PDA

View Full Version : Free dining AFTER Dec. 17?

elaine and the boys
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
If free dining runs through Dec. 17, does this mean if you check in by Dec. 17, you get free dining for the length of your stay? And if this is the case, is there a limit as to the number of days you can get free dining? OR, does the free dining actually end on Dec. 17?

The reason I'm asking is because we will be in celebrating Christmas in Disney beginning Dec. 25, and I'm wondering if trying to get ADRs will be especially difficult if free dining is still in effect for some people....and then there's the massive crowds of hungry people during Christmas week, coupled with the fact that we will be staying at the Dolphin and will not be able to use the 90 + 10 rule.

Thanks!

Mickeefan
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
I believe that if you check by 12/17, you may have free dining for the length of your sray. I have friends who are doing just that. However, you may only have 10 days of free dining. I believe that is the limit.

elaine and the boys
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Hmmmmm....that would mean no more free dining after Dec. 27....which is good, I guess, as most of our ADRs fall after that date....except for the big one: CP dinner pkg. on Dec. 26.

Do you think that many/most people traveling (arriving on the 16th or 17th) will leave before Christmas Day? Selfishly, I REALLY want to get to see James Edward Olmos at the CP and I'm hoping I will be able to secure a dinner pkg. ressie to ensure this.:santa:

TDC Nala
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Free dining is good for up to 14 nights. I didnt hear that they changed it for the fall offer but they might have.

elaine and the boys
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
YIKES! That's not good news for me, then! Not only is it the busiest time of the year, but free dining means lots more people will be making table service ADRs during that week. What's a girl to do???

dogodisney
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
We will be arriving on Dec. 17th and staying through the 27th with FD. We booked our trip back in January before the FD offer came out.

clanmcculloch
08-28-2009, 01:33 PM
We arrive December 17 and have free dining for the entire duration of our trip. We check out on December 29 (we're there for 12 nights). The maximum you can book with free dining is 14 nights.

elaine and the boys
08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Okay, so I had to know for sure if it was 10 days or 14, so I called Disney. It's 14 days, so there is possible free dining through Dec. 31 for some. While I'm happy for those who want free dining, I'm hoping they like different restaurants than me!!:lmao:

tigger_ttfn
08-28-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm so glad you asked that question. We just missed FD by two days and didn't even think that my chances of ADR's would still be affected.

We are staying at Pop and will be online bright and early on my 90th day. :surfweb:

elaine and the boys
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
You're lucky to be "on property" so you can make all your ressies on the very first day! While we are very happy to be staying at the Dolphin, we had to give up the 90 +10 option. It's kind of sad because the last time we stayed at the Dolphin, the CM let me book all our ressies on the first day! I guess I'm a little spoiled!!