PDA

View Full Version : Please help me crunch numbers

iloveeeyore
09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi! I'm trying to determine if it would be cost-effective for my family to PURCHASE the DDP, so I'm checking out all the menus on allears.net, adding up the cost of what we would order if we weren't using the plan. Do I have to add tax to those menu prices, even for the family-style and buffet places like 'Ohana and BOMA? ('Ohana price listed as $31.99. Does that include or exclude tax?) If I have to add tax, what is the %?

Also, we enjoy ordering a few appetizers and alcoholic drinks for which we would have to pay oop on the DDP. Would we get an entire separate check for those that would include the tax on those items, or is the tax for the whole meal lumped in together?

TIA!

Faldred
09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
You would need to add 6.5% sales tax to the AllEars.net prices. There may be exceptions with CRT and the dinner shows -- I don't know one way or the other. (It's also 7% at the value resort food courts, as they are in a different tax jurisdiction.)

If you order beyond plan entitlements, you will be charged sales tax on just those items; the DDP plan cost includes all applicable taxes.

jcanary
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Don't forget that you have to pay the tip for the total on DDP. That is not included. Not sure if you have an AP but I was in a similar dilema and then I found some vacation club points real cheap so I rented some points, stayed at OKW in a studio, and purchased the tables in wonderland. The meal plan would have cost us over$700 plus tip plus any alcoholic drinks and appetizers. I brought my receipts home and for the 7 nights that we were there for room and food we paid 1100. the food was a little over 500, and that's with tip. We had much larger accomodations, etc and just really enjoyed it alot. We are going back in October and next August and will use our AP's and Table in wonderland for those trips also. Even though we will probably stay at a value next august, we will still save 20% on any appetizers and alcoholic drinks. There was only two of us plus our daughter for a few days (we would have had to pay for the dining plan for the duration if we used DDP). We ate well, even one dinner at California Grill for our Anniversary. It is a tough decision if you should do DDP or not.