PDA

View Full Version : Back from 11 day trip

Mrdudecool
09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I arrived back on Wednesday (yes, late post I know) from 11 days at WDW staying at OKW with free ddp.
Favorite restaurants would be 50's Prime Time Cafe and Yachtsman Steakhouse. 50's just because it is so funny with the Cast Members and the yachtsman, well its worth 2 credits. Everything was amazing. We went back twice to both these places!

Disappointed with Planet Hollywood. Food wasn't the best and felt as if we were being rushed out, they brought the check out before we ordered dessert and there was a restricted dessert menu, unlike all of the other places we went to. Very disappointed.

Parks were very quiet, saw attractrions such as Splash Mountain and Rock n roller at 20 minutes. TOT at 13 minutes. Longest of course TSMM and saw that get to 110 minutes but we managed to go on that 3 times and I am proud of my 170,000 high score! :P

I may post pics later, not sure. But either way, was an excellent time there!

Oh, and US Airways, the bad reviews I read were completely wrong. Excellent airline, never delayed, always left early, friendly crew (except for one of the return who was just plain rude) and very good. Definately would recommend and fly again.

Thanks,

Jack

wayneg
09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome home Jack.

Mrdudecool
09-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks.
I actually was 2 rows behind you in Spaceship Earth that Saturday you got back from cruise but never saw you in Project Tomorrow after.

howlongtillsummer?
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Welcome home. How did you find Old Key West?

Mrdudecool
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
We've been before and loved it every time. It doesn't feel so full on as a hotel and we enjoy the smaller, quieter pools there and the room.
We are DVC and this is our favourite resort.

howlongtillsummer?
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info. We are staying there next year for our first time on property. Very excited!

Netty
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
welcome back! :)

suzycute
09-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip!

mollies_mum
09-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome back, how did you find 11 days? We're going for the same amount of time next October but not sure how to organise my days for the best!
Don't want to spend the whole time rushing around! :cool1:

Mrdudecool
09-06-2009, 08:17 AM
We have been before so did the attractions we wanted most to do.
The crowds were busy for a few days when we went but may be ok for you when you go? Not sure as never been October.
We did 4 days at the waterparks as we wanted a relaxing one with events earlier in the year and end of last year so did the water parks and found even with some longer waits some days that we managed to do everything we wanted to do. Toy Story was longest we saw get to 110 mins one day.
I would advise if you can, do EMH in morning. We got up at 6.30 a few days to get there for rope drop and then did more attractions in that 1hr than we did in EMH at night, found night ones were always busy and ended up ditching them.

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway, have fun planning!

mollies_mum
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Thankyou :thumbsup2
Our last trip was in September 2006 and we didn't get to do Universal so now my daughter is older (10) we are planning to spend at least 2 days in Universal and IOA maybe more, 2 days in Seaworld and the rest in Disney and waterparks as these were the ones we spent the most time in in 2006.
That's my rough plan at the moment,
Thanks again and glad you had a great time and a safe journey home :goodvibes