PDA

View Full Version : Requests granted?

howlongtillsummer?
08-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Of those of you who have added a room request eg top floor, pool view etc etc etc, has anyone got all they wished for? Or anyone got nothing at all? Interested in your stories....

Danauk
08-29-2009, 02:34 PM
We have always had our requests granted at WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. Our requests are never too specific, just pool view, lake view etc.

Mrs Dazzle
08-29-2009, 03:18 PM
We tend to be lucky and mostly get our requests met, even if we've paid rock bottom price.

If the hotel is part of a chain, it never hurts to join their loyalty club; this often means you get put on a floor with specific rooms for them - we always do with Sheraton and Marriott group hotels.

I always email or fax over an extremely polite request, if possible, to have a quiet room (I always ask for a quiet room away from any discos, elevators, stairwells or ice machines:headache: - hate noise:rolleyes1) and 9/10 we've not had any of this:thumbsup2

It never hurts to ask, just be polite and don't expect is my motto.

howlongtillsummer?
08-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, I don't expect to get them. If I do it will be a bonus!

BoingBoingBaggie
08-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, I have just got off the phone from Port Orleans Riverside Resort front desk where I requested Top floor of Building 14 or Top Floor of Building 18. The very pleasant CM advised us that while they would take our request, they could not promise to fulfill our request but would do there best.

We will see in five days. :thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup 2

Howellsy
08-30-2009, 01:38 PM
If you don't get your requests at check-in, remind the CM of them again and they will look for a different room. We were put it in a room really out of the way at the CBR resort last year, when he told us our room number I asked if he had anything closer to the food court and he just said sure, and changed it :goodvibes My mum tells me that she didn the same thing at Pop last month, and got exactly the room she asked for even though it was a lot (Building 6, top floor, corner, lake view)!