin Media at fault. We can't access Facebook, The Dibb or Habbo Hotel, Disney, geocaching.com plus more.

Funny you say that, I have Virgin Media too! And up until a few minutes ago, all websites bar Disney were fine, now more and more aren't working right :(

Lauren101
09-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I can get into the site ok - but it is still coming up with the same expensive prices....

mark&sue
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
SSR is just so much bigger than the other DVC resorts (other than OKW) and some of them are attached to the theme parks. Personally I prefer SSR to the other resorts and even the Grand Floridian as we like to walk to Downtown Disney in the evenings.

I have the Saratoga Springs Resort treehouse villas booked for next July and can't wait.

susan

howlongtillsummer?
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh my word!!! That was seriously close...we booked just two weeks ago!

I guess you need to grab these deals when you see them...I kept putting it off, waiting for flights. Thankfully flights came out just in time!

I am so sorry for anyone who missed out, but there really may well be another good offer.

Tartan Tigger
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I've just priced 9 nights at the Beach Club in July 2010 with Complete Orlando and it is 351 cheaper than Disney UK. My business may be moving away from Disney UK for my next trip!!!

eeyorefanuk
09-11-2009, 12:57 AM
SSR is just so much bigger than the other DVC resorts (other than OKW) and some of them are attached to the theme parks. Personally I prefer SSR to the other resorts and even the Grand Floridian as we like to walk to Downtown Disney in the evenings.

I have the Saratoga Springs Resort treehouse villas booked for next July and can't wait.

susan

Treehouse Villas - how lovely, they look really really lovely, but when I rang disney they did not have any available yet for a costing.

I was trying to find reviews on the treehouse villas but could not find it, any ideas?

Lauren101
09-11-2009, 06:35 AM
I've just booked for August 2010 with completeorlando - so hope they don't go bust!! I have booked SSR with 14 day Disney tickets and free dining plan. Deciding on flights etc later as not out yet. The good news is that they only wanted 169 deposit - so don't think it is too much to risk...

We went to OKW last year so decided to go to SSR just for a change - I think the rooms are a bit smaller but should be fine. There are 5 of us, so much nicer to have a 2 bedroom villa than trying to squeeze into one room somewhere else.

Hope it all works out ok!

iluvtot
09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I've just booked for August 2010 with completeorlando - so hope they don't go bust!! I have booked SSR with 14 day Disney tickets and free dining plan. Deciding on flights etc later as not out yet. The good news is that they only wanted 169 deposit - so don't think it is too much to risk...

We went to OKW last year so decided to go to SSR just for a change - I think the rooms are a bit smaller but should be fine. There are 5 of us, so much nicer to have a 2 bedroom villa than trying to squeeze into one room somewhere else.

Hope it all works out ok!

We were looking at OKW on there last night. Can I just ask what tickets did you book, because they had 14 day ultimate tickets 2009, and then 2010, which were more expensive. I thought that the tickets didn't start to expire untill the first day they were used, so said we should get the 2009 ones, but DH wasn't sure.
Thanks,

Jules x

wayneg
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
We were looking at OKW on there last night. Can I just ask what tickets did you book, because they had 14 day ultimate tickets 2009, and then 2010, which were more expensive. I thought that the tickets didn't start to expire untill the first day they were used, so said we should get the 2009 ones, but DH wasn't sure.
Thanks,

Jules x

14 & 21 day UK tickets expire 31st Dec unless activated before 31st then they expire after the 14 or 21 days.
Magic your way tickets don't have an expiry date.

Lauren101
09-11-2009, 10:55 AM
We went for the 2010 tickets - as I assumed the 2009 ones would not be valid in 2010.

OKW is lovely - quite a big resort so we were quite a walk from the main area and pool, but it was no problem with a car. The 2 bedroomed villa was huge though - so spacious, so loads of room for us to spread out. (The year before we had crammed the 5 of us into a room at POR with a trundle bed, so OKW seemed pure luxury!!).

Was great having a full kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine and drier as well.

We feel we have been spoilt now for going back... but trying SSR next year.

joolz1910
09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Is it possible that Disney has to have the price at 'full price' for a while to make the offer valid? So that the small print can say that it has been offered at full price before the 42% off kicks in again? I hope that this is an ongoing offer because I need it for 2012.:rotfl:

wayneg
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Is it possible that Disney has to have the price at 'full price' for a while to make the offer valid? So that the small print can say that it has been offered at full price before the 42% off kicks in again? I hope that this is an ongoing offer because I need it for 2012.:rotfl:

Thats exactly what myself and Karen were saying last night, there must be some legalities they have to stick to. Just strange they are still advertising something they are now not selling (still there, just checked http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=16 )

gemmybear83
09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
14 & 21 day UK tickets expire 31st Dec unless activated before 31st then they expire after the 14 or 21 days.
Magic your way tickets don't have an expiry date.

They didnt when I went last year we bought 2008 tickets and activated them in Jan 08.

wayneg
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
They didnt when I went last year we bought 2008 tickets and activated them in Jan 08.

Maybe different sellers have different options then, when we bought one for DMIL a few years back it had to be activated before 31st Dec but then she could use it into Jan until it expired.
I know many sites have them listed as 2009 or 2010 tickets. :confused3

Tartan Tigger
09-11-2009, 02:19 PM
We've just booked 10 nights at Beach Club for July 2010 with Complete Orlando. The price for 10 nights was cheaper than 9 nights with Disney UK. Thank you to the person who first mentioned Complete Orlando. :)

jmagla
09-12-2009, 01:55 AM
I've just priced 9 nights at the Beach Club in July 2010 with Complete Orlando and it is 351 cheaper than Disney UK. My business may be moving away from Disney UK for my next trip!!!

Can you tell me what they were like to deal with?, also what kind of deposit do they require ?

Thanks

binkytell
09-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Thats exactly what myself and Karen were saying last night, there must be some legalities they have to stick to. Just strange they are still advertising something they are now not selling (still there, just checked http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=16 )

sorry wayne but am i being really stupid here??

i can only see it advertised for 2009 here for which the offer is still
available.
is it not just for 2010 the offer is not on?

Lauren101
09-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Can you tell me what they were like to deal with?, also what kind of deposit do they require ?

Thanks

I booked online, so didn't deal with them directly but made a mistake so rang them up - and they sorted it out immediately and I got a revised email within about 2 minutes of coming off the phone with them. Plus they only required a small deposit. We booked a 2 bedroom villa at SSR plus 14 day tickets, so it came to over 3900, but they only wanted 169 deposit and balance to be paid in June.

jmagla
09-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Thanks Lauren, I have to say it sounds very good, especially with the low deposit and they are ABTA bonded I believe.

Still very strange that you can get this offer from others when Disney have pulled it from their site. Very tempted but have to get (resonably priced!) flights sorted first for August 2010 (hopefully with a decent baggage allowance).

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Im glad some of you have booked with complete orlando :)

If it was me I would but my husband is still wary so we are going to book with Disney for POR , they said if the offer does come back we could transfer our booking for 50 subject to availability.

I already have my flights booked with BA and they are still going up so pleased at least I booked them the day they came out.

Tartan Tigger
09-12-2009, 04:49 AM

Thanks

We booked online and we had put in a discount code that was available until 11th Sep. The discount wasn't removed so we e-mailed them, tried phoning but the office was closed for the evening (this was last night). Nice man phoned this morning to apologise for the discount not being removed and said he would get it sorted. With our discount we have now saved another 105, now 456 cheaper than Disney UK:yay::yay: so we are very happy. We paid a 50 deposit and the balance is due in May 2010 but you can pay it up in installments.

scottishgirl87
09-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Glad some of you got something sorted! I think alot of people on The Dibb use Complete Orlando :thumbsup2

Now I wish they'd hurry up and release an offer, ANY offer, for my dates :surfweb:

wayneg
09-12-2009, 04:56 AM
sorry wayne but am i being really stupid here??

i can only see it advertised for 2009 here for which the offer is still
available.
is it not just for 2010 the offer is not on?
Yes the ad is for this year, I believe they have not done any ads for next year yet, just checked again still can't find it available for this year(or next) dates I checked were over 200/night at SSR, with offer it was around 100/night.

Still very strange that you can get this offer from others when Disney have pulled it from their site.
Can't understand CO still selling the offer, something is wrong somewhere.

binkytell
09-12-2009, 05:51 AM
the 200 a night is for the 2 bed villa which is the same as the 42% discount
i got booking in july for 2010

there just doesnt seem to be any studios left at the discounted price for this year.

wayneg
09-12-2009, 05:57 AM
the 200 a night is for the 2 bed villa which is the same as the 42% discount
i got booking in july for 2010

there just doesnt seem to be any studios left at the discounted price for this year.

Sorry my mistake, you are correct. I didn't go as far as seeing what room, just saw the from 1,414 for 7 nights, I assumed that was a studio.

Lauren101
09-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Glad some of you got something sorted! I think alot of people on The Dibb use Complete Orlando :thumbsup2

That is good to hear! Sounds ok then. I figured that if we booked our flights separately, then if the worst happened, we would still have our flights sorted, so would just book an off-site villa - so our holiday would not be totally spoilt - but finger's crossed that all will be ok!

Good luck with getting something sorted for your dates..

scottishgirl87
09-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Just a word of warning for anyone....I know Complete Orlando don't have any association with Charter Travel but it could result in the same scenario!!

Just read over on The Dibb of people who have booked with Charter Travel for the OKW/SSR deal and had agreed prices/paid deposits and have now been told that as Disney has removed the deal Charter Travel can't honour the prices!!

:scared1:

oceanscape
09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Over on TheDibb people are reporting that their reservations are not being honoured because of Disney's withdrawal of the offer. If I were you I would call and clarify that your reservation is definitely safe - someone apparently called CompleteOrlando and was told that they "still have to confirm the reservation with Disney" :scared:

jmagla
09-12-2009, 11:27 AM
For information, I emailed them directly late this afternoon and asked the question as to whether this offer was still valid, I also mentioned that it had been pulled from the Disney UK site and that I had heard that another independent agent had withdrawn the offer after bookings had been made.

The reply I received stated that they still have availability for (August in my case) 2010 at the reduced rates for SSR and OKW (even if the Disney site shows no availability), maybe they took an allocation from Disney in advance?

scottishgirl87
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry to keep quoting from The Dibb but according to someone over there who phoned Complete Orlando and they quoted her reduced prices for SSR but said they would have to confirm direct with Disney afterwards, which is obviously what Charter Travel must have had happen :confused3

jmagla
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, its an odd situation, I do find it "unusual" that an agent can continue to get an offer that Disney have withdrawn. I guess we will find out early next week when those that have booked will (hopefully) get confirmation.

Still think that Disney will have to reintroduce the offer or something similar for next year.

Lauren101
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
thanks for the warnings - I will ring Complete Orlando and check as soon as I can. At least if I find out soon, there is no real harm done. My biggest worry is not finding out until after end Dec, so I miss out on booking free dining elsewhere.

I will let you know if I find anything out - and can anyone else please post any info as soon as poss, thanks!! :thumbsup2

Lauren101
09-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I have just rung Complete Orlando, and our booking has been confirmed with Disney and they gave me the Disney booking reference number, so all seems good.

They were very helpful when I rang.

jmagla
09-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Lauren,
That is very good to hear, have a great holiday!

Lauren101
09-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Thank you!! I feel a lot happier now I have spoke to them and they have confirmed this, though won't stop worrying until I have the tickets in my hand!! :)

Lauren101
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything more (good or bad) from Complete Orlando?

Did anyone else book since Disney has put up their prices? Have you heard anything since?

thanks

:)

mushumadness
09-14-2009, 01:37 PM
hiya

sorry I havnt seen the thread about charter travel

did you say people who have booked arnt having booking honoured, we booked ssr at a reduced rate a month or so ago and have paid deposits

wayneg
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
hiya

sorry I havnt seen the thread about charter travel

did you say people who have booked arnt having booking honoured, we booked ssr at a reduced rate a month or so ago and have paid deposits

If they are not honouring the deal it will be only the latest booking since Disney pulled the offer, If you booked a month ago you will be fine.
Strangely Complete Orlando still seem to be taking booking for it:confused3

orangetiggs
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
i'm still hoping disney bring it back! but it was already out this time last year so i'm not holding much hope but still hoping it does come back

orangetiggs
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
anyone travelled with complete orlando? tempted to book with them incase disney dont bring the offer back but not sure

miller disney
09-16-2009, 06:23 AM
We had paid deposit with Charter Travel for Saratoga for 12thAugust2010 for 18nts including tickets and dining plan and now they have come back with increased price(3500), we have booked now with Complete Orlando at original price not sure whats going on with Disney

But I'm happy now were booked.:banana:

Just got a reasonable deal on flights as well with Charter Travel 630 per adult and 530 per child flying with U.S Airlines

miller disney
09-16-2009, 06:25 AM
anyone travelled with complete orlando? tempted to book with them incase disney dont bring the offer back but not sure

They are part of Attraction Tickets direct and the the largest supplier od Disney hotels in the U.K

Hope this helps

Lauren101
09-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks - it all should be ok then, it is just a bit strange that they can still offer the lower prices when Disney and places like Charter Travel cannot. That is why those of us who are booked are just slightly worried that something may go wrong. I am hoping all is well... as hoping to book flights soon..

miller disney
09-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks - it all should be ok then, it is just a bit strange that they can still offer the lower prices when Disney and places like Charter Travel cannot. That is why those of us who are booked are just slightly worried that something may go wrong. I am hoping all is well... as hoping to book flights soon..

You will be fine I have used them for Attraction tickets for a few years now.
Charter may be losing the bokings as they discount further than Disney prices so they may not be very pleased with that process.

Charter let me down as I booked the hotel on 4/9/09 and was told a week later that prices had changed but I rang Disney and they said they had only changed on website on 09/09/09 so not quite sure what they are playing at.:dance3:

Lauren101
09-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the reassurance!

Charter are not doing themselves any favours as word soon gets round on these discussion forums....

miller disney
12-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi just a quick heads up, we had booked our Disney holiday for August 2010 including the Dining plan for 4adults and 2 kids with Complete Orlando, we agreed our price back in October, but was checking the prices this morning and the same holiday had dropped by over 300 pounds, so I rang them up and and they were very helpful and allowed me me to cancel the previous booking and re book the new price only losing my 100 deposit so now I've got my holiday 200 pound cheaper Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!. Many thanks to Complete Orlando , excellent customer service.

wayneg
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi miller disney any good company should allow you to do this, just costs more with some that others, with Disney.co.uk it would be 50pp but with Virgin 135pp. Some allow alterations at a lower cost(sometimes a fee per booking rather than per person) rather than having to cancel and rebook.
Glad you had no problems with CO.:thumbsup2

FloFlo71
12-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi just a quick heads up, we had booked our Disney holiday for August 2010 including the Dining plan for 4adults and 2 kids with Complete Orlando, we agreed our price back in October, but was checking the prices this morning and the same holiday had dropped by over 300 pounds, so I rang them up and and they were very helpful and allowed me me to cancel the previous booking and re book the new price only losing my 100 deposit so now I've got my holiday 200 pound cheaper Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!. Many thanks to Complete Orlando , excellent customer service.

Hi was this accommodation and tickets or full package with flights?
Thanks

zippy99
12-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Complete Orlando - still have the offer prices till 31st December:

From their website:

"SAVE 42% at selected Disney resorts
14 nights deluxe accom-only inc. 14-Day Disney tickets!
Prices From:
559pp
click hereTake advantage of our massively reduced prices at Disney's deluxe Saratoga Springs Resort or Disney's Old Key West Resort. Add Disney tickets as well and receive FREE Disney Dining Plan for everyone.

Travel Dates: 01 Aug - 18 Nov 2010
Book by Date: 31 Dec 2009"

Deposit there is 50 for acommodation plus 10% of Ticket cost

wayneg
12-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Complete Orlando - still have the offer prices till 31st December:

I still don't understand why they are quoting 31st Dec, both Disney.co.uk & Virgin are advertising book before 2nd August(subject to availability) I can only think they are try to create a panic buy situation to urge people to book. I posted this on the Dibb as they are sponsors on there but they did not respond.

zippy99
12-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Just wanted to add - I have booked with Complete Orlando - the staff there are wonderful, really friendly and helpful - I cannot praise them enough.

They have flights on hold for me with BA & Virgin at the moment so I will be booking those too through them as it allows me to pay a deposit of 100 per person for a flight. The prices they have given are cheaper than both BA & Virgin's website so I am happy - plus I have the added benefit of being able to pay for them over time and not in one big hit.

miller disney
12-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Hi was this accommodation and tickets or full package with flights?
Thanks

Just accommodation, tickets and dining plan

eeyorefanuk
12-18-2009, 01:33 AM
just looked for us, save around 200, though deposit paid 400

wayneg
12-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I still don't understand why they are quoting 31st Dec, both Disney.co.uk & Virgin are advertising book before 2nd August(subject to availability) I can only think they are try to create a panic buy situation to urge people to book. I posted this on the Dibb as they are sponsors on there but they did not respond.

They have now responded to me.:thumbsup2

Hi there - we were only advised yesterday by Disney that the 'book by date' for the Dining Plan is being extended. We shall be changing our wesbite early next week. Hope this helps.