PDA

View Full Version : ok I know this has probably been asked a thousand times

momdad4kids
09-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Normally we go on vacation over march break ,however this year my wifes vacation wasn't approved so now we're thinking of doing Disney next fall sometime between Sept 15 to Oct 7 . What are Disneys usual dates for free dining and how far ahead does one need to reserve a room? I called last night just to get prices so we would know what we were looking at and ALL the moderates were booked solid for those dates

beroh2253
09-06-2009, 07:43 AM
We usually book in April when free dining comes out (somewhere around April 9) and the free dining is somewhere from mid Aug thru the end of Sept. but if you book at the end of Sept. they let you run into Oct. This year we got the pin so we are doing free dining last week in Oct., and the free dining with the pin runs into mid Dec. There is also free dining this year Oct. thru mid Dec. for the general public but value gets the QSddp (can upgrade to reaular DDp) and Mod and above get the regular DDP (this may only be fot this year).
Are all of Moderates for next year booked or was that this years mod booked?

momdad4kids
09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info,god I love this place.Oh and it was THIS year,2009,that was booked.Interesting you bring up the QSDP because we got a pin upgrading us to reg dining plan for this fall,I did'nt really realise that until I called ,still without the pin and paying the extra to upgrade to the reg.dining plan there was very little difference between the value resorts and the moderates(i got prices on 2 rooms @Coronado springs but before we were finished they had disappeared).It was less than $500 for 5 nights after taxes.using the code though would have saved us around a thousand staying at POP.But since Im planning a year in advance I dont want to count on ever getting another code,my luck just doesnt run that way,:sad2:

beroh2253
09-06-2009, 01:28 PM
We got the pin code and decided to take advantage of it, our luck is about the same and will pobably never see a pin again. If you don't have the pin I think it is $10 per person to upgrade to the regular DDP, Oct. thru mid Dec. if you book a value. We love POR but can't beat the price of POP and love the 50's area since growing up in the 50's and 60's. Some day when our youngest is out of college it will be back to POR.

dansyr2514
09-06-2009, 02:55 PM
We are thinking of going 9/30 2010 to 10/7 2010. Do you think the free dining will still be on. Also if it is on for 9/30....but ends before 10/7 will they let be book it for the entire trip?

squirrel
09-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Yes, as long as you check in before the last day of Free Dining then the whole trip (14 nights max) is on Free Dining.

dansyr2514
09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
That's awesome....Thanks. Wanted to go late enough for the food and wine festival but still during free dining