PDA

View Full Version : ~The Daily Grind~ 9/1/09

ddavis860
09-01-2009, 03:48 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

~The Daily Grind~ 9/1/09

Welcome to September!! This year is really flying!! My DS21's college classes start today. So, both my chickies will be back...and now that I'm full time, I don't get to enjoy it! :(

Today is also my anniversary...20yrs with my DH! :teeth: I feel like we deserve a prise or something ya know?

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

365 pic

Dinner... out with DH...

Have a Great Day everyone!!! :teeth:

StitchIsOurHero
09-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Good morning, everyone!! Woohoo for TUESDAY!!! And for the 1st day of September! This year is flying by!!

Deb--congratulations and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You're right, 20 years is so rare, and DEFINITELY something to celebrate!! I hope your anniversary is wonderful!

I didn't get up this morning to walk--I decided to sleep in, and it was very nice!! 4:35 was definitely better than 4:00!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Clean DH's bathroom
4. Get cards/stamp for work
5. Clean kitchen
6. Clean up "surprise" left by cat
7. DS up
8. DS to Mom's
9. Shirts for Mom to mom's
10. Work
11. Go get bangs cut
12. Week of P365 during lunch
13. P365 pic of the day
14. Pick up DS
15. Tan?
16. Fold 1 load of laundry
17. Wash 2 loads of laundry
18. Frozen pizza for dinner
19. Scrap while DH & DS walk--work on resort swap
20. Pack lunches for tomorrow
21. Get UT decorations out
22. Make grocery list
23. Make cabin list
24. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a terrific Tuesday!!

ddavis860
09-01-2009, 04:23 AM
AND it's another lovely and cool day today!! I'm so excited that it's getting into the 60's at night again! I can finally sleep well.

OK, this is how bad it must have been...after just 1, count them, 1 good night sleep without tossing and turning due to the heat, then a cool morning with lower humidity, I had people coming up to me yesterday asking why I looked pretty, what did I do different... My answer? A Good night's sleep and I could finally do my hair for the first time in like 3 months :rotfl2:

Wow, I must have been really looking rough!! :eek:

StitchIsOurHero
09-01-2009, 04:48 AM
I so know what you mean!! This humidity kills me!! I've sweated off my makeup by the time I get to work. . .I dropped DS off yesterday, and Mom said, "Have you been crying?" Um, no. Just the humidity tracking mascara down my face!!!

Glad it's a cooler morning for you!!!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Happy Anniversary Debbie!!!!!! DH and I celebrated 20 years in May.
SIOH, don't you just love kitty cat surprises!!!:rotfl:

It's hot and humid still here. I'd love to have some of that cooler weather!

My day:
DS up and off to school
Run dishwasher
Go get hair cut
Stop by scout office and make National Jamboree payment
Go to JoAnn's
Go to grocery store
Go to library
Finish Everyday SwapWork on cj's
Label swaps that I've got completed
Keep fingers crossed for DS. He has auditions for the 2 plays his school is doing the first semester.

Have a great day everyone!

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Mornin'!!

quick check in..
Brooke ~ add to your list my email of photos! LOL

Congrats Debbie!!!

Today:
up
movin' all of us..
work in Ds8's classroom til 9:15pm
DH to meet EX and DsS15 for brace fitting
DH has day off work (maybe lunch out?)
cut 3 paper piecing for Suzanne (will be done by Thursday)
list on notebook paper
DD has an XC meet tonight
DS8 has football practice (DH will handle this)
camera batteries charged

Ok, off to get the little one on the bus and rattle the big grouchy kids
Everyone have a great day!!

joyah
09-01-2009, 06:17 AM
morning all

today's list yuck yuck and doudble yuck is the theme of the day
up
boys up
out the door
dis for a few email to water aerobics instructor i'm going back to bed
back to bed for a few
camper list from yesterday
boys dressers
unpack from quilt meeting got the top finished
laundry folded and away why is it I live out of baskets?
Make shopping list for camping weekend
lunch in there somewhere
pray I don't have to do hay other than tedder it if he can't get off a job.
take another nap this on for Levi he feels crummy too.
pick up from bus (this 4pm stuff of getting home HAS to stop complained to principal yesterday over 1 hour each way for elem kiddo)
forgot I have to go pick up Stampin up order for friend at another friends house this will take a chunk of the pm
homework?
dinner
bedtime routine with boys and them will be in bed at 7 manditory early bed in our house tonight.

Deb Happy 20th we had 15 in june and I'm still shaking my head. fall here too it was 45:scared1: when I crawled out of my bed at 5:30
Brooke 4 am when do you sleep???
DIT good luck to DS with adutions better him than me I hate being infront of people
Nancy rough am in your house too????????

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 06:42 AM
OH my gosh, my big kids are getting harder and harder to wake up... they go to bed by 10pm (based on sports events, homework...that is there usual bedtime...) They don't have to get up til 7am as bus doesn't come til 8am... We will be having a family meeting tonight about it taking 30 minutes to get them up and moving... this will stop today! I'll wake you up twice... you over sleep, you are in big trouble! I think DS13 is going through a growth spurt because his emotions have been all over the place...so I'm trying to give him a little lee-way.. DD has a track meet today, so I'm sure she is trying to get that little extra rest before running 3 miles at full force.... but getting nasty at me doesn't work!!!

joyah
09-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Well I'm up still feeling yucky but DH was grumpy so I slept for maybe 10 mins between the phone calls. off to see what I can accomplish.

Nancy that's how my house was this am. plus Levi feeling yucky I'm sure it's allergies golden rod is full force here right now. but it is still no excuse for causing greif in the am's. Our bedtime is 8 light's out at 8:30 at the latest bus comes at 6:54 so they are up at 6.

StitchIsOurHero
09-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Nan--I'll send the pic today!!! I promise! ;)

DIT--yep, love those little "surprises"! Sometimes I think they do it when I'm the only one up on purpose!!

Nan & Christy--we've had the "getting out of bed" problem here, too. . .only sometimes, it's DH!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Seriously, good luck with that!!

rlovew
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Good Morning- Sorry so many of you are having trouble with the getting out of bed.

Today:
stores: radio shack, grocery, packing tape (target maybe)
pack up swaps
Post Office
Carnival meeting
copies of registrations
work on forms for money back (reciepts for things we have paid for at church)
finish putting away SDV
work on cleaning master bath

Rebecca

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 07:47 AM
My darling baby bunny is off for her first day of 4th grade. I didn't cry this year. She was very excited to get back. Her backpack/bag was FULL today, she's got loads of stuff to leave for her teacher and classroom.

I'm going to work on my resort swap today, and do a little laundry. I think I need a second cup of coffee ;)

It's BEAUTIFUL here! Dry and cool, perfect for my stupid hormones!

Deb, Happy Anniversary! 20 years is quite an accomplishment.

Hope everyone has a great day!

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Rebecca, how's your foot?

rlovew
09-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Getting better- we were worried last night because it was swollen but it is hurting less today and the swelling is down- I need to take it easy over the next few days or I believe the swelling will come up again. I think I just have a really deep bruise in my large toe- so some icing and heat therapy.

Rebecca

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Well, take it easy so you don't start swelling again!

aroyer
09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Mornin!

Congrats Deb! 20 years is awesome!
Rebecca, I hope the foot continues to feel better!
Nan, I hope the family meeting goes well.
Jennifer, I hope DD has a great first day in 4th grade!

Today is the phone interview, I'm on pins and needles. I know it'll be fine, it's just getting through it, ya know?!

coffee
coffee
DD's hair
DD out the door
dressed
make bed
prepare for interview
laundry
strip DD's bed
fold laundry from yesterday
DS dressed
DS's bed
swish and swipe
shine the sink
unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
phone interview
pick up DD
DD to work on her room
DD clean guinea pig cage
work on bedroom
dinner

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
We're supposed to find out DN is having for a baby today...I'm not so patiently waiting to find out what she's got! :headache:

joyah
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Jennifer patice is a verture (or how ever you spell it) I never learned it either. And what whould M say about you calling her bunny! I'd be shot, Eric already has a hissy when I call him Bug and it's such a habbit I do it EVERYWHERE!!! He's in 3rd grade now I'm gonna get shot

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
She doesn't have a problem with me calling her Bunny. I call her all kinds of "pet" names. I think she's used to it.

I still haven't heard anything about Baby! I'm dying to know what it is!

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
So Ash, how did the interview go?

As for nicknames, my kids have them.. I referred to J as PJ now since that is what we call her here... of course no one can figure out why we call her that.. .
DS13 is his name the man...
DS8 is Bear

my kids said they were embarrassed for DsS15 yesterday.. he was running for a TD, the only one our team had (a QB run)...anyway, his mom was standing up screaming at the top of her lungs, "Go BABY, Go BABY, Go, there you go.. go BABY".. DH said it reminded everyone in the stands of an X rated movie... Anyway, DS13 was at the concession stand which is 50+ yds from the stands and could hear her all the way over there..actually had the staff in the concessions asking who was that "loud mouth".. Of course, DS13 doesn't miss a lick.. and says "oh, just ..........".. and everyone shook their head and said, "oh, figures, always making a spectical of herself!"..... LOL DS13 was telling me about it on the way to soccer and asked that I please do NOT sound like that.

aroyer
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Lol, Nan that is too funny!

The interview went well- we both figured out early on that I was NOT the person for the job. I would not have been happy to have that job. As DH said, thank goodness the answer was clear!:woohoo:

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Oh Nan, that's soooo embarrassing!

Ash, glad it was clear early on that it wasn't meant to be. Keep looking, the right one will fall into your lap!

Still waiting to hear about Baby and for my bunny to get home. Should be any minute now.

I got my Resort Swap done, cleaned up my paper mess (finally took the P3 out of the trunk) and went to the grocery store and library. All in all a productive day.

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Glad you were able to find out early Ash... :hug:

Hope M had a good day... DS13 should be home shortly...than I need to get ready for DD's XC meet..and make sure DS8 has his fb stuff ready for practice...

She always embarrasses me, but that is besides the point.. LOL I did feel sorry for DsS when DS was telling me..but she always does stuff like this.... just 4 more years.. just 4 more years (of his HS)..college she won't be over heard w/ the rest of the crowds if he should play college ball! LOL

rlovew
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I can't believe the nerve of some people- we got a call from the son of a parishoner yesterday- He wanted to know if we could drive to the Tampa Airport to pick up his mother because he was working today- DH said he would have to see- that he had a lot to do (the airport is 1.5 hours away from us and then he would have to drive her home another 1.5 hours and then back here .75 hours).

We discussed it and since this is his week off - he doesn't have classes so it is his break for the summer- just 1 week. I didn't want to have people just assume they could call us and we would drop everything to do such a thing for them- I don't mind giving them a hand but I mean think about how you are getting home before you buy a ticket. Also since it is a woman I would have to ride along with him- and I would not sit in the back on the way home- just for the right image.

He called back a couple of times and each time DH said it would depend on what he could get done- so on the 6pm call the son said- well if you won't do it I guess I will do it- I just won't have a long break before I go to work. I could not believe the nerve of him- he simply didn't want to go- we realized that once he said weork didn't start till 4pm- the flight was coming in at 1pm so plenty of time if it arrived on time.

I am still frusterated that we were asked to do this today and I know I just need to get over it but I just don't know if these people think we just have nothing to do or what.

Rebecca

DisneyIsTerrific
09-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Nancy, that story is too funny! I'm sure your DSS was so embarrassed!:lmao:

Ashley, sorry about the job, but at least you figured out it wasn't a good fit and can move on to looking for something else and not wait around for an answer on that one.

Jennifer, I hope "Bunny" had a good first day at school! My DS does not like nicknames at all and we actually don't have one for him other than I sometimes call him "Andrewno" (his name is Andrew). I don't even know where that came from.

He actually won't respond to any kind of nickname or shortening of his name.
When he was really young, one of DH's friends called him Andy and DS turned around and said "my name is not Andy, it's Andrew.":lmao: The only time he ever let us call him a nickname was when he was like 2 1/2 or 3 years old and the movie Pocahontas was out in theatres and he wanted to be Captain John Smith. He wouldn't answer to anything but Captain John Smith for about a month!:rotfl2:

DisneyIsTerrific
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow Rebecca, that guy sure was trying to take advantage of y'all. The nerve of the guy!!!!!! I'm sure his Mom is real proud of him!:rotfl:

rlovew
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Ashley- I am glad you didn't end up with a job you would have been unhappy with- the right thing will come along.

Rebecca

aroyer
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks y'all! Y'all's support is always incredible. And I agree with all of you- I'm so glad I knew that it just wasn't for me.

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
She had a great day. Came home in a great mood and already has her PJs on. I think it's because she didn't want to go for a walk or bike ride, Miss Lazy Bones. I got all the homework. Why can't they just send the previous year's forms back and ask if there are any changes? Sheesh, what a lot of paper wasted.

Rebecca, it galls me that someone would have the nerve to call and ask you to go that far out of your way because they were being lazy...I get that your DH is supposed to be "helpful" but that's pure laziness.

Need to figure out dinner. DH wants to make chicken parm.

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Good gracious Rebecca.. that is his mother.... My gosh, that is just awful.. why do they just assume you all have nothing else to do... :( I'm glad it got straightened out and son is taking care of his mother.... sometimes we all have to make sacrifices.. this was his to take!

morgansmom2000
09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
It's a girl! My DN is having a baby girl in late January/early February! :jumping1:

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats!!!

party of 3
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Congrats Jennifer! a baby girl! how sweet!
Glad to hear the Princess M had a good day. i thought about her all day.

Deb-Happy Anniversary! we had our 25th this year.

Ash-glad you knew right away! something will turn up. i'm sure of it!

Rebecca-that's something. really. that was just lazy. UGH.

Nan- she's something! :lmao:

Dit-funny that he does not like the nickname. we have one for everyone in the family. i don't think anyone is called by their right name!

Christy- i think it's cute that you still call him Bug! he probably secretly loves it!:laughing:

bubba's been up all night last night having asthma issues that i'm really hoping he sleeps tonight.

DisneyIsTerrific
09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Jennifer, congratulations on the upcoming niece!!!!!

Holly, I hope Bubba has a better night tonight and feels good tomorrow.

rlovew
09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Congrats on the new girl in trhe family!!!

Rebecca

PrincessNancy96
09-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I know.. Holls, never a dull moment w/ her around!!! I don't spend much time near her...but the stories are hilarious.. especially when my kids tell it... I'm thinkin' they must be glad I'm there mom...the shy, quiet one, that when she does get on a roll is a lot of fun!

Ask Buffy, she had some better zingers then this latest escapade.. one just happened today where DsS13 got her but good w/ a comment about her lack of concern over his back! Of course DH was in the room when it was said and said it was almost verbatim from what I said to him this weekend about the lack of concern she shows her son! (note to self, check doors, windows and make sure no one is w/in ear shots of my zingers again!)

Lisa
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I got all the homework. Why can't they just send the previous year's forms back and ask if there are any changes? Sheesh, what a lot of paper wasted.

I hear you. I had a huge packet to fill out from school and a sheet for the bus driver.

It's a girl! My DN is having a baby girl in late January/early February! :jumping1:

Let the buying of baby girl clothes begin!!!

Deb, Happy anniversary. We will be celebrateing our 20th in Feb.

Ash, sorry about the job, thank goodness you found out before you took the position.

Nancy, how did PJ do at her meet?

Holls, how is Bubba feeling tonight?

My to do list today looked something like:

Make beds
put laundry away
Get DD up, ready, and out the door for school
caffeinate
work
Get airfare for FL
Get brother's family airfare for FL
Check how MomE is feeling. The unhealthy room with moisture and mold we were assigned to at the Contemporary aggravated her asthma and OCPD.
Take DD (also goes by the nickname Roo, or insert her first name here followed by Roo Roo.) to her riding lesson
Hair cut

StitchIsOurHero
09-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Again, it's me playing catch up!!

Ash--glad you were able to tell the job wasn't for you!!! Saves a lot of stress!

Holly--I hope Bubba's feeling better!

Jennifer--Congratulations on the new niece!!! And I hear you on the forms! One of the ones we send home to our parents is a "release of information" form, where they can mark if they want to withhold their child's name or information from anyone we would give it to (college recruiters, the yearbook, etc). For some reason, this year, they have to fill it out TWICE!!! Once on a full-sized sheet, and once on a planner sized sheet. Crazy!!

Everyone in my family has a nickname, too! And we're picking up more since DS has decided to "name" everyone!!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
We're in the 2nd week of school and I haven't received hardly any paperwork to fill out. I ask DS about it everyday and he says they haven't been given anything. All I've had to sign so far are class sylabusses and the Code of Conduct sheet from that booklet. I guess his school is running behind?:confused3

PrincessNancy96
09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
PJ ran her personal best last night... could have beat 2 other girls but looked @ her watch instead.. her time was so good I think she wanted to stop and really look at the numbers to believe what she was seeing...

The last 2 races have been relays so she had a mile rest (8 mins or less) between her laps... so she was averaging a 23 minute for 3 miles...
The races the rest of the season are 3.1 miles straight cross country... she dropped 1.5 minuts off her time from her fast 3.1 mile race last Tuesday.. She ran a 26:15!!! She even placed in the top 15 runners!!!
Next weekend if state preview at the great NCAA course west of us... (they hold NCAA finals there all the time)...anyway, about 30 schools are there is not more.. so her goal is to get to 26 flat this weekend... it's supposed to be cool again so this is here weather!!!

Thanks for asking!

aroyer
09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow!!! Go, PJ, go! I'm so impressed. Tell her congrats!:cool1:

Lisa
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Run like the wind, PJ Bullseye!:thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
It's so funny..ever since you girls told me to tell her to "run like the wind bullseye"..that has been our theme! She spends more time laughing before starts because I'll look at her and say it! I think this weekend since the boys are going to this big meet, we'll make posters on Friday! LOL

I'll pass on the congrats.. she is currently at school txting me.. LOL
Now, before anyone gets all nasty.. she was between classes and the classes are right next door, so she has 5 free minutes (of course minus the 30 seconds to walk out one door and into the other door for her next class)... She is having an awesome day..can't wait to tell me all about it!!!

aroyer
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Nan, I think it's great that she chooses to text Mom! I hope and pray that DD will feel the same.

party of 3
09-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Nan- good for her! tell her i'm way proud of her!:goodvibes

Ash- i hope bubba will be calling me!

rlovew
09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Go PJ!!!! That is wonderful and I am sure she can make her goal!

Rebecca

morgansmom2000
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Good for PJ! We say "Run like the wind Bullseye" all the time!