PDA

View Full Version : Favorite *SAVORY* snack on the dining plan?

chocovrdmicears
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
We are heading to the World in December for 10 days. There are 4 of us so that equals a delightful 36 snacks! :goodvibes I am committed to using our snack credit wisely and more creatively than our past trips. Anyone who has been on the dining plan before knows that you get more-than-u-can eat desserts.;) I have some snack credits allocated for our chocolate covered mouse ears :mickeybar and dole whips. But I would love to use some for non-sweet treats :eek:....
I scanned through the list of " 2009 approved snack credits" and have some ideas...anyone have their *FAVORITE* savory snack credits they would like to recommend? TIA!:flower3:

SPAM
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
chili cheese fries at pecos bills, popcorn, pretzels.

bamagirl@hrt
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
ham & cheese croissant at the bakery in France in the World Showcase :thumbsup2 YUM!

chocovrdmicears
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you for your suggestions! :)
I thought I read the ham and cheese croissant was no longer allowed as a snack. :sad1: I hope it is! Both myself and DS6 would LOVE that!

Redheaded Sunshine
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm going during the Food and Wine festival so I'm saving most ALL of my snack credits...and any I can mooch off of my family too...for tasting around Epcot! I can't wait for the cheddar cheese soup....yum!

bamagirl@hrt
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought I read the ham and cheese croissant was no longer allowed as a snack. :sad1: I hope it is! Both myself and DS6 would LOVE that!

Oh no! I had not read that! My husband got it in December, but that was 9 months ago. Seems like there is a rash of price increases at WDW; it might now be over $4. We're going next month and my husband will be so bummed if he can't get that as a snack! Sorry if I gave false information :sad1:

staceyatdisney
09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
ham & cheese croissant at the bakery in France in the World Showcase :thumbsup2 YUM!

Ding Ding Ding that thing was excellent. Well, the one bite that I had of it was anyway. Unfortunately, I walked over to check on our 4yr old who was drawing a mask with a CM - when I returned to the table the croissant was gone!!! My wife killed it and started working on the Neapolitan pastry. The Neapolitan is also a snack and is also phenomenal.

I can confirm that the croissant was still considered a snack on Thurs Sept 3rd at around 10:00 PM. :yay:

takemetomickey
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
The chocolate croissant at the bakery in France! Definitely stop by there- almost everything in the case is considered a "snack." Also stop by the Confectionary on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom- huge selection of delicious and different "snack" credit items. Yummmm :wizard:

Nancy for Disney
09-10-2009, 12:19 PM
You will need to verify on the snack credit list but I think you can get chili or soup at CS restaurants. I believe there is a "sticky" thread on this at the top of the dining board thread.

I know me DD would often choose bread sticks over a regular meal at some of the CS restaurants. The two places that she did this was Pizzasafari (sp?) at AK and the food court at POR.