ddavis860
08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: One load of laundry each day :laundy:

~The Daily Grind~ 8/28/09

It's FRIDAY!!! :dance3:

But I have to work, and work all weekend too...sigh...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

gym http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/Treadmill.gif ? OK, it's a maybe on this one...

365 pic

:laundy:

Dinner... Left overs?

Have a Great Day everyone!!! :teeth:

PrincessNancy96
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Mornin'...

Got a mile long list of required chores.... what's new w/ that!

MUST get done:
cut 3 more paper piecing for Suzanne
cut titles for pages to complete tonight
kit pages for tonight
make sure ribs are cooked for Saturday
make meal for Friday nite for kids and DH as the are gonna watch a movie and enjoy the evening while Mommy takes a night out to scrap w/ a friend
gossip w/ friend about things and scrap.

rlovew
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Debbie- I hope you have a good weekend even working.

Today-
get up early
pack car (it was raining so hard at night I didn't want to do it then)
leave for SDV
scrap (my goal is 100 pages for the weekend)

Rebecca

party of 3
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
is it friday already???
shucks. that means my vacation is almost over.

deb-have a nice weekend. i love that workout smilie!

nan-enjoy your night off with your friend. and what kind of paper piecings are you making? i've seen it on your list for a couple of days. and are your making them for NEE? just nosey!:goodvibes

Rebecca- have a great time. tell everyone Hi from me. 100 pages?? really? holy cow! good for you!

well my list is kinda short for today....

up, dressed, breakfast
niece's dh is dropping off her 3 kids so she can work
entertain 4 under the age of 7
call on dh's truck part.
balance checkbook
dep $ into c.u.
drop off reorder form for checks
print bubba's registration for brickmaster club meeting.

ok that will get me rollin'! have a great friday everyone.

Lisa
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
My to do list today:

Go to SDV!!
Attend photography class
Scrap
scrap
scrap some more
lunch
scrap
scrap
scrap even more
dinner
watch 11:59 shuttle launch

wish you were all here :goodvibes

StitchIsOurHero
08-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Good morning, everyone!!!!!! It's FRIDAY! I'm so glad to see it!! :banana: I feel TONS better today, and my positive attitude is finally back (bet DH'll be glad of that!!)

Deb--hope the weekend's good, even with work!
Nan--enjoy tonight!!
Rebecca--enjoy SDV and tell everyone hello!! Good luck on the 100 pages!
Holly--make the last day of your vacation AWESOME!!!
Lisa--have fun, fun, FUN!!!! We wish we were there, too!! ;)

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Cards for work ready
4. Get outfit for DS
5. Start trying on some vacation clothes (it's quiet because I'm the only one up, so I won't bother anyone!! ;))
6. DS up
7. DS to Mom's
8. Coupon & stuff to Mom's
9. Get my lunch from her--potato soup, YUMMY!!!
10. Work--I AM going to get through my list today (fingers crossed)!!
11. Remind DH to go get my brother & SIL & take them to the airport
12. Pick up DS
13. Get nail polish from mom
14. Fold laundry
15. Wash 3 loads
16. Do a few things on weekend to-do list
17. Walk with DH & DS
18. Leftovers for dinner
19. Work on packing list
20. Week of P365 journaling at work (hoping to be caught up by Labor Day)
21. P365 pic
22. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a FABULOUS Friday!!!

rlovew
08-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Rebecca- have a great time. tell everyone Hi from me. 100 pages?? really? holy cow! good for you!

Last year I did 125 in the weekend and had a class then too- but this year I am going with a lower number since I am leading some make and takes.

Rebecca

DisneyIsTerrific
08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Rebecca and Lisa, have an awesome time! I sure wish I was there too!!!

Holly, good luck with a house full of kids!!!!

Nancy, have fun scrapping with your friend tonight.

It's raining again and will be all day. And, it's Friday. So, I've decided that today will be a "play" day and I'm going to hole up in my scrap room and play with my scrapping stuff! DH is always telling me that I've reverted back to kindergarten because I like to play with scissors, glue, and paper!:rotfl2:

Have a great day everyone!

PrincessNancy96
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Mornin'...been up since 5:20am... change in the noise level in the house awake me... good thing...reason being our power was out... no one seems to know why... so I turned the tv on and laid on the couch til time to get kids rattled... I'm definitely taking a nap this morning..

Holls, not NEE.. Suzanne posted on the scrapping board about her son receiving a Make-A-Wish trip. So, I offered to make her some paper piecings to add to her scrapbook from their trip.

I would like to see some rain.. but our dome seems to be over our county again.. Literally, the storms come and than part and miss our county...

joyah
08-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Let's lee
drop off syrup
dog food
milk
pick up computer

at home
set up computer
drag garbage out of office
clean camper (down to 1 week)
clean kitchen and living room AGAIN

DIT hole up for me too I'm hoping for a rainy day this weekend
Rebecca good gosh that's a lot of pages. I need a weekend like that
Brooke glad your feeling better
Lisa rub it in! hope all of you are having fun
Holly good luck with all of those kids, that's a tough age.
Nancy enjoy the night off you deserve it.
Deb as bad as it seems to have to work weekends be glad you have a job, I'm getting no where fast. Although there are days I love being home.
Have a great friday everyone.

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Oh, I could cry...We have a water leak in the bathroom going down into our kitchen. Good gravy, what is *this* going to cost us. One of PrincessM's friend's dads is a plumber and he's coming over around 9:00 this morning to look at it (and hopefully fix it, we've had to turn the water off). :sad1: I could cry or throw up.

I have to work today, especially since I know this is going to cost a small fortune. Stupid stuff!

party of 3
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM
oh thanks Nan. i sent her a pm. i was not sure what to offer. maybe i can do some of those for her. shoot me a pm (when you get a minute!) on which ones you have done and maybe i can make some too!

Jennifer-that's awful. what's up with that?

thanks everyone. i need all the help i can get with all those kids!

AlexWyattMommy
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
:hug: I think I would do both.

I hope it is an easy fix and it doesn't take long to repair the damage done.

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 08:00 AM
DH noticed a "slight" discoloration on the ceiling in the kitchen late last week, but to be honest, it didn't really register with me. Who knows how long it's been there? PrincessM got up first this morning and yelled upstairs that Daddy had to come down! I knew it was a big deal because of her tone of voice, but thought it was a cat (Alley's nearly 12). It's not gushing, but it's dripping from the bathroom into the kitchen. It's got to be a pipe. Who knows what he'll have to rip out to get to it? Urgh, I'm tired (haven't slept well all week), I can't shower, I need a drink and it's only 8:00 am. AND, I have to spend the whole day at work! Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of beautiful?! Or, why did I marry for love instead of money?! Gotta laugh or I'll cry...

PrincessNancy96
08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
DH noticed a "slight" discoloration on the ceiling in the kitchen late last week, but to be honest, it didn't really register with me. Who knows how long it's been there? PrincessM got up first this morning and yelled upstairs that Daddy had to come down! I knew it was a big deal because of her tone of voice, but thought it was a cat (Alley's nearly 12). It's not gushing, but it's dripping from the bathroom into the kitchen. It's got to be a pipe. Who knows what he'll have to rip out to get to it? Urgh, I'm tired (haven't slept well all week), I can't shower, I need a drink and it's only 8:00 am. AND, I have to spend the whole day at work! Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of beautiful?! Or, why did I marry for love instead of money?! Gotta laugh or I'll cry...

I ask myself this question everyday!!!:rolleyes1

:flower3::hug: I'm so sorry.. hopefully it won't be as bad as you think!

aroyer
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Mornin!

Morgansmom- that's awful! I'm so sorry!
Lisa- y'all have fun!
Holly- Enjoy your last vacation day with Bubba!

coffee
coffee
dressed
DD's hair
DD's lunch
DS dressed
DD to school
make bed
make DS's bed
have DS pick up his room
swish and swipe
shine the sink
change address on drivers license
take give aways to the garage
decide if keeping soap dispensers
2 loads of laundry
clean out purse
attempt to straighten bedroom
twiddle thumbs
mom's for dinner

party of 3
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
i say that exact statement to my bff at least once a week!:rotfl:

AWM-nice to see you. how's things in your world?

AlexWyattMommy
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Getting ready for the first day of school and all the soccer practices have made things quite busy. Thanks for asking. I finally got a chance to shop for Little Bit's birthday gifts. Have to wrap them before he comes home.

Just want you to know, a day hasn't gone by that I don't think about you and hope you are doing as well as you can. :hug:

party of 3
08-28-2009, 09:47 AM
thank you. i appreciate all of your thoughts.

glad to hear that things are good. is today his *real* birthday? and what's he 2nd grade this year?

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
It's the bathroom sink. We're going to have to replace the vanity, sink, and probably floor in the bathroom, as well as parts of the kitchen and laundry room sink :( The plumber is fixing the pipe issues, but we'll have to call someone else to do the construction work (my BIL has his own company, but I don't expect *much* of a discount). :sad1:

joyah
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh Jennifer that's awful. what made it affect some many sinks and stuff? Sounds linke it had to be there a LONG time to make that much of a mess. Makes me glad DH does all that stuff so I only have to supply beer and the pieces he needs

Hang in there you do for an upturn of events.
AWM good to see you again. How'd the jam making go? I'm waiting on apple season for my next attempt

AlexWyattMommy
08-28-2009, 10:12 AM
:hug: I am soo sorry! If we lived closer I would rent my husband out for pizza. He is really good at that stuff. He made our kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities. Made the counter tops in the kitchen to. He's a pretty handy dude to have around. Married for love here too. The Handy Mandy feature is a bonus. :)

Holly, no mine is today. His is Monday. He is in second grade. Early cut off date here. He's one of the oldest in his class.

They won their first game last night. He was pretty excited. He earned some patches for defense and this totally awesome head shot. :)

PrincessNancy96
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
AWM, have your DH grabbed my DH.. or I'll have my DH grab your DH.... they could tackle it together!

Happy Birthday buttercup!!!!

DS13 has had 2 corner kicked, goal headers and the damn thing keeps hitting the damn top crossbar... but boy are those pretty shots.. even the opposing teams have been talking about his header goal attempts... Some girl this past weekend held him on the ground so he couldn't get to the ball, literally had him stradled.. he came up and yellin' at the referee as he is captain and can discuss things.. and he finally told the girl.. keep your hands off me or else... well, she didn't.. she was trying to take the ball up field... he came took the ball and she cried, cause the boy was mean to her...and her mom yelled that the boys were too rough.. your dd is sitting on my son while he is on the ground and my son takes the ball. give me a break..

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Happy Birthday AWM! That's right, it's my sister's b-day too! I better call her. In all the water works, I forgot. :confused3

I called my insurance agent, water damage isn't covered for "maintenance". Ah well, it was worth a try, right?

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh, and I'd gladly rent your DHs for pizza and beer! And, I'd throw in a hotel room too ;)

AlexWyattMommy
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Why isn't water damage covered? It is not the same as flood damage that is a separate rider?

Thanks for the well wishes. The 40's don't seem as bad as I thought they would be.

Joyah, the jam & syrup making went well. The syrup with whipped cream on waffles is the new Sunday favorite. I am hoping that I can find some reasonably priced apples to try making sauce. Would you PM me your directions/recipe?

PrincessNancy96
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Most insurances won't cover water damage unless it's caused by a fire or tornado..
Ours wouldn't cover it either when our water heater broke... they told us we could pay for an additional rider or take care of regular maintaineance.. WHAT? Like I'm gonna expect my pipes every other day for leaks.. how do your regula maintaneance a copper pipe? cut it open to see if there is gunk inside, weld it back together? poke a hole and see how long it takes to make a mess?

joyah
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Jennifer
I'll send him on a road trip anything to have him out of my hair for a day or 2 he built out house and did the bulk of the electrical and plumbing. Just let me know course this should mean that I get to come to so I can play with you and Holly while he works. Will a 25' camper fit in your driveway? or where's the closest campground?

AWM will do I'll have to dig it out. cause it has my notes on it and I just rearranged the cookbook cupboards the other day so that could take a bit. Right now I'm trying to install mom's old desktop in the office and my laptop has been kicked to the scrap desk I need a bigger desk or less stuff:scared1:. I've got the futon up here and that takes up a TON of space. I'm thinking it may go to the playroom in the basement when i do it's major cleaning hopefully next week and I'll just put a chair up here with a small something for the laptop. gotta check out the barn for furniture.
off to argue with a computer I hope you have a great bday.

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I have the smallest driveway ever, but I live across the street from a parking lot ;) We'd sooooo work it out!

DisneyIsTerrific
08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Happy Birthday AWM!!!!!

Jennifer, I'm sorry about the plumbing/bathroom/kitchen problems. That really stinks. :hug:

aroyer
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
:cool1:Happy happy birthday, AWM!:cool1:

joyah
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
yep we'd work it out. well off to the cemetary guess dad's scare this summer reallllllly got to him he went to pick out his head stone yesterday and the guy is coming to the cemetary to check out spacing and what not. I'm feeling the need to go visit MIL anyway. I've never gone to see the stone my mom and husband picked out (don't ask it's a long idiot fil story)

PrincessNancy96
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Christy, it's great that you are going today.... :hug:

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 12:43 PM
My niece was just on TV! I have audio, but no video - here (http://audio.weei.com/m/26084832/d-h-with-betsy-chick-and-dr-andrew-norden.htm).

morgansmom2000
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
My niece was just on TV! I have audio, but no video - here (http://audio.weei.com/m/26084832/d-h-with-betsy-chick-and-dr-andrew-norden.htm).

Certainly put my silly little problems into perspective.

StitchIsOurHero
08-28-2009, 02:45 PM
happy birthday, awm!!!!!

party of 3
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
happy happy birthday AWM!!!!!!

and many more!

party of 3
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Certainly put my silly little problems into perspective.

it sure does!:hug:

joyah
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
yep makes everyones problems VERY small.

It was a rough visit (in more ways than one)and one I will need to make it there more often. My family doesn't visit graves do flowers and that stuff I was just raised that way. the conditions of the flat stones were pathetic covered in dirt and grass clipping why they don't use baggers I don't know.

Need to pull myself together and go get the potatoes out of the garden before the storms hit. and check on the baby i may need to carry him back into the barn

ddavis860
08-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear about the leak!!

We had a huge leak back on the 90's, the water pipe burst on the washer...basement was flooded, and all my crafting stuff was ruined, along with books, vcr tapes, ets. We had Nationwide, and they sent an adjuster out, and we got some money for damages...just not for the busted line...THAT we had to replace out of pocket :confused3

morgansmom2000
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm calling the insurance company directly. I think they will cover some replacement, at least of the ceiling. It's not like I can open the walls and inspect the pipes every freakin' day. The part replacement ($8) and labor ($135) was relatively cheap, it just kills me that he had to punch two holes in the kitchen ceiling to get to it. Ah well, it is what it is, there's nothing I can do about it, and *itching about it doesn't really make me feel any better (okay, it does make me feel a bit better!), so we'll deal.

party of 3
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
so sorry about your leak. and **tching about does make me feel better so **tch away!!!! it stinks that you have holes in your ceiling, but at least it's fixed now.
:hug: