PDA

View Full Version : wedding dress

lawsonsontour
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
hi guys
we are getting married in orlando next year and we are unsure what would be best to take the wedding clothes in. do you think a hard case or a soft one.i know that this may seem like a daft question but virgin say a hard case is best but other operators think the cloth style of case is better as it has less chance of breaking.

if any one has got married over there your advice would be great

paul and joe

natalielongstaff
09-01-2009, 04:12 AM
We always opt for hard cases, i would think that would be the most sturdy option

Chilly
09-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Are you taking your dress as your carry on item? Or are you putting it in the hold?

syko
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I bought my dress a seat on the plane, no way would I put it in the hold.
Virgin did not complain about the extra money either!!!!!!!

Kirsteen
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought my dress a seat on the plane, no way would I put it in the hold.

I love it!!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

jockey
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
We took the gents suits in hard cases. My dress designer packed my dress in a box for me to take on as hand luggage, I did not want it out of my sight! If your getting married at Disney they offer a dress steaming service... well they did back in 2000!

Best wishes for your big day :)

arielrocks
09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I took my dress and carried it on as hand lugggage.

DH suit and best mans suit were packed in a soft case - they arrived fine eventually - after BA lost the case for a few hours!!!!!:scared1:

karentan
09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
i took my wedding dress in one of the hard sided cases and checked it as normal luggage. it didnt get too smushed, and i just let it hang in the bathroom for a few hours, didnt need steaming at all.

orangetiggs
09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I took my dress in a cabin sized bag, the dress shop folded the dress into the suitcase for me with no problems and it was fine once we got it out in orlando

My parents then bought it back as hand luggage when we went on for our honeymoon.

The mens suits we put them in a hard suitcase as they are they cases we had and they went in the hold

The best men then put all the suits in a holdall in the hold for the return journey

We had no problems with any of this and we flew with virgin

Lisa x
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Im travelling in 4 weeks with my wedding dress, im taking it in a dress bag and hanging it up on the plane....Iv checked this out with Virgin who have said no problem at all.

My fiance is taking his suit in a suitbag and getting it hung up!

Bridesmaid dresses will be packed in a hard case with tons of tissue paper between each one!

babystar
09-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I took my dress and the bridesmaids dresses as hand luggage with virgin - they pretty much took up the whole of the wardrobe :rotfl:. I packed all the mens suits in soft cases and they were fine also.

I did hang my dress in the bathroom for about 6 days after the flight to let the steam work on a couple of creases.

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I took mine in a hardcase and put it in the hold. At check in I asked them to put "fragile" labels all over it, which they did. Not sure if that helped at all, but it arrived fine! I put my tiara in a tupparware container - was the strongest thing I could think of!!!!

gemmybear83
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I will be putting mine in a soft hand luggage case and taking it on with me - I would be too nervous to put it in the hold!

dtm316
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
first off congratulations on the upcoming wedding. We flew with globespan for the wedding trip and took the wedding dress in the cabin in a soft hold all bag, the bridesmaids dresses were packed in hard suitcases and the men's suits were rented over there. The suit hire place also did a dress steaming service