PDA

View Full Version : Can I *DOWNGRADE* from ddp to qsdp

DaughteroftheKing
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
So. We had reservations for regular dining while staying at a value.
Then free dining came out.
So I called and got the free qsdp but paid the difference to upgrade to "regular" dining.

Now I am reconsidering. Thinking I'd rather just pay OOP for the few TS we really want to do, and be money ahead with the QSDP including more snacks, refillable beverages, less tipping, and especially the flexibility of it is appealing to me (no ADRs to rush off to).

Does anyone know if they will let me call now and "downgrade"? I had already paid off the balance of the trip, so I'd need a refund of about $150 for the upgrade. Will they do that? :confused3

TIA

Belle1997
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
I was told it is a 50 dollar change fee. I booked up too and now really considering changing it even if I loose 50.00. I orginally had plan to use it because of the Candlelight processional. But since it is 2 table tickets not really interested. So I think I will be calling to downgrade too.

DaughteroftheKing
08-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh poo! I don't want to pay a $50 service charge, that would cut into my "savings" from doing QS and dang it now there is a wrench in my plans. LOL! Okay, well, off to call DH to see if he cares if we get rid of some TS. Who knows, the man may have been VERY attached to Liberty Tree Tavern. haha

clanmcculloch
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
According to your signature, your trip is still 46 days away (1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days showing in your trip ticket is where I get that). If you make the change before the 45 day mark, there should be no change fee. You should be able to drop back down to the QSDP for no cost as long as you do it today.

Belle1997
08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok I called and they did not mention any change fee. And said I would get a credit for 120.00 which is 6 nights upgrade for 2. So I would call :)

DaughteroftheKing
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone. Well the first CM I called said it would be a $50 charge, so I called my dh to talk about it and then called back. My new CM warned of the $50 charge, but the system did not charge me for it (prob since we are 46 days out like you all said), and I'm getting a $132 refund (DDP upgrade for 2 adults and 1 child was $132).

Thanks, I'm so happy to have made the switch! We're still doing Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, and Ohana's TS and will just pay OOP. I am so excited!!