PDA

View Full Version : I need one signature restaurant!

onemaybaby
08-28-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, I did a search but could not find it. I want to book one more signature dining experience, and don't know which one to choose. I have Yachtsman already. My DH and I don't eat alot of fish or seafood, although on occasion we will have salmon or halibut. We are not picky eaters, but some of those "fancy" words they put on the menu (I have no idea what smoked pork belly is) tend to steer me away. Which do you think is the best to choose?

mom2val
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
California Grille- great food and the fireworks view is amazing!

Gregowa
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
The Hollywood Brown Derby is DH and my favorite signature restaurant! We have never had a bad dining experience there. The meal is always perfect in every way! We especially love the Cobb salad for 2 as an appetizer. I hope you will give it a try!

ehrn
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I do not like fish at all, but dh does. I picked Flying Fish because the non-fish items sound really good and I do plan to tell the server my preferences. I have a friend who works in Food Service and he recommended FF, Citricos or the California Grill. I'm really excited to try this place. Have you checked the menus on allears.net--though they may change between now and your trip, gives you an idea.

eventamy
08-28-2009, 10:46 PM
My first choice for a signature is Flying Fish and there are non-seafood choices, my 2nd choice would be Jiko.

Hootch
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
would be one. Artist Point has a western style of cuisine and might work for you.

BTW - pork belly is the part of the pig most often used for bacon or pancetta. It would have to be cured for either of those.

Here is a link for menus

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm#resorts

laughinplace199
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
We love Cal Grill and Jiko.

Missytara
09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Also, Bistro de Paris - there is a dress code and there is no child's menu!

I also love Cali Grill; I sit at the bar and have dessert during the fireworks. It is breathtaking.

cindycastle30
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
We just ate dinner at Narcoossee's this past Saturday and it was amazing. My husband does not eat seafood and even he agreed that it was the best meal of the trip. The tenderloin was amazing and the lobster tail was great. I made him get the surf and turf so I could have his lobster and I gave him one of my steaks. We had a 9:30 dinner reservation and Wishes was at 10. They dim the lights and pipe in the music, you can also go outside to watch the fireworks.