PDA

View Full Version : Does the DDP specify Adult Counter Service vs. Child Counter Service?

dismom
09-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Sorry if this thread is already posted somewhere...I searched & couldn't come up with anything. My dd is 7, but fairly picky. She is not much for Disney's chicken nuggets, nor will she eat a pb&j. The mac & cheese is hit or miss but I hate for her to be eating that for 8 days straight.

What I'm wondering is if dd can just share off of my plate for some of the counter service meals, and then use the CS credits for breakfast another day? Does it show specifically adult CS credits vs. Child CS credits?

Thanks! We're at 17 days & counting, and though it's our 5th trip, we seem to be rusty at this!

Dismom

Faldred
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
While the credit balance does not actually differentiate adult vs. child, child CS credits are to be used only for child meals. There is no problem letting her share off your plate, but if you're doing so as to later buy an adult CS meal with her credit, than that's improper use of the system.

TDC Nala
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
The rules of the dining plan are that you may not use credits for which you paid a child's price to order meals from the regular menu (unless the restaurant has no children's menu).

If you want her to be able to always order from the regular menus, the usual suggestion is to upgrade her to 10 years old and pay for the adult dining plan for her. The downside is that if you are on a package reservation you would have to buy her an adult park ticket, but depending on how many days on the ticket, the difference may not be much.

southcarolinagirl
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I upgraded our son age 8 to an adult age 10 for free dining this year. We only needed one day tickets, so it cost me all of $12...great deal! He will be thrilled not having to eat kids food all week!

bangzoom6877
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
You can share your CS meal with your child, and save the child's credit for a child's CS breakfast meal, sure! You don't have to use the same amount of CS credits as people in your party at each meal. Some adult couples with the DDP share a CS breakfast (because you get 2 beverages anyway) and then share one of the larger CS meals for lunch as well. However, a child's credit is intended to be used for a meal off the children's menu.

Another option is that if one of the adults in the party feels like having what is offered on the children's menu at a CS location, they could swap their meal with the child and eat the children's menu meal while the child eats their meal. That way you're still using child credits for child meals and adult credits for adult meals.

Or, you could try to look for CS locations that do not have a children's menu but there are very few of them.

dismom
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the answers! Just to clarify, the breakfast would be for her, not for us! I'm not trying to get extra meals for us, Lord knows they give us enough food! DH & I aren't big breakfast eaters...we'll eat a granola bar if anything & that can last me until 1pm. But my dd is a big breafast eater, and it would be nice if she could use those for breakfast. I just didn't want to have her sharing my food & then not be able to get her meals down the road. It's not a bad idea to upgrade if she ate more than she does, but she barely eats anything anyway!

Thanks for your help!

wifisker
09-02-2009, 11:27 PM
You can share your CS meal with your child, and save the child's credit for a child's CS breakfast meal, sure!

Yep; that's what we're planning to do. Some meals we'll order adult CS and share and then another meal we'll order the child CS and share. Not sure I'd like the mac & cheese but would probably be okay with the chicken nuggets. We might also go to Casey's or whatever that place is that sells hot dogs without a kids menu and get one to split.