PDA

View Full Version : Villa company...

alibeau
08-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Currently shopping around for a good deal on a villa for either Feb or May 2010.

We have stayed on Formosa Gardens twice and loved the community. The company we used previously (villatorent.net) are booked up for our dates......

I have had a good quote from www.arnavhomes.com & www.formosa-gardens.co.uk (same company) and just wondered if anyone had used them and or knew of them?

Thanks in advance,

Ali :goodvibes

alibeau
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
What a silly mutt I am.......

This villa company also lists it's villas on VR360floridavillas.co.uk....

I'm pretty sure that VR360 has been recommended on here previously?? And so my question is now, has anyone booked through VR360?

JohnnySharp2
08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes Ali, it's essentially the same as www.vr360homes.co.uk (http://www.vr360homes.co.uk)

In my opinion the best site for booking villas, used it many times and always go back for our rentals. It's a very good website and the 360 angled views give an excellent overview of the homes.

If you contact the owner's on here the website admin team get a copy which means information is usually up to date.

alibeau
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Johnny and thanks for your reply.

Do I take it that the villas on this site have been 'vetted' in some way (is that even the right word? :rotfl:).... Or can I be sure that the villa actually exists etc?

BTW I am not questioning your recommendation :goodvibes I just seem to be having a mini panic over booking directly - not sure why, done it a few times previously :confused3

UKDEB
08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
VR360floridavillas.co.uk

www.vr360homes.co.uk (http://www.vr360homes.co.uk)
These are simply hosting sites for individuals to advertise their properties. Other similar, well-populated sites are http://www.vrbo.com/ and http://www.villas2000.com/. There are plenty of others and you'll invariably see the same homes listed on multiple sites. Your contract is with the individual home owner and there's no recourse to the host site. As an example, this is the disclaimer carried on FRbVO:

To the renter there is no charge to use this service. The vacation property owners / managers pay a small annual fee to place details of their vacation rentals on this website (Villas2000 FRbVO).

We are not a real estate agency or property managers, we simply create and list webpages on behalf of villa owners.

To the Owners and Renters:

Villas2000 (formerly Florida Rentals by Villa Owners FRbVO) cannot guarantee the accuracy of any villa listed. The information contained on each villa webpage is provided to us by the villa owner. We have not personally confirmed the details.

It is the sole responsibility of the renter to confirm any information contained within these webpages directly with the villa owner.

Furthermore it is the sole responsibility of the owner to provide such confirmation to the potential renter when requested to do so.

Villas2000 (formerly Florida Rentals by Villa Owners FRbVO) is in no way responsible for the owners. Villas2000 (formerly Florida Rentals by Villa Owners FRbVO) does not accept any responsibility for any misrepresentation given by the owners of the villas advertised on this website.

By using the services of Villas2000 (formerly Florida Rentals by Villa Owners you are hereby agreeing to the terms contained in this disclaimer.

Anyone, be it property owner or renter, who uses this website and the email addresses contained therein to send unsolicited or spam email can face having their advert (if applicable) removed from the website without any refund. We will also consider reporting that person to the relevant internet organisation (www.spamcop.net www.junkemail.org).

Your statutory rights are not affected. Please also read our Privacy Statement.

Like you, we have rented privately many times. I too, though, would be slightly more circumspect in the current climate. My advice is to correspond at length with the owners - I immediately write off any from whom I receive generic responses rather than a willingness to answer my often very specific questions in detail - and, once you've made a selection, speak to them on the phone. That's always put my mind at rest as to their genuineness.

Lisa x
08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Personally, I think the best locations are Formosa Gardens (never stayed there before ha ha but done loads of research and visited the villa we will be staying in for our Wedding/Honeymoon trip in 5 weeks last year)!! And also Windsor Hills, one of the places we are considering buying our own villa....

Good website for them is presidentialvillas.com - some gorgeous homes on there!! :thumbsup2

Also, the owner of the villa we have booked which is also on a website called grandvillasformosa.com, he has sent us numerous emails, changed our dates FOC when we changed our flights, let us visit the villa last October with our friends. Very very genuine and nice couple...also said they would take credit card for our peace of mind!! Defo worth a consideration!!

alibeau
08-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the info Deb, very informative :thumbsup2

So my one final question is.....

Am I any better off booking through a site such as 'presidential villas' or 'villatorent' etc compared to booking direct with an owner?

I was glad to see that the sites you recommended Lisa, both have contact addresses which always makes me feel a bit 'better' than the ones that have no contact details other than a phone no.

Thanks again, I suppose I am feeling a bit wary as we had built up a 'history' with villatorent and I felt I could trust them and now I feel like I am back to square one a little bit :confused3

UKDEB
08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
My belief is that grandvillasformosa and presidentialvillas are one and the same. Furthermore, I believe they are simply individuals with multiple ownership. I don't consider you'd have any assurances. That's not to say they're not legitimate operators, just that, despite the professional appearance of the websites, they're simply owners who have taken on the marketing and management of a few other individually owned villas in addition to their own. I believe they're the owners of the biggest and most individual property on Formosa Gardens. However, my frequent attempts to correspond with them by email in the past has always resulted in the generic and offhand responses which puts me on my guard. I know for a fact that they have taken it upon themselves to market privately owned villas without the agreement of the owners. That said, those villas remain on their websites, so I can only assume that they've since come to an agreement.

orlandothebeagle
08-30-2009, 10:50 AM
housesformouses also but

we stayed here, it was amazing, and we have stayed in many

http://www.floridalakeviewvilla.co.uk/

owner is realy helpfull, south facing, spa,lake villa, brilliant games room.
kiddies fence around pool
It was great, perfect.
Email them and say hi from me!!

Lisa x
08-30-2009, 11:49 AM
My belief is that grandvillasformosa and presidentialvillas are one and the same. Furthermore, I believe they are simply individuals with multiple ownership. I don't consider you'd have any assurances. That's not to say they're not legitimate operators, just that, despite the professional appearance of the websites, they're simply owners who have taken on the marketing and management of a few other individually owned villas in addition to their own. I believe they're the owners of the biggest and most individual property on Formosa Gardens. However, my frequent attempts to correspond with them by email in the past has always resulted in the generic and offhand responses which puts me on my guard. I know for a fact that they have taken it upon themselves to market privately owned villas without the agreement of the owners. That said, those villas remain on their websites, so I can only assume that they've since come to an agreement.

Yes, you are right, they are one and the same. My personal experience with them so far has been excellent. We have actually booked the said villa which is the biggest and most individual on Formosa Gardens but it is for our wedding so we couldnt go for any other! :cool1:

Last October, we were in contact with the villa owner who happened to be there when we were also in Orlando, he and his wife were more than happy to invite us and our friends around to have a look at their property before we booked. When we got back, we booked, but we booked the wrong dates so he had no problem changing them. We also require another bed in the villa as 2 guests would rather have separate beds so they have arranged for the butler to get another bed into one of the rooms for us.

That said, we have paid our money and not stayed there yet so I can only give my opinion on the experience so far. Our emails are always answered the same day and if our visit is as good as the booking process, I will definately use them and recommend them in the future! :thumbsup2

rosiejo
08-31-2009, 07:36 AM
We stayed in this 3-bed with pool in May 2007 and would definitely go back: http://www.4800cumbrianlakesflorida.co.uk/