PDA

View Full Version : I need a "how to" on making autograph books

laurafaith
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
hi all ... i posted this on another board...im wanting to try and make my own "autograph" books for my boys....just wondering if anyone had a step by step "how to" for the creative challenged:confused3

also pictures would help -- thanks alot :)

2specialkids
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh, I wanna know too! I need a step by step for the creatively challenged.

party of 3
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
we did the tags and clipboard thing and it worked out awesome. my plan now is to put the pic of him with the character and the tag into a scrapbook. it was alot better than carrying a book around with us.

BernardandMissBianca
08-24-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm actually doing an autograph album swap at Disney this week so when I get back I'll share pics!

In the past we have just cut large tags, gotten autographs and then built the pages with a mat for the photo when we came home. But I have torn all their books apart to re do them in a larger format.

party of 3
08-25-2009, 06:43 AM
really buffy. you are taking the books apart. did you do them 8x8? i wanted to do a book with the tags, pic of him with the character and a cricut piece to go with it. should i be thinking 12x12??

BernardandMissBianca
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
They were 4x4 and spiral bound, just not big enough so I'm redoing them in 8x8 so I can use the CM books. I can get a lot of pages in each of those. Plus DD doesn't have one so I need one for her.

That's my project before December's trip.

ScrappyScrap
09-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I just finished my 1st autograph book...printed it through shutterfly, then added extra pages for more characters....Its really cute, and you get a nice hard cover with a pic on it.

laurafaith
09-07-2009, 09:26 PM
would love to see pictures! thanks :)

sisiblum
09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
would love to see pictures! thanks :)

me too!!

rlovew
09-08-2009, 06:28 PM
This thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166911 is from our last autograph page swap. There is a slide show in the first post.

Rebecca

monsterbari
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
For those of you who participated in this swap, how did you bind your book? Did you use a regular album with page protectors? If so , did you carry the pages to the park?
Renee

rlovew
01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I haven't used my pages in the park yet- I am waiting until I take children. I plan on carrying the pges I expect to use with me in a ziplock bag with the markers in it.

I will probably put it in a regular album or use my bind it all.

Rebecca

YodasMom
01-13-2010, 08:32 AM
For my December trip, I printed out some of the autograph cards designed by a couple of the people on the Design Board. They designed some just for MVMCP and MNSSHP as well as regular ones. They were very creative! I plan to add those to full embellished pages with photos. I also gave some to some friends who joined me on my trip.

rgrutland
01-13-2010, 08:43 AM
I just finished my 1st autograph book...printed it through shutterfly, then added extra pages for more characters....Its really cute, and you get a nice hard cover with a pic on it.

How did you get the signatures onto shutterfly? was it something you pre purchased? or put together when you got home?