PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

rmdo92
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi

I am starting the planing for my next holiday.

I am coming from the UK so Insurance is an odd thing to us.

Last time I went just about 2 years ago, I did have some problems but I managed to get insurance for about 100.

And last year when i went to Pairs it was about 300.

But i did have problems, but with planning I did not have to many problems.

I have also had problems on plains (I also got the plain landing at the wrong place.)

Now my health is not as good, I now have epilepsy that is controlled with drugs.

In about 2 or 3 months I think they are going to add MS to it.

I have just had a quick look for how much it is going to cost me this time and it was about 1100 this time.

Does anyone think i should be able to get it for less.

Roger

Netty
09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
go to travelsupermarket.com and go through the insurance companies that come up on there.
we use direct-travel.co.uk and pay 72 for a family annual, but we dont have any medical conditions.
1100 is absolutely rediculous - you will get insurance a lot cheaper than that

wayneg
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
All you can do is try as many companies as possible until you find a price you are happy with then make sure their cover is adequate.
Usually you can get it at a reasonable price, DMIL is in her 70's, heart condition and diabetes, cost her about 350 for 9 nights with us last Xmas but I know someone else with similar problems and it was in the 1,000's, couldn't get price down so they decided not to go.
Costs us 150/year for top cover incl DW high blood pressure. Only pay that price because I want 2 laptops covering for 500 each otherwise it would be about 70.
Good luck.

rmdo92
09-06-2009, 03:56 PM
The problem is there is a bit in most T&C is no long term medilec condicons, been to a doc. in the last 6 months.

it is the bit they try and get you on so they do not have to pay out.

Netty
09-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't worry about posting here :hug:
This is the insurance company i book with, have a look and maybe give them a ring

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/pre-existing-medical-conditions.aspx