PDA

View Full Version : QS Free Dining at a Mod?

Disney-on-the-Brain
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but... We would like to take advantage of the free dining offer this Oct. We would really like to stay at CBR which comes with the regular DP, but we would prefer to have the Quick Service plan. Has anyone tried to do this and were you sucessful? I called Disney reservations, but the CM I spoke with was a bit short with me and said it was just not possible. I would think that Disney might prefer to save a bit by having us on QS. Just wanted to know if any wise DIS folks have had any luck. Thanks!:wave2:

aka-mad4themouse
09-05-2009, 01:45 PM
The formal answer to this is "No, you can't". The moderate and deluxe resort packages include the DDP and can be upgraded to DxDP. But they cannot be downgraded.

Now for the informal: A lot of times during Free Dining, Disney will allow guests to exchange TS credits for a CS meal. That's the deal for the Aug/Sept Free Dining. It may not be the same for the Oct/Nov/Dec Free Dining since (supposedly) the demand for TS locations will not be as great since value resorts are on the QSDP.

SarahD
09-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Keep in mind that although you may be able to get CS instead of TS, you're still paying the regular DDP price, not the QS price.

MouseMomx2
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind that although you may be able to get CS instead of TS, you're still paying the regular DDP price, not the QS price.

The OP is going during Free Dining so the cost is included in their room/ticket price.

kidsgobears
09-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Check out the room discounts being offered. Maybe the discount is enough to offset the price of paying for the QSDP??

diskris
09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
When we were there the end of August they cancelled the Luau. We could have made reservations elsewhere, but they weren't going to be until 10PM. So now we had 2 TS credits and we were leaving the next day.

We booked breakfast for the next morning and then went to our foodcourt at CSR and used our other TS credit there for dinner. When paying we just said 'TS credit please'. No questions asked and we were on our way.

debsays
09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
the BEST counter service meals at a moderate is at CSR withouth a doubt !