PDA

View Full Version : restaurant highlights?

critty
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm putting together my plan for dining. I've tried to read up and make note of special items that we should be sure to order- like the Stawberry soup at 1900 Park. Are there any other must try items I should be on the look out for? We like all kinds of stuff :) thanks!!

Dec 6 (Sun) 1900 Park fare (buffet) 7:15 At Disney’s grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Buffet: Cinderella, Prince Charming, Cinderella's step mother and step-sisters; Strawberry soup.

Dec. 7 (Mon) 5th birthday (she does love the princesses, but we see them around) – Magic Kingdom Park The Crystal Palace for breakfast 8:15am- buffet: Winnie, Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet Omelete station, puffed French toast Is coming here twice in one day over kill? We don't have hopper tickets, so we need to stay in the same park.

Crystal Palace for dinner 4:40pm

Dec 8- Akershus 6:25 Epcot Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Ariel.

Dec 9- Chef Mickey’s 6:50 PM Disney's Contemporary Resort Buffet: Mickey, Minnie,Goofy, Donald and Pluto

lorourke11
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
It appears that every place you are going is a buffet, so when it comes to "not to miss" items, you should be in good shape. Not like you need to decide from a menu on what to order. I am partial to the breakfast pizza at the Crystal Palace.

Personally, going to CP twice in one day would be too much for me. You will be eating different foods as it is a different meal, but you would be seeing the same characters. Every place you listed is a full service restaurant. I don't know if you meant to do that or not. There are lots of counter service places in the MK to get a decent meal. Sit down is more limited, but there are options.

rifamtrav
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
We just returned last week and were pleasantly surprised with Askerhaus. Many reviews are pretty mediocre, at least as far as the food goes, but I thought it was good. There is a starter buffet, that has cold meats, salads, fish, including both cooked and smoked salmon and a selection of cheeses. We liked just about everything on the buffet. For dinners, we tried just about everything - the traditional meatballs were probably the least interesting. The salmon was actually quite good. The lamb stew was good, if you like mushrooms and wine - I like both, but my husband was a little disappointed, because it's not your typical lamb stew (and he doesn't like mushrooms.) I didn't taste the veggie filled pasta, but my 14 year old daughter was pretty happy with it. If you like pork, I would think the pork chop would be good too, but no one at our table ordered it.

NorweJenNY
09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Chef Mickey's for dinner...

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/NorweJenNY/WDWJuly2009/07-11-09/7-11-09%20Food/IMG_1170a.jpg

Loved the prime rib... loved the mashed potatoes...

but most of all...

Loved the Mickey dome!

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/NorweJenNY/WDWJuly2009/07-11-09/7-11-09%20Food/IMG_1224a.jpg

TBGOES2DISNEY
09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I think the breakfast lasagna is pretty unique and delicious at CP.