PDA

View Full Version : What's best out of the All Star Pop and Movies resorts?

willstewart
08-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Been looking through the Disney and Virgin Holidays sites and Disney seem to have no availabilty in January 2010 for the All Star Music resort, only the Pop at 500-600+ for 12 days and Movies at something like 822.
Virgin Holidays have availabilty in the All Star Sports and the Movies, with the movies being around 200+ more.

Is it just a matter of the recognisable character models around the place that make the movies more expensive?

And which resort, overall, is better? Really need to book something before they all start to vanish.
(Will most likely have a hire car so the problems with buses being full won't bother me that much if I use it to park hop)

gemmybear83
08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
I think Movies is more expensive because of the theming - there is no difference in the quality of the rooms etc so I wouldnt pay the extra 200. We stayed at Pop last year and loved it, we chose that over the All Stars as the hotel is newer (opened in 2004) (although I believe some of the All Stars has been refurbished), and only has one bus stop where the All Stars tend to share buses making them more crowded. I also think Pop is in a slightly more central location that All Stars.

But I don't think you can go wrong with any of them :goodvibes

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
08-30-2009, 11:18 AM
I think I have seen mentioned before that the price difference is caused by the areas they are built in coming under different counties. The taxes in the "All Stars" area are dearer than where Pop is built, and so even though Pop is newer, All Stars cost more!

Rooms size and facilitiesa are exactly the same!

disney_princess_85
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I think the general concensus is that Pop is better, perhaps due to the better bus system. I stayed at Pop last year and I loved it! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :)

FloridaSam
08-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Another vote for Pop here. We loved the theming of ASMo but the bus setup put us off going there again.

Sam

CHRIS F
08-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Another vote for PoP, stayed there in 2006 and Feb this year, it is newer and I hate to say this IMHO nicer, All Stars were our normal location have stayed there 6/7 times so were surprised we preferred pop as my family hate change! We visited All Stars on both occassions just to have a look around etc and ok really sad because we have so many good memories there, but came away both times saying glad we are PoP.