PDA

View Full Version : What reminds you of your WDW holidays

tinks_1989
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
So I thought this would be some thing nice to read and for us all to share.

I want to know what reminds you of WDW or just Florida itself

Walking to work today I was thinking of the smell of a fresh Florida morning (how much better it is then the seaweed I could smell YUCK!) when you wake up to go out to get breakfast I dont know how to describe that smell but I just love it :D

Lisa x
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
So true, Florida just has a smell like no other, as soon as we step off the plane, we fill our lungs (and try to ignore the aircraft fuel smells....:rotfl:) and were like...mmmmm...were back!!!! :woohoo:

Also, the smell of cinnamon reminds us of the Christmas shop in MK... love that!!

Food....Oh yes, now thats what Im talkin about!!

So much to do, so many choices, soooooo little time.... I think our employers should extend our 23 for DF and 25 for me holiday entitlement days to double!! Id be in Florida every other month!! :thumbsup2

howlongtillsummer?
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Suncream! I love that smell -- takes me right back!

Lisa x
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Suncream! I love that smell -- takes me right back!

Oh yes....Hawaiian Tropic suncream! We love it, when we had some sun here a couple of months ago that was hot enough for sun cream (for real), we put it on and couldnt stop thinkin of Orlando....so we booked for next year that night....:rotfl:

howlongtillsummer?
08-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a plan!!

Of course reading these boards and looking at online photos is another good way to remember the happy times.

My daughter looks for Florida in everything. For example today we saw a rainbow. "Mummy, do you know what is at the end of the rainbow? ... not what I expected, she said ..."Florida"!!!:)

tinks_1989
08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a plan!!

Of course reading these boards and looking at online photos is another good way to remember the happy times.

My daughter looks for Florida in everything. For example today we saw a rainbow. "Mummy, do you know what is at the end of the rainbow? ... not what I expected, she said ..."Florida"!!!:)

Ah that is so sweet:

I know what you mean though seeing Florida in every thing when we were umming and ahhing about going everything reminded me of the great place

I was walking to work and these two kids had their mickey ears on

there is a house on the way as well that has a huge mickey out side

we were watching tv and every one either mentioned a ride or some where in WDW

but I love watching CNN to remind me of our holiday

Danauk
08-29-2009, 02:37 PM
The smell of ferns in a garden centre reminds me of the Beach Club Villas. Also Florida orange juice reminds me of WDW as we always buy it there to keep in the fridge for breakfast.

My pictures and Disney art work in my house remind me of my trips every day, plus the small totem pole I got fromt he shop at Wilderness Lodge that is on the top of my piano in the lounge.

Head_in_the_clouds
08-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Yesterday I went to the Trafford Centre and they have a Hollister there now. I could smell it before I saw it as they spray the perfume/aftershave on the clothes and all over the shop so you can smell a Hollister about a mile away. When I saw the little surf hut in front of the shop, I threw my arm in front of my mum and said "Stop, breathe in, smell that smell, look at that shop and just pretend for two seconds that we are in the Mall at Millenia!" :rotfl:

tinks_1989
08-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Yesterday I went to the Trafford Centre and they have a Hollister there now. I could smell it before I saw it as they spray the perfume/aftershave on the clothes and all over the shop so you can smell a Hollister about a mile away. When I saw the little surf hut in front of the shop, I threw my arm in front of my mum and said "Stop, breathe in, smell that smell, look at that shop and just pretend for two seconds that we are in the Mall at Millenia!" :rotfl:

Oh yes that is a very nice smell and Abercombe and Finch that is a beautiful smell oh i think i am addicted i need a fix lol

scottishgirl87
08-30-2009, 07:35 AM

Ahhh there's a Hollister there now?! I want to go!!! Even if it is hundreds of miles away, lol. I bet it's like all the American brands that are over here now (A+F, American Apparel etc.) - so much more expensive than over there!

traceycooper
08-30-2009, 11:28 AM
EVERYTHING reminds me of wdw - except the stupid weather!!!
i walk down the street & the lamposts look like MK's, i see a church steeple & i think cindy's castle, i can link just about anything to WDW drives my family mad ;)
oh & i always find hidden mickeys at home :) maybe thats another thread!!

Lisa x
08-30-2009, 11:39 AM

I was in Meadowhall at Sheffield yesterday and exactly the same...Hollister shop that looks and smells like the one in Orlando....just felt like we were there...boo...then realised we were'nt!! :sad2:

Personally I prefer Abercrombie & Fitch....and because that shop is so similar, just made me wana spend DOLLARS and not pounds!!!

scojos
08-30-2009, 12:34 PM
i regularly cook american pancakes for the kids, sometimes even make mickey shaped ones!
we drink all the time out of our goblets that we have collected over the years, resort mugs, tink cups, wcc cocktail glasses, with mickey straws!
yesterday at merry hill i went into the yankee candle shop, just to sniff!!
in primark was looking at black red and white polka dot suitcases, dd said "minnie cases!" - dh groaned as he knew i was going to buy them;)
everything we eat /buy at the mo is from tesco for cc points, ds has no started saying, if i have a snack before bed, is that more cc points??:scared1::rotfl2:
grape juice reminds me of the usa, and reeces chocolates.
merry hill now has an amazing milk shake bar, dh and i shared a reeces milkshake yesterday, just like the one we had at wcc!!
pineapple always reminds me of the spears you get at the dole whip placce (you can buy kids pineapple spears in asda now, i say kids cause they are packaged for lunch boxes...
Yesterday at the disney store the shop assistant was chatting to dd - trying to sell her a lunch box:confused3, ds came over with cards, look mickey - he said, no i said pixar...
wow, says the woman you really know your disney! we started a massive chat about disney bits and pieces, then asked me if i would be interested in applying for 1 of the vacancies they had available!! if i didnt work long hours - it have considered just for the staff reduction!!
Tracy

DizneyDaze
08-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Yesterday I went to the Trafford Centre and they have a Hollister there now. :rotfl:

They have just opened one in Meadowhall as well.

Tink2312
08-30-2009, 01:10 PM
My screensaver, which was taken this March infront of the globe and the Cinderalla topiaries at EPCOT :cloud9:

Palm trees - whenever I see one I think of landing at Orlando and seeing the first one of the holiday :lovestruc

Fireworks - I know that everywhere has fireworks, but I always think of Wishes/ Illuminations when I hear/ see them!!

My Disney music, which I start to play in ernest about 2 months before my next trip :goodvibes

ScotScroogeMcDuck
08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I know this is weird but Sweet Relish! I always have it on any burgers/hotdogs over there and I bought a bottle of it from the Boardwalk the last time we were there - every bite reminds me of being in the Electric Umbrella or the Studios makin my own burger. Gorgeous!

Lizzybear
08-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I buy the powdered ranch dressing over there and use it throughout the year for a little 'USA fix' It's great with potato salad :) Oh and shopping in Costco and the Disney Store :goodvibes

tinks_1989
08-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Im loving every one reminders :D

I love disney and just wish more people shared the love and more people understood how wonderful it is