PDA

View Full Version : anyone done the math

reducereuserecycle
08-29-2009, 11:32 AM
has anyone taken the average prices and tried to figue out how much you pay for each snack, CS, and TS in the DDP?

what got me thinking was i was thinking of so freely going to CRT or CG or using room service...all for 2TS credits....then i started thinking about the fact that we are paying for the dining plan.

PrincessTrisha
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM
has anyone taken the average prices and tried to figue out how much you pay for each snack, CS, and TS in the DDP?

what got me thinking was i was thinking of so freely going to CRT or CG or using room service...all for 2TS credits....then i started thinking about the fact that we are paying for the dining plan.

CRT and room service both include the gratuity when using TS credits - something most people don't take into consideration. This means that you are not paying oop 18% of the bill because it's covered.

Faldred
08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
The general rule of thumb I use is that a snack credit is worth $3, a CS credit is worth $12, and a TS credit is worth $25, using 2005 prices. That works for the QSDP and basic DDP.

A deluxe meal credit is worth $22, if snacks are worth $3, so either deluxe is a better deal, or there is some presumption that some deluxe meal credits will be used for CS.