PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse - dining plan

sanapp
09-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I have to make my ADRs this Sunday and just can't decide. We are going to be at HS on a non Fantasmic day (would have stayed for Fantasmic and done a dinner package). I am not really impressed with any of the HS dining choices, so thinking of leaving in the early evening for dining elsewhere. I was thinking of maybe Chef Mickey's, but there doesn't seem to be great reviews and don't know if I want something so hectic. Okay, so to my real question. If I were to do an ADR at the Yachtsman Steakhouse I know that this is a signature dining location, so it will take 2 TS credits. That is okay we could just pay for our Tusker House breakfast. Do you know if you get a appetizer, entree and dessert if you do a signature or do you still just get entree and dessert. This looks like a place my husband would LOVE!! He is a big meat eater, so.... I am also hoping to get into Le Cellier, Ohana and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Any thoughts on Yachtsman would be greatly appreciated! Thanks as always!!

Faldred
09-02-2009, 09:17 AM
The entitlements are the same whether it's 1 TS or 2 TS. On Basic DDP, it would be entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

Appetizers, of course, would be included on Deluxe,

sanapp
09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Can anyone tell me where this restaurant is and how long it would take to commute to from HS and then what would the best way to get back to Pop would be? I am assuming that it is okay to take DD6.

B&WMickey
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM
The restaurant is at the Yacht Club. If you are at DHS you could take the boat from DHS directly to the Yacht Club. I would assume it will take you about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. If you have Park Hoppers you can walk from the Yacht Club to Epcot and then catch a bus to POP from there (it will probably be a long walk though with a 6 year old, since you'll need to pass through both WS and FW to exit the park by the bus stops). Other option is to catch a bus outside of the YC to another park and then transfer to a bus to the POP. A cab would also be an option, not sure on the exact cost though.

From what Iíve read from others bringing children along isnít a huge deal. Iím hoping thatís true because Iím taking a 4 and 6 year old in Nov.

n2mm
09-04-2009, 07:11 AM
I never think that a signature restraurant is worth it if you're on the regular DDP because you don't get the appetizer. If you're on the delux ddp, then the appetizer is included. I ate at YSH in July and while I had a great meal, I don't ever see me using 2TS here again. We were on the delux ddp so got the appetizer, but didn't think it was worth 2 TS. We did a signature week and we ate at a signature location every night. While it was fun trying new places, it convinced me that with my TiW discount I can do better than the cost of the Delux ddp. BTW--the steak was very good and much better than LeCellier. I did not like the desert choices here -- I'm not a fan of those tiny desert bits they now offer at many locations.

MichaelColey
09-05-2009, 01:19 PM
The Yachtsman is one of our favorites. If your husband likes a good steak, he'll probably love this. Excellent service as well.

Le Cellier is also good, but very hard to get into since it's just a single credit.

Chef Mickey's was good, but we liked 1900 Park Fare better.