PDA

View Full Version : wait- so I get to book my dining the same day the park hours come out??

robinbutterfly
08-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Am i understanding this correctly? The same day the park hours come out is the same day I can book for dining? Ugh! I usually like to plan ahead of time which parks we are going to on each day and book my dining based on that.
Is it fair to say that 2010 hours will be the same as 2009, or should I not assume that?

PrincessTiffany
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
The 2010 parks hours will not be the same as the 2009 park hours.

TillyMarigold
08-30-2009, 12:46 AM
No, in theory the park hours should always be available for the current month plus the next 3 or 6 months out (it's supposed to change back to 6 months when the 180 day booking window goes back into effect). So unless you're arriving in the first few days of the month, the hours *should* be released before you need to book.

That said, I booked my reservations on June 7 for arrival on September 5, and only the Magic Kingdom's and Epcot's hours had been released at that point.

Looks like you're arriving mid-December. December hours should be released early in September and you can book 90 days before your arrival, so you should have an overlap of at least a week or so after the hours but before you can book.

robinbutterfly
08-30-2009, 07:51 AM
We are going mid-January.

TillyMarigold
08-30-2009, 11:34 AM
We are going mid-January.
Then park hours should be out sometime around October 1 or shortly thereafter, and you can make your reservations mid-October.

mom of princessx2
08-30-2009, 12:02 PM
In all honesty, park hours are exactly the same for our upcoming trip as they were when we went in 2007. My upcoming trip week is 1/2 Nov and 1/2 Dec so I don't know Dec hours yet but Nov is exactly the same even down to which days are EMH and which days have the MVMCP. I think they vary a bit but not much.

Belle1997
08-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I am just having a terible time. Seriously I have spent hours trying to guess what the hours will be for December 1st on. Tommorrow is my 90 days since I arrive on NOv 30 and still no December hours. This planning has made my head hurt.

robinbutterfly
08-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't get why they are making this so difficult for us! There is no reason for them not to post the park hours in advance!

JenniD44
08-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Well I am just having a terible time. Seriously I have spent hours trying to guess what the hours will be for December 1st on. Tommorrow is my 90 days since I arrive on NOv 30 and still no December hours. This planning has made my head hurt.

I'm with you. We arrive at Disney on Nov. 28, so today was our 90 mark and still no December hours. I talked to my TA and still no Fantasmic times either. I just tried to book what I thought would work. Hopefully I guessed well, because I got all the places I wanted. Some of the times aren't the best, but we got everything.:woohoo: