PDA

View Full Version : here's my plan... Any better suggestions?

cnorth
09-09-2009, 06:39 AM
I have a bit of a dilemma, and was hoping for some input...

Okay. So we will be on property for one week next summer. We always get the DxDDP. DD will be 10 by that time, so she will be an adult. I am actually really excited about this. DD and DS7 both are really adventurous eaters, and HATE the kids meals. (DS4 isn't, so the kids meals are fine with him.)

So... My plan is for the two of them to split the adult meals, since we get appetizer, meal and dessert. It will still be more than enough food for both of them, and I won't have to hear any whining about one getting better food...

Problem is, that leaves me with a total of 21 kids TS/CS credits left over (3/night times 7 nights), since I have to get him the DXDDP anyway.

I was thinking of using those for all of us to split breakfast in the mornings using 3 kids CS credits per day. We aren't big breakfast eaters, and use the DxDDP for a 1TS credit lunch and a 2TS credit dinner per night.

Any better suggestions?

aka-mad4themouse
09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
That works well if your DD and DS are not like mine. I've nicknamed them "Zig" and "Zag". They never agree on anything! Will your children be happy with of a week of eating each other's food choice? And who gets to make the choice? What happens when A wants steak and B wants seafood? And you will only get one beverage with each meal, so you will have to pay OOP for one of them unless you intend for them to share that as well.

As far as the 3 kid's meal CS breakfasts each morning - you will only be able to order 2 at a time because that is how many children you have on your plan (unless Disney has changed this?). You can go back and order the 3rd one or have someone go thru a separate line at the CS location to do it.

Don't forget that you will also have 2 snack credits per night per person. Snack credits can also be used to buy items for your breakfast (e.g. cereal, fruit, milk).

cnorth
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Amazingly, they tend to agree about food choices most of the time. I am planning to buy a drink OOP for each meal.

We have used snack credits for breakfasts in the past, and it has worked well since we don't eat much breakfast. I was really just trying to find a way to use the extra credits. I don't really mind leaving them unused that much, but I figured we could use some of them, atleast....

lanasboys
09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
How about picking up "to go" things for the trip home on your last day? Or I have read reports of CMs allowing people to swap "meal" credits for "snack" credits. That way you could get some prepackaged snacks to go on your last day.

cnorth
09-10-2009, 01:21 AM
:) Thanks! I hadn't thought about that.