PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

suzycute
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I just read on the boards that this has been extended till the end of October 2009. I rang straight away but the two dates we could make (23 / 24th September) are already fully booked.:sad2:

Maybe someone else will have better luck!!

Lizzybear
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I posted on the other thread but I tried the 2 dates we could do it during our stay (14th and 19th October) and both fully booked, that went mega fast!! Too bad they announce the extension the day i'm back in work after a week off... If it'd even been yesterday I could have called in the morning :headache:

karentan
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
try again. the first CM i spoke to said it was all full for the half dozen or so dates i tried. the second CM got me in no problem :)

suzycute
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for your advice Karentan. I rang DVC membership services first but tried the WDW dining number after I read your post - unfortunately, still no luck - looks like we'll have to try again next year (if they decide to extend it again!). Hope you enjoy yours! :thumbsup2

karentan
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
it took me 2 CMs on the dining line before i got one that actually found me a date. the previous CM told me it was sold out on the dates i enquired about. try again :)

lagunn
08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Do you have to pay for this when booking??

karentan
08-28-2009, 06:06 AM
they take a CC number from you when booking.
just checked my CC online banking and it looks like they've taken the money out.

Stefy
08-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Wow this sounds like it is v popular, I hope they extend it to next year. I would love to go as I love cake and still haven't seen Wishes yet.

Good luck to all trying for this year :)

lagunn
08-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Whooo hooo i have just booked for the 23rd sept...:banana::banana::banana:

suzycute
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Good for you lagunn! I rang twice yesterday and was told 23 September was fully booked!!

lagunn
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Good for you lagunn! I rang twice yesterday and was told 23 September was fully booked!!

I wonder why :confused3 perhaps sometimes they just can't be bothered to look.

Lizzybear
08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
OK, anyone who couldn't get a ressie on their first call try again! I just called back today and got 14th October for 2 adults after being told no availability yesterday :woohoo: I did as someone on the other thread mentioned and asked the CM to check the dining box wasn't ticked and it suddenly became available (was previously told it wasn't) Chocolate covered strawberries here I come :banana:

tinks_1989
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
We are booked as well for Saturday 17th October

orangetiggs
08-28-2009, 03:06 PM
we go tomorrow night so I'm so glad everyone is getting their dates

Will post pics once been

gemmybear83
08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Aaaah really want to try this but worried it will make our private Illuminations dessert party next year for our wedding next year less special. Hopefully they have them next year so we can go as a treat on out honeymoon!

DCLMan
08-28-2009, 03:58 PM
We have booked for the 14th October!!!!

:banana::banana::dance3::dance3:

Dizneemad
08-29-2009, 04:01 AM
I just read on the boards that this has been extended till the end of October 2009. I rang straight away but the two dates we could make (23 / 24th September) are already fully booked.:sad2:

Maybe someone else will have better luck!!

i rang yesterday at 14:00 no room for the 20th but got a party of 8 booked in for the 24th.
How many are in your party as 2 of our party are maybe's but I booked as I know they would struggle to get in later.If they decide not to go I could have room for 2?

suzycute
08-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for your message Dizneemad - what a great forum this is!:disrocks:
DD and I are a party of 2 and if your friends decide not to go, we would certainly be interested - although I'm really puzzled how you got in for a party of 8 the day after I was told it was fully booked - and I rang twice!

If you have read our pre trip report (the psychologist and the agoraphobic go to WDW), you'll see that we are doing many "firsts" this holiday (first BLT stay, first MNSSHP, first Illuminations cruise) and whilst we would love to do the Wishes Dessert Party, it would really be no problem if, in the end, your friends decide they would like to attend. It looks as though this is such a popular event that I wouldn't be surprised if it continued - and therefore we could look forward to doing this for the first time next year!

Many thanks for your kind thoughts - PM me if your spaces become free (we leave on 17th Sept so won't be able to check messages after that) but no worries if you are able to use them!

Enjoy your holiday! :thumbsup2

popsynic
08-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Can I ask what time you have to be there, as I would want to watch Spectro from closer to the parade and then go up for the desserts and fireworks - is this possible?

On my holiday specto is at 8pm and wishes 9pm

Dizneemad
08-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Can I ask what time you have to be there, as I would want to watch Spectro from closer to the parade and then go up for the desserts and fireworks - is this possible?

You can enter 1hr before the fireworks, tables are allocated so no problem if you turn up a little later.

Lizzybear
08-29-2009, 08:21 AM

It's the same for us but we're planning to watch Spectro on the parade route another night, want to make full use of the DP time we've paid for rather than arrive late. I'm sure you could if you wanted though :)

popsynic
08-29-2009, 09:01 AM
It's the same for us but we're planning to watch Spectro on the parade route another night, want to make full use of the DP time we've paid for rather than arrive late. I'm sure you could if you wanted though :)

Good thinking.

I have just booked the wishes desert party now for 6 people on Friday Oct 30 (by the way, cast member said she has plenty of availability for this night!), and will decide nearer the time whether to turn up a little later for it (after Spectro has passed) or see Spectro on another night (although because of schedule this would be hard to do).

Presume If I watched Spectro from the flagpole area where it comes out, then it would have passed by by around 8:15pm, meaning we could be at the Terrace for about 8:20pm, which would be 20 minutes later. Can anyway see if this would be a problem?

popsynic
08-29-2009, 09:41 AM

Good thinking.

I have just booked the wishes desert party now for 6 people on Friday Oct 30 (by the way, cast member said she has plenty of availability for this night!), and will decide nearer the time whether to turn up a little later for it (after Spectro has passed) or see Spectro on another night (although because of schedule this would be hard to do).

Presume If I watched Spectro from the flagpole area where it comes out, then it would have passed by by around 8:15pm, meaning we could be at the Terrace for about 8:20pm, which would be 20 minutes later. Can anyway see if this would be a problem?

Michelle2010
08-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Just called to book for 10th October but was told this date was already full. Tried a couple of other dates without success. Was finally offered the 8th. I didn't realise this would be available because it's an MNSSHP night. The operator said it is probably quieter because of that!

So we're now going to the Halloween Party and Dessert Party on the same night.:cool1: This works out even better than the night I had originally requested!

Thought it might be useful to know DPs can be booked for MNSSHP nights.

fairytale
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with a number of the previous posters, I rang last week and was told October 28h was fully booked, boy was I gutted :sick:

Just rang back today and got the 28th no problem:thumbsup2

My advice is to keep trying.