PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan and Food Fest

mchelle77
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
My DH, DD and I are going the first week in November (last week of the F&WF) and Epcot is the first park we're going to. This is the first time on the DDP and I've heard a lot about those who hoarde their snack credits and have tons left over. I don't want that to happen, but I also don't want to go through them all the first day!

I have about 3-4 things on the menu of the F&WF (OK, 5-6, but those other two are alcohol drinks!), so should I use a bunch of snack credits? My DH can eat, and my DD loves snacks (over TS meals)

Sandisw
08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
One of the reasons that some people end up with so many as they don't use them for things they buy because it is "not worth it". I have even done this a bit.

I now realize that not using them for something I want, even if its not the best value, I end up with a whole bunch of things at the end of the trip that I really don't need and/or want.

So, my feeling is to use them for the things you want and if you run out before the end of the trip, then use your cash to buy things. If you are buying a few things at a time, and something is very inexpensive, then you might want to mix credits and cash, but to save them "just in case" you want something more expensive, does not always work out.

Good luck!

Mr. Pig
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I agree to use them, not hoarde them. We will be there the last week in October and will also be visiting Epcot our first full day. If they still allow it we will be using a lot of snack credits there. We are on the QS DP so we get two snacks a day. We will save a few for a Dole Whip or so on other days but I think it is best to use them when you see something you want or you'll end up using them on those things you don't want at the end.

So my advice is to leave at least one or two aside for later days then let the rest do what they are there for.

aubriee
08-28-2009, 02:31 AM
We used snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival a couple of years ago and what we did was pay cash for anything under $3.00 and snack credits for anything over $3.00. We spent two days snacking around the World Showcase. Just don't make the mistake alot of people do. Be sure to share those items. They don't look very big, but by the time you're half way around, you will be stuffed. The first day my husband and I started on the Canadian side, sharing items as we went, and by the time we got to the American pavillion we were stuffed. When we started, we thought that by sharing between the two of us, that we could easily make it all the way around. NOT!!! It took us two days and even sharing we were still full.