PDA

View Full Version : It's all over - not so quick review

Dazed
08-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Had a fantastic time :thumbsup2
FLIGHTS -continental. lovely food, seats ok for economy and good entertainment system. Short delay going over meant we would have missed our connection, but Edinburgh staff had already moved us to later flight -no hassle.
HOTELS -Residence Inn Seaworld -lovely huge clean room again, nice included breakfast
POR -first time. loved it. Corner river view room, great ac, comfy beds. Had telephoned room request but arrived 9.30am, told room ready but was quite far out so asked for Oak Manor again and was changed no problem and room also ready. Good food court.
ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT -fantastic -room also ready at 9.30am.splashed out on club level but worth it with four 'adults'. Good continental breakfast and evening offerings served as a light meal for us on several nights. Boys drank gallons of 'free' cans of coke etc and I had endless lovely coffees and too many nibbles. As usual FOTL wonderful -no queuing in the heat. What's turn down service about? -nice closed curtains and little water bottles but also heaped cushion/pillows in middle of bed with no turning down at all ???
FREE DINING PLAN -Fantastic deal-had paid a little to upgrade to basicDP. OMG far too much food. Best meals Coral Reef and Prime Time. Usually went 'home' for lunch at POR, and took bottled drinks and delumptious cheesecake or carrot cake back to fridge -often was breakfast next morning. broke my heart to leave 4 unused table service meals! -we all just felt over stuffed -I think the heat does cut appetites quite a bit. Most Annoying Event -last night at Disney-11pm -6cs credits still to use. Nobody wanted full meal but needed drinks and maybe dessert -COULDN'T BE DONE! -was told to use cs I had to order full meal. tried to argue the point but seems the system is so inflexilble I would need to order 4 meals and put them straight in the bin in order to get the drink/dessert -I was fizzing but couldn't face wasting the food even though it would be disney's loss and not mine. Never mind, we managed to eat a huge mound of pancakes and syrup next morning instead.
PARKS -We did morning EMH which I thought were ok but certainly not quiet. Got plenty done though with careful fastpassing. Evening EMH were very busy and we soon changed our plans to non EMH parks. Always went 'home' for rest/snooze swim from 11.30 to 4ish to miss worst heat which was intense but not as hard to cope with as I feared. Usually picked up some fast passes and gave to another family on our way out at lunchtime -made my day when this happened to us last year! Wished I'd done my ADRs for a little later -most were around 5ish.

Sorry -much longer than intended. Thanks to all for all the invaluable advice gleaned from these boards. Off to wallow in the post-holiday blues! Happy to answer any questions. :)
PS. ESTA warning. Met a fellow Scot who told me she accidentally clicked 'been to jail' bit when filling in husbands ESTA form. She said he was 'declined' but then they realised error and re submitted form next day with no probs. BIG probs at immigration though when he was taken away for interview for a few hours!! So take care with the typing!

karentan
08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
sounds like you had a great time, are you going to post any photos?
we're off in 18 days, cant wait!

howlongtillsummer?
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
How ridiculous that they would not let you order drinks and dessert. That is less than you were entitled too. I have to say, waste or not, I would have ordered the mains, picked at them and then had our pud! That is purely wasting time and money! I would have had loads of refills too! Where was this?

I am really glad you had a great time!!

Scary about the ESTA form! He got in after the interview though??

disneyholic family
08-25-2009, 07:48 PM
welcome back!!

Pegasus928
08-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the report and your thoughts.
Thanks also for the advice about the ESTA. It just goes to prove that they are watching what goes on with forms so it pays to double check before clicking the 'submit' button

Pootle
08-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Enjoyed reading your report. I've also been known to enjoy the odd piece of carrot cake or cheesecake from POR foodcourt :cloud9:. Ridiculous about the 'full cs only' rule to get your dessert!

jockey
08-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Sounds as though you had a great time. We thought Continental were excellent last time we flew with them :)

wicket2005
08-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Glad you had a good time.

Dizneemad
08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, bit daft on the food side you could of considered offering the meal to some one in the queue and you kept the drinks and dessert, that way making someone else's day also.
We have the DDP in 2 weeks now and dreading all the food but ready to give it a go.

Pegasus928
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, bit daft on the food side you could of considered offering the meal to some one in the queue and you kept the drinks and dessert, that way making someone else's day also.
We have the DDP in 2 weeks now and dreading all the food but ready to give it a go.

And I am sure you will give it your best shot mate :thumbsup2

You might have to take some before and after pics so we know how much of a lightweight you are being. :lmao:

BoingBoingBaggie
08-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome back. Glad that you had a great time and that you enjoyed POR. Th at is where we are headed in 9 days.

Hope DW has filled our ESTA's out properly! ;)

Becx N Gav
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Glad you had a good time, Royal Pacific Resort sounds good with Club level :idea: may have to try that out ;)

natalielongstaff
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
welcome home :)

Dizneemad
08-28-2009, 03:03 AM
And I am sure you will give it your best shot mate :thumbsup2

You might have to take some before and after pics so we know how much of a lightweight you are being. :lmao:

:rotfl2: That sounds like a challenge?
Will try and remember but once that food is about I always forget to snap them photo's.