PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti Counter Service

bgsnmky
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Does the Yak and Yeti - have counter service for the Quick service dining.

I have eaten in the restaurant before, but I haven't seen the counter service. Is it at the same restaurant?

Has anyone used the quick service dining there.

Yummy
08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
They sure do! I don't remember how it's called (Andapur someting?). They're located on the way to Expedition Everest. We loved the food there, thought it was a great value on the QSDP (I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps! And I love their mango pie. Yum!).

I definatly plan on hitting that spot again on our next trip this December :-)

bgsnmky
08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
They sure do! I don't remember how it's called (Andapur someting?). They're located on the way to Expedition Everest. We loved the food there, thought it was a great value on the QSDP (I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps! And I love their mango pie. Yum!).

I definatly plan on hitting that spot again on our next trip this December :-)

Awesome..we loved the yak and yeti restaurant food.

So this is NOT connected....we WILL find it

Faldred
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Awesome..we loved the yak and yeti restaurant food.

So this is NOT connected....we WILL find it

You can't miss it -- it's right near Kali River Rapids.

MouseMomx2
09-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Actually, the Yak & Yeti quick serve location is attached to the table service restaurant...just to the right, toward Asia. You can't miss it.

XYSRUS
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Ate there twice on our last trip. It has surpassed Flame Tree BBQ for my family!

busymomma123
09-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Do they serve the same food as the table service?

aggielawyer
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Ate there twice on our last trip. It has surpassed Flame Tree BBQ for my family!

When my whole family was at WDW last year, we split up. The group that went to Y&Y had finished eating and walked over to Flame Tree before the Flame Tree group had even ordered. That alone made me prefer Y&Y, but the food was great and there was a lot of it.

onelilspark
09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Here's their menu:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Disney%20Trip%20February%2009/DisneyTrip09_109.jpg

And I have a review in both my August Dining Review and my February Dining Review

tricia
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the pic. And look at all the snack credit eligible items too. Yummy.

marcyinPA
09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps!
:-)

My DH had the shrimp lo mein too, and it was LOADED with shrimp! The portion was so huge that we could have shared it. He ended up throwing some out, which is highly unusual for him, because he's a big eater!

My DS 14 had the honey chicken which was good, and I had the mandarin chicken salad, which was also good. It was like 100* that day, and I couldn't stand the thought of eating something hot! My DS 10 had a cheeseburger I think....I can't remember. Whatever it was, it was off the kids menu!

We all had frozen lemonades, except for DS10. He chose the jello, which was disgusting. Thank goodness for snack credits and ice cream later! (FYI, we asked if we could pick up our frozen lemonades after we ate lunch, so they wouldn't melt. The answer was no. They did melt a little, but they were frozen pretty solid to begin with)

texaslady22
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Do the entrees come with an egg roll?

aggielawyer
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Do the entrees come with an egg roll?

I don't believe it's included in the counter service meal, but you can get it on the side OOP or by using a snack credit.

faindrops27
09-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Now, someone tell me the secret of finding some shade to eat, my food. I don't wish to be roasted. While enjoying my Y&Y meal.
Also, what time does it open?? TIA

onelilspark
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
There are some tables with umbrellas. You just have to get lucky :)

segpm08060
09-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Y&Y is not listed on the 2010 Quick Dining Service Plan.
Also, FYI Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown Disney was taken off for 2010 :sad2:

MouseMomx2
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Y&Y is not listed on the 2010 Quick Dining Service Plan.
Also, FYI Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown Disney was taken off for 2010 :sad2:

The non-Disney owned restaurants each negotiate separately and, often, the contracts aren't finalized until later in the year. You can expect both Yak & Yeti and Wolfgang Puck to be part of the 2010 plan once their contracts are negotiated/finalized. Of course there is always the chance that the renegotiation does not happen and a restaurant drops off the DDP, but the fact that they aren't listed for 2010 right now doesn't mean they won't be. The updated list will be out closer to the end of 2009.

bluejasmine
09-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Yea every yr there are several restaurants I hold my breath over and then towards the end of the yr they are added and I breath a sigh of relief but..you never know..Here is too hoping! I coudnt imagine WGPE not being on DDP, I think alot of their patrons are on the plan tho..Wouldnt seem prudent to dump IMHO!

segpm08060
09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
The non-Disney owned restaurants each negotiate separately and, often, the contracts aren't finalized until later in the year. You can expect both Yak & Yeti and Wolfgang Puck to be part of the 2010 plan once their contracts are negotiated/finalized. Of course there is always the chance that the renegotiation does not happen and a restaurant drops off the DDP, but the fact that they aren't listed for 2010 right now doesn't mean they won't be. The updated list will be out closer to the end of 2009.

Wow! That is good news. Thanks for the info

Beauty & the Best
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Does the Yak and Yeti - have counter service for the Quick service dining.

I have eaten in the restaurant before, but I haven't seen the counter service. Is it at the same restaurant?

Has anyone used the quick service dining there.

I'm in the minority here -- this was one of the WORST CS restaurants we've ever been to. I didn't expect anything better than my local chinese take out food, but the sweet & sour was yucky and the lomein wasn't good either.

Maybe we visited it on an off day so go ahead and try it for yourself, but this is one CS that we won't hurry back to!! :sick:

Beauty & the Best
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Double post!! Sorry

faindrops27
09-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know when it opens??

kaybird
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
It has always been open around 11 am. We find the portions generous, the Lo-mein and honey chicken are favorites with our group, and particularly like the mango tart.

A table side note, we usually take our food and troop back across the bridge. Lots of tables near the water around flame tree. also several tables around the water in Asia.

bluejasmine
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Where exactly is it? Is it far from FT? Im thinking I want Y &Y and the rest of my party will want FT..

Luv2Roam
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
DH and I ate the CS once there. Wasn't disgusting. But nothing worth mentioning and not really even up to moderate standards. May have been an off time. But probably wouldn't go for it again unless I was just really hungry and nothing else available.

Lynne G
09-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I think the CS at Y&Y opened at 11 am when we were there on 8/26. We used the QS adult credit to get the honey chicken, a large drink, and the tart for dessert. We also used a snack credit to get the chicken fried rice. My DS 11 and I thought the honey chicken was ok. We like our home chinese better. My DD 7 (turning 8 yo 2 days later), who loves chinese food, hated the honey chicken and only ate the fried rice. We all liked the fried rice. It wasn't greasy and was large, I'd say almost a pint. The rice that came at the bottom of the honey chicken was just plain white rice, but we all thought it was kinda yicky as the honey sauce was sickening sweet to us. I'd doubt we'd go there again, and would never pay OOP except for the rice, which was $3.99. The honey chicken was $9.99, and I would not order that again.

We were full from our breakfast at TH, which gave us a fast pass for the 10:30 Nemo show.

Evan&Kimberly
09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I think the CS at Y&Y opened at 11 am when we were there on 8/26. We used the QS adult credit to get the honey chicken, a large drink, and the tart for dessert. We also used a snack credit to get the chicken fried rice. My DS 11 and I thought the honey chicken was ok. We like our home chinese better. My DD 7 (turning 8 yo 2 days later), who loves chinese food, hated the honey chicken and only ate the fried rice. We all liked the fried rice. It wasn't greasy and was large, I'd say almost a pint. The rice that came at the bottom of the honey chicken was just plain white rice, but we all thought it was kinda yicky as the honey sauce was sickening sweet to us. I'd doubt we'd go there again, and would never pay OOP except for the rice, which was $3.99. The honey chicken was $9.99, and I would not order that again.

We were full from our breakfast at TH, which gave us a fast pass for the 10:30 Nemo show.

I have 2 ressies for breakfast at TH how did you get the fast past for the Nemo show, I was thinking that it was if you ate at TH during lunch time,could you please explain!:goodvibes