PDA

View Full Version : Third Trip of a Lifetime!...2 TR and a PTR for the price of one!

BreezysMom
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I decided to do a PTR for our upcoming trip and incorporate our two previous trips. So essentially two TR and a PTR all rolled into one. Probably, not an original idea or the first time it has been done, but alas my first attempt at both. So bear with me as I make my way through our first, second and now our third “trip of a lifetime”!

First about us and some background:

We are a small little family of three. We were very blessed to have our princess. I like to call her Breezy and she is 8 years old. DH and I have been married 12 years and live in the suburbs of Chicago. We have a dog, Poly who is almost 2 years old. Yes, she was named after our favorite resort the Polynesian…but that part of the story will be told later.

So I am the planner :surfweb:...DH is the closet Disney lover pirate: who would rather not discuss planning or get excited until we are leaving for the airport :rolleyes1 and then DD princess: is thankfully as nuts about Disney as me, otherwise I would have no one to plan with or talk to about Disney.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/077_77.jpg
Here is us at the Poly in Oct 2007

DH and I did a lot of traveling before having DD, but neither of us had visited Disney EVER! I had been to Disneyland when I was 6, but frankly I don’t remember and we have one lone picture somewhere. I had lurked the Disney website and priced out trips that I knew we would never go on, but that was about it. Once DD was born we talked about going but decided to wait until she was older.

Finally :cool1: we decided it was time, Breezy was growing up so quickly, we needed to go to Disney World. I called a travel agent, she booked CBR for 6 nights with the tickets and dining plan and then we waited for our departure day to come. I was clueless to Disney. My TA did not ask me about dining or anything….thankfully for the discovery of the DIS I started to get educated on all things Disney and took control of the planning of our Once in a Lifetime trip!

So lets fast forward...after two fabulous trips, we decided we have to go back sooner than later, but I was having health issues and needed surgery. We were told that traveling might not be possible for a while so we started to plan a trip in March of 2010. Yea:woohoo: we are going back to Disney!

Then, after my surgery I progressed a lot faster and the outlooked changed so we got the greenlight for a earlier trip. Hello Poly, here we come. We LOVED :love: our first trip in October, the weather, the crowds and MNSSHP, so we decided to go back but this time for Halloween.

Heading to the World 10/28 to 11/4 staying at our beloved Poly, but this time we are staying Club Level. I am so excited to stay in the Hawaii longhouse. We are staying garden view. While I would love to gaze at the castle all night, I just would rather spend the difference in price elsewhere during our trip. We have minimal ADRs which will make DH happy, but we are planning some fun things!!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4952.jpg
DD in 2007 before MNSSHP

So coming up will be how our first trip we changed resorts from CBR to the Poly...got a crash course in ADRs and our first ever trip to Disney welcome that involved vomit :scared1: Yes, I said it... barf, puke, vomit :sick:

reyasmommy
08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I love that dress on your DD, it's adorable!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip.... the POLY will always hold a special place in my heart too. That's where my husband and I got married back in 2001. :love:

BreezysMom
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I love that dress on your DD, it's adorable!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip.... the POLY will always hold a special place in my heart too. That's where my husband and I got married back in 2001. :love:

Thank you. She has grown up so much since that trip two years ago! She has front teeth now! :lmao: Sadly she does not want to bring her Princess dresses this trip :sad1:

ammeador2
08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
How exciting! I want to stay at Poly! Your daughter is very pretty. :) I am looking forward to reading more...

BreezysMom
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
So...what can I try to get in tonight before I pass out cold! DD and I made our countdown calender for our trip. We can start it on Saturday. We of course raided Home Depot. It was fun making the calender together.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/Disney2009001.jpg

We are going to the Miley Cyrus concert the evening before we leave! Not my most brillant plan, but the plan nonetheless. I think it will be a great way to kick off the vacation. I just hope my job is somewhat cooperative and I can flex around my shifts a bit so I can spend the day getting us packed and ready to go since I will be spending the evening with 40,000 screaming tweens! No worries...it all get's done eventually.

BreezysMom
08-30-2009, 10:05 PM
How exciting! I want to stay at Poly! Your daughter is very pretty. :) I am looking forward to reading more...

Why thank you...my neighbor to the south! I have been lurking your PTR, or as I like to refer to it as "stalking" :lmao:

BreezysMom
08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Ok, our first trip. We originally had CBR booked. My TA was in charge. Basically being of no help. I slowly figured out I needed plans for our meals. I needed to figure out how to get the best bang for our buck using the dining plan. Out first trip we payed rack rate, paid for the dining plan...we were the only suckers there I think that were not there for "free dining". Oh well, life is about living and learning Correct :confused3

Anyways...DH just assumes all resorts are on the monorail. I say , "ummm, no honey, just three are on the Monorail" His flip response "that is where we need to stay then honey" He wanted to know the choices. Well, I happily stumbled into this quandary ;) I pushed for the GF, he had no desire. I was not a fan of the CR. We both thought the Poly looked beyond magical.

Switch our reservations to the place he declares. Hum :rolleyes: should I do the happy dance yet? I wait and call my TA, she tells me the price difference and I say go ahead and move our reservation. DH never spoke of money...he did not want to be bothered by the small details! :rolleyes1

Well, now before I sound too snotty...I have to backtrack a bit. In the months before our trip we endured watching my dear Grandmother pass away from Pancreatic Cancer. It was a long, sad, summer and it was very hard on me and DD especially. We went through our mourning period and life started to get somewhat back to normal. School was starting...first grade nonethess. Routines were forming and our hearts were healing bit by bit...then our first baby, our 11 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Bailey had to be put down due to severe congestive heart failure. We were beyond devastated. Almost to the point that we were not so excited about Disney anymore! :scared1: Bailey died 10 days before we were leaving. It was so tough to have two such huge losses in our lives so soon after each other.

Well when Grandma was in her last stages, Breezy and I spent a lot of time with her. We would tell her about our trip coming up and all the plans. She was excited for us and hung on all our words. After she passed she had my Aunt give us a check. The money was to be used for our trip to Disney and only our trip. So since technically our trip was paid off and we had spening money set aside, we made our jump from CBR to the Poly. I still think of Grandma when I think of the Poly. Because of her...we found our paradise :love:

So here we were, getting ready for our trip and we were all in a funk...:guilty: crabby, so, so sad and with broken hearts. But deep down I knew Disney would help turn that all around! I had successfully figured out the ADR system and had some fabulous ADRs and experiences planned for our little Princess.

So we have 6, yes SIX suitcases filled to the brim, the limo came and off to Disney we headed. It was a Saturday and our first attempt at flying since 9/11. DD had never flown. But we made it through the TSA just fine and off we flew to Orlando. We roll onto Magical Express and get our first view of Disney World, The Magic Kingdom....the happiest place on earth!! pixiedust:

On ME dd was less than interested. She seemed bored, tired....not interested. I was annoyed to say the least at her blase attidue! If this kiddo was going to be a little stinker, I was going to flip out! ME dropped us at the front of the Poly, we walked in and were in awe of our surroundings. We were the next in line to check in and then it came :sad2::sad2: BARF!!! That's correct...DD just vomited on my crocs, while standing in line to check in at the Poly! :scared1:

So, me being a part time soap star I just start to cry :sad::sad:. The poor CM. I felt for that guy. I basically just wanted my room key, forget the leis and the alohas, I needed to quarantine my child and get these disgusting shoes off!! I could care less where they put us. We ended up in Figi. Third floor looking at the Beautiful GF!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/6-1.jpg

So now I know why she was such a stinker on the bus :idea: But the big question...was in something she ate? The first flight ever or the dreaded STOMACH FLU!:sick:

It was the stomach flu...she puked all night. Our first evening ever at Disney and I am getting puked on, stressing about DH and I getting the bug and good Lord, the castle is right across that lake...I want to go see it! It was a long night...and this was my poor angel the next morning....
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/009_9.jpg

She got a package from the Disney florist with Mouse ear hat and all types of fun stuff. So that helped with the Disney Welcome. We decided to chill in the room to keep our germs to us. Later in the afternoon I requested that mousekeeping come in a change all our linens and clean really good for us. The floor even needed some shampooing:sad2: They did a great job. We wandered around the beautiful property while they cleaned and then went and got DD some gift shop gifts to make her feel better. 16 months of planning and I have spent the first 18 hours in my room! It could only get better from here......AND IT DID!!!

Stay tuned...I will try to summarize the rest of our first trip and let you know how trip number two came to fruition. But alas, I must go to bed now.

Thanks for letting me share my memories and plans so far!

BreezysMom
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
More PTR....

Today, Monday is my day off from work...when I usually get my housework done. But admittedly I spend most of my day lurking the DIS :surfweb:

Here we are less than two months away from our next trip. All balances are paid, ADRs are made and of course it is too early to pack :rolleyes1 But I do have a box in the closet that I place stuff I want to remember to pack. So what to do with my free time??? Hang out here of course!

We are staying Club Level for this next trip. Our past two trips we have stayed GV and have been more than pleased with our room location and view. We used the DDP both trips. When we went last December, DH grumbled a lot about our ADRs. He really disliked the fact that our meals dicated our schedule. I agree, but being knowledgable about how Disney dining works, I know it is the price you pay to get the meals you want.

For our October trip we have three ADRs scheduled.

CRT breakfast for the morning after we arrive. This is a DH request, yes DH, the one who refuses to discuss plans prior to the trip:rolleyes: We have done lunch and dinner during our last trips, this time we decided to do breakfast. Also DD can see the princesses. DH feels a trip to Disney has to include a meal in the castle. Who am I to argue :)

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show- I know, this does not get the greatest reviews but after two stays at the Poly we decided it was time to try it out. DD is older now and really seems excited to experience it.

GF Cafe- This is a place we have yet to try. I am looking forward to having dinner here. We like to stroll over to the GF during our trips. It is such a beautiful walk from the Poly. We like to take in the ambiance of the GF lobby and then have a good meal. I am looking forward to this meal the most!

So that is it for table service. I am sure we will dine at other table service places but they will be last minute. We will use the concierge lounge and counter service. I am hoping this plan will be the cherry on the top for DH!

Of course we are planning on heading to MNSSHP on 10/29. We had such a blast on our first trip we cannot wait to go again!! This year DD and DH have an appointment at the Pirate League before the party. I know, a pirate is not such an original costume, but they are BOTH really excited. If you knew DH, you would not believe that he would do something like a Pirate makeover, but it does not surprise me at all...the kid comes out in all of us at Disney pirate:

As far as actual Halloween day, we are going to play that day/night by ear. I have read that the resorts do a lot of fun things and they had a campfire and movie at the GF last year which sounds like fun! Plus, we will have all that candy from the Halloween party! DD is going to be Hannah Montana on Halloween. Again, not an original costume, but is what she wants. She looks adorable in her HM costume. We still need to get a pirate costume for her but have one in mind!

Last week we bought a brand new video camera. We did not bring one our first trip which I regret a little. We did bring it for our December trip and have actually watched the video numerous times. Now we have more memory and a bigger battery so my husband is going to be the next Steven Spielberg and capture every moment on his new toy :lmao:

I have joined TGM to help with our park days...we like to get up and to the parks early and then siesta at the resort in the afternoons either taking a dip at the pool or a nap. So far his information seems helpful.

We also will be doing the Wildlife Excusrion at DAK for CL guests and a Pirate and Pals firework cruise! All of these wonderful extras for less than the cost of upgrading to LV! This is what I keep telling myself everytime I consider upgrading from GV to LV! ;)

And finally, I ordered a Mickey Pumpkin filled with treats and a plush Minnie for DD to have placed in the room upon arrival! I added a autograph book and a balloon to the package as well. I can't wait to see her face when she comes into the room! She has already received a postcard from Mickey and Minnie saying how excited they are to have her come back to Disney! :rolleyes1 The pumpkin will be from Mickey and Minnie too wishing her a Happy Halloween and welcome back!! Ahhh, I just love planning a Disney vacation!

Next up...back to our Oct 2007 TR. I will move past the 24 hour hour stomach flu and move onto our first ever real life view of the castle from Main Street!:lovestruc Yes...I cried!

reyasmommy
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Thank you. She has grown up so much since that trip two years ago! She has front teeth now! :lmao: Sadly she does not want to bring her Princess dresses this trip :sad1:

My DD is just now getting into the whole Princess thing, so I'm going to take full advantage of it while I can! :rolleyes1 My two nieces that are going with us on our trip have recently decided that they are too old for such silliness and are more interested in vampires these days. :lmao: It just amazes me that only a year ago they too were dressing up as Cinderella and Snow White.

I love your Disney Calendar.... I'm looking foward to making my first one.. Not going to attempt it for a few more months though. I figure once the baby arrives I'll start working on the calendar for my DD... Right now she's under the impression that once her baby brother makes his appearance we're jumping on the 1st flight to Orlando.:rolleyes1

BreezysMom
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
So here we are back in 2007...

We arrived on Saturday night and spent most of the day Sunday in our room. It was during this quarantine period that I think we fell in love with the Poly. While Mousekeeping cleaned our room we walked the grounds and explored every inch of the Poly. Sadly we had to cancel an appointment at BBB and CP, but thankfully ended up doing both during our stay afterall.

Monday morning we woke up and DD was feeling great. No vomiting for 24+ hours so it was time to FINALLY head to MK! We took the boat over and entered the MK for the first time.

Of course we walked up upon Main Street and there it was...the castle in all its splendor.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/089_89.jpg

I, of course teared up a little and then I heard "MOM, you are not crying are you?" Yes, my little princess giving me a hard time :laughing: It was a special moment for me. After all of our heartbreak, we were at a place that made it all seem better.

Our first ride was of course Dumbo!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/048_48.jpg

Our first day was rounded out by a wonderful dinner at the Crystal Palace
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/090_90.jpg

BreezysMom
08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
My DD is just now getting into the whole Princess thing, so I'm going to take full advantage of it while I can! :rolleyes1 My two nieces that are going with us on our trip have recently decided that they are too old for such silliness and are more interested in vampires these days. :lmao: It just amazes me that only a year ago they too were dressing up as Cinderella and Snow White.

I love your Disney Calendar.... I'm looking foward to making my first one.. Not going to attempt it for a few more months though. I figure once the baby arrives I'll start working on the calendar for my DD... Right now she's under the impression that once her baby brother makes his appearance we're jumping on the 1st flight to Orlando.:rolleyes1

Thankfully I had two trips with the whole princess experience. We had a suitcase full of gowns. This was thankfully before baggage fees! It was so fun, I absolutely lived vicariously throught my little girl! :cloud9:

I imagine how hard it is for the kiddos to be anxious for these trips, look how bad us Mommies are?? :lmao:

BreezysMom
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Here are some random pics from around the Poly
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/034_34.jpgThe Tiki Dude (as my family called it) outside the Figi Longhouse

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/084_842.jpg Walking along the beach back from the GF to the Poly. Just beautiful!!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4959-1.jpg Hula Lessons in the lobby of the Poly. DD loves this! :lovestruc

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/038_38.jpg From the boat dock

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4917.jpg The marina, taken in the early morning during my walks...one of my favorite pics. I think it had to do with my serenity during those walks. It was just so beautiful :goodvibes

tarak
09-01-2009, 08:31 AM
I love your pictures! I absolutely teared up at the story about how your Grandmother helped pay for your trip and why the Poly is so special.
Your daughter is beautiful, too.
I'm eager to hear about your CL experience. We're staying CL for the first time when we go next year. I think I agree with your DH about the ADRs holding you hostage. I made a few for the trip I'm taking later this month with my mom, but having to plan when I'm going to eat a meal that far ahead of time is sort of anti-magic for me.

Tinkerbellie16
09-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi there Poly friend!! I know you from the Poly thread and saw your link :) You have a beautiful family and I love all the pics you are posting!! I could totally see myself crying if my child vomitted on my shoes at check in (lucky they were washable crocs though!!). But you know what, you are so right, it could ONLY get better and actually that's kind of good it was at the beginning of your trip. I'm glad she was better in 24 hours though and so sweet of Disney to send the gifts and clean everything.

Your DH sounds a bit like mine - no excitement at ALL until they are there. If it weren't for my kids and you DISers, I'd have no one to talk to before and after trips!!!

Ok, waiting for the next installment popcorn::

TiggerCL
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Another Poly fan here! I also saw your post on the Poly thread and am really enjoying reading about your past trips. We'll be in there in October, too. Can't wait! :cheer2:

mom4463
09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I also saw your post on the Poly thread.
Our first trip to the Poly will be in April/2010.:banana:
I really like your calendar and I can't wait to show it my dd's because they want to make a countdown calendar. What your grandmother did for you was so thoughtful and wonderful. I can't wait to hear more!!:)

BreezysMom
09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Oct 2007 Continued :)

Our first trip that October was filled with character meals! In my limited research, I felt it was the best use of the DDP. It really proved to be a great thing because DD was in awe of being able to meet so many characters. I am sure we can all agree that some meals are better/worse than others, but the character interaction is wonderful!:goodvibes

The next day we went back to the Magic Kingdom again. Remember, we went with no plan and little knowledge. I will admit now...we only went to MK and Epcot that first trip. We spent a lot of time at the Poly relaxing, swimming and enjoying the resort. It was what we needed at the time after our sad summer.

That night we had dinner at Chef Mickey's. It was so much fun! I was having just as much fun as Breezy!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/015_15.jpg

The next morning we headed to Epcot for breakfast at Akerhaus with the Princesses. It was raining like crazy. We had no idea where we were going once we got into the park and the walk from the monorail seemed endless! We, being total rookies stopped to buy ponchos and an umbrella which proved to become very useful again for this trip and then again our next trip. A helpful tip...don't put lotion on your feet and then wear Mary Jane Crocs in the rain. It is very uncomfortable and your feet slip all around :lmao:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/041_41.jpgTaking the monorail to Epcot. We got to ride up front:thumbsup2

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/046_46-2.jpg

Typical Florida, the sun came out and it ended up being a beautiful day. We rode Sorin, Nemo and did some various other attractions but did not really explore the countries :confused3 Rookie mistake again!

DD wore her dresses for meals and so forth and then Mom, the pack mule carried them around in my back pack. It was hot and humid, I certainly would not want those gowns on in that heat!

That evening we walked to the Grand Floridian and explored the resort. We enjoyed the lobby and the beautiful Florida sunset as we strolled back to the Poly. We retired early that evening because the next day we had to head back to the MK to try and snag a walk up appointment at BBB since we had to cancel our initial one!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/086_86.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/088_88.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/084_84.jpg

Stay tuned!!!

Tinkerbellie16
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I've been to WDW many, many times and never went to a character meal. Then I decided to get the dining plan this last April and we all chose restaurants. The character meals were a great idea, especially for the kids. Ok, at Akershus, the princesses are spot on and I had a grin on my face that stretched from ear to ear and I think my husband was in awe and the kids were so excited (even my son had to admit he thought they were pretty.) Chef Mickey's - fab five yeah!!! (did not like the food but the kids didn't care and they were loving the characters)

So I agree with you, the character dining is a great way to spend on the dining plan. Looking forward to another installment...

BreezysMom
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Well here we are, 8 weeks away from our trip and there is really nothing to do for it! This is the part where I get restless. It is way to early to pack and frankly DH would commit me if I brought the suitcases down from the attic.

Although in reality life is busy with work, school, activites and keeping myself upright most days :thumbsup2 We are having a yard sale in a couple of weeks. DD has so many toys she has "grown" out of and other things. We told her it can be her fun money for Disney. Getting ready for that is taking up some time as well.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback :goodvibes

Since it is late and I have zero motivation I thought I would post some more Poly Pics to gaze at....

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/037_37.jpg From boat dock looking at Tuvalu

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/011_11.jpg
Figi longhouse

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/016_16-1.jpg
Can't get enough of the Lobby pics :goodvibes

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/015_15-1.jpg
The Marina

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/disneyworld2008191.jpg This was mid day! It was wonderful!

Good night all! I hope to post our next day tomorrow night!

Stefy
09-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Hello, just popping on over from the Poly Thread :)

Am loving reading your PTR/TR Recap, v inspiring :) The pictures are fantastic and your family is beautiful. DD looks like she was having the time of her life on your first trip.

I am glad that you are on the mend and finally got to go to WDW as you had planned. I know the circumstances of your stay at Poly were sad but it was a beautiful gift that your grandmother gave you and I smiled when you said that the resort will always remind you of her :goodvibes (I hope that was worded ok)

Thank goodness DD overcame her stomach flu/bug the day after arrival, theres nothing worse than being ill at Disney, believe me I know.

I think that me and DF might have been at WDW the same time as you for our first trip and we stayed in CBR. Then we went again a year later in Dec and stayed at CSR. Now we have booked our third trip (2010) and are finally staying in Poly. I am so excited that I can't stop singing to DF "We're staying at Poly, we're staying at Poly", but he is still in excited mode too that he hasn't got tired of me bouncing around singing it :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Tinkerbellie16
09-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I think you can start packing :)

I also love to prepare for the trip - it's half the fun for me (and the kids!) We get out our park maps (old ones, the ones you order online, whatever we can get our hands on) and map out where we want to go and what we want to do. I never make a hard plan for the parks, but I always find out something new from the kids and then I make sure we do that.

We also make a construction paper "chain" with each link being one day before we leave. We have a lot of fun making it together and then tearing it apart in the days before we leave (we usually tear 2 links every 2 days so each of the kids can tear a link at the same time). I LOVE it when the chain is just a couple of links!

And do you have that Disney box/bag that you keep all year round??? We keep our old rain ponchos, light up items, pins, extras, whatever and we are always checking it out and then writing down what else we need to get (we need more light up sticks! we need koolaid/crystal light drink mixes! - oh, food is ANOTHER box/bag!) I swear, every Friday or Saturday night, the kids and I pop in a Disney movie and pull out our Disney stuff. I can't believe my DH doesn't have me committed but I am SOOO happy when I think about Disney. :banana:

BreezysMom
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I hate it when work gets in the way of hanging out on the DIS. I hope to post more of our Oct 2007 trip tonight because I really want to get to the December 2008 trip :banana:

Today I did my errands and ended up buying some toiletries and stuff for the trip. I also got those Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets at Target. They are on sale if anyone is interested. I did not bring laundry soap last trip and was shocked and appalled at the price of laundry soap :eek:. I saw these today and figured they would be very suitcase friendly. One thing that I was not able to find was the travel pack of Clorox wipes for my germphobia. I actually may just pack one of the big round containers as I wipe down everything in the room!

I did go clothes shopping but was not impressed by anything. Maybe a few t-shirts I may go back and get. The one thing I learned from our December trip is the art of clothes layering for unpredictable Florida weather, although it is no different here in Chicago these days. :rolleyes: It is freezing in the morning and evening but warm during the day.

Thanks for all the responses and sharing my trip with me :hug:

Stefy
09-05-2009, 07:23 AM
^^^ tell me about it, I wish I could Dis when I am at work, esp when there is nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs or try and find work to do.

Can't wait to read more :)

BreezysMom
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
So the next day we headed back to the MK to try and snag a walk in BBB appointment! We were told to go in right after they open and see about any open slots and sure enough they had one for later that morning so we went off and rode a few attractions, caught the Dream along with Mickey show and then headed to BBB for our appointment. Breezy was so disappointed when we had to cancel our initial appointment due to her illness so we were really excited to be able to get her transformation, especially since we were having dinner at 1900 Park Faire that evening.:goodvibes

The Fairy Godmothers in training were so wonderful. They engage your child and make the experience all that much more special. Here are some pics from our visit....

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4879-1.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4880.jpg

So we had some time before dinner so we continued touring in the park and even went for a swim! Yep, that is right :eek: I let her swim with her new wonderful hairdo, but with the amount of gel they used, I figured it would stay that way for a month! :lmao:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4895.jpg

We let Breezy get her hairwrapped at the Poly prior to our BBB appointment so that is why she has the wonderful "tail" with her BBB do! After swimming we went back to the room to get in ready for dinner at 1900 Park Faire. When she put on that gown it was like she transformed into a real princess. It was so cute and funny. We loved how she kept looking at herself in the mirror.

Up next....dinner at 1900 Park Faire at the GF!

BreezysMom
09-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Dinner at 1900 PF....what a grand experience. At first our TA could not get us an appointment because they were closed for refurb but opened right before we arrived which was such a bonus. Breezy loves Cinderella and I had heard good things about the dinner. The step-sisters are a blast! I really think they are the reason to go to this meal. I love the way they scream at each other from across the room and then asked DD if she wanted to be their new maid :rotfl: They even somewhat insulted her dress :eek:

Our server was a not so great and forgot about us for a while but I don't let that stuff bother me. I have to say that this evening the meal the wonderful. The food was delicious and the desserts were devine. Sadly a year later when we went in December, it was not half as good. I am not quite sure why such a contrast, but the experience is great nonetheless, especially if you can't snag a sneak of Cindy at the castle for a meal! :thumbsup2 DD just loved the GF!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4899-1.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4906.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4905.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007%20trip/IMG_4903-1.jpg

After dinner we rolled ourselves back to the Poly via the walkway between the resorts which is an experience in itself! We were half way through our trip and were having a fabulous time. So far we had been to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot that one day. We spent a lot of time at the pool and in all honesty had no interest to try any of the other parks as we were having such a nice time going to the MK and hanging out at the Poly. Other than our ADRs we had no plan and it was working for us. Afterall, it was our vacation and we were having a wonderful time!:goodvibes The greatest thing was that I was experiencing Disney for the first time with my little girl and it was truly special :love:

The next morning we were having breakfast in the Castle and then our unexpected last minute plans turned out to be the best part of our trip!! Stay tuned for that part of the story!!!! popcorn::

Tinkerbellie16
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I love the pictures of the stepsisters! I would love to do this character meal even if my daughter didn't (but she'd love it too :). I honestly had no idea how cool a character meal could be until we tried Akershus and wow! I may have been more excited than the kids! Thanks for the pics!

Stefy
09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Great update :) Breezy sure makes a pretty princess in blue :)

1900 PF pics are really nice, love the prince one :)

Looking forward to reading about CRT :)

BreezysMom
09-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Yesterday we cleaned out our attic, basements, closets and playroom! :crazy2: We are having a yard sale next weekend. In reality, I just need to get rid of the surplus in our house but we are deeming the profits as Breezy's Disney Fun Money. She does have a lot of her toys that she is no longer interested in for sale and I have some of her clothing but usually pass most outgrown clothing down to her cousin, my neice.

Yes, the money we do earn will go to Disney, but it is not my intention to refill my house either with Disney souviners (maybe just a few;)). We usually do a sale about every three years. One year we made $700, the last time we made about $130! So who knows what will happen this year. What we do not sell will get donated. So bottom line, it will be the family Disney fun money ;)

Now I feel like my house is dirty! Pulling all those dusty boxes down and moving things from this place to that place...Oh well, the dirt will have to stay for now. It is Labor Day and I need a day of rest :cloud9:

While in our attic I happened bring down the suitcases so I can start airing them out :rolleyes1 I also put aside our trypical Disney packing stuff like ponchos, umbrella and so forth. I could have sworn I saw DH roll his eyes :rolleyes: but I pretended to ignore it! :laughing:

I also pulled out DDs Disney box that has her pin lanyard and pressed penny book. She has her "stuff" put aside as well for our trip. She is quickly becoming part of the obsessive Disney Trip planners, junior edition! :lmao:

So next up in our Oct 2007 TR will be breakfast at CRT and then our last minute plans that turned out to be the trip maker :banana:

BreezysMom
09-07-2009, 08:17 AM
I love the pictures of the stepsisters! I would love to do this character meal even if my daughter didn't (but she'd love it too :). I honestly had no idea how cool a character meal could be until we tried Akershus and wow! I may have been more excited than the kids! Thanks for the pics!

I love the meals too! I too get really excited. As you will see in our next trip that DD started to grow tired of waiting for the characters after a while. Of course I self admittedly over did the chararcter meals, but still would not change a thing!

Great update :) Breezy sure makes a pretty princess in blue :)

1900 PF pics are really nice, love the prince one :)

Looking forward to reading about CRT :)

Thanks :flower3: She looks so young ih these pics compared to now.

CRT will be my next review and obviously one of my families favorite considering we keep going back every visit despite the not-so-great reviews. I just feel like a trip to Disney is not complete without a meal in the castle :wizard:

Stefy
09-08-2009, 02:15 AM
We are going to try CRT next year. We haven't tried the last two times we have visited, the first there was absolutely so availability and the second was the food didn't look to appetising. But I think we really need to try this as like you say, how can you visit Disney and not eat at the castle.

I had to laugh when you said you bought the suitcases out to air. I think I would be the same, I am an obsessive planner, so much so I have started planning our third trip a year in advance. I have been inspired by your PTR/TR Recap and am thinking about doing one myself nearer the time.

I hope you have a good sale :)

Happy Labour Day :)

Stefy
09-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Sorry double post.

BreezysMom
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
The next morning we headed to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast in the castle! I think I was more excited than Breezy!:banana: She wanted to wear her Cinderella gown again which was fine but she wanted me to do her hair like they did at BBB :scared1: Well, I tried my best and the results were not all that bad.

It was great to walk down Main Street with my princess. A lot of CMs stopped to say hello to her and tell her how lovely she looked! We checked in and were brought right in to meet Cindy herself. I loved the detail in that room! If you have not been there, make sure you really look around as look at all the detailing. Then we got to climb the staircase and we were finally in the beautiful dining room. Even DH seemed excited by the experience.

I forgot to mention that this trip was a celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary and DH getting his MBA. At every meal there was some little celebration like a cupcake or confetti shaped into a heart at the Crystal Palace. Well at CRT we were given beautiful wine flutes! It was a truly unexpected special gift! :lovestruc Our waiter made DH and I feel just as special as he did DD. The meal was your average standard breakfast served family style, eggs, fruit and so forth. But we were there for the experience more than anything:thumbsup2 The princesses were nice, but DD just saw them at Akarhaus a few days before but was gracious nonetheless and happy to see them again!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4918.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4929.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4927.jpg

It was a wonderful experience...after breakfast we decided to get the picture taken at emporium that we were supposed to do after BBB but no one told us?? Oh well...off we went for some pretty pics

Stefy
09-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Aww how sweet that you got flutes, lovely magical Disney touch :)

CRT looks really cool, which would you recommend, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

BreezysMom
09-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Aww how sweet that you got flutes, lovely magical Disney touch :)

CRT looks really cool, which would you recommend, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

We have done breakfast and dinner and I have to say I preferred breakfast, not so much for the food, but the princesses. The Dinner with the Fairy Godmother and the Mice were fun but the princesses seemed more magical to us. :wizard:

Tinkerbellie16
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I have never been to CRT. The kids really want to go 'up' in the castle and I'd love to do CRT. Are there different characters there for breakfast vs. dinner? Did you get a professional photo and does it come with the package (like Akershus) or does it cost extra? And one more question :) Did you get into MK before it opened? I think that would be a big draw for me to go for breakfast!
Thanks!!

BreezysMom
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I have never been to CRT. The kids really want to go 'up' in the castle and I'd love to do CRT. Are there different characters there for breakfast vs. dinner? Did you get a professional photo and does it come with the package (like Akershus) or does it cost extra? And one more question :) Did you get into MK before it opened? I think that would be a big draw for me to go for breakfast!
Thanks!!

For all meals you meet Cinderella in the lobby and get a pic taken prior to going up stairs to the dining room. The photograph is included with the meal. :thumbsup2

Breakfast and lunch has the princesses. Usually it is Jasmine, Snow White and Aurora (sleeping beauty) and Belle in her blue dress. Yes, we were in the park before it opened and it was wonderful! I was in such awe that I did not take any pictures...oh well.:confused3

Dinner is the Fairy Godmother and the mice. It was a fun show and the Fairy Godmother is quite funny. If you are doing Akerhaus for breakfast than dinner might be something to try.

I have never used dining credits for CRT because I do not think it was worth two of them, but then again it is just the three of us.

Personally I think a meal at CRT is something everyone should try just once! :goodvibes

Tinkerbellie16
09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
For all meals you meet Cinderella in the lobby and get a pic taken prior to going up stairs to the dining room. The photograph is included with the meal. :thumbsup2

Breakfast and lunch has the princesses. Usually it is Jasmine, Snow White and Aurora (sleeping beauty) and Belle in her blue dress. Yes, we were in the park before it opened and it was wonderful! I was in such awe that I did not take any pictures...oh well.:confused3

Dinner is the Fairy Godmother and the mice. It was a fun show and the Fairy Godmother is quite funny. If you are doing Akerhaus for breakfast than dinner might be something to try.

I have never used dining credits for CRT because I do not think it was worth two of them, but then again it is just the three of us.

Personally I think a meal at CRT is something everyone should try just once! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info!!

Stefy
09-11-2009, 11:21 AM
We have done breakfast and dinner and I have to say I preferred breakfast, not so much for the food, but the princesses. The Dinner with the Fairy Godmother and the Mice were fun but the princesses seemed more magical to us. :wizard:

Thanx for that :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

BreezysMom
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
So I have been getting things together all week for this yard sale that is driving me crazy. I should be cleaning my house but here I am typing on the lap top...I am such a slacker!!!

Well anyways, I am so excited to hear that the TTA is open again. We love to take little breaks on the TTA. While I will miss SM while we were there, we rode it a dozen times in December so I won't miss it too much. Besides, SM rattled my brain :headache:. DD loves it though and since I am the desiginated ride partner due to DH vertigo issues, I am obligated!

This morning I took DDs change jar to the bank to cash it out because it was overflowing and whatever "she" makes at the yard sale for her toys and so forth will go for a Disney "credit card" as she calls it. No more Disney Dollars for her :sad2: She wants a credit card, aka gift card. I am ok with this because we lost a $20 Disney Dollar bill last trip. I think it was stuck to another bill but I will never know, I just know we were $20 short at some point:mad: After the sale tomorrow we are heading to the mall to buy her credit cards with her sale money and change jar money! I have been impressed with her ambition to save up her own spending money for this trip. :thumbsup2

Finally the Spirit Halloween store opened this week so Breezy wants to go find her Pirate costume to wear to MNSSHP. I also got a coupon e-mailed today which was a bonus. So I am sure after school today she will be begging to go. The costume really is the last thing I need to get.

I plan on buying some t-shirts for myself before we go too, but I am not too worried. After two trips of bringing WAY TOO much clothing for all of us, Ithink I have finally learned how to pack for Disney, espcially since I mastered the Poly laundry room last visit. A couple loads of laundry during pool time will work just fine!

Ok, well up next was our surprising last minute plans that turned out to be the highlight of our October 2007 trip and we say our goodbyes to Disney!

BreezysMom
09-11-2009, 01:13 PM
After breakfast at CRT we decided to get some pics taken at the Emporium. We should have done it the day before after our BBB appointment, but another rookie mistake of not knowing about it. We decided to walk over there on the way out of the park and see if there was a line. There was NO ONE waiting so we had some pics taken. They are cute...
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/image36.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/image21.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/image38.jpg

The hairwrap still cracks me up! We made sure for our next trip we did BBB before the hairwrap! These were all on our photopass CD that we bought. I will tell you in my humble opinion that I think most photopass photos are not good, as a matter of fact, we decided against getting one for our Dec trip because I took plenty of pics. That being said, I will probably buy one for our upcoming trip with the photo album. The prepaid deal. This time I will upload all my favorite personal pics as well.

Bottom line, if money is tight...spend it on something else. There are lots of people that will take pics for you with your camera and even the CM's will take pics of your family. You might encounter a few that say no, but keep trying...most will.:thumbsup2

BreezysMom
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
So on our way back to the Poly to do some swimming DH looks at the MNSSHP sign that was by City Hall. We had seen signs for it all week but sort of brushed it off...why would we want to pay more to get in the park when we have these park tickets that cost so much already? :confused3

But this time the sign said, tickets available for tonights party. DH looked at me and said "should we?" I was like why not? We had planned on spending the day at the resort swimming anyway, we already did our big dining meal for the day at CRT and had no other plans. We were leaving the next day :sad:

We really had no clue what MNSSHP was except a way for Disney to get more money put of us. It was early October so we were not really in the Halloween mode yet. We had experienced Hallowishes from the Poly beach and they were spectacular! pixiedust: Now we had tickets to the party!

So we headed back to the Poly for a day of R&R before the big party!

We love the Poly pool. DD, who was 6 at the time refused to go down the slide the entire trip! It was frustrating to say the least but I was not going to make her. We were able to borrow a life vest which was great for her feeling more secure in the pool. We had so much fun that afternoon!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4948.jpg

Watch out! That is my big rear blazing down the slide...trying to show Breezy how much fun it was :rotfl:
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4946.jpg

DH and DD playing in the water. They had so much fun together. DH had been working on his Masters for two years prior to our trip and was finally done in June, but then with My Grandma's death and a major job change we felf like we hardly saw him ever. It was great to reconnect :goodvibes
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4949.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4951.jpg
It looked beautiful now but one of those sudden Florida downpours was rolling in so we decided to head back to the room for a nap and get ready for MNSSHP! :cool1:

BreezysMom
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
So back at the room it started to get ugly out...Oh great! We bought these dumb tckets and now it looked like a worst storm ever :scared1:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/IMG_4954.jpg

So it poured buckets for like three whole minutes and then the rain moved on and let the sun shine and heat up that humid Florida air! We decided to head over to the GCH for a pre-party snack and do some people watching before heading to MNSSHP!

Breezy had to have her lobby time to color and watch cartoons. I remember it being very quiet that day. All the free diners were leaving and no one was really checking in. Then they announce that it was hula lesson time! :dance3: I apparently was not allowed per miss daughter of mine...but I am sure I could have if I really wanted to try ;)

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4957.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4958.jpg

Now Mom had to take some more pics! I love Poly lobby pics!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4964-1.jpg

Time to head to the Monorail for the party :banana::banana:
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4967.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4974.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_4973.jpg
The party was a blast! The parade and dance parties were so much fun and we partied until midnight!

Poor baby sacked out on the monorail on the ride back to the Poly
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_5032.jpg

It was getting so cool. We walked around to get some candy. Bought some t-shirts and enjoyed some dance parties. But the it was time to settle somewhere for the parade. We found a spot right near the hub. Perfect location for us!

BreezysMom
09-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I have to say that my yard sale was a BOMB! Oh well, the bright side is that all our excess stuff is out of the house and donated which is what we should have done in the first place.

DD got her pirate costume yesterday and I am beyond happy to report that it will take very little room in her suitcase :thumbsup2 So she is done for my to do list for her! Being that this is our third trip in three years I don't feel as much pressure of what to bring and what not to bring. Plus with the added bonus of club level, I don't have to worry about snacks and water which makes me very happy. For our trip in December we did have a couple cases of water shipped from Costco and it cast me about $12 TOTAL. DH thought I was nuts but did backtrack after he realized just how much money I save on buying bottled water. I strongly suggest shipping water if you family are big water drinkers like we are. I was not a fan of using all the plastic bottles but we try to live fairly "green" most of the time but Florida water is just yucky.

We are bringing refillable bottles for water for this trip. But we will also be buying the refillable mugs. We plan on having a few meals at Captain Cooks and I figure besides being good mementos, we will get our moneys worth for the counter service meals we have there.

I did some tweaking of our ADRs and got a copy of our itinerary e-mailed from the IPO at the Poly. I am really enjoying the IPO service so far! Now I just need to wait for our Magical Express packet and then it will really feel REAL :banana: Now it is time to finish our October 2007 TR....

Tinkerbellie16
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow! Her hair really held up :) I love the photos. Especially of the Poly - it's making me wish I was there again, sigh...

I'm so sorry the sale was a bomb. You never know what can happen.

So you are a Dis vet but in case you haven't thought of these things -
1. So you bring too many clothes?? I save our socks, undies, and even clothes that are ready to be thrown away. I use these at the parks and then throw them away at the end of the day (for ALL of the family). I can find stained items and items that are ready to rip apart - skivvies! - and we use them once and toss them when we are there. Trust me, I'm not going to donate them so I'd be throwing them away anyway. It leaves enough room in the suitcase for purchases at the parks. I do the same with toiletries - only bring what I'll toss.

2. Get free samples all year round at walmart.com. I go to their website and individual websites for LOTS of free shampoo & conditioner samples & GOOD samples. We bring those and throw away the paper they come in (as well as floss, sample perfume, sample lotions, etc.).

3. I'm from Colorado and our water ROCKS so I hate water that isn't mountain fresh :) But I am a scrooge so I bring the koolaid, tea, crystal lite, etc. packets and put them in the water to flavor them. I buy them on sale with a coupon and can get them 10 or 12 for a buck or two! The kids LOVE them.

Ok, I'm sure you've thought of these things and done them but your comments have rung so true to me!!!

P.S. Totally JEALOUS you are going soon to the world :goodvibes

BreezysMom
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
So the Halloween party was a great success.:cool1: The parade was incredible and of course Hallowishes was beautiful.

We were leaving the next day and had and ADR at OHana for breakfast.

We did ride a bunch of rides and did some trick or treating...but I am somewhat of a mean mom and do not let DD have too much candy and we had so much to take home as it was, so the candy lines were not a huge priority. We did get some photopass pics taken, but they were not so great but we have them for memories regardless. I can say now that I have done MNSSHP and MVMCP (coming up in next TR) and I had so much more fun at the Halloween party. I can't wait to go back this year :woohoo:.

I did a little bit of packing that night. I could not believe it was already time to go home. It seemed so short, especially since we were shorted a couple of days due to Breezy's illness, which by the way escaped DH and I and I am forever thankful for that!

The next morning we got up early and went to Ohana for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. It is a great experience. I did feel a bit rushed by the server and I guess the food was pretty decent for breakfast, but frankly after a week of nothing but eating out I was almost sick of eating. :rolleyes1 Does anyone else ever feel like that?

I think we look so tired in these pics, but it was a great send off and has become a tradition for us to eat there our last morning.
We bought the dress for DD in the Poly gift shop. I love that dress and sadly she has outgrown it but got to wear it again our next trip :thumbsup2

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_5042.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_5041.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/2007/IMG_5043.jpg

After breakfast we headed back to the room to finish packing. We checked our luggage at the resort which is so great!! Then we were going to go to the MK to say our goodbyes :sad1: before we had to come back and catch our Magical Express bus to the airport.

BreezysMom
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow! Her hair really held up :) I love the photos. Especially of the Poly - it's making me wish I was there again, sigh...

I'm so sorry the sale was a bomb. You never know what can happen.

So you are a Dis vet but in case you haven't thought of these things -
1. So you bring too many clothes?? I save our socks, undies, and even clothes that are ready to be thrown away. I use these at the parks and then throw them away at the end of the day (for ALL of the family). I can find stained items and items that are ready to rip apart - skivvies! - and we use them once and toss them when we are there. Trust me, I'm not going to donate them so I'd be throwing them away anyway. It leaves enough room in the suitcase for purchases at the parks. I do the same with toiletries - only bring what I'll toss.

2. Get free samples all year round at walmart.com. I go to their website and individual websites for LOTS of free shampoo & conditioner samples & GOOD samples. We bring those and throw away the paper they come in (as well as floss, sample perfume, sample lotions, etc.).

3. I'm from Colorado and our water ROCKS so I hate water that isn't mountain fresh :) But I am a scrooge so I bring the koolaid, tea, crystal lite, etc. packets and put them in the water to flavor them. I buy them on sale with a coupon and can get them 10 or 12 for a buck or two! The kids LOVE them.

Ok, I'm sure you've thought of these things and done them but your comments have rung so true to me!!!

P.S. Totally JEALOUS you are going soon to the world :goodvibes

Seriously I am in need of some skivies, I know TMI, so your idea has me thinking. Because DD is in need of socks and underwear too! Good idea!

We are not bringing a lot of clothing this trip. I will be doing laundry while we are there. I have learned the hard way with these trips. We brought SIX yes 6 suitcases for this particular trip and it was WAAAAAY too much. I did the whole suitcase full of snacks and water, DD had a suitcase full of gowns, shoes (never wore) and I brought every toiletry and medicine in the cabinet :sad2: It was so crazy. I brought dress clothes, tons of sweatshirts and so on...all went unused. I was better for the December trip, only 3 suitcases for that one. This trip I plan on mastering the whole system!

I also do the Walmart samples :thumbsup2 I remind DH that if his contact solution gets to certain point in the bottle to stop using it and open a new one because his solution does not come in travel size. So we bring the almost empty bottle and at the end of the trip we just toss all the empty/almost empty bottles. We also use the Disney toiletries while we are there as well. And frankly, they do have most staples to buy at the shops, allbeit a small fortune, but available nonetheless.

I love Colorado. I lived in Denver for about a year 16 years ago. I lived with my Aunt and had a blast skiing, hiking and just enjoying all the Colorado had to offer. I really need to take DD there so she can see the Mountains. DH and I honeymooned in Vail! It was incredible.

Tinkerbellie16
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, first thing I thought was 'she's a mean mom' NOT!!! So, not a ton of candy but Disneyworld??? You are the BEST :)

BreezysMom
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
So back to the Magic Kingdom for the last time. It was a wonderful 6 days. A truly magical first trip to Disney World for all of us.:wizard: A trip of a LIFETIME!

We said our goodbyes to Main Street and the castle and only rode a few rides because the MK was mobbed. It was a Friday, the Friday before Columbus day, so a lot of those holiday weekend travelers were just arriving.

We took the boat back to the Poly, collected our things and sat in the lobby waiting for ME. DD colored and watched cartoons and DH and I sat and people watched as they entered the front door:love: Our bus came and off we went. So long Disney World and a new found love the Poly :sad1:. We flew home to Chicago and landed in a horrible rain storm :sad2: Welcome home!

We went through the typical home from Disney blues. We saved up for a while for that trip so I knew we would not be going back so soon...but then about a month after we returned home I got an e-mail from Disney...40% off any stay during the so called "Magical Weeks of Disney". Forwarded it to DH, knowing he would say NOT A CHANCE. But was I wrong....he told me to book a trip for December 2008......

WE WERE GOING BACK TO DISNEY and for the holidays no less :woohoo: So this time I got to plan a trip with some knowledge and my new friend the DIS. 8 magical nights at the Poly in early December!

Stayed tuned....the second trip of a Life time is coming up and while the first one was magical since it was our first time, the second trip was beyond our wildest dreams! If you have a trip coming up while the holiday decorations are up...this next TR will not disappoint as I took lots of pics and we did everything that Disney had to offer for the holidays.

To keep you coming back for more, I will give you a mini spoiler...our second trip ended like our first trip started :sick:.

Coming up...December 2008 TR :santa: which includes lots of Character meals, MVMCP, Candelight Processional, Holidays around the World at Epcot, The Osborn Lights (yes we finally got to DHS) and the highlight for me...the castle, all draped in icicle lights. pixiedust:

Stefy
09-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Your first trip looked pretty awesome, apart from the bug at the beginning, but you looked like you had a great time :)

Ohana breakfast looks v cool, we can't wait to do this next year :)

Looking forward to reading about your second trip :)

Tinkerbellie16
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh no! :sick: again! Although I'm sure you still had the best time :goodvibes

BreezysMom
09-13-2009, 08:50 PM
After our great first trip we started to plan our second trip. I used the same TA but gave more input as to my preferences. There was so much to plan/do for the holiday season at Disney. It was a fun trip to plan.

This time we were going for 8 nights so I felt confident we would get to see and do everything we wanted. Remember our first trip we only went ot MK and EPCOT and really was only at Epcot a half of day. We had a lot to see!

The planning for this trip was complicated by the fact that in August my mother got gravely ill and they told us she was not expected to survive the day. Thankfully, she pulled through but a lot of her after care seemed to fall on me.

It also happened to be her 60th Birthday coming up in December and my family wanted to have a special party for her after our big scare. Her birthday happened to be the day before we were leaving for Disney :headache: so the party was the night before we were leaving.

Well put planning a Disney trip, a birthday celebration and getting ready for the holidays themself...I was way over my head :rolleyes1 Not to mention that I myself was having health issues and was in need of major surgery that I ended up putting off. Thank goodness I was going on vacation to Disney :cool1:

So I prayed that we would not get hit with some crazy early December snow storm and we wpould get to Disney on schedule. We were so ready for this trip! The next morning after a wonderful party, and late night we woke up early to get on the road. We were dropping the dog off at my Mom and Dad's and my Dad was taking us to Ohare. So far, so good :thumbsup2 It actually was frrezing here in Chicago, like below zero freezing. Not normal for early December, but at least not snowing. :)

We boarded the plane on time...took off on time and landed early! :woohoo: Off to ME to hitch a ride to the Poly.....we walked up to the ME area and I could not believe my eyes :eek: it was CRAZY busy! Wall to wall people! So much for the low crowds of early December! Of well, who cares...let's get on that bus and head to the Poly!

So long Chicago!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008006.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008008.jpg

Hello ME and Disney World!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008010.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008009.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008012.jpg

We were the first to get dropped off and we headed into the Poly lobby to check in. It was beautiful!:love: The decorated trees and the garland! There were Poinsettas placed throughout the foilage in the waterfall area. Very festive and beautiful! :santa:

There was no line to check in, we walked right up to a CM and I said hello and he grunted a hello back...I like to refer to him as Mr. Happy :rolleyes: He checked us in and while I was nervous...hoping not to get puked on again. I was jumping out of my skin waiting to find our where are room was. We were staying garden view and I did request third floor Figi. We were placed in third floor Aotearoa. I asked him if there was third floor Figi available and he said NO! Oh brother! This guy was such a downer. He then proceeds to tell me that this is an upgrade...a lagoon view! Great! An upgrade...maybe we will see the castlke from our room?

Mr. Happy did not even give us leis and Aloha or anything. But who cares?? We were at the Poly, time to get this vacation started :banana:

We head over to our room, open the door and DH opens the blinds. Lagoon view??? We had a great view of a big tree and if you quinted you could see some water through the leaves and branches. I did not even think to take a pic. Oh well, we did pay for GV and that is what we received.

We only had our carry ons because ME had our luggage. Oh, I forgot to mention...it was COLD there that day. Thankfully, we had our winter coats with us and we were dressed for cooler weather coming from the frozen tundra of Chicago!

After a couple minutes in the room we started to smell something...it was not cigarette smoke...not incense...it was Pot! We were in a room next to Cheech and Chong!!! I called down to what I thought was the front desk, I now know is a call center and told them I was not happy with my location now. Plus, did I really want to spend 8 days and nights staring at that tree while my neighbor was smoking his own greenery?

No problem, they could move us to our third floor Figi, but not until the next day. It was a deal:thumbsup2...but could they send someone up to deal with our neighbors? :hippie: I also complained about Mr. Happy and our missing leis!

We headed back down to the desk to deal with some of our issues and get our leis and took some pics in the beautiful lobby.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008025.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008028.jpg

Frankly, I love the Poly but the front desk people are hit or miss at times which is disappointing. I do have to say that I have also met some of the nicest CMs at the Poly front desk as well, which you will see how wonderful later in the TR they turned out to be.:lovestruc

By the way, ME had also lost one of our peices of luggage and basically told me to deal with it by calling the airline and this person and that person:confused:. It was not a great start but again, we are back at Disney, so far no puke and I just wanted to get this vacation started. The missing luggage, which happened to be filled with all my stuff showed up later that night while we were out.

We bundled up with our coats and hats and headed off to the boat to the MK. I had to see that castle!!!

Oh my :worship: The decorations were incredible! It was more beautiful than I imagined!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Dec%202008%20Heading%20to%20Disney/disneyworld2008020.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008087.jpg

We could not stay too long because it was a party night, so we went on a few rides and headed back to the Poly to get a good night sleep. The next morning we were going to MK early to experience rope drop for the first time. We were no rookies anymore!

Coming soon...Day 2. Magic Kingdom and dinner at Chef Mickeys!

Stefy
09-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Ouch, that CM sounded like a bundle of joy...not and what is up with the Pot smokers :confused3 I am glad you got a nicer CM this time and they moved you to Figi.

I know what you mean about crowds and December. We went the beginning of last year expecting it to be quite, but when we arrived it was heaving, a CM told us that all resorts were booked to capacity :eek:

Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

BreezysMom
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Dec 2008- Day 2

This day we were going to MK. After we came home from our first trip I started reading about "rope drop". I decided that we had to see this! We got to bed early the night before and were well rested. This would be the perfect morning to experience rode drop!

Our usual morning at the Poly consisted of me being the first to wake...I would take a nice slow walk with lots of detours to Captain Cooks and get us breakfast and then I would bring it back to the room. We would eat and get ready and then head on out for the day.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008030.jpg

This particular morning we had to have bell services pick up our luggage to store so we could change rooms. We stopped in the lobby to take care of our room switch on our way out, took some more pics and headed over the the MK.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008034.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008036.jpg On the monorail

DH and DD were moaning and groaning about me making them get to the park so early because we were just waiting around. On our first trip we got into MK prior to official park opening due to our ADR at CRT and I think they just assumed we would be strolling around like we did that morning :rolleyes:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008039.jpg

Finally the the music started and the opening ceremony began. They both quickly stopped their groaning...as a matter of fact, DH is insisting that we do rode drop all the time! He really enjoyed it and video taped the whole thing. I think his main goal now is to be the opening family :lmao:
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008050.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008052.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008055.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008058.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008059.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008060.jpg DD was sick of me taking pics already and it was only the second day!

Keep in mind that we(especially DH) are not fans of being scheduled on vacation. I go to great lengths to have a few "rough schedules" usually centered around ADRs so we can "go with the flow". We had an ADR at Chef Mickey's that night so we really did not have lunch plans.

Frankly, after a few hours the MK got really crowded and we were ready to leave. I called the Poly and our new room was not ready yet...what to do? I suggested that we head over to the WL for CS lunch and check out the decorations. This was totally part of my "planning" but DH was none the wiser.;) The WL was beautiful and we ended up eating at Whispering Canyon which was pretty a decent meal. I liked the atmosphere of the lobby and being able to gaze at the beautiful Christmas tree during lunch.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008090.jpg

After lunch we went out in front of the WL to find a bus to take us back to the Poly...yea, I know there is none...but ended up catching a bus to the GF, I can't remember the circumstances but we walked from the GF to the Poly and checked at the front desk. Our room was ready and off we were to our favorite longhouse Figi:goodvibes We headed to our room and all our stuff was delivered about two minutes after we got there. We had a great view of the marina
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008156.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008154.jpg

I unpacked and got our new room all organized while DH and DD watched Stacey! Then we got ready for our dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Tinkerbellie16
09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
It is good to know that even if they can't accomodate your longhouse request for that first night, that they can work with you and change it the next night - I'll have to keep that in mind. But c'mon, you are at Disney and those neighbors??? Well, I guess they were vacationing too :lmao:

Stefy
09-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Wow your Figi view looks great CR and the Volcano pool :thumbsup2

A good start to the morning at MK, we have never done rope drop before (although I think we stumbled upon it at AK) Looks like fun though :goodvibes

More please popcorn::

TiggerCL
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
What a beautiful view from Figi! We leave for the Poly in 15 days and I'm enjoying vicariously living your past vacations through your TRs! Thanks again for posting!

BreezysMom
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Before I go on I keep forgetting to mention that I got a new camera before our trip and was not used to it so some pics are not so great...I think I have finally figured out how to use it :rolleyes1

After unpacking and resting for a bit DD and I headed to the lobby to hang out a bit before dinner at Chef Mickey's. DH stayed back to take a shower and call work :mad: (the only call he made thankfully). We love the Poly lobby :love: DD colors and I people watch. She gets to interact with other kids while I relax.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008098.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008102-1.jpg

After a while we took the monorail to CR for dinner at Chef Mickeys. This was our second trip to CM for dinner. In all honesty it was quite a contrast from or first visit. The food was really not so good and while Mickey, Donald and Goofy came quickly, Minnie was no where to be found. We finally saw her while we were eating dessert and she was still about 10 tables from us. I was somewhat annoyed that other tables kept asking for Minnie to come over because they wanted to go while a lot of people in the room were in the same boat.

The handlers let her go to this one table of about 8 people about 5 tables beyond us and they...took...their...time with her :rolleyes: Finally, the handler basically told them that Minnie had to keep moving and one of the women at the table got ticked. She actually kept bringing her kids over to the table that Minnie was at to get ANOTHER picture. Poor Minnie! She was so gracious. The handler finally told them that if they wanted more Minnie they had to wait! UGH! I would have left long before but as you can see DD was dressed like Minnie. She loves Minnie, would could not leave. All in all our dinner at Chef Mickey's took over TWO hours which I think is a long time!

My advice to anyone is that like CRT, you have to try Chef Mickey's at least once, especially a first visit to Disney World. We plan on seeing Mickey at Ohana our next visit and catch Minnie at her house or MNSSHP.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008106.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008111.jpg
After dinner we headed to the MK to see Spectro and the castle all lit up in icicle lights:woohoo:
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008127.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008128.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008130.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008140.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008145.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%202/disneyworld2008147.jpg

Isn't the castle stunning?

It was a wonderful evening despite the massive crowds. We did not go on any attractions we just watched Spectro and Wishes and then browsed the shops on Main Street. This is why I love staying at the Poly and of course having Park Hopper tickets so we can just hop over to the MK when we feel like it.

After Wishes we went back to the Poly to get to bed...the next day we were spending a relaxing morning at the resort because the we were spending our evening at MVMCP:santa: but before the party DD had an appointment at BBB and then an early dinner at CRT!

Stay tuned!

BreezysMom
09-16-2009, 07:33 PM
So the next morning we had lots of flexibility...DD and I went for a walk around the resort and she played on the beach for a bit. That night we were going to MVMCP and were taking it easy that morning. The Poly is just so tranquil to me :goodvibes I cannot get enough of the views everywhere you go!

The beach behind Figi. The GF Wedding Pavilion. I just now noticed the bird nest in the tree!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008158.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008162.jpg

Those dreaded pool hoppers!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008163.jpg

Early morning view of the pool area.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008166.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008168.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008172.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008175.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008176.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008178.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008180.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008181.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008177.jpg

After our walk we met up with DH and had some breakfast and then swam for a bit. I LOVE coming back to our room after Mousekeeping comes and cleans up! Dh and I have our seperate reasons for loving a week long stay at Disney. For me, I don't have to cook, clean, make a bed, do dishes...I actually get a vacation! He gets all that and does not have to step foot in a car to drive. He has a long daily commute and the traffic stinks and it just makes him crabby:mad: The minute we walk into the Poly lobby I can just see his stress and tension melt away.

Here is a favorite site of mine!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008195.jpg

This day they left us a cute surprise!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008196.jpg
So cute! It was my Minnie Santa Hat! I left it set up all week like that.

We needed to start getting ready to head back to the MK. We wanted to catch the Dreams parade before Breezy's appointment at BBB and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!! Stay tuned:thumbsup2

Stefy
09-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Wow that sucks, two hours waiting for Minnie, but you persevered and got a great pic. We haven't done CM's, it does look like fun, but the food doesn't look to appealing TBH.

Gorgeous pictures of the resort, I love the first pic of the beach behind Figi. We still can't decide what LH to go for, now its a toss up between Figi and Aotearoa. With Figi can you get a balcony GV room overlooking the Marina? Or is that classed as LV?

The castle is just beautiful when its all icicled up. Christmas is such a great time to go if you don't mind the crowds :)

Can't wait to read about MVMCP :)

BreezysMom
09-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow that sucks, two hours waiting for Minnie, but you persevered and got a great pic. We haven't done CM's, it does look like fun, but the food doesn't look to appealing TBH.

Gorgeous pictures of the resort, I love the first pic of the beach behind Figi. We still can't decide what LH to go for, now its a toss up between Figi and Aotearoa. With Figi can you get a balcony GV room overlooking the Marina? Or is that classed as LV?

The castle is just beautiful when its all icicled up. Christmas is such a great time to go if you don't mind the crowds :)

Can't wait to read about MVMCP :)

All of Figi is GV!

I would say in the grand scheme of things, it was not that crowded, not like spring break or Christmas itself, but after 15 months of reading how quiet it was I was shocked to see the large number of people that were there. The time we went there was this vortex of Pop football/cheerleading, Mousefest and I guess a lot of South American's, not tour groups but large families vacationing at Disney. After the third day or so, we adapted to the "crowds". DH was hava a coronary if we went dury "busy" season.

It was just quite a contrast to our first trip which was after free dining ended in early October and we literally walked on everything, got great parade, firework spots and never waited for than 5 minutes to be seated for a meal. I really think that there is no "slow" time at Disney anymore. Certainly some times will be better than others.

Thanks for reading my TRs!

tarak
09-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Such beautiful photos! We didn't really take advantage of the holiday season when we were there before - I'm looking forward to my kids being older and able to stay for the late fireworks.
I know what you mean about the crowds - we went the first week in December thinking it wouldn't be crowded at all. It was crowded, just not crazy crowded.
I'm glad you got a different room - I always wonder when they upgrade someone to a room with a lousy view if it's because someone who booked LV to begin with saw the view and got out of Dodge, so they try to pass it on to someone else as an "upgrade." That view from Figi is wonderful!

Stefy
09-18-2009, 01:59 AM
All of Figi is GV!

I would say in the grand scheme of things, it was not that crowded, not like spring break or Christmas itself, but after 15 months of reading how quiet it was I was shocked to see the large number of people that were there. The time we went there was this vortex of Pop football/cheerleading, Mousefest and I guess a lot of South American's, not tour groups but large families vacationing at Disney. After the third day or so, we adapted to the "crowds". DH was hava a coronary if we went dury "busy" season.

It was just quite a contrast to our first trip which was after free dining ended in early October and we literally walked on everything, got great parade, firework spots and never waited for than 5 minutes to be seated for a meal. I really think that there is no "slow" time at Disney anymore. Certainly some times will be better than others.

Thanks for reading my TRs!

Uh Oh looks like Figi is going on the list now :rolleyes1

When I get the CM to put notes on my booking should I request Marina view with balcony?

I agree with you Re: crowds. Our first trip to WDW was in September 2007 crowd levels were pretty good, busy but not overly so that you felt like there were too many people there. Comparing that to Dec last year, man that was just unbearable, all resorts were full to capacity and the parks were just heaving, which I found unbelieveable as when we researched what dates to go we were told Dec was a great time to :confused3 Think everyone else must have caught onto the same idea as us ;)

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

BreezysMom
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
PTR info!!
Today I made the cutest find at my local Walgreens!

First of all, let me preface by saying that I ordered DD the Minnie Pumpkin from the Disney Florist. I added on an Autograph book and balloon and the total cost was almost $90 with Delivery :scared1:

I usually like to surprise her with something in the room upon arrival. The Disney Florist pumpkin is filled with candy and cookies and such.

So today I go to Walgreens and browsing down the Halloween aisle and find this!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/004.jpg

It was only $4.99!

So I continued looking and I found Minnie and Mickey Halloween buttons, light up pumpkin and ghost necklaces, and Disney Halloween stickers! I also have put away some light up sticks and other surprises like Disney tattos.

I came home and went online and ordered an autograph book and plush Halloween Minnie from Disney.com. I am going to make up my own Mickey filled pumpkin head and I am going to ship it all to the resort. It all cost about HALF of the Disney Florist cost.:banana:

Beleive me when I say I am not this creative at all! So I am fairly impressed with my idea :rotfl2:

I also got these that I will ship in the box too!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/005.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/006.jpg
They are light up Minnie Pumpkin and Ghost! I could not resist!

I shipped a box our last trip before Christmas and shipped stuff home and it is not that big of deal. I am planning on putting a lot of our toiletries and stuff in the box as well and then we won't need to bring as much in our luggage. It is a win win for me :thumbsup2

Now if only DH would appreciate my frugal idea :rolleyes1 But instead he just thinks I am nuts! :lmao:

I also talked to the Poly IPO today to confirm so plans and ask some questions. They are so super nice. I can imagine why people like staying CL! I hope it is just as wonderful when we get there. :dance3: Only 40 days now:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

tarak
09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I love the light up pumpkin and ghost! I don't think there's a walgreens near me, but I'll check out the riteaid and see if they have them.

BreezysMom
09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Dec 2009 TR

After a wonderful day of enjoying the Polynesian we took the boat over to the MK for Breezy's BBB appointment which would be followed by dinner at CRT than MVMCP!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008197.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008199.jpg

We got there a bit before 3 and were able to position ourselves near the castle hub for the Dreams Come True Parade.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008204.jpg

After the parade we headed through the castle to BBB.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008242.jpg

DD had her own Cinderella dress on. This is the same dress she wore on our trip just 14 months prior. I could not believe how much she had grown since our first trip. The first time the gown almost touched the ground! Of course I was having just as much fun as DD. This time our FGM in training was not really talkative or engaging but she did a wonderful job as you will see DD's hair held up all night long. While she was getting her hair done she noticed another little girl wearing the Belle Christmas gown. All it took was one little look to Daddy and he said OK, she could get one. The great thing was that it was only $30 which surprised me because it is a nice quality costume. So keep that in mind, you do not have to do the whole package for $150, you can just do the hair and makeup package and buy the gown seperate. Frankly, I have learned the hard way that those costume shoes are not comfortable and DD does not wear them for more than 5 minutes. :sad2:

Here are some pics of her experience

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008243.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008248.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008252.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008256.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008258.jpg

BBB is such a wonderful experience for little girls. I am glad DD has been able to do it twice now. Sadly (for me), she does not want to do it again this trip. However, she is going to do the Pirate League which actually looks like great fun! They grow up too quickly :hug:

After BBB was headed to the wrist distribution area for the party since we had a bit of time before we could check in at CRT. I just love how the CMs interact with the little girls after they get all done up! She was called "princess" everywhere we went and her demeanor was priceless!princess: What a little actress!

After a bit we were able to check in for dinner and were escorted right into the castle lobby. I really love this part the most. If you have a meal in CRT, while you are waiting to meet with Cindy, really examine the room. It is wonderfully detailed with the sweetest details.

The tree in the lobby was beautiful. We were the first in line to see Cinderella so I was able to snag some pics in front of the tree! I love the socks with crocs look!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008261.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008263.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008264.jpg

Then Cindy finally came out to greet us. DD was so excited to be first!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008265.jpg

After that we headed up the stairs to dinner...the castle is just so beautiful:goodvibes

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008267.jpg

Dinner at CRT features the Fairy Godmother and the mice. DD tells me their names our Gus and Jaq, but they wore dresses, so I am thinking not :confused3 Some of these details do escape me, but it was a cute show and of you are celebrating something the FGM will honor it...it is very funny too!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008268.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008286.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008289.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008291.jpg

Dinner was pretty good. I know the meal gets mixed reviews but as I have said before, the Castle experience is so wonderful!

After dinner DD had to change into her Belle gown for MVMCP! I felt like we were at an awards ceremony, as it was the night of many gown changes...wait until you see how she ended up looking at the end of the night!

Coming next.....MVMCP:santa:

Tinkerbellie16
09-19-2009, 09:36 PM
I loved the pics you posted of her first experience with BBB but I have to say I like this hairstyle better with the added curls. How much fun! At least you got to do it twice with her and you definitely have to post the pirate league photos!!!

BreezysMom
09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I loved the pics you posted of her first experience with BBB but I have to say I like this hairstyle better with the added curls. How much fun! At least you got to do it twice with her and you definitely have to post the pirate league photos!!!

I agree with you on the hair. I cherish those experiences so much!:goodvibes

Stefy
09-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Aww bless she looks every inch the little princess. Loving the sound of the Belle Costume, the red one is v cool. Dinner looks like fun, I like the mice and have never seen the FGM. Forgive me again for asking but are these the only characters at dinner?

BreezysMom
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Aww bless she looks every inch the little princess. Loving the sound of the Belle Costume, the red one is v cool. Dinner looks like fun, I like the mice and have never seen the FGM. Forgive me again for asking but are these the only characters at dinner?

Yes, the Princesses are at breakfast and lunch and the FGM and mice for dinner. It actually is an entertaining show they put on!

BreezysMom
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
DEC 2008 TR

After dinner at CRT it was time to party :banana: We had so much fun at MNSSHP we would not wait for MVMCP :santa: Now I will say that Disney does Christmas well. Everywhere you go it is decorated. It is truly amazing how crazy they go!

We had a fun time at the party, but I have to say we like the Halloween party better. I don't want to come off as a whiner but I feel like Disney sells too many tickets for these parties. I think in the beginning it was a great concept but due to being so popular, Disney has become a bit "greedy" maybe? The party was crowded and of course out of all the nights for it to be actually hot and muggy, that was the one. Not that I minded warmer weather in December.

We hung out at the Dance Party at Ariel's Grotto for a bit and DD danced with the Step Sisters. They were hysterical! I was of course dancing around with DD and totally missed the WET FLOOR sign and totally fell into this puddle of the most nasty smelling water!:scared1: UGH! My jeans were soaked and I smelled! It was early in the night so I just had to suck it up and deal. We literally had to drag DD away from the dance floor but there are few precious hours and we had lots to do and see. So we decided to wait for the second parade and rode some rides during the first parade and watch the fireworks then make our way to a location for the second parade. We took in everything there was to do, but again it was so crowded so I felt a little put off.

We staked out our parade spot about a half an hour before it was to start. We had a great view and just sat there and rested a bit while we waited. It was a wonderful parade. The toy soldiers are incredible! What was really fun was on Christmas Day to watch the parade on TV and see all the things we got to see in real life!

Costume Change! She transformed from Cinderella to Belle!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008292.jpg
Dance Party!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008297.jpg
Costume change number 3! It was hot that night so we had to buy a t-shirt for DD. This was Minnie's house.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008320.jpg

Stitch was in love with DD. He was smitten.
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008325.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008334.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008355.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008369.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008343.jpg

DD was determined to stay until midnight and we did! But at some point all princesses and their parents need to go back to their castles and go to sleep!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008379.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%203/disneyworld2008380.jpg

So the best thing about MVMCP? When it snowed on Main Street! It was really cool. So my suggestion for the parties is don't waste time with table service meals. There is so many things to see and do. We took the precious advice of resting during the day and that really helped to make it through the party without any whining, especially from DH ;).

So up next...we stray from the MK and head to Epcot for breakfast with the Princesses at Akerhaus and a trip around the world!

Stefy
09-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Yes, the Princesses are at breakfast and lunch and the FGM and mice for dinner. It actually is an entertaining show they put on!

Thank you :goodvibes

Breezy looks v cute in her Belle Costume, love the third costume change, lil diva :cutie:

Sorry it was crowded, it was the same for us last year and there were non wrist band guests wandering around too, which annoyed me a bit. After a while we had to leave because it was so busy.

Sounds like you had a great time though, the Stitch pic is v cute. I love Breezy's Minnie jacket, is really cool :)

Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

Tinkerbellie16
09-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I love the Xmas Belle Costume!! I had no idea she had a red costume (I liked that you posted her on the float too!) Ok, I want that minnie jacket...

BreezysMom
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I love the Xmas Belle Costume!! I had no idea she had a red costume (I liked that you posted her on the float too!) Ok, I want that minnie jacket...

Isn't that Minnie Jacket great? The Disney Store does not have those wonderful jackets anymore :confused3 I have to see if it still fits her?

BreezysMom
09-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Dec 2008 TR

OK, I need to get on with this because our trip is coming quickly! I have been working on the Poly FAQ thread so I got a little behind!

I consider our party day a total success! We slept in that day, rested at the Poly and headed out to the park later. We all had a wonderful evening at MVMCP and stayed until mindnight!:thumbsup2

The next morning we woke up and headed to Epcot for our ADR at Akershus for the Storybook Princess Breakfast. We had a later ADR so we were able to take our time getting there. We took the Monorail from the Poly to the TTC and transferred there. When we got to the TTC this very nice older gentleman asked Breezy if she wanted to sit up front? She politely said that she had already got to once this trip and the gentleman told her that was ok, she could experience it again. I was proud of my child that morning. As a matter of fact, I really enjoy her behavior at Disney World. She is truly smitten by the happiest place on earth and we hardly ever hear griping or attitude during our stay. I hope this will be the same for our upcoming trip!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008381.jpg

We arrived at Epcot and it was a spectacular day! The sun was out, the temperature was perfect with no humidity! Epcot was decorated just as wonderful as the MK!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008382.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008383.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008385.jpg

Princess Breezy had to slip into her Belle costume for our breakfast! We love Akershus!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008393.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008394.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008396.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008400.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008401.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008402.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008404.jpg

Again, if you cannot get a reservation for CRT for breakfast, this is a great alternative. It is basic breakfast foods of scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. They have a nice buffet with breakfast pastries and fruit. But this meal is only 1 TS for the dining plan. The service had always been excellent and the Princesses are wonderful and of course, DH has his little crush on Belle (in her gold gown) :lovestruc so he had to get his pic with her :rotfl: He would kill me if he knew I posted this :lmao:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008397.jpg

After a wonderful breakfast it was time for our trip around the world! Princess removed her gown and off we were to Canada to start our exploration.

Coming up...Around the world with Kidcot! A must do :thumbsup2

Stefy
09-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Great update, bless DH thats so sweet that he wanted his pic with Belle :)

Akershus is still a should we/shouldn't we reservation. I keep hearing mixed reviews that you are quite rushed and that the Princesses are not that interactive with you, but then reading your report, it sounds like it would be fun to do.

Can't wait to read more :)

BreezysMom
09-29-2009, 09:18 PM
After a wonderful breakfast we decided to tour the World. This is something that we did not do on our previous trip and now that DD was a year older, I think it was perfect for her. She really got into going to all the Kidcot stations and getting her Passport stamped. She learned a lot and was able to go back to school and tell her class all that she learned!

One thing DD did was keep a journal of our trip. It was somewhat of a "homework" assignment but has proved to be a wonderful keepsake! She would look at the park map at the end of the day and write down all that we saw and did.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008408.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008436.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008423.jpg

After our wonderful afternoon around the world we headed back to the Poly. We were pretty tired from our late evening the night before. When we got back to the resort Breezy was determined to get her hairwrap!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008461.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008463.jpg

After the hairwrap I needed to wash my nasty smelling jeans and some other items so I did some laundry while DH and DD hung out at the pool. After some swimming we had dinner at Kona Cafe. We really have enjoyed our meals and Kona and this trip was no exception. Our server was wonderful and then we found our she was from Chicagoland too! We chatted with her alot and it was a pleasure having her wait on us! Of course we were stuffed to the gills after dinner and the delicious Kona dessert:love: After dinner we found two lounge chairs on the beach and relaxed while watching Wishes :wizard: So you can see that we a truly Resort Commandos. While we love experiencing the parks and all that Disney has to offer, we really enjoy our down time at the Poly. It is truly the best of both worlds!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%204/disneyworld2008476.jpg

After Wishes, we retired to our room for a good night sleep.:cloud9: Our plan was to go to DHS the next day. We were going to take our time getting there because we wanted to see the Osborn Family Spectacle of lights which would not start until 5pm...little did we know that a boat would have come in handy the next day:scared1:

It was the perfect ending to a wonderrful day!

BreezysMom
09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
The next day...day 5 of our trip, we decided to finally check out DHS. Our plan was to take our time getting there...I was not sure if DD would do well on RNRC and knew TOT was not going to happen! When we woke up it looked really ominous out. We ordered some breakfast to the room and had a nice slow morning. Our past experience was that these rainstorms usually came through quickly...:rolleyes1

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008488.jpg

This day was not the case! After waiting a while in our room for the storm to pass we decided to put our raingear on and head to the bus stop. With any luck the rain would stop and the park may have fewer crowds! Oh boy...we were soooo wrong :confused3 While on the bus the rain shower turned into a monsoon! The poor bus driver could hardly see.

So here we are, a horrible rain shower and had no clue about how DHS was laid out or where to go. We were soaking despite our ponchos because the rain literally was coming back at us from the cement! :boat: To sum it up we were soaked down to our underwear and miserable!:sad2:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008495.jpg

We decided to check out some of the stores and figure out where we were at and how to get where we wanted to go. Our plan was to try and get to TSM, but really, it was like noon at this point. The Fast passes were most likely gone two hours before! This plan was seemingly not working as we flet like we were going in circles!

We ended up starting to chat with a CM at one of the shops. This is one CM I wish I would have remembered her name because she was a doll. We were telling her that we were planning on bailing on DHS, the rain was too much and we had no clue where to go and so forth. She begged us not to leave and gave us some advice...she gave us directions to the Great Movie Ride and a CS place for lunch. We followed her instructions, we ate some lunch, I don't really remember the name of the CS place, and then headed to the great movie ride. It was still pouring when we entered the ride! But magically, to our delight as we walked out after the Great Movie Ride, the sun started to fight its way through the clouds and almost instantly it turned into a beautiful day! :sunny:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008517.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008534.jpg
So after seeing Lights, Motor, Action...which DD and DH loved. I enjoyed soaking up some sun to try and dry off! I thankfully had my ShamWow sheets to dry off the bleachers! :lmao: I strongly suggest one in your backpack for situations like this :thumbsup2

Finally, DD decided she wants to ride RNRC! Oh yea! Mom is so excited :eek:...not really into looping coasters, but hey...it is Disney World. I don't want DD to miss a thing!

She LOVED it and so did I! :banana:

It was a great coaster...so great that we rode it three times that day!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008536.jpg

We throughly enjoyed our day and as I expected DD was not interested into riding TOT! Mom was happy:thumbsup2 We saw Indiana Jones and rode Star Tours...all the things DH loves. DHS was a hit!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008543.jpg

After all these wonderful things it was time to get a snack and head to The Streets of America so we can see the lighting of the Osbourn Lights!

Up next...one of the most magical site I have ever seen!

BreezysMom
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
WOW, the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights is truly amazing. Yes, it is a crowded mess but really, for someone who hates crowds, I felt it was well worth it. First of all, we found a great spot near the light switch which was an excellent place to be because it really added to the show. It was amazing when they flipped that switch and the lights went on!

The pictures do not do it justice but here are a few! This is a must see while at Disney during the holidays :thumbsup2

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008547.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008549.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008552.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008570.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008583.jpg

After taking in the lights and enjoying the music it was time for us to leave DHS. We headed back to the bus stop! It ended up being a great day at DHS despite the wet start!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008586.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008588.jpg

We lucked out and walked right on a waiting bus and headed back to the Poly. Our trip was half over and it so far was beyond magical!

The next day it was back to Epcot for a late lunch at LeCellier and the Candelight Processional...

Stefy
09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Wow great update :) Osborne lights looks awesome and you sound like you had the perfect spot :)

Love the pic of Breezy outside RnRC, v rockstar :)

A bummer about the rain, but at least it let up after TGMR, what did you think of that ride?

Tinkerbellie16
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Wow! I love the lights! I've never been to Disney during Christmas, it is so beautiful!

BreezysMom
10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Dec 2009 TR

The next day we head a late lunch at Epcot at LeCellier and then Candelight Processional. We were excited to experience LeCellier for the first time! We slept in a bit and then got ready and headed to Epcot. We rode a few rides and then headed over to Rose and Crown so DH could get himself a beer! DH and DD were both extra crabby that day. The "schedule" was getting to both of them :sad2: I assured them the the CP would be worth it and after this day all the "must dos" would be checked off our list!
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008637.jpg
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008644.jpg

Late lunch at LeCellier was nice. I am glad we experienced it, but frankly don't get the hype :confused3 I had the mushroom filet and DD had a kids filet that she was thrilled with because she was DONE with the kids meal offerings! After dinner we walked around for a bit and then headed to the priority seating line for the CP. We waited for a bit and then we were let in to the theater. We had wonderful seats dead center about half way up. It was a perfect view. We struck up a conversation with the people around us so that passed the time a bit. It was a chilly evening that night so I was glad that we came prepared for the cold!

Marlee Matlin was our narrator and she was wonderful. Her interpreter spoke very well and I found the whole experience magical. The music was incredible and if nothing else got me in the holiday spirit, the CP did!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008658.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008662.jpg

It was magical at Epcot that evening...there was a full moon and it was just a beautiful evening. We took a nice stroll back to future world on our way to the monorail. We decided to ride test track and so other attractions.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008666.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008671.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008669.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008674.jpg

The CP is a must do. It is a little disppointing that they are using 2 TS credits this year as I don't think it is worth it. I think I would just pay out of pocket for that one and find a lesser expensive dining option!

Oh my...the trip in flying by! Only a few more days left.

Stay tuned!:love:

BreezysMom
10-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Dec 2008 TR

So here we are, are trip is winding down. We had done all the must dos for Christmas time at Disney...now we were in our self imposed free time. Other than a few more ADRs, we were going to take it slow.

The next day after Epcot and the CP was Saturday. We were not scheduled to leave until Monday evening so we decided to head back to the MK that day. We took our time heading over to the MK by boat. The boat ride is one of our favorite things to do while staying at the Poly :lovestruc

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008692.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008693.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008695.jpg

We walked around for a bit and then decided to have lunch at Tony's. They had seating outside so it was fun to sit there and people watch during lunch. Now the meal is a different story...it was not so tasty. It was downright plain. Oh well, it ws a lovely lunch and the weather was beautiful. After lunch we decided to head back to the Poly to relax before dinner at 1900 Park Faire.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008704.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008706.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008710.jpg

I have mentioned before how much we love to hang out in the Poly lobby. It is just such a tranquil atmosphere! DD and I decided to head to the lobby for a bit before dinner so she can meet some kids and take some hula lessons! It was too chilly for the pool and DH wanted to rest a bit.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008717.jpg
After we got ready for dinner and took the beautiful stroll to the GF for 1900 Park Faire.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008733.jpg

The Grand Floridian is totally magical at Christmas. The lovely Christmas tree, the gingerbread house and the live music that filters through the lobby. I love to visit there during our trips, but Christmas time is incredible!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008736.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008743.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008746.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008751.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008754.jpg

The GF is a must at Christmas. We were having dinner that night there but we walked over to the GF many times during our trip to take in the lobby. They also have a Photopass Photog there t take a great family pic in front of the tree in the lobby!

After quite a long wait we finally got seated for dinner at 1900 Park Faire. Apparently, there was a large group that they could not get to leave their tables. A lot of us were waiting and you could tell that tensions were running high. Finally, a gentleman who was waiting with his family of two toddlers inquired to speak with a manager and then a bunch of important looking CMs were huddling together to figure out what to do. :confused3 It seems like they finally had to have someone go over and tell the group that they had to turn over the table. The group seemed put out...but come to find out later from our server, they had 27 people and they were there some two hours! How rude is that! We were starving by the time we were seated! :rolleyes:

BreezysMom
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
So we were finally seated and had a wonderful server. He was quick to get us our beverages and sent us to the buffet for dinner. I do have to say that the food was not as good as our first visit the year before, but not unedible. The whole experience for us is about the Step Sisters! They are awesome and they did not disappoint this trip either!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008759.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008760.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008765.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008772.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008773.jpg

After a nice dinner we took a walk around the GF. It was a chilly night but fitting with all the holiday decor. Breezy was really quiet and seemed tired throughout dinner so we decided to head back to the Poly and hang out on our room balcony and watch the EWP.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008778.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008781.jpg

We all crawled into bed that night totally exhausted. We had been there for a week now and we needed a good night sleep! But DD could not get comfortable in bed and kept tossing and turning. She finally asked me to lay with her so I did. Once I laid down next to her I could feel the heat that was radiating off of her :eek: I went and got the thermometer that I brought and took her temp. Sure enough she had a fever of 103.5 :scared1:

I could not believe it! The poor little thing was so miserable. I quickly gave her tylenol and at that point DH and I knew that the next day, our last full day, we would be spending it in the room!

I was so sad DD was sick, but like our first trip, there was really no place I would rather be stranded! We had breakfast in the room and I went for a walk around the property while DH tended to DD. We kept up on the tylenol and she seemed to be doing ok. No other symptoms but the fever.:sick: We had tickets to go to our second MVMCP that night but there was no way that we were going to be able to go!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008904.jpg

We spent the morning in the room and then we got a frantic call for my MIL. DH nephew was in an accident and not doing well...I could not believe what was happening! I told DH to pack and I went to the front desk to see what we could do about getting home today rather than the next evening.

The CM at the front desk could not have been nicer. She refunded the party tickets and told me as soon as I found out about our new flights that they would get us to the airport.

Too bad United was not as nice. First they had no flights available, then they had one, but it would cost us $800 per person one way! :headache: And it was leaving in an hour. They had the worst customer service people I have ever spoken to! Of course, I am sure I was not my usual pleasant self when I was talking to them. :rolleyes1 So here we were, our suitcases packed. DD seemed to be doing better. DH was off the wall bonkers with worry and I was a mixture of stressed and angry!

I went back down to the desk to tell Jessica, the best CM in the world that we were staying. I explained the whole airline situation and everything and I just started to cry. The poor girl was so sweet. She had me wait a minute and then she came back and handed me a room key. She said since you are packed up anyway, I will just have bell services pick up your luggage and you can spend your last night in a room in Hawaii with a lagoon view. At first I declined, but she convinced me...we were room bound anyway so why not have one of the best rooms in the resort! I hugged her and thanked her and went to go tell DH and DD. While is was a nice jester, I think it was really hard for us to appreciate the gift we were given. :flower3:

To be honest, we were in such a daze I do not remember a lot of details of that last night. We moved over to Hawaii. DD's fever broke and MIL called to say our nephew was much improved. Thank goodness, we wanted to try and salavge the last 24 hours of our time at Disney! We hung out in the room all day and then in the evening enjoyed the lounge and the beach!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008834.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008836.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008838.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008837.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008840.jpg

After getting some fresh air we went back to the room to find the wonderful turndown service. The view was fabulous...for some reason I did not take any pics.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008853.jpg
We all laid in bed and watched the fireworks. It really was a wonderful experience but we were full of anxiety and really just wanted to be home with the family! By the way, our nephew is just fine. All is good and he started college this fall!

Up next our last day...

BreezysMom
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
So after a restless night sleep we woke up in our room in Hawaii and DD did not have a fever. We had a breakfast ADR at 'Ohana and decided to go since DD was fever free! I love breakfast at 'Ohana. Stitch is such a blast!

The breakfast is quite good and while I do think they rush you a bit, it is fun for kids and adults alike!

We saw Lilo, Stitch and Pluto quickly but Mickey was no where to be found! DH was done, done, done with character meals! He was a bit crabby by this time and I just wanted to get our luggage checked in so we could try and spend an hour or two at MK before ME picked us up!

Our Cousin (server) really wanted us to wait for Mickey but we told her we needed to go. We had been there about 70 minutes already and had finished our meal. As we were leaving Mickey was chasing us down....the server must have gotten him for us. I was very thankful to her.:lovestruc

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008872.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008874.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008879.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008889.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008895.jpg

We got our luggage checked in and stored our carry on stuff with bell services and headed to the MK for a last ride on Space Mountain! Of course by the time we were there the stand by wait time was a hour. A CM must of overheard me explain to DD that we did not have enough time and next thing I knew, she handed us two fast passes. pixiedust:

The last 24 hours of our trip the wonderful CMs at Disney World proved to us just how magical a place Disney really was!

So DD and I rode SM and then we took a last stroll around so we could go back to catch our ME bus.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008914.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008906.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008937.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008943.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008942.jpg

We said goodbye to Main Street and the Magic Kingdom. It was time to go home. We had no plans to come back so it was bitter sweet. It was a wonderfully magical trip. Despite the last few days of tension mixed with pixie dust we had a wonderful vacation!

We waited for ME, which was very late...DD started to decline rapidly. Despite being sick she was a angel :littleangel:. No complaining or whining at all. But that was all changing. She wanted to go home and so did I. :sad2:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008946.jpg Waiting for ME, DD was not so happy!

We finally got to the airport and rushed to our gate only to find out that our flight was delayed and was not leaving for another 5 hours!!! The flight information screens did not reflect that information but instead we found this out after finally getting to the gate. Our gate was in an area of the airport that was under construction and not air conditioned. We were miserable! :headache: I think out pixie dust was over.

After waiting about 3 hours with no updates a gate agent finally showed their face and made an announcement about our flight, that we would be leaving in about an hour. It was the first bit of info anyone at United gave us! We even called United twice and no one would tell us anything! It was frustrating. :furious:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/disneyworld2008947.jpg

DD was not doing well by this time. Her fever spiked back up and she looked horrible. We finally got on the plane and took off to Chicago! It was miserable at home, cold and sleeting! Welcome back!:rolleyes:

Sadly, DD did end up hospitalized the next day after we got home for her fever and dehydration! She ended up not going back to school until after the first of the year when school resumed from holiday break!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%206/001.jpg Poor little thing! She thankfully recovered by Christmas! :santa:

So that was our second trip of a lifetime! While it ended not so good, we still have wonderful memories! That was supposed to be the last trip for at least three years ;)

In February I had to have a unexpected hysterectomy...I am only 36 so it hit me hard. I think DH told me to start planning a trip for Sept. to keep me from going into rapid depression so I did just that. But then we were not sure if I would be up for traveling by then so I canceled the trip outright. I started to feel better and then a 40% code was delivered to my e-mail box. The docs said go for it so we rebooked for October. DH and I decided we had to stay CL after our small taste in December!

So now we are about three weeks away from our THIRD trip of a lifetime! We are going to celebrate our anniversary, DH's 40th and my health! :cheer2:

Thanks for sharing our trip with me! :grouphug:

Stay tuned! I am going to finalize my PTR and get ready to celebrate Halloween with Mickey! :banana:

BreezysMom
10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
October PTR.....

I went to the mall today to get some Clinique...it is bonus time at Macys and Von Maur so I was able to get some travel size of my regular products as well as some new makeup :thumbsup2

I said I was not going to do it but I bought a bunch of new clothes! :headache: I got some great deals though. I am so confused about the weather. It seems pretty warm there now so who knows what it is going to be like in three weeks.

When we went for our first trip it was so warm and in December the weather was all over the place so I am mostly going to have to find a happy medium. I will plan for layering like we did in December. I am so frustrated by my suitcase limitations!!! Stupid airlines! :rolleyes:

I also went to the Disney store and picked up some more things for DD's in room surprise. I am really disappointed at the merchandise there these days. They do not carry socks and underwear like they used to and hardly have any clothing anymore. The PJ's were aweful. Such a shame. They had costumes galore though!

This weekend we are going to pull down the suitcases from the attic so I can air them out in the fresh air for a bit. I also promised DD that we would decorate the house for Halloween so we will do that this weekend as well. Things seem to be coming together. Two of the three of us have our flu shots (DH is the holdout) and I only have to buy a few more things for the trip. I also have to call and get an appointment for my pre trip mani and pedi:cloud9:

I am getting excited, but happily busy with everyday things to keep myself from jumping out of my skin :yay::yay::yay:

Three more weeks! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

beyondblessed
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi - I stumbled upon your TR on one of the Poly boards. Your daughter is gorgeous and I'm in love with her Poly-Lilo dress. How perfect!!! I'm subscribing and can't wait to read more. Got my Poly fix for awhile too...thanks for posting all the pics! :lovestruc

BreezysMom
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi - I stumbled upon your TR on one of the Poly boards. Your daughter is gorgeous and I'm in love with her Poly-Lilo dress. How perfect!!! I'm subscribing and can't wait to read more. Got my Poly fix for awhile too...thanks for posting all the pics! :lovestruc

Thanks! I am looking forward to this trip so much!

I loved our December Poly trip. I am trying to convince DH to go for Christmas in 2010. I would love to spend the actual holidays at the world.:santa: But I might have to try the GF for that trip.

We got DD that dress in the Poly gift shop on our first trip so I was pleased she got to use it for both trips!

I checked our your PTR! You and I have a lot of similarities in our lives.

Have fun planning, you are in the home stretch! :cheer2:

BreezysMom
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
October PTR....

The suitcases are out! The house is decorated for Halloween and all my lists are updated! I feel like we are making headway.

It is freezing here in Chicagoland :rolleyes: I really find it annoying to have to wear a winter coat and gloves so early in the year! DD's soccer game yesterday was miserable.

We passed the scare of DDs high fever midweek!:scared1: We think it might have been a reaction to the flu shot. Even though it is a dead virus, sometimes your body detects a "invasion" and fights it with a fever. I am thankful it was just a 24 hour thing!

So I am monitoring the weather, but I take Florida weather forecasts with a grain of salt. I just want to know how much cooler weather stuff to bring. The shorts and t shirts are easy...it is the jeans and sweatshirts that take up space and are heavy!

My box that I am sending is all packed up. I will send it the Friday before we leave. It is full of little surprises for DD, some toiletries and the Purex 3-1 sheets and other things. The box should cost about $10-15 to send. Worth it to me...;)

Still having to deal with some doctor visits for myself and other little life annoyances, but thankfully I have a vacation soon so that stuff won't bring me down.

It is really coming soon! :banana:

Stefy
10-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Glad everything is coming along and that DD is fighting fit :)

Your two weeks are going to breeze past and before you know it you are there :)

Tinkerbellie16
10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
OMG! I've been traveling for business and finally got a chance to read up on the thread. I can't believe what happened and am so sorry about it. It sounds like your DD is good and not worse for the wear but how is your nephew? Of course, you might have mentioned it and I apologize if you did but maybe I can't see it with my watery eyes (I'm upset just READING about your experience!)

BreezysMom
10-14-2009, 07:11 AM
OMG! I've been traveling for business and finally got a chance to read up on the thread. I can't believe what happened and am so sorry about it. It sounds like your DD is good and not worse for the wear but how is your nephew? Of course, you might have mentioned it and I apologize if you did but maybe I can't see it with my watery eyes (I'm upset just READING about your experience!)

Thanks Tink...Breezy did recover and nephew started college in the fall and is doing great.

I am sooooo looking forward to this trip for many reasons. Today I am starting to get things organized and take care of certain errands. We usually leave on a Sunday, but this time we are leaving on a Wednesday so I feel I like I have less time to get stuff together between work, kiddo stuff and other annoying obligations :rolleyes:

I heard you guys are well into winter there! Stay safe!

BreezysMom
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
WOW, it is really almost time!!!

The suitcases are sitting in the front hallway. I have been waiting for a nice sunny day to air them out but it has been nothing but rain and cold here :headache: But the bright side is we are heading to sunny Florida soon! :sunny:

Today I finished the last of the toiletries shopping. We have a busy weeks ahead which is good as it will help the days pass.

I don't think I ever really listed our plans...or lack there of. This is what we have scheduled

Wed 10/28
Arrive at the Poly early evening. After checking in we will have a bite to eat and then head to the MK for Spectro and Wishes. We like to see Wishes in the park early in the trip and then enjoy them from the Poly the rest of the trip. The park closes at 9 that night so we will head back to the resort after Wishes. Hopefully our luggage will have arrived and I will unpack and get our room all set and retire early!

Thur 10/29- We will do ropedrop at MK.
It is EMH, so since we will most likely be up early we will head over there. We like to experience MK rope drop early in the trip as well. We have a 10:20ADR at CRT and then back to the Poly to rest before MNSSHP that night! DD has an appointment at the Pirate League at 4pm so she will be a pirate at the party pirate:

Fri 10/30- Who knows what park?? Maybe DHS. We will be tired from the party so that morning will be a slow one!! That evening we will do the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show and then enjoy Wishes from the Poly beach!

Sat 10/31- Happy Halloween
We will head to DAK this day for our first time and do the Wildlife Excursion!
Who knows what we will do in the evening. I guess we will find out what activities are available when we get to the Poly.

Sun 11/1- Most likely half day at MK or DHS and then the resort for pool and relaxing. Dinner at GF Cafe
** We may do a second MNSSHP if tickets are still available**

Mon 11/2 Epcot

Tues 11/3 ??park
Early ADR at Ohana

Wed 11/4 ??park
Our flight leaves at 5pm so we will probably need to head to the airport about 2pm. We usually do MK the last day but may do Epcot instead!

I suscribed to TGM, so I have his suggestions and we will use them as a guide. We were going to do a Pirate and Pals Cruise but then we decided it seemed like not such a great plan since we get to enjoy fireworks from the Poly beach. I would rather spend the money somewhere else!

I am hoping we will be able to do the second party on 11/1 but we will see if they sell out :confused3 We may get to do everything we want at the first party.

I have so many great things planned for DD and DH. In room surprises and cakes! We are celebrating our anniversary and DHs 40th among other things! :dance3:

I will start packing next Friday. I still need to set up my mani and Pedi appointments :headache: It has been a rough week at work so hopefully next week will be a bit calmer.

Oh and lets not forget the Miley Cyrus Concert the night before we leave. Funny thing is DD could really care less :confused3 She will love it when she is there. It is her first concert ever!

I am sure I will have more to say this weekend...

Oh and then there is the June trip we may be planning due to the 40% PIN we got today :cool1:

Happy Weekend :love:

cottontail
10-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Hello:

I have enjoyed reading your trip reports. We also love the poly, it seems to calm us and take away any worries we may have had for the time being. Your daughter will have great memories of fantastic trips.

You are so lucky to receive pins with the 40% off. I have been to wdw 8 times, first time in 1991 when our kids were young and recently two years ago but never received a pin offer.

Have a great time,

Debbie.

Tinkerbellie16
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Am jealous of all you 'pin receivers'!! :)
Have SO MUCH FUN next week!! I'm living vicariously through you :rotfl:

BreezysMom
10-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Rain, rain, rain and cold, cold, cold :sad2:

This is what we have been enjoying the last few weeks here in lovely Chicago! But when you are planning a trip to Disney in a few days it does not seem to bother me too much :rolleyes:

The irony is my 12 hour work day seems to go so S-L-O-W...but my days off seem to be over in a instant and nothing seems accomplished :rolleyes1

Today is a non work day and I have tons to do. Little errands that don't take too much time but need to be done nonetheless. I packed up my box of goodies and toiletries last night and it is getting shipped today to the Poly. I wish I could shove myself in it! :lmao:

The suitcases will get opened on Sunday and we will start the packing process! DD loves to pack herself but she would put everything she owned in the suitcase...so she needs a little guidance.

We are crazy with social events this weekend so I am hoping to get things done in between and then working a 12 hour shift on Monday and then Tuesday will be my marathon day!

I am planning on tweeting during the trip and I will post a link before I leave Wednesday!

Thanks for sharing my planning with me! I look forward to coming back and sharing our vacation :grouphug:

BreezysMom
10-24-2009, 01:22 PM
October PTR.....

4 days and counting! :cool1:

I am surprisingly not frantic getting ready for this trip. As a matter of fact, I have just been relaxing most of today!:surfweb: I hope that does not come back to haunt me???:headache: It is nice not to worry about what Longhouse and knowing information about the resort...I think it alleviates some of the pre trip stress. The weather forecast does not seem to alarming but after two trips I think I have a handle on what to pack. Layering is the key! I know I will be doing laundry and I am ok with that!

I am one of those people that wants to have my house perfectly clean and organized when I walk out the door on vacation because when I come home, I want to come home to a clean house :thumbsup2 But while I will clean and all that...I am not going so gangbusters before this trip! I will clean a bit tomorrow...but it is time to start packing. :banana:

I shipped a box yesterday with some special treats for DD. I also included most of our toiletries and bleach wipes and laundry soap. It is really nice not to have to worry about all that junk. Most of it is disposable, meaning it will not be coming back with us, except for DD's treats!

The Poly IPO is picking up some things for me for DD to have in the room upon our arrival. I have been really pleased with the service so far! There have been some positive reviews lately so that is great to hear.

We are planning a trip for early June and while I was thinking of trying the GF, I think we are going to do a split stay at the Poly and then an Epcot resort. While we are there we are going to check them out. Right now it is between BC and BWI. I hesitate straying from the Poly completely! :love:

I did set up a Twitter account so I can do some live reports during my trip...the link is in my siggy. The tweets are pretty basic now, I am just testing it out from my cell phone but plan on utilizing it plenty during our trip!

1971DBday
11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
The next day...day 5 of our trip, we decided to finally check out DHS. Our plan was to take our time getting there...I was not sure if DD would do well on RNRC and knew TOT was not going to happen! When we woke up it looked really ominous out. We ordered some breakfast to the room and had a nice slow morning. Our past experience was that these rainstorms usually came through quickly...:rolleyes1

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008488.jpg

This day was not the case! After waiting a while in our room for the storm to pass we decided to put our raingear on and head to the bus stop. With any luck the rain would stop and the park may have fewer crowds! Oh boy...we were soooo wrong :confused3 While on the bus the rain shower turned into a monsoon! The poor bus driver could hardly see.

So here we are, a horrible rain shower and had no clue about how DHS was laid out or where to go. We were soaking despite our ponchos because the rain literally was coming back at us from the cement! :boat: To sum it up we were soaked down to our underwear and miserable!:sad2:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008495.jpg

We decided to check out some of the stores and figure out where we were at and how to get where we wanted to go. Our plan was to try and get to TSM, but really, it was like noon at this point. The Fast passes were most likely gone two hours before! This plan was seemingly not working as we flet like we were going in circles!

We ended up starting to chat with a CM at one of the shops. This is one CM I wish I would have remembered her name because she was a doll. We were telling her that we were planning on bailing on DHS, the rain was too much and we had no clue where to go and so forth. She begged us not to leave and gave us some advice...she gave us directions to the Great Movie Ride and a CS place for lunch. We followed her instructions, we ate some lunch, I don't really remember the name of the CS place, and then headed to the great movie ride. It was still pouring when we entered the ride! But magically, to our delight as we walked out after the Great Movie Ride, the sun started to fight its way through the clouds and almost instantly it turned into a beautiful day! :sunny:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008517.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008534.jpg
So after seeing Lights, Motor, Action...which DD and DH loved. I enjoyed soaking up some sun to try and dry off! I thankfully had my ShamWow sheets to dry off the bleachers! :lmao: I strongly suggest one in your backpack for situations like this :thumbsup2

Finally, DD decided she wants to ride RNRC! Oh yea! Mom is so excited :eek:...not really into looping coasters, but hey...it is Disney World. I don't want DD to miss a thing!

She LOVED it and so did I! :banana:

It was a great coaster...so great that we rode it three times that day!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008536.jpg

We throughly enjoyed our day and as I expected DD was not interested into riding TOT! Mom was happy:thumbsup2 We saw Indiana Jones and rode Star Tours...all the things DH loves. DHS was a hit!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/teriboc/Day%205/disneyworld2008543.jpg

After all these wonderful things it was time to get a snack and head to The Streets of America so we can see the lighting of the Osbourn Lights!

Up next...one of the most magical site I have ever seen!

I swear we were at DHS the same exact day. If I recall was this the 1st week in December?? This is our 4th year in a row. We were at Indiana Jones when they cancelled the show due to the storm. My DH and DSIL decided we could make a run for it because we had lunch at Teppan Edo. Boy was that a mistake! We got soaked. My poor DS was the only one in gym shoes and they were so soggy. We finally found some shelter, but we were fighting to stay in a corner that was soon flooding. We made it to dinner - but again soaked!

ladybugmom
11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi!! I found your PTR on the Poly thread and just finished reading all of it!! We stayed at the Poly in May and will be staying there again this next May--we too have fallen in love with the Poly!! :lovestruc I can't wait to read your TR!!

BreezysMom
11-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Here it is! I finally started my TR

Come look! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34257986#post34257986)

ols386
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I just finished reading and looking at all your photos from your trip to WDW in Dec. of 2008, I think.

Your family is just adorable. You all look so happy together. So sorry your dd was ill. Kids are amazing, aren't they...they can usually bounce back so quickly.

Thanks for sharing.....we are going to WDW on December 9, and staying at the Poly. We've not stayed there before, and after seeing your photos, are so looking forward to it.

BreezysMom
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Have a great time! We really enjoyed our holiday stay at the Poly! They had all this great Holiday Hawaiian music piped throughout the resort and the poinsettas placed throughtout the waterfall foilage was just beautiful!:santa:

Make sure you come back and give us a full report on the Poly thread! :flower3: