PDA

View Full Version : Room requests if booked through Virgin?

Hobbes
09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Not "How to request a virgin in your room"!:rotfl:

Has anyone tried requesting a specific room or area at any of the Disney resorts if you book through Virgin? We're staying at Pop again and last time we were in the 80s block,top floor, near a stairwell which suited us just great. I was wondering if it was worth getting in touch with Disney just before we go-I read somewehere 5 days?-and requesting somewhere in this area again. Has anyone done it and got their wish? If so, anyone know who I email?

pumpkin mom
09-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi, I have twice requested a specific room/floor at a particular hotel (not disney), I phoned the hotel direct while still in the uk and spoke with reservations and the front desk. I told them we loved the hotel having stayed the previous years and that our previous room was fab with a great view. when we checked in we had an upgrade!!! I have also e-mailed the US virgin team looking after the hotel and made a request with them again with success. hotels still love repeat buisness and if you say how fab etc it was last time I am sure you will get what you want. Good luck and have a great trip

Hobbes
09-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks, its not the end of the world if we're somewhere else, but it was nice and quiet (very few kiddywinks!) and not a mammoth trek to and from the food court and bus stop.

maznorm
09-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Email the hotel directly. We stayed in 3 hotels (offsite) in 2007 through Virgin and not one of them even knew about our requests.

They made every effort to fulfill our requests themselves once we were there and I just wish I had asked them directly myself.

maznorm
09-20-2009, 04:38 AM
So, I have another question. We went to drop a gift off at a friend's hotel (they would be checking in 2 weeks later). The hotel had no record of their booking and said that bookings doen through Virgin don't tell them who is staying in the hotel.

In this case, how would a person make a direct request to the hotel?