PDA

View Full Version : A College Graduation Celebration w/my Mom! (Update! I leave tomorrow! Pg. 14 #208)

AlohaPolynesian
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone! I知 back and ready to start a new pre-trip report about my December vacation to Walt Disney World. If you read last time, you know that I went down with my friend Belle during our college spring break. Usually I go in March for baseball Spring Training, but this upcoming trip will be the exception. As a graduation present, my mom is taking me to WDW!!

My mom was VERY hesitant about taking me and she will flat out say that she DOES NOT LIKE DISNEY WORLD! :scared1: I know, right?! So it is my goal to pick places and plan activities to show her that she can, should and WILL like Disney by the time we leave!

The Details:

Who: Me - 22 years old, Mom - 55 years old.

What: A trip to Walt Disney World to CELEBRATE my graduation from college!

Where: Disney's Boardwalk Inn!

When: December 10-13th, 2009!

Thanks for reading and I can稚 wait to share my plans with you!

Update #1: Possible ADR's (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33303604&postcount=18)
Update #2: Final Dining Choices? (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33378072&postcount=26)
Update #3: ADR's are booked! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33541079&postcount=76)
Update #4: New itinerary and ADR's...I'm crazy! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33585081&postcount=89)
Update #5: Day 1 Itinerary! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33876210&postcount=113)
Update #6: Day 2 Itinerary! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33913246&postcount=124)
Update #7: Schedule Change! (http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34288147&postcount=178)

AlohaPolynesian
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
So my mom called me tonight and said the calendar came out for my brother's school and she picked the dates we could go (Dec. 10-13)! I'm so excited to start thinking about where I want to eat! Anyways...We decided to stay at.....

THE BOARDWALK!!

annnewjerz
08-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi :wave2:

I'm in. We'll be there December 12-18 staying at the Boardwalk Villas. I'm bringing DM along also, for our "adults" trip to WDW.

Looking forward to hearing more! :surfweb:

Pooh&OurHunny
08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
My mom feels the same way as your mom does...I'm hoping you can give her the Disney magic we both love. Happy planning. I just booked our Dec trip (Dec 5-11) but my husband does not know yet b/c he too is not a Disney fan. Trying to find the right time but I had to b/c the free dinning in December is too good to turn down and I upgraded us to Deluxe. He knows I wanted to go in December and asked me to work the numbers. Can't wait to read more of your planning. Are you planning to attend MVMCP and CP?

Silver Queen
08-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Good luck with your planning! We love going to The World as adults (our children are grown). Since you are staying at Boardwalk you might enjoy having dinner at Kouzzina We have a reservation there for our October trip. On our trip last week we ate at Flying Fish for the first time and loved it. Your mother may also enjoy Jiko or Sanaa. WE had a window table for our dinner at Sanaa and loved watching the giraffes on the savannah.
Have fun!!

AlohaPolynesian
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi :wave2:

I'm in. We'll be there December 12-18 staying at the Boardwalk Villas. I'm bringing DM along also, for our "adults" trip to WDW.

Looking forward to hearing more! :surfweb:

Oh fun! I will have to follow along with your PTR too! And you are going for Halloween? I'm jealous. Thanks for joining in!

My mom feels the same way as your mom does...I'm hoping you can give her the Disney magic we both love. Happy planning. I just booked our Dec trip (Dec 5-11) but my husband does not know yet b/c he too is not a Disney fan. Trying to find the right time but I had to b/c the free dinning in December is too good to turn down and I upgraded us to Deluxe. He knows I wanted to go in December and asked me to work the numbers. Can't wait to read more of your planning. Are you planning to attend MVMCP and CP?

Welcome!! I love that you guys are going to be there when I am. Are you doing a PTR? I booked the free dining @ BWI but upgraded it to deluxe. My mom is not a huge ride person but loves food, so part of the fun will be trying all the restaurants. I won't feel bad not eating everything b/c it was mostly free, you know? I hope to do the CP and MVMCP!! Are you? I'm still waiting to hear if the CP package is going to be 1 or 2 TS credits!

Good luck with your planning! We love going to The World as adults (our children are grown). Since you are staying at Boardwalk you might enjoy having dinner at Kouzzina We have a reservation there for our October trip. On our trip last week we ate at Flying Fish for the first time and loved it. Your mother may also enjoy Jiko or Sanaa. WE had a window table for our dinner at Sanaa and loved watching the giraffes on the savannah.
Have fun!!

Hi and thanks for joining!! My mom is a huge Food Network fan so I think I am trying to book a meal at Kouzzina. You'll have to let me know how it is after you eat there! I also saw the menu for Sanaa and it looks delicious! And now I know to get a window seat to look at the animals, so thanks!

wdwgirl03
08-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm in!! Soooo cool you decided on the Boardwalk! :thumbsup2

tinkgurl
08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm here girl! :banana:

AlohaPolynesian
08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm in!! Soooo cool you decided on the Boardwalk! :thumbsup2

Yayyy! Thanks for coming over!

I'm here girl! :banana:

Hi!! I'm so glad you are joining in!

mousecrazy425
08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Signing on to follow your PTR! I've done several mother-daughter trips in the past, so I'm interested to see what you plan to do with your mom...hopefully I can pick up some ideas for next time!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Following along! We are going Dec. 1 -10.

AlohaPolynesian
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Signing on to follow your PTR! I've done several mother-daughter trips in the past, so I'm interested to see what you plan to do with your mom...hopefully I can pick up some ideas for next time!

Yay! Hopefully this will not be the last mother-daughter trip...I need to get her to like Disney!

Following along! We are going Dec. 1 -10.

Thanks for reading! I'll have to check out your PTR ASAP!

disneysmiles
08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh this will be really cool. I feel like my Disney experience growing up is similiar to yours. What you wanted to do was normally last on the list because there were so many other people to worry about. I'm so excited for you and your mom to have a fun Disney trip! I'm sure she will love it!

So have you officially booked the rooms at the Boardwalk?

AlohaPolynesian
08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh this will be really cool. I feel like my Disney experience growing up is similiar to yours. What you wanted to do was normally last on the list because there were so many other people to worry about. I'm so excited for you and your mom to have a fun Disney trip! I'm sure she will love it!

So have you officially booked the rooms at the Boardwalk?

Thank you! Yes we are officially booked! I can't wait!

AlohaPolynesian
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
For those of you who followed my last PTR/TR, you know I'm obsessed with American Idol! I just got back from 2 shows and got to hang out with the top ten contestants from season 8! I am still in shock and I know it is OT, so if you want to see pics or hear about my adventure, please PM me!

I'll update soon about my trip. I'm talking to my mom later about where she wants to eat. Hopefully she won't say, "Wherever YOU want to eat is fine with me."

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
08-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Can't wait to hear your dining plans!!!

tinkgurl
08-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the pics, girl!

I can't wait to read where you want to eat!

AlohaPolynesian
08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
So I put together a tentative list of placed I'd want to eat. The * indicates if I have been there before.

Tony's for early lunch
*Ohana for late dinner

Sanaa for early lunch
Flying Fish for late dinner

The Wave for early lunch
Rose & Crown for dinner as part of Candlelight Processional package

*Raglan Road for lunch on departure day

That would give me all 9 credits from the deluxe dining plan that we upgraded to from free dining!

PLUS, it worked out that our first day could be MK day. There is a MVMCP that night so it would be perfect.

Second day would be AK in the morning, stop at Sanaa for lunch before going to DHS. Then back to Boardwalk for dinner at Flying Fish. Again, works out perfectly!

I've always wanted to try The Wave, so I figured lunch would be good there and we could spend the rest of the day in EPCOT before the CP. I wanted to do the CP on our last night b/c I thought it would get us in the Christmas spirit before going back home. PLUS, Vanessa Williams is the narrator for the show and I am a huge fan of Ugly Betty so I would enjoy that!

Anyways, I talked to my mom and she said "wherever you want to eat is fine with me!" But I hate when she says that. I said, OK - I'll read you the names of some restaurants and you can tell me yes or no. So I read her all the TS restaurants and told her where they were, what kind of food they have, if there were any antics, etc.

Basically after reading the list she decided: NO CHARACTER MEALS! NO ANTICS! and...NO OHANA?!

Ohana is my favorite so I might have to veto her vote on that one! But here is the list she came up with:

Biergarten
Rose & Crown
*Tutto Italia
*Le Cellier
Flying Fish
Kouzzina --- she's a big Food Network fan and likes Cat Cora
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
*Mama Melrose

So what do you guys think? I know some restaurants that have sounded unappealing to me have actually turned out to be fantastic. So I am of course not going to only make her go where I want because I want her to enjoy herself. I just need to figure out what restaurants will make the best impression!

AlohaPolynesian
08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Can't wait to hear your dining plans!!!

Why are dining plans so confusing?! I need help from you guys to decide!

Thanks for the pics, girl!

I can't wait to read where you want to eat!

Haha of course! I know about 3 people who like American Idol and besides for that my friends just roll their eyes at me. So thanks for letting me show you!

Ya I am totally going to need dining help this time around!

mousecrazy425
08-26-2009, 04:14 PM
All your restaurant choices sound great! As far as your mom's list goes and picking restaurants that will make a good impression I would definitely go with the Flying Fish for dinner. It is SUCH a unique restaurant -- it's a completely different spin on gourmet seafood and it's so delicious! I would also try to fit in Artist Point if you have the time. My parents love it here -- the food is spectacular and the atmosphere is a little more "grown up" in a World that can sometimes be a bit too much for some adults. Any of your World Showcase picks sound good for the CP package, although I would put Biergarten last on the list. Those are just my suggestions anyway -- I read your list to my parents and asked them for their input too, so hopefully it helps. :)

tinkgurl
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Tony's for early lunch: We love Tony's!!
*Ohana for late dinner: Ask for a table by the windows with a MK view! It isn't guaranteed, but it's worth a try!

Sanaa for early lunch: Haven't been
Flying Fish for late dinner: Haven't been

The Wave for early lunch: I really want to try here!
Rose & Crown for dinner: Haven't been

*Raglan Road for lunch: Haha, we all know why you're eating there!

*Le Cellier: YUM!

*Mama Melrose: YUM!

AlohaPolynesian
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
All your restaurant choices sound great! As far as your mom's list goes and picking restaurants that will make a good impression I would definitely go with the Flying Fish for dinner. It is SUCH a unique restaurant -- it's a completely different spin on gourmet seafood and it's so delicious! I would also try to fit in Artist Point if you have the time. My parents love it here -- the food is spectacular and the atmosphere is a little more "grown up" in a World that can sometimes be a bit too much for some adults. Any of your World Showcase picks sound good for the CP package, although I would put Biergarten last on the list. Those are just my suggestions anyway -- I read your list to my parents and asked them for their input too, so hopefully it helps. :)

Ooh thanks for the tips! I'm glad you asked your parents for their opinions because that really helps me decide what my mom might like. Since she doesn't want to go to Ohana maybe I will do Artist Point that night instead. Flying Fish will be perfect since we are staying @ BWI!

Tony's for early lunch: We love Tony's!!
*Ohana for late dinner: Ask for a table by the windows with a MK view! It isn't guaranteed, but it's worth a try!

Sanaa for early lunch: Haven't been
Flying Fish for late dinner: Haven't been

The Wave for early lunch: I really want to try here!
Rose & Crown for dinner: Haven't been

*Raglan Road for lunch: Haha, we all know why you're eating there!

*Le Cellier: YUM!

*Mama Melrose: YUM!

OK I'm glad you like Tony's because I've heard iffy things about it. And, FYI Eddie was @ Rose & Crown not Raglan Road :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: and he is gone now so that is quite disappointing. Although he did text me the other day :lovestruc

Alright now I need to rework my ADR choices because I can actually make them in a few weeks!

wdwgirl03
08-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Believe it or not we haven't been to many of the sit-down restaurants so I can't really comment on any of them. :eek: But I do love Tony's and Mama Melrose's!

Camster0307
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Ok, I'm here. Glad to see you're not to far into your ptr and I haven't missed much yet.

I'm such a sucker for these "Mom/Daughter" wdw trips!;)

And hello? We're going in December. The 5th-13th. Staying at BWVillas! :cool1:

My thoughts:

Tony's for early lunch -good food; horrible service
*Ohana for late dinner -never been

Sanaa for early lunch -friend went. LOVED it!
Flying Fish for late dinner - Love!

The Wave for early lunch - Never been
Rose & Crown for dinner as part of Candlelight Processional package -one of our FAVES!

*Raglan Road for lunch on departure day -Another fave!

As for your other possibilities:
Biergarten - people love this place but not us! The entertainment was enjoyable but the food was not. You share a table with other guests so it could be awkward if you're with some duds.

Tutto's was declicious but it was very loud and noisy.
Le Cellier is one of our favorites in all of Disney. We eat there every trip.
Artist's Pointe - I'm dying to eat there! I've heard wonderful things and it sounds like it would be a lovely "adult" place to dine.
Narcoossee's - ditto!
Mama Melrose's - like it. Have never had a bad meal there.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

AlohaPolynesian
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Ok, I'm here. Glad to see you're not to far into your ptr and I haven't missed much yet.

I'm such a sucker for these "Mom/Daughter" wdw trips!;)

And hello? We're going in December. The 5th-13th. Staying at BWVillas! :cool1:

My thoughts:

Tony's for early lunch -good food; horrible service
*Ohana for late dinner -never been

Sanaa for early lunch -friend went. LOVED it!
Flying Fish for late dinner - Love!

The Wave for early lunch - Never been
Rose & Crown for dinner as part of Candlelight Processional package -one of our FAVES!

*Raglan Road for lunch on departure day -Another fave!

As for your other possibilities:
Biergarten - people love this place but not us! The entertainment was enjoyable but the food was not. You share a table with other guests so it could be awkward if you're with some duds.

Tutto's was declicious but it was very loud and noisy.
Le Cellier is one of our favorites in all of Disney. We eat there every trip.
Artist's Pointe - I'm dying to eat there! I've heard wonderful things and it sounds like it would be a lovely "adult" place to dine.
Narcoossee's - ditto!
Mama Melrose's - like it. Have never had a bad meal there.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

Aw, thanks for coming over here! I swear I saw you were doing a December pre trip but I can't find it! I think my first comment on your TR was about how I wished my mom liked Disney so I could take a trip like yours! And we will have to do a DISMeet since we will be so close! Thanks for the dining suggestions - I'm going to print out a few menus today and ask my mom what she thinks sounds good so I will keep you guys updated!

AlohaPolynesian
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
So after showing my mom the menus and explaining to her how all the credits work for the DxDP, we finally came up with our choices (well, most of them)! Thank you to everyone for your advice and input - you helped make it easier!

When I get to make my ADR's hopefully we will get the following:

Artist Point dinner
Sanaa lunch
Flying Fish dinner
*Tutto Italia (or other EPCOT restaurant) or Wave lunch
Le Cellier dinner - hopefully as part of the CP dinner package
Kouzzina breakfast

*Undecided on lunch for what looks like will be a EPCOT day. The Wave looks really yummy for lunch, though so it might be worth the ride over to the Contemporary. What do you think?

I'm not sure if I want to do a lunch on the first day or just have an early dinner. If I decide to do that, we will probably pay for it OOP and just get something small.

Also, I've never eaten at any of the places we hope to go to! We DID go to Le Cellier many years ago, but it didn't really stand out to us and there were too many little kids in our party to enjoy it. I also had dinner at Tutto Italia but it was after our "drinks around the world" adventure so I don't really remember it.....:confused3:guilty::sad2:

Have any of you done the deluxe plan before? How did you use your snack credits? Did you do three sit down meals a day? I've done the regular DDP but not deluxe. It was a great value when we upgraded from the free dining special offer so I am SUPER excited!

wdwgirl03
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Ohhh boy, I've got some stories about the dining plan from our trip...I don't think we will ever use that! On two separate occasions people were literally trying to give us their food that they didn't eat!

And I sent you my Idol pics! :banana:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
We have done the deluxe...it is a ton of food! But, we are doing it again...really just because there are too many restaurants that we all love too much to narrow it down. Your choices look great! I hope you get all that you want! You can use the snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD or if you have some left, you can get rice krispy treats to take home. Also, in MK you can use them to get an ice cream cone in the Palace Ice Cream Parlour.

tinkgurl
08-30-2009, 09:51 PM
FYI Eddie was @ Rose & Crown not Raglan Road :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: and he is gone now so that is quite disappointing. Although he did text me the other day

Haha, I got that mixed up! :rotfl2:

AlohaPolynesian
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Ohhh boy, I've got some stories about the dining plan from our trip...I don't think we will ever use that! On two separate occasions people were literally trying to give us their food that they didn't eat!

And I sent you my Idol pics! :banana:

Yes, your Idol pictures were awesome!!! Yeah, I know it is a lot of food, but we are going during free dining so the upgrade was really cheap. I'm looking at it as an excuse to sample my food and not feel guilty about eating all of it since we paid for it.

We have done the deluxe...it is a ton of food! But, we are doing it again...really just because there are too many restaurants that we all love too much to narrow it down. Your choices look great! I hope you get all that you want! You can use the snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD or if you have some left, you can get rice krispy treats to take home. Also, in MK you can use them to get an ice cream cone in the Palace Ice Cream Parlour.

It's SO hard to narrow the restaurants down! Every time I think I've got it, I change my mind! Thanks for the tips about the snack credits!

Haha, I got that mixed up! :rotfl2:

How could you ever mix that up?!?! I only talked about it in every single one of my posts! :lmao: :rotfl:

shordiebecka
09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
So after showing my mom the menus and explaining to her how all the credits work for the DxDP, we finally came up with our choices (well, most of them)! Thank you to everyone for your advice and input - you helped make it easier!

When I get to make my ADR's hopefully we will get the following:

Artist Point dinner
Sanaa lunch
Flying Fish dinner
*Tutto Italia (or other EPCOT restaurant) or Wave lunch
Le Cellier dinner - hopefully as part of the CP dinner package
Kouzzina breakfast

*Undecided on lunch for what looks like will be a EPCOT day. The Wave looks really yummy for lunch, though so it might be worth the ride over to the Contemporary. What do you think?

I'm not sure if I want to do a lunch on the first day or just have an early dinner. If I decide to do that, we will probably pay for it OOP and just get something small.

Also, I've never eaten at any of the places we hope to go to! We DID go to Le Cellier many years ago, but it didn't really stand out to us and there were too many little kids in our party to enjoy it. I also had dinner at Tutto Italia but it was after our "drinks around the world" adventure so I don't really remember it.....:confused3:guilty::sad2:

Have any of you done the deluxe plan before? How did you use your snack credits? Did you do three sit down meals a day? I've done the regular DDP but not deluxe. It was a great value when we upgraded from the free dining special offer so I am SUPER excited!

Hey, just read through your PTR- congrats on graduating from college, I will graduate in April with my masters...it certainly is a cause for celebration!

We didn't like the deluxe plan because it was SO MUCH FOOD..but it was nice having everything paid for in advance, we didn't have to budget out food! We used our snack credits at Goofy's candy company, and for breakfast items- muffins, bagels, etc are all considered "snacks", along with popcorn at the vendors and whatnot.

I like all your dining choices- I would stay at Epcot for lunch on that day though. Personally, it would be too much for me to walk to the front of Epcot, get on the monorail, transfer at TTC, then do it all on the way back again.. it would be too much for me! I love Japan and Rose and Crown..both delicious!!

Looking forward to more!

BELLE1109
09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
congrats grad!
I love doing Disney with my Mom- can't wait to read more

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I wanted to pop over from another TR and say I'm in!!!

I went to WDW for a gift when I graduated from college too!!!!!

I'll possibly be there the same time you will. We're planning to be there the 10-15 at WL!! We're going to MVMCP on Sunday 13th since it's a little bit cheaper but we are still debating if Fri would be better!!

ADRs sound great!!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey, just read through your PTR- congrats on graduating from college, I will graduate in April with my masters...it certainly is a cause for celebration!

We didn't like the deluxe plan because it was SO MUCH FOOD..but it was nice having everything paid for in advance, we didn't have to budget out food! We used our snack credits at Goofy's candy company, and for breakfast items- muffins, bagels, etc are all considered "snacks", along with popcorn at the vendors and whatnot.

I like all your dining choices- I would stay at Epcot for lunch on that day though. Personally, it would be too much for me to walk to the front of Epcot, get on the monorail, transfer at TTC, then do it all on the way back again.. it would be too much for me! I love Japan and Rose and Crown..both delicious!!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for coming over! I just rearranged all of my ADR's again...I need help! I want to get them finalized with a few backup choices before it is time for me to make them. Thanks for the suggestions!!

congrats grad!
I love doing Disney with my Mom- can't wait to read more

Thank you for stopping by! Hopefully I graduate :rotfl: I'm counting on passing all of my classes :rotfl: before December!! I've never done Disney just me and my mom so I'm looking forward to it.

I wanted to pop over from another TR and say I'm in!!!

I went to WDW for a gift when I graduated from college too!!!!!

I'll possibly be there the same time you will. We're planning to be there the 10-15 at WL!! We're going to MVMCP on Sunday 13th since it's a little bit cheaper but we are still debating if Fri would be better!!

ADRs sound great!!!

Thanks for coming over! What a great graduation gift, right!? Yeah I am reworking my ADR's right now (AGAIN) and am thinking maybe we should NOT do the party! But I love Disney problems - much better than real life problems, LOL! I'm going to go over to your PTR now!

AlohaPolynesian
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
OK, so...some of you who read my dining reviews might remember that I am a vegetarian. This is sometimes a disadvantage in "real life", but at Disney it is actually kind of exciting. Most of the chefs/cooks/servers at home roll their eyes or huff and puff when I ask what is safe for me to eat on the menu. Not only do Disney CM's act almost excited when I tell them I am a vegetarian, they usually offer to work with me to find something I like - if I don't like what is on the menu. Usually I do order what is on the menu because obviously the chefs know what they are doing when they put together a dish.

So when my mom chose the restaurants she thought were most appealing, I looked at their vegetarian options and tried to find reviews of them here on the boards. I haven't been to most of places we decided on, so then I started to panic about hating all of the food! Now I am tempted to book Ohana against my mothers wishes because I LOVE it and Chef TJ there is AMAZING with special diet needs.

Anyways, my mom didn't want to eat there because "there are too many kids and it's too loud". I know once she has a Lapu Lapu (or two!) in her she will be fine.

My question to you guys is: should I book my ALL TIME FAVORITE and "safe" option - Ohana - even though my mom doesn't want to go there? Or should I try somewhere new - Artist Point - for our MK night? Let me know!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM
OOOOOH! Tough call! Will your mom be mad if you book it? Are there things on the menu that she will eat? Are all of her other requests being granted? Maybe it is best to just ask her if she would be willing to bend??

AlohaPolynesian
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
OOOOOH! Tough call! Will your mom be mad if you book it? Are there things on the menu that she will eat? Are all of her other requests being granted? Maybe it is best to just ask her if she would be willing to bend??

Well she said "fine, we can go there if you want but I really don't want to" - so that is why this is bothering me!! I do plan on booking Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, and Kouzzina for her. I have been to Tutto and probably wouldn't choose to go back this trip, and Kouzzina is Greek and I do not like Greek food!

Don't you just love "Disney dilemmas"??? So much better than real life problems!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Well she said "fine, we can go there if you want but I really don't want to" - so that is why this is bothering me!! I do plan on booking Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, and Kouzzina for her. I have been to Tutto and probably wouldn't choose to go back this trip, and Kouzzina is Greek and I do not like Greek food!

Don't you just love "Disney dilemmas"??? So much better than real life problems!

You could play the "for my graduation dinner" card!!!! :rotfl2:

tinkgurl
09-02-2009, 12:28 PM
My question to you guys is: should I book my ALL TIME FAVORITE and "safe" option - Ohana - even though my mom doesn't want to go there? Or should I try somewhere new - Artist Point - for our MK night? Let me know!

Hm...I really love Ohana, so I'm voting for that. When you check-in for your ADR time, maybe ask the CM if you can have a table that's more secluded and away from the main action. That way, you'll be happy with the food and your mom will be happy with the table.

shordiebecka
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
hmm..thats a toughie! Here's what I would do: make a reservation for both (for now), then either gauge it by how she is enjoying herself or how you feel that day. But make sure to cancel the one you won't keep, of course.

Or, if you do do Ohana, you should get the earliest reservation (5:00) The line starts to form around 4:30- get in line, get close to the front, and most likely you can sit where you like (if you request it), because you will be the first ones in. If you ask for a quiet table for 2 by the windows(this is where DBF and I were) it's really not over-run by kids. I don't remember if you were doing breakfast there or not, but that's a good strategy for dinner- that way kids won't be a factor.

Camster0307
09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Mmmm - that's a tough one without knowing the personalities involved. But here's my $.02, from a mom's point of view.........................

It's your vacation too and I think you should get to enjoy one meal at your favorite restaurant. I certainly wouldn't begrudge Lauren doing that with us. It is just ONE meal. And if your mom starts to think it's getting to loud, just order her another Lapu Lapu! :laughing:

AlohaPolynesian
09-05-2009, 07:26 PM
You could play the "for my graduation dinner" card!!!! :rotfl2:

Hahaha good call!

Hm...I really love Ohana, so I'm voting for that. When you check-in for your ADR time, maybe ask the CM if you can have a table that's more secluded and away from the main action. That way, you'll be happy with the food and your mom will be happy with the table.

Good idea about asking for a secluded table. When Belle and I went last time we were RIGHT by all the little kids during the coconut races and limbo. It was fine except they kept bumping our table, trying to steal my Magical Star drink (I think it was because of that glow cube!) and the parents were surrounding our table taking pictures of the kids.

hmm..thats a toughie! Here's what I would do: make a reservation for both (for now), then either gauge it by how she is enjoying herself or how you feel that day. But make sure to cancel the one you won't keep, of course.

Or, if you do do Ohana, you should get the earliest reservation (5:00) The line starts to form around 4:30- get in line, get close to the front, and most likely you can sit where you like (if you request it), because you will be the first ones in. If you ask for a quiet table for 2 by the windows(this is where DBF and I were) it's really not over-run by kids. I don't remember if you were doing breakfast there or not, but that's a good strategy for dinner- that way kids won't be a factor.

That's a good idea. I don't think Artist Point is that popular anyways so I won't feel bad about having two reservations while I decide! And thanks for the tip about an early reservation for dinner!

Mmmm - that's a tough one without knowing the personalities involved. But here's my $.02, from a mom's point of view.........................

It's your vacation too and I think you should get to enjoy one meal at your favorite restaurant. I certainly wouldn't begrudge Lauren doing that with us. It is just ONE meal. And if your mom starts to think it's getting to loud, just order her another Lapu Lapu! :laughing:

Hahahaha best suggestion so far!!! Nothing a Lapu Lapu can't fix :thumbsup2 But you are right, if we do 6 restaurants and I pick Ohana we would each have picked 3. I guess that works out!

Thanks guys! I'll let you know what I end up with!!

Camster0307
09-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I am calling for my ADRs tomorrow. Is that when you are calling?

Good luck, if so!:thumbsup2

AlohaPolynesian
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I am calling for my ADRs tomorrow. Is that when you are calling?

Good luck, if so!:thumbsup2

Nope, I can't make mine until the 11th! I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Hope you got what you wanted!

wdwgirl03
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Nope, I can't make mine until the 11th! I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Hope you got what you wanted!

Woo hoo, that is so soon! Hopefully you can get what you want!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
same here!! We will be fighting online at 6 am!! haha. I can technically make mine on the 10th but with the split stay, the computer won't recognize it and I'm thinking hm, I could get up to make my one for the 10-11th stay and then call at 7 to see if they can link the ressies somehow or just wait till the 11th to make the rest for the week and take my chances on a day!! Next Fri could be crazy!!!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Woo hoo, that is so soon! Hopefully you can get what you want!

Thanks girl!

same here!! We will be fighting online at 6 am!! haha. I can technically make mine on the 10th but with the split stay, the computer won't recognize it and I'm thinking hm, I could get up to make my one for the 10-11th stay and then call at 7 to see if they can link the ressies somehow or just wait till the 11th to make the rest for the week and take my chances on a day!! Next Fri could be crazy!!!!

Ughh I will probably get NOTHING seeing as how the internet in my new apartment barely works. Even Starbucks isn't open early enough for me to go there and make my ADR's online! You DO have a crazy situation but I'm sure everything will work out!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been slacking lately. Not too much to report about the trip since I can't even make my ADR's until Friday. Which is going to be a HUGE problem and I am already stressing about it!

See, I only have a quarter (10 weeks) left before I graduate. I should've been done in June, but I spent last fall in Houston, TX doing an internship instead of taking classes. So now I am here to make up for lost time. It was hard to find a short-term lease somewhere close to campus, and no one wanted a roommate who was going to bail come November.

That's when I got an e-mail from a girl I went to high school with. We weren't friends, but we weren't NOT friends. Does that make sense? More than acquaintances but less than friends. Anyways, she had an apartment with a friend who was also still in school but spending fall in Europe to study abroad. So through the lovely Facebook, I saw that she needed a roommate just for fall! HOW PERFECT! Better than nothing, right?

So here I am in a little apartment with a room the size of a closet. I have no TV in my room which has become a problem since I usually need a TV on to fall asleep. The apartment is in an amazing neighborhood, though, so I am thankful for that.

The worst part of this whole ordeal and the reason I am telling the story to begin with is that my internet is terrible. I mean, it takes a full minute for a page to load. And videos stop every 2 seconds! So I'm worried that come Friday when I make my ADR's I won't get what I want! And Starbucks is not open early enough for me to go there and do it! I'm thinking about just calling for them since I need to book the CP dining package anyways.

I also don't know if I should do MVMCP or not. I think it would be fun to see the parade and see the holiday version of Wishes, but my mom is not a big ride person so we wouldn't benefit from having the park open late to ride the rides. What do you guys think?

We arrive on the 10th and I was thinking of making it an MK day. Do an early dinner at Ohana and then head back to MK for the party. Otherwise we would still do MK but just move dinner back until after MK closes at 7.

Any advice and help would be appreciated! Also, I'm headed to a cafe with free wireless later tonight so I can catch up on everyone else's reports!

shordiebecka
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I would just call! You can always tweak the times later in the day when you can get to Starbucks- atleast call and get the big ones done!

I wish i could give you advice on MVMCP- but I've never been- I think if you've never been give it a shot once, I really want to see the parade and wishes--- plus free cookies...sweet!

AlohaPolynesian
09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I would just call! You can always tweak the times later in the day when you can get to Starbucks- atleast call and get the big ones done!

I wish i could give you advice on MVMCP- but I've never been- I think if you've never been give it a shot once, I really want to see the parade and wishes--- plus free cookies...sweet!

Thanks for input! Actually my mom and I have BOTH been to MVMCP but it was in 2004. It was the lots of family...my dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nephew, etc. So I think we were too busy worrying about everyone to enjoy it because I don't really remember much besides getting free cookies!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
The parade and fireworks are wonderful at the party but if you are goin on Friday (we're going sunday) you'll be paying $60 extra per person for a ticket so it might not be worth it for you. They will pipe in the music to the monorail resorts that people will hear at the party and if you see the parade on xmas day, its the same one minus all the big stars and musical numbers.

$120 total might be a lot for you to just go and enjoy free cookies, a parade, and fireworks if you aren't planning to ride but that is IMOP. Can't wait for more!!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
The parade and fireworks are wonderful at the party but if you are goin on Friday (we're going sunday) you'll be paying $60 extra per person for a ticket so it might not be worth it for you. They will pipe in the music to the monorail resorts that people will hear at the party and if you see the parade on xmas day, its the same one minus all the big stars and musical numbers.

$120 total might be a lot for you to just go and enjoy free cookies, a parade, and fireworks if you aren't planning to ride but that is IMOP. Can't wait for more!!!

Wait, so if I'm eating dinner at Ohana during the fireworks, it will be piped in like normal Wishes is? Thanks for all of the info, it definitely helps!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure about that. The best bet would be to call Poly directly and ask them as they will hear it nightly but I'm pretty sure they pipe in the music, otherwise it's just fireworks and that's not disney I mean come on!!!

What day are you doing CP? We're doing Sat for the 6:45 show, Dd thinks it wasn't dark enough last year for the 5:00 show haha. We'll see how he approves of this one. I think it's the only reason we're going is bc of CP and the lights at DHS hehe!!

OhioDisneyLover
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey, I just found your PTR? Where have I been??????

tinkgurl
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I say just call for your ADR's!

I don't think it'd be worth the extra $$$ for MVMCP if your mom isn't into the rides.

AlohaPolynesian
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure about that. The best bet would be to call Poly directly and ask them as they will hear it nightly but I'm pretty sure they pipe in the music, otherwise it's just fireworks and that's not disney I mean come on!!!

What day are you doing CP? We're doing Sat for the 6:45 show, Dd thinks it wasn't dark enough last year for the 5:00 show haha. We'll see how he approves of this one. I think it's the only reason we're going is bc of CP and the lights at DHS hehe!!

Well I am mixing up my schedule so right now I think we'll be doing it on Friday? I don't have my folder (ya I never got a chance to see OhioDisneyLover's binder so I have a pathetic little folder of my info) next to me and I just talked to my mom about MVMCP so it might be changing again!! I don't know if we should do the CP dining package and "waste" 2TS credits? What do you think?

Hey, I just found your PTR? Where have I been??????

Haha it's OK. Hasn't been very interesting so you didn't miss much!! I hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear about it!! Eat a Zebra Dome for me :)

I say just call for your ADR's!

I don't think it'd be worth the extra $$$ for MVMCP if your mom isn't into the rides.

Yes I think I will call. And I'm still deciding whether or not to do MVMCP so thank you for the input!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
We're doing the dinner package just because we want a seat. Last year people would wait a LONG time in a line just to watch the show and some did not even get in so you get out of line or you wait for the later show.

If you are going to use your DDP you would be foolish if you did not pick Tier 3 just because of the price and making it "worth the 2 credits".

We already said if we'd go on a DDP we'd use it for CLP. It's just a once in a lifetime thing and to be guaranteed a seat is nice. I've done the math on what we would get OOP and it was about 6 bucks over priced which was the increase from last year so I'll think of it as 6 bucks for a seat and the rest for the meal!!!

Hope that helps a bit? I'm psyched to see Vanessa Williams. I saw 4 CLP shows last year (3 waiting in line and 1 on the dinner plan) and they were all Fab!!!!

dakuhn
09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
After heading out at the beginning of the MVMCP last year, I would say save the money for something else fun! Disney is a budget stretch for us and we have much better ways to spend that money. Also, I would just attempt the internet and see what happens. If you don't get it then you can always call later. Sometimes the internet is more agreeable first thing in the morning.

AlohaPolynesian
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
We're doing the dinner package just because we want a seat. Last year people would wait a LONG time in a line just to watch the show and some did not even get in so you get out of line or you wait for the later show.

If you are going to use your DDP you would be foolish if you did not pick Tier 3 just because of the price and making it "worth the 2 credits".

We already said if we'd go on a DDP we'd use it for CLP. It's just a once in a lifetime thing and to be guaranteed a seat is nice. I've done the math on what we would get OOP and it was about 6 bucks over priced which was the increase from last year so I'll think of it as 6 bucks for a seat and the rest for the meal!!!

Hope that helps a bit? I'm psyched to see Vanessa Williams. I saw 4 CLP shows last year (3 waiting in line and 1 on the dinner plan) and they were all Fab!!!!

Ahhh I wanted to go on the Vanessa Williams date because I LOVE Ugly Betty but now I think we're going to go on the 11th if we book the package! Right now I am leaning towards booking the CLP dining package and hopefully getting Le Cellier. I'm also leaning towards NOT doing MVMCP but I keep changing my mind!!

After heading out at the beginning of the MVMCP last year, I would say save the money for something else fun! Disney is a budget stretch for us and we have much better ways to spend that money. Also, I would just attempt the internet and see what happens. If you don't get it then you can always call later. Sometimes the internet is more agreeable first thing in the morning.

Ahhh thank you for the input! I grew up watching those Disney Christmas sing-a-long videos and I have this vision that the MVMCP will be bringing my childhood back, which might be why I am so attached to the idea of going.

You're right about the internet. Also I think you can do internet at 6am EST and you can't call until 7am EST, so I might as well see what I can get on the internet during the hour before I can call, right?

Thanks for stopping by :)

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Just being curious but did you end up calling Poly about piping in the music at Ohana for the Xmas Wishes???

..are you arriving late on the 10th?! We could be on the same DME bus since we're at YC the first night...I'm thinking of a town car too tho lol...

AlohaPolynesian
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Just being curious but did you end up calling Poly about piping in the music at Ohana for the Xmas Wishes???

..are you arriving late on the 10th?! We could be on the same DME bus since we're at YC the first night...I'm thinking of a town car too tho lol...

Nope, our flight gets in around 11am :( I did not call Poly yet and don't know if I will because I might be changing around the plan completely!!

wdwgirl03
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
About MVMCP...we absolutely loved it, so of course I was going to say you should do it. But a lot of the entertainment you can see at the MK without paying the extra admission. Yes it's neat but like a couple others have said, if your mom isn't big on the rides then maybe it would be better to skip it.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree...I'd probably save the money to use on something other than the MVMCP. And, I'd just call in for your ADR's. Just be sure to be on the phone right at 7. It's only an hour later. Plus, being on property, you have the advantage of booking all of them at once.

BELLE1109
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
congrats on the new apartment :goodvibes
I agree about calling! Do you have wireless- Mine was really slow until Verizon came out and 'charged the line'
I have no idea what they did but it helped a lot

AlohaPolynesian
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
About MVMCP...we absolutely loved it, so of course I was going to say you should do it. But a lot of the entertainment you can see at the MK without paying the extra admission. Yes it's neat but like a couple others have said, if your mom isn't big on the rides then maybe it would be better to skip it.

Thanks for the advice girl! My mom said she remembers when we went in 2004 that it was really, really, crowded. Ohh well! Maybe one day.

I agree...I'd probably save the money to use on something other than the MVMCP. And, I'd just call in for your ADR's. Just be sure to be on the phone right at 7. It's only an hour later. Plus, being on property, you have the advantage of booking all of them at once.

Thanks. I think we might use that money to spend a night at Jellyrolls and then go shopping in DTD on our last day!

congrats on the new apartment :goodvibes
I agree about calling! Do you have wireless- Mine was really slow until Verizon came out and 'charged the line'
I have no idea what they did but it helped a lot

Ughhhh...I found a dead roach in my bathroom this morning! And my roommate had the wireless router under the couch :rolleyes1 so I moved it and it seems to be working better. I am miserable at this new place LOL! I'm not friends w/my roommate but I have no TV in my room so I need to sit and listen to her stories while I watch my shows :eek:

Plus my apartment REEKS of :hippie: you know what and it is giving me a headache. I just keep telling myself that it is only a quarter (10 weeks) until I am done!!!!!!!! It was my only option for a short term place to stay during school so I should just be thankful that I have a place to live.

OK sorry, rant over!

AlohaPolynesian
09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm having second thoughts about staying at BWI!! I am thinking about switching to the Polynesian...am I crazy?! What should I do you guys?!

AND I still can't decide on MVMCP or not...and it will affect my ADR's which I book late tonight/early tomorrow...AHH!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
haha are you kidding me?! You are starting to sound like me now with all the changes!!! We debated about staying at Poly the same weekend as it was 30 bucks more a night and decided on WL bc of the xmas feeling (gag me, I'd rather be at Poly) so well, ya haha. I've never stayed at BW and really have no desire too, it just seems too busy for me and the pool area does not impress me what so ever but thats IMOP.

Good luck in the AM!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd stay at BWI with my kids because the slide at their pool looks soooo great. But, I would stay at the Poly if it were just DH and I. I guess that doesn't help...but I think the Poly is more grown up. I've never stayed at either, so I don't REALLLLLLY know...just guessing!

Why not do a tour instead of the MVMCP?

AlohaPolynesian
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
haha are you kidding me?! You are starting to sound like me now with all the changes!!! We debated about staying at Poly the same weekend as it was 30 bucks more a night and decided on WL bc of the xmas feeling (gag me, I'd rather be at Poly) so well, ya haha. I've never stayed at BW and really have no desire too, it just seems too busy for me and the pool area does not impress me what so ever but thats IMOP.

Good luck in the AM!!

Thanks!!

Haha, WL is SOOOOO pretty! However I saw pics of the rooms and that's when I decided I never want to stay there, LOL! I've stayed at the Poly once and it was AMAZING.

I'd stay at BWI with my kids because the slide at their pool looks soooo great. But, I would stay at the Poly if it were just DH and I. I guess that doesn't help...but I think the Poly is more grown up. I've never stayed at either, so I don't REALLLLLLY know...just guessing!

Why not do a tour instead of the MVMCP?

See, I keep reading that BWI is more "grown up" but I've never stayed there so I don't know. But we did stay at Poly once and everyone loved it so I know that would be a safe choice. But it might be fun to try somewhere new. I guess if I don't stay at BWI now I will always wonder what it was like....

We probably won't do a tour because they are all pretty long and we are only there for 2 FULL days. Have you ever done one?

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
haha yes you are right, they are super small compared to Poly but its nice having the bunk beds when you have a brother haha. My Dbro is nearly 6'3 and fits fine in the bunk bed!! When we stayed at Poly ages 13 and 11 we fought over sleeping on the day bed lol haha.

You'll figure it out...

tinkgurl
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Have you ever stayed at BWI? If you haven't, I think it'd be fun to stay somewhere new.

wdwgirl03
09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
As much as I LOVE the Polynesian I agree, it's always fun to stay at a new resort. And the Boardwalk is such a great location...there's so much to do there!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
We did the family magic tour...while it was really fun and a great surprise ending...it's more for kids and parents to do together (like small kids).

shordiebecka
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I think you should try out BWI! I loved it there. the pool is awesome, the location is great.. I wish we could go back!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
how did the ADRs go?! I was able to book all of mine today :) Yay which is a good thing bc I couldn't sleep all night and then went to an aerobics class this morning so I'm going to be dying by the end of work tonight!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Okay so let me share with you the nightmare I had this morning!

First of all, I was having a hard time deciding whether or not to do MVMCP. In the end it came down to the fact that it would change my whole schedule around one way or another. So I had two itineraries written out as of last night and had a backup for each ADR choice.

I wanted to eat somewhere close to MK anytime before the Christmas party, but nothing was available. So I started asking about the restaurants on my other itinerary - without MVMCP - and there were more (but still not what I wanted!) options.

Did that even make sense?

So now...we aren't doing MVMCP, and I didn't get all of the reservations I want. I was looking forward to trying some new places this time but the only new places that were available were places I didn't want to try!

Here's what I ended up with:

12/10
Mama Melrose 1:50PM lunch
Flying Fish 9:30PM dinner

12/11
Sanna 11:45AM lunch

12/12
Wave 12:00PM lunch
Ohana 9:10PM dinner

12/13
Kouzzina 10:30AM breakfast

ALSO, the only restaurant I was interested in that was available as part of the CP dining package was Chefs de France. I've been there before so I was hoping to try someplace new, but we did enjoy it there so I decided to book it. HOWEVER, I also have a late ADR at Coral Reef. If I kept that ADR I would just wait in line for the CP and eat after the show.

What do you guys think?

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
oh wow! Sorry :( I guess you can always just keep trying back. I know of some who were looking for specific times and eventually got them!!!

I too am thinking of changing some things around since Dd decided tonight to tell me, I thought we were doing Mama Melrose not 50s..ahh!!!!

So we'll see, I'm going to review the menu of MM and see. What days are your ADRs??

AlohaPolynesian
09-11-2009, 11:04 PM
oh wow! Sorry :( I guess you can always just keep trying back. I know of some who were looking for specific times and eventually got them!!!

I too am thinking of changing some things around since Dd decided tonight to tell me, I thought we were doing Mama Melrose not 50s..ahh!!!!

So we'll see, I'm going to review the menu of MM and see. What days are your ADRs??

Haha...I love when my family/friends say "just book whatever you want! I'm sure it will be good since you know so much about Disney!" then I ask them if they have ANY preferences..."no, no. you're the expert!" and then we get there "Wait, why aren't we eating at that hawaiian place? i thought we were eating at the aquarium one?" So I know the feeling hahaha at least your dad says it now instead of when you get there!!!

The times are as follows:

12/10 - 1:50PM Mama Melrose
9:30PM Flying Fish

12/11 - 11:45AM Sanaa
5PM Chef de France/ 8:45PM Coral Reef

12/12 - 12PM Wave
3:30 Tea @ GF
9:10 Ohana

12/13 - 10:30AM Kouzzina

Hopefully we will run into each other somewhere along the lines!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Haha. I know. I went on to see if I could get MM for 12/11 (dinner) and 12/14 (lunch) and I could. I just don't know. I know 50s is a safe bet and we like to try new things every trip..well they like to try new things, I've pretty much eaten everywhere after a year and 1/2 living there but we'll see. I'll maybe reask to double check.

Everything sounds good! I LOVE Coral Reef!! Chef's was 'ok' IMOP, I'd do other WS things before that but it was way better than some WS TS too! Tough choice, we debated Chefs as well and went with China which now I'm having mixed feelings about after rereading the menu and seeing that it is pretty much traditional chinese food that you can order at PF Changs locations. ahhh..the horror of ADRS!!!!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-12-2009, 09:05 AM
sorry to take over your TR but I didn't know you were doing tea?! My mom and I did it a year ago now and had a blast. I was a tad nervous with it being in GF but we did a spa morning at GF and then afternoon tea. I did it again in Dec with some of my AK co-CMs and had a blast the second time around. It was fun dressing up in little sun dresses for afternoon tea. If you haven't done it before you're going to love it!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Haha. I know. I went on to see if I could get MM for 12/11 (dinner) and 12/14 (lunch) and I could. I just don't know. I know 50s is a safe bet and we like to try new things every trip..well they like to try new things, I've pretty much eaten everywhere after a year and 1/2 living there but we'll see. I'll maybe reask to double check.

Everything sounds good! I LOVE Coral Reef!! Chef's was 'ok' IMOP, I'd do other WS things before that but it was way better than some WS TS too! Tough choice, we debated Chefs as well and went with China which now I'm having mixed feelings about after rereading the menu and seeing that it is pretty much traditional chinese food that you can order at PF Changs locations. ahhh..the horror of ADRS!!!!!

I really liked Mama Melrose. When I first went with friends I called too book ADR's right after I found the DIS. It was WAY past my 180 days or whatever so I just took what I could get. Then I saw the terrible reviews and was nervous! But I have an awesome Italian nana and she makes delicious food so I think if I can say Mama Melrose was pretty good then it must be decent!

Ya I really wanted to eat at Sanaa and the only day it worked in my schedule was if I did it on the same day we were doing Epcot. So I needed the latest seating for CP dinner package and my choices were: Marrakesh, Biergarten, Nine Dragons, Tokyo Dining, and Chefs de France. I looked at the menus to see what they have for vegetarians and they didn't have much besides Chefs. Plus I've already been there so I know that they do have a decent option or two for me. I still can't decide to do that or wait in like then eat at Coral Reef on my own. I love that place and it's been awhile since I've been back. I didn't choose Nine Dragons because of what you said...I can go to PF Changs and get that stuff!

sorry to take over your TR but I didn't know you were doing tea?! My mom and I did it a year ago now and had a blast. I was a tad nervous with it being in GF but we did a spa morning at GF and then afternoon tea. I did it again in Dec with some of my AK co-CMs and had a blast the second time around. It was fun dressing up in little sun dresses for afternoon tea. If you haven't done it before you're going to love it!!

Yeah I just decided to do it last minute. I grew up staying at the GF...we stopped going to Disney as much when my sister was born and then stopped going completely when my brother was born. So really it was just me and my parents at the GF and I think it would be fun to go back and spend some time there. I'm glad you liked it because I was kind of uncertain but now I'm excited!!

And don't be sorry for taking over my TR. I'm glad someone is reading it LOL

AlohaPolynesian
09-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Ugh you guys I am having the worst weekend ever!!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I need help you guys!!

OK this is going to be a long story, but I really don't know what to do. My parents are annoyed with me and say, "you got yourself into this, you can figure out how to get out of it!"

Here it goes:

I go to college in Chicago and should have graduated with the rest of my class this past June. However, I chose to do my internship out of state last fall and therefore I was unable to take classes. So, I had to come back to school to make up for it this fall. The only thing about that is I ONLY needed to be here for my school's fall quarter which is ten weeks. No one wanted to lease an apartment to me for ten weeks alone, and the few friends that were still here didn't to split rent with someone who was going to be gone before December.

That's when I got a Facebook message from a girl I went to high school with. She graduated this past spring and just got a job here. Her roommate is still in school but would be studying abroad until January. Since I go to school in the same city she was wondering if I knew of anyone who needed to sublet an apartment just for fall. I wrote back and told her that I actually needed a place to live and that would be great.

I was really excited because the apartment is in a great location and close to everything. I wasn't friends with this girl in high school but it was really looking like my only option and I was grateful to have found something.

So fast forward to last Saturday when I moved in. I had seen the apartment before I agreed to live here, and although it's not great, it would do for ten short weeks. But now that I have been here for a week, there are so many things that make me hate living here. I can't sleep at night so I stay up all night and go to Starbucks as soon as it opens! It is really terrible.

Not only does my roommate come home drunk almost every night, go to work after smoking you know what, and then smoking more you know what when she comes home with a random guy, but there are roaches and centipedes all over and I have a RIDICULOUS fear of bugs.

Now I find out that one of my friends who graduated is moving back to Chicago for a job. She is living in a two bedroom apartment and wasn't planning on having a roommate but told me she would be glad to let me live there if I needed to. I also have another friend who commutes from the suburbs who said I am more than welcome to live with her family until November.

Of course I need to find someone to live here. I plan on posting something at school and asking around in my classes, because I feel that finding someone on Craigslist wouldn't be the best idea.

So my question to you all is: How do I tell her I want to move out? Should I find someone first and then tell her "I decided to move in with my friend because _______ but I found someone to move in ASAP" OR should I say "Hey I am thinking about moving out and living with another friend because ________ so before I find someone to move in here do you know of anyone who would want to move in?"

PLEASE help me out...I really don't know what to do. Thanks in advance to everyone

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-13-2009, 08:23 AM
oh wow I'm sorry!! I would for sure make sure you have a solid place to move to before you tell the girl that you are moving out. I've had some friends actually in the same situation and have begun to move before telling the roommate but you need to do what is right for you and that is not a good situation for anyone to be in!! Being that you 2 are not friends in any way, I wouldn't be worried about telling her because you don't have that friend connection and feelings involved. I wouldn't tell her you are moving out until you actually are or know where and when you are going. You don't want to make the situation worse by telling her you are leaving before you do because who knows what she could or might do based on the poor choices she is making now.

As far as your parents, I'm not sure how they can say you got yourself into this situation because they expected you to find someone to live with and you did. Your parents seem like mine in some ways :(

If you ever need to chat let me know!! I've had my fair share of not so wonderful roomies, not as bad as that one but similar patterns: drinking, coming home late, lack of sleep :(

Keep your head up and it will all work out!!

tinkgurl
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I think you should be like, "Hey I am going to be moving out, so before I find someone to move in here do you know anyone who would want to move in?" You don't even have to give her an explanation unless she asks for one.

AlohaPolynesian
09-13-2009, 01:36 PM
oh wow I'm sorry!! I would for sure make sure you have a solid place to move to before you tell the girl that you are moving out. I've had some friends actually in the same situation and have begun to move before telling the roommate but you need to do what is right for you and that is not a good situation for anyone to be in!! Being that you 2 are not friends in any way, I wouldn't be worried about telling her because you don't have that friend connection and feelings involved. I wouldn't tell her you are moving out until you actually are or know where and when you are going. You don't want to make the situation worse by telling her you are leaving before you do because who knows what she could or might do based on the poor choices she is making now.

As far as your parents, I'm not sure how they can say you got yourself into this situation because they expected you to find someone to live with and you did. Your parents seem like mine in some ways :(

If you ever need to chat let me know!! I've had my fair share of not so wonderful roomies, not as bad as that one but similar patterns: drinking, coming home late, lack of sleep :(

Keep your head up and it will all work out!!

Ahh thank you! Well my parents are usually amazing but I think they just feel like I didn't think the whole thing through. But there was no way I would know all of this beforehand! Especially since she was so "normal" in high school. I will let you know what happens, thanks for the advice!!

I actually "tweeted" last night that I couldn't sleep and a friend offered to let me stay with her so that is where I still am right now.

I think you should be like, "Hey I am going to be moving out, so before I find someone to move in here do you know anyone who would want to move in?" You don't even have to give her an explanation unless she asks for one.

That's true. Thank you very much for reading and for the good advice. You guys are the best :)

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Maybe I am just not a nice person...but...

I would just tell her that you are moving out. You don't owe her an explaination...she is doing something that is making you uncomfortable and the bugs...yuck! Plus, she was not your friend before...you aren't really losing anything, right? Maybe that sounds harsh, but sometimes the truth stinks. It maybe would've been nice if she told you that she would be coming home drunk and trying to give you a contact high on a daily basis before you moved in! Plus, how long until she loses her job due to her antics and you are stuck paying rent for both of you? Get out while you can!

tinkgurl
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
That's true. Thank you very much for reading and for the good advice. You guys are the best :)

Hey no problem. That's what friends are for. :)

AlohaPolynesian
09-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey you guys! So I was kind of disappointed with my ADR's because I ended up wanting to do the MVMCP. I don't care if we don't ride rides - I've seen regular Wishes and Spectro a million times. And as much as I love them I know that if I ever go back to Disney, they will be there on any given day of the week. But I don't know if I will ever go back to Disney around the holidays, so I really want to check it out just for the heck of it.

But I also really wanted to eat at Ohana so it was going to take some tricky maneuvering with ADR's to get what I wanted, when I wanted. I was fussing around with online ADR's last night when I couldn't sleep (what's new?) to see what I could do and then I called Disney Dining this morning to check on moving my tea and CP package around.

Here's my new itinerary and ADR's:

12/10
Arrive at MCO. Take ME to BWI and check-in. Hopefully the room will be ready, if not, we will leave our bags with the bellmen.

Head to GF for tea @ 2:20PM. After tea we will probably explore the GF before heading back to MK for the MVMCP! Apparently the gates open for party guests at 4:00PM, so the timing should work out nicely. The party doesn't start until 7:00PM, so we may grab a CS meal around 6 since the food from tea (I heard) isn't very filling. We'll see.

12/11
Wake up for Cape May Cafe breakfast...my mom said no character breakfasts but this was the only one that was available that fit in the plans.

This will be EPCOT day and I got the CP dining package for lunch at Tutto Italia with preferred seating for the 5:00PM showing.

After our show we will head to Flying Fish and then probably go back to EPCOT for EMH!

12/12
Kouzzina breakfast before heading to AK

Go to AKL for Sanaa lunch

DHS...there isn't a lot I like to do here. I still haven't gone on TSM so we will probably wait standby for that seeing as how the FP's will probably be gone by the time we get there. My mom and I are Idol freaks so hopefully we can do the finale show of the AIE. Possibly even do Fantasmic if the timing is right.

Now here's my favorite part...I get to keep my Ohana ressie b/c it is a late one and DHS closes fairly early. I'm pumped!

12/13
Departure day. But we'll head back to MK to try a delish cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery since you guys all talk about them!

Then the Plaza for lunch before heading back to BWI to take ME back to the airport.

What do you guys think of my new plans?!

tinkgurl
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
12/10Head to GF for tea @ 2:20PM. After tea we will probably explore the GF before heading back to MK for the MVMCP! Apparently the gates open for party guests at 4:00PM, so the timing should work out nicely. The party doesn't start until 7:00PM, so we may grab a CS meal around 6 since the food from tea (I heard) isn't very filling. We'll see.

Oh my gosh, tea at the GF will be so much fun! Please take pics!!

Wow, since the gates open at 4 and your tea is at 2:20-that will work out perfectly! You know I love Cosmic Ray's and Pinnochio's for CS! :)

12/11
Wake up for Cape May Cafe breakfast...my mom said no character breakfasts but this was the only one that was available that fit in the plans.

This will be EPCOT day and I got the CP dining package for lunch at Tutto Italia with preferred seating for the 5:00PM showing.

After our show we will head to Flying Fish and then probably go back to EPCOT for EMH!

I've only been to Cape May for dinner, so I'm excited to see what breakfast is like for you!

Oh my gosh, Tutto Italia will be SO YUMMY!

I've never been to Flying Fish, so I'm excited to see how that one is for you too! HAHA

12/12
Kouzzina breakfast before heading to AK

Go to AKL for Sanaa lunch

DHS...there isn't a lot I like to do here. I still haven't gone on TSM so we will probably wait standby for that seeing as how the FP's will probably be gone by the time we get there. My mom and I are Idol freaks so hopefully we can do the finale show of the AIE. Possibly even do Fantasmic if the timing is right.

Now here's my favorite part...I get to keep my Ohana ressie b/c it is a late one and DHS closes fairly early. I'm pumped!

What the heck is Kouzzina?! popcorn::

You HAVE to do TSM!!!!!

The finale show is definately the best American Idol Experience show to go to!

Well that works out that DHS closes early and you're Ohana ADR is late!

12/13
Departure day. But we'll head back to MK to try a delish cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery since you guys all talk about them!

Then the Plaza for lunch before heading back to BWI to take ME back to the airport.

Boo..last day!

Oh you are going to drool when you see those cinnamon rolls! Get there early because they go fast!

shordiebecka
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I think your plans sound great! I'm doing Cape May Cafe for breakfast also...very excited for it! I went to flying fish on my last trip...DBF loved it, I was sick so i couldnt eat anything..but it all looked delicious!

About your roomate situation: just tell her that you're moving out (once you're sure where), give her the date, and tell her you're sorry but it's not working out for you. Be simple and honest- things always get messy any other way.

AlohaPolynesian
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh my gosh, tea at the GF will be so much fun! Please take pics!!

Wow, since the gates open at 4 and your tea is at 2:20-that will work out perfectly! You know I love Cosmic Ray's and Pinnochio's for CS! :)

I've only been to Cape May for dinner, so I'm excited to see what breakfast is like for you!

Oh my gosh, Tutto Italia will be SO YUMMY!

I've never been to Flying Fish, so I'm excited to see how that one is for you too! HAHA

What the heck is Kouzzina?! popcorn::

You HAVE to do TSM!!!!!

The finale show is definately the best American Idol Experience show to go to!

Well that works out that DHS closes early and you're Ohana ADR is late!

Boo..last day!

Oh you are going to drool when you see those cinnamon rolls! Get there early because they go fast!

I will definitely take lots of pics! I haven't eaten at Cosmic Rays for almost 2 years and I don't think I've ever been to Pinnochio's! What do you get there?

I'm excited for my other reservations because I haven't done most of them and I can't wait to tell you guys about them when I get back! Kouzzina is a new restaurant on the Boardwalk where Spoodles used to be. It's by Cat Cora from the Food Network and I guess it has been pretty popular has far as reservations go, but the reviews have been mixed. My mom loves Food Network so she really wanted to see what this place was all about!

Thanks for the tip about the cinnamon rolls!

I think your plans sound great! I'm doing Cape May Cafe for breakfast also...very excited for it! I went to flying fish on my last trip...DBF loved it, I was sick so i couldnt eat anything..but it all looked delicious!

About your roomate situation: just tell her that you're moving out (once you're sure where), give her the date, and tell her you're sorry but it's not working out for you. Be simple and honest- things always get messy any other way.

Aww that is too bad that you were sick :( I hope the Cape May breakfast is good! And thanks for the roommate advice...I'm still working on everything!q

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
we will be at Epcot the same day!! We are doing China for dinner and 6:45 show but we were supposed to do the 5:00 like last year! It will be a good time no matter what time you go!

I always thought Cape May looked good and if you are at BWI, thats really easy to get to!

AlohaPolynesian
09-20-2009, 05:28 PM
we will be at Epcot the same day!! We are doing China for dinner and 6:45 show but we were supposed to do the 5:00 like last year! It will be a good time no matter what time you go!

I always thought Cape May looked good and if you are at BWI, thats really easy to get to!

Yay!! Mini-DIS meet perhaps?! I'm getting so excited. Seriously, the stress of trying to escape that apartment (just got EVERYTHING out...giving the keys to this guy I know who actually wants to live there?!?! tomorrow.) is taking over and now I'm getting sick. I'm SO glad I have Disney to look forward to!

tinkgurl
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't think I've ever been to Pinnochio's! What do you get there?

I always get the Mediterranean Salad. It's SO good.

wdwgirl03
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Just checking in to say hi! :wave2:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I think your plans sound great! I really like Cape May Cafe...plus it's right there...makes sense to eat there! I have actually been reconsidering MVMCP and thinking about checking it out again??

AlohaPolynesian
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I always get the Mediterranean Salad. It's SO good.

Oooh I just looked it up...It looks good even if I get it without chicken!

Just checking in to say hi! :wave2:

Hey girl! Thanks for checking in. I finally moved apartments so this past week has been crazy, I'm sorry for not having any interesting updates!

I think your plans sound great! I really like Cape May Cafe...plus it's right there...makes sense to eat there! I have actually been reconsidering MVMCP and thinking about checking it out again??

Thanks! I think most breakfast buffet's offer the same things, so I'm not worried about the food as much as the atmosphere! Ahhh I can't tell you how many times I decided I was for sure NOT doing it only to decide that I was for sure DOING it and then changing my mind back again!! What night would you go?

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
We are going to MVMCP on the 8th I think...if tickets are still available when we are ready to buy them. (I'm not in a hurry since I am flip flopping on it.)

AlohaPolynesian
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been really busy with school. For some reason I think people are lying when they say your last quarter/semester is the easiest...because this is definitely the most work I've had to do in all my time here at college!

Anyways, I needed a break from studying so I went shopping. When I went past the Disney Store I saw that the princess outfits were 25% off and they had some other great sales going on. Well my sister just booked her family at AKL for the week after I go with my mom and so I just HAD TO buy her a Princess dress! My mom told me to give it to her right before the trip as an early Christmas gift, but I think I want to give it to her when I go home this weekend so she can start wearing it. That way by the time her trip comes and she sees Cinderella, hopefully she will be more excited! Plus they were able to get a reservation at CRT for dinner so maybe she can wear it then!

Here's the dress I bought:

http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/DS09CDYCost?$bundle$

I also got a light up wand to go with it because the accessories were 50% off!

I felt bad not getting my nephew anything so I got him some toy story PJ's that were on sale and a little drawing thing that was also Toy Story and was on sale. I'm sure a 6 year old boy would rather have other things but I didn't know what else to get him!

Then I got the idea to make them little goodie bags before there trip. I got two small Minnie & Mickey stuffed animals because it was buy 1 get 1 free! And also two magic wash clothes that are also Minnie and Mickey!

Well I hope you guys all had a great weekend!!

wdwgirl03
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I totally agree, my last semester of actual classes (before student teaching) was the worst! I had a reading practicum where we tutored kids and I literally had to write 10-page lesson plans every week and then of course I had to prepare all the materials. I could not stand that because in reality what teacher writes plans like that?! :confused3:mad:

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! I miss the Disney Store around here--it was always nice going in there when I needed a quick Disney fix.

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
how nice you are!!!!!!

my last semester of college was pretty rough too. The one before I graduated was filled with student teaching and the one after I graduated was my student teaching so it was pretty rough as well!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
What a great aunt!!!! My BIL and SIL are anti-Disney...even though they have never been. They just say that they don't think it would be something they would have any interest in or enjoy. (My poor little nephew!) So, I told them that if they don't book a trip there by the time he is 5 (he will turn 1 while we are there in December), I am going to take him! No kid should have to go through life without a trip to Disney! Anyway, I plan to get him several gifts while we are there this December! For sure, I am getting him his first set of ears with his name!!!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I totally agree, my last semester of actual classes (before student teaching) was the worst! I had a reading practicum where we tutored kids and I literally had to write 10-page lesson plans every week and then of course I had to prepare all the materials. I could not stand that because in reality what teacher writes plans like that?! :confused3:mad:

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! I miss the Disney Store around here--it was always nice going in there when I needed a quick Disney fix.

Oh my goodness! That's crazy. I just got a paper back and got a 50% on it. Ummmm...I've NEVER done that poorly on ANY assignment EVER! (Well, OK, maybe in high school algebra). Sometimes I think I should become a teacher so I can torture children with bad grades. What's it like?! :lmao:

how nice you are!!!!!!

my last semester of college was pretty rough too. The one before I graduated was filled with student teaching and the one after I graduated was my student teaching so it was pretty rough as well!!

So many teachers on here! And am I nice? Or just trying to brainwash my niece and nephew into loving Disney as much as I do so I have an excuse to go on trips and someone to come with me when no one else will!? :rotfl:

What a great aunt!!!! My BIL and SIL are anti-Disney...even though they have never been. They just say that they don't think it would be something they would have any interest in or enjoy. (My poor little nephew!) So, I told them that if they don't book a trip there by the time he is 5 (he will turn 1 while we are there in December), I am going to take him! No kid should have to go through life without a trip to Disney! Anyway, I plan to get him several gifts while we are there this December! For sure, I am getting him his first set of ears with his name!!!!

ANTI-DISNEY?! :scared1: I can't deal with those kind of people. My younger sister is totally anti-Disney and it's so sad. You definitely have to take your nephew when he is 5 if he hasn't gone already! And totally bring back some ears for him!!:earsboy:

OhioDisneyLover
09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Just me checkin' in and catching up! Cute Cindy outfit. :thumbsup2

shordiebecka
09-28-2009, 07:05 PM
aw that's so nice of you! What a cute dress..and yeah.. I totally agree about school sucking..it's annoying all around for me!!

AlohaPolynesian
09-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Just me checkin' in and catching up! Cute Cindy outfit. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm loving your TR, by the way!!

aw that's so nice of you! What a cute dress..and yeah.. I totally agree about school sucking..it's annoying all around for me!!

Ugh - I had the worst day every today! I can't wait until school is over.

OhioDisneyLover
10-01-2009, 05:06 AM
So, did you start your binder yet??? :lmao:

AlohaPolynesian
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
So, did you start your binder yet??? :lmao:

Hahah don't laugh!! I have a lame little folder as for now...I need to make a cute binder ASAP...so that the guy when I check in at the hotel can laugh at it when I whip it out! hahahaha

OhioDisneyLover
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
any updates???

AlohaPolynesian
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

any updates???

Ahh I'm sorry guys! I'm going to try to update today because my class was canceled! :woohoo:

AlohaPolynesian
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey guys. Sorry it has been so long since a decent update. School is CRAZY! I am so stressed. And, instead of doing homework and studying I am writing up plans for my December vacations to Las Vegas and Disney.

I'm thinking about changing from BWI to GF or Poly...what do you think?!

Here is the first day's itinerary!

Itinerary for “Arrival Day”- Thursday, December 10

7:00 AM → Head to the airport to make our 9 AM flight. We live only about 15 minutes from CLE and there is usually only a small line for security, if any at all.

11:15 AM → Scheduled arrival time for MCO! Hopefully everything will go according to the schedule. This way we can head down to the DME counter and get to the BoardWalk Inn ASAP! My mom rolled her eyes when I told her we are taking the Magical Express. She thinks it is a corny name and since my dad has always rented a car, she has never been on it! Do you think she will like her first DME experience?

1:15 PM → Hopefully we’ll arrive at BWI no later than this. In my past experiences with DME, we usually get to our resort between 1 ス to 2 hours after we land. Depending on how many resorts we have to stop at before ours, and how many people are getting on our bus, I think we should be at our resort by this time. If our room is ready, we can go up and check it out. Otherwise we will just check in and leave our bags with the bell desk. What do you think?

2:30 PM → ADR for Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. We’ve never done this before but I am SO excited. I grew up staying at the Grand Floridian so when I think of Disney I think of the GF! This will be a great way to start off our vacation. Have any of you done this before? Do you think we will make it in time for our ADR?

4:00 PM → I read that if you have a ticket for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party that you can enter the park starting at this time. If this is true, we will head into the park. Hopefully we can grab a CS dinner at Columbia Harbor House before it closes at 7:00 PM. If not, we will spend some time exploring the other Deluxe resorts and check out their Christmas decorations.

7:00 PM – 12:00 AM → Official time for MVMCP! My family did a Grand Gathering in 2004. I was a senior in high school and was in a tiny anti-Disney mood. I still liked it, but I wasn’t as obsessed as I was when I was younger and I didn’t love it as much as I do now! Anyways, it was my parents, younger siblings; my older sister, her husband and their son; my aunt and uncle and their two boys. I was the oldest “kid” on that trip.

Anyways, we did this party but I don’t really remember it because I was just focused on all the little kids. I got excited when my mom said she remembered it…until she said she remembered it being cheesy and crowded. Oh well! This time we are focused on having fun for ourselves, not any little kids or other family members! So I’m determined to have fun.

Based on the things I’ve read about last years party, I hope to do the following things while drinking hot cocoa and eating cookies:
• Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
• Holiday Wishes
• Celebrate the Season Show
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
• Cinderella’s Golden Carousel
• The Haunted Mansion
• It’s a Small World
• Jungle Cruise
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Mickey’s Philharmagic
• Mickey’s Country House
• Minnie’s Country House
• Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
• Peter Pan’s Flight
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Snow White’s Scary Adventures
• TTA

I know we might not be able to do all of those rides/attractions, but I want to try. What we don’t finish we will do when we go back to MK. You’ll notice no big rides are on that list…my mom is NOT a thrill ride person and I don’t really care for them either - I get really bad headaches after riding coasters. Have you guys done MVMCP before? What do you think?

12:00 AM → Take the bus back to BoardWalk Inn.

I know this is going to be a long day, but since we aren’t there for long I need to pack it all in!!

Camster0307
10-08-2009, 01:01 PM
But if you switch from BWI to GF that means we won't get to "bump" into each other on the boardwalk. :guilty: ;)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - life has been crazy for us too.

tinkgurl
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh gosh...well you know that I've stayed at both the Poly and the GF. They are both great places to stay. Since you are going in December, Poly may be more appropriate to give that "tropical" feel of going somewhere warm for the trip. :laughing:

I haven't done Magical Express or MVMCP so I can't help you there!

Camster0307
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Regarding ME - I don't think it's ever taken me more than 1 hour to 1 1/2hrs. to get to my resort. I think you should most definitely be there by 1:15. As for your mom liking it - just keep your fingers crossed that, when you get to your busline, there is either a bus waiting or one soon on it's way. I LOVE ME; but the only thing that puts me in a very bad mood is if I have to wait a long time.

Regarding - MVMCP. You're not going on a DVC discount nite, are you? I find those nights are very crowded. I'm a DVC member and I just refuse to go on the discount nights because of that. I think you'll have no problem getting on those rides. One suggestion - my favorite show that plays during the party in Mickey's 'Twas The NIght Before Christmas. It plays about every hour over in the theater in Tomorrowland. It's an adorable show but it fills up VERY quickly. If you think you'd be interested, I would get there at least 20-30 minutes before showtime. It's a pain to have to stand around and wait, but the show is great and worth it, IMO. :santa:

AlohaPolynesian
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
But if you switch from BWI to GF that means we won't get to "bump" into each other on the boardwalk. :guilty: ;)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - life has been crazy for us too.

Regarding ME - I don't think it's ever taken me more than 1 hour to 1 1/2hrs. to get to my resort. I think you should most definitely be there by 1:15. As for your mom liking it - just keep your fingers crossed that, when you get to your busline, there is either a bus waiting or one soon on it's way. I LOVE ME; but the only thing that puts me in a very bad mood is if I have to wait a long time.

Regarding - MVMCP. You're not going on a DVC discount nite, are you? I find those nights are very crowded. I'm a DVC member and I just refuse to go on the discount nights because of that. I think you'll have no problem getting on those rides. One suggestion - my favorite show that plays during the party in Mickey's 'Twas The NIght Before Christmas. It plays about every hour over in the theater in Tomorrowland. It's an adorable show but it fills up VERY quickly. If you think you'd be interested, I would get there at least 20-30 minutes before showtime. It's a pain to have to stand around and wait, but the show is great and worth it, IMO. :santa:

Thanks for the tip about the show. I've added it to my to-do list! I don't know if it is a DVC night or not. Which night are you doing the party? And if I do decide to switch resorts I still hope we will be able to run into each other at some point!

PS Aren't you going to a Jonas concert this weekend?!?!

Oh gosh...well you know that I've stayed at both the Poly and the GF. They are both great places to stay. Since you are going in December, Poly may be more appropriate to give that "tropical" feel of going somewhere warm for the trip. :laughing:

I haven't done Magical Express or MVMCP so I can't help you there!

Thanks girl! You make a good point about Poly. Plus MK is my favorite park so I feel like I should be closer to it! I don't know I still can't decide!

I am loving the new tickers in your signature!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
yay update!!! I also updated tonight, it must be in the air!!

Like I said before, my fam and I have no desire to stay at BWI but I'm always up for staying at new places so I mean if it was a good deal I might stay there just to say I've stayed there. The only ones I havent are BWI, GF, and CR so we'll see maybe one day!

You should have plenty of time to make your ADR at GF assuming you don't have major bus issues or monorail issues. If not I'm sure they will still take you, they are open into the evening and you will have a blast!!

MVMCP is fun :) I hope they have the mickey/minnie stage show again in Tmwland bc the stage they did it on last year has been torn down and replaced with the Stitch one in front of SM which does not have seats so I'll be curious to see what happens! The party will be more busy on a Friday because locals will tend to go on a Friday and not a Sunday bc of the work week but they limit tickets so you should be fine!

Sounds great so far! Keep us posted on the resort possible change!

OhioDisneyLover
10-09-2009, 04:11 AM
I really want to stay at the Poly. Have you decided if you're changing your resort yet?

Can't wait to see pictures of MVMCP either. We were there only once during the holiday season and ended up coming home early. :sad2:

wdwgirl03
10-09-2009, 06:53 AM
OK, going to answer what I can!

This is such a tought one...you know I love the Polynesian and would stay there again in a heartbeat. But I also like staying at different resorts to try something new. We have never stayed at the Boardwalk (yet, that is!) but it's really a neat area. I might just stick with the Boardwalk.

Do you think she will like her first DME experience?
YES! The Magical Express is a lot of fun, especially if you have a good driver. It kind of starts the whole Disney experience.

Hopefully we値l arrive at BWI no later than this. In my past experiences with DME, we usually get to our resort between 1 ス to 2 hours after we land. Depending on how many resorts we have to stop at before ours, and how many people are getting on our bus, I think we should be at our resort by this time. If our room is ready, we can go up and check it out. Otherwise we will just check in and leave our bags with the bell desk. What do you think?

That sounds about right...we always seem to get there about 2 hours after we land too.

Have you guys done MVMCP before? What do you think?
We did it last December and had a blast! With being able to get into the park early, you'd be surprised how much you can get done. At all 3 of the parties we've gone to that's when we tend to do a bunch of attractions so later in the evening we can enjoy the party events like the fireworks, shows, and parade.

Hope I helped a little!

Camster0307
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the tip about the show. I've added it to my to-do list! I don't know if it is a DVC night or not. Which night are you doing the party? And if I do decide to switch resorts I still hope we will be able to run into each other at some point!

PS Aren't you going to a Jonas concert this weekend?!?!

I'm a dunce. Didn't see the date in your itinerary and, wouldn't you know, we're going to MVMCP on the 10th also! And no, it's not a discount night so I think the crowds will be manageable and you should have no problem doing everything you want! Maybe we can see you there. :thumbsup2

And yes, our Jonas Brothers concert is tomorrow. Lauren is so excited to have a friend come along this time. Our seats are NO WHERE near as close as they were for the show in Boston (actually think we may be in the last row. LOL); so I doubt I'll get any pix. Oh well, we're just happy to see them again. :thumbsup2

tinkgurl
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I am loving the new tickers in your signature!!

Thanks! I love how close you are getting on your ticker! :yay:

AlohaPolynesian
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
yay update!!! I also updated tonight, it must be in the air!!

Like I said before, my fam and I have no desire to stay at BWI but I'm always up for staying at new places so I mean if it was a good deal I might stay there just to say I've stayed there. The only ones I havent are BWI, GF, and CR so we'll see maybe one day!

You should have plenty of time to make your ADR at GF assuming you don't have major bus issues or monorail issues. If not I'm sure they will still take you, they are open into the evening and you will have a blast!!

MVMCP is fun :) I hope they have the mickey/minnie stage show again in Tmwland bc the stage they did it on last year has been torn down and replaced with the Stitch one in front of SM which does not have seats so I'll be curious to see what happens! The party will be more busy on a Friday because locals will tend to go on a Friday and not a Sunday bc of the work week but they limit tickets so you should be fine!

Sounds great so far! Keep us posted on the resort possible change!

I still can't decide. I'm scared if I call to see if it is available and it is then I'll switch. So I have to decide one way or another before I call! I'll let you know what I decide...

I really want to stay at the Poly. Have you decided if you're changing your resort yet?

Can't wait to see pictures of MVMCP either. We were there only once during the holiday season and ended up coming home early. :sad2:

Haven't decided! Poly is amazing - stayed there once but loved it! We did CL and had an amazing view of the castle. I just think being in the MK resort area at Christmastime might be more fun than BWI.

OK, going to answer what I can!

This is such a tought one...you know I love the Polynesian and would stay there again in a heartbeat. But I also like staying at different resorts to try something new. We have never stayed at the Boardwalk (yet, that is!) but it's really a neat area. I might just stick with the Boardwalk.

Do you think she will like her first DME experience?
YES! The Magical Express is a lot of fun, especially if you have a good driver. It kind of starts the whole Disney experience.

Hopefully we値l arrive at BWI no later than this. In my past experiences with DME, we usually get to our resort between 1 ス to 2 hours after we land. Depending on how many resorts we have to stop at before ours, and how many people are getting on our bus, I think we should be at our resort by this time. If our room is ready, we can go up and check it out. Otherwise we will just check in and leave our bags with the bell desk. What do you think?

That sounds about right...we always seem to get there about 2 hours after we land too.

Have you guys done MVMCP before? What do you think?
We did it last December and had a blast! With being able to get into the park early, you'd be surprised how much you can get done. At all 3 of the parties we've gone to that's when we tend to do a bunch of attractions so later in the evening we can enjoy the party events like the fireworks, shows, and parade.

Hope I helped a little!

You did help! Actually, no you didn't because you said to stick with BoardWalk Inn. LOL. I was almost set on changing to GF until I read that! Thanks for reading!!

I'm a dunce. Didn't see the date in your itinerary and, wouldn't you know, we're going to MVMCP on the 10th also! And no, it's not a discount night so I think the crowds will be manageable and you should have no problem doing everything you want! Maybe we can see you there. :thumbsup2

And yes, our Jonas Brothers concert is tomorrow. Lauren is so excited to have a friend come along this time. Our seats are NO WHERE near as close as they were for the show in Boston (actually think we may be in the last row. LOL); so I doubt I'll get any pix. Oh well, we're just happy to see them again. :thumbsup2

How was the concert?! I saw Taylor Swift on Friday and she was disappointing. She thought she was really cool and was not very humble. She also had one of her dancers dressed up like Joe Jonas for when she sang the song she wrote about him. She needs to get over it!

Anyways, we should definitely try to meet up at the party. We can figure out details when it gets closer!

Thanks! I love how close you are getting on your ticker! :yay:

Me too! Thanks for reading!

AlohaPolynesian
10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Itinerary for Day 2 - Friday, December 11

8:30 AM → Breakfast ADR for Kouzzina on the BoardWalk. My mom is excited about trying this place and I think it is the only thing she is actually excited about on the whole trip! The breakfast stuff looks pretty basic so it seems like it will be hard to mess up. Have you guys been here yet?

10:00 AM → After breakfast I want to head to Downtown Disney to shop and walk around. What is your favorite place to shop in DTD?

1:00 PM → We should be heading back to EPCOT by now, if not sooner.

1:50 PM → ADR for Tutto Italia as part of the Candlelight Processional package. I had dinner here in March but if you read my dining review you値l know I didn稚 eat much of my food nor to I really remember what it tasted like. You see, before our dinner ADR we had been drinking around the World Showcase, so my belly was full from delicious drinks! I look forward to eating here and I think my half Italian mom will like it, too. I know people say it is a waste of 2 TS for lunch as part of the CP package, but it worked better in our schedule. After our lunch we will probably explore Future World.

5:00 PM → Our Candlelight Processional performance time. We will probably line up earlier even though we have the preferred seating pass. I believe Andy Garcia is the narrator and I am bummed because I値l be missing Vanessa Williams by one day! I am a huge Ugly Betty fan so I would have loved to see her. Oh well, that痴 what I get for scheduling my whole trip around the only Ohana reservation I could get!! Have you guys ever been to the CP? What did you think?

7:10 PM → ADR for Flying Fish. I知 excited about this one after reading about it on the dining boards and seeing some reviews. Looks good and my mom actually wanted to go here, so you know I booked it. Have you ever eaten here?

9:00 PM → Illuminations. I was told that our CP package includes preferred seating for this as well. I wonder where it is? After this we will probably use EMH to finish exploring around the World Showcase and maybe drink around the world!

12:00AM → Park closes. Maybe we will go back to the resort and crash or we might head over to Jellyrolls. I need to figure out what time it stays open until! Have any of you been there before?

wdwgirl03
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Favorite place to shop at Downtown Disney? Definitely World of Disney!

The Candlelight Processional is AMAZING!!! The choir is so good and it's such a neat show. It gets you into the Christmas spirit. :thumbsup2

So what did you decide on the resort?!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry that school has you so busy, but glad you are back! You plans are looking really good! I think you should make that tea adr no problem. I also think if you are thinking about changing anything, it should be to the Poly just because I think it's gorgeous there! We went to the MVMCP a few years ago and said that it wasn't worth going back to again, but we are anyway! And, in 2006 we were in the preferred seating line for CP, waiting for them to open the gates to sit and the skies opened up! I mean it poured! It was Christmas day and we had been in Epcot all day and it rained off and on all day. So, we had had enough by that time...and got out of line, b-lined it for the entrance and got on a bus back to Pop. So, sadly, a showing was just in our reach and we missed out! We are not doing anything for preferred seating this time. We may or may not go and do stand by?? We'll see how things go.

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
My fav store in DTD is WOD and I really like the toy store too :) well and the Xmas store and well most of them but that's the whole point of DTD and the free chocolate at Girad.

We did CP last year for the first time ever and we ate lunch at Teppan Edo and did the 5:00 show. I think we got in line for the show about 4:15 and the line from America was already back to Japan for preferred seating so we didn't have to walk far to enter the line. The group we ate beside said to get in line 20 mins before the show and needless to say we saw them walking past us later on and that line was nearly to France by then 20/25 mins later so you still need to line up somewhat early for the show even though you will get a seat. When they let you in the theatre you just walk and pick your seat, they do not seat you which is kind of nice because you get to pick and choose and once all the line of preferred is cleared they will save some close space near the stage but let the stand-by line fill in the back. We were about 7 rows from the stage in the center and loved it!!

I've been to Jellyrolls a few times--CMs get in for free. It's not like a dance/bar like the clubs in PI but more like sitting at a table with your drink and popcorn and watching the dueling pianos. You can go up and pay to request a song. They have this awesome kool-aid adult drink for 9 bucks and comes in this HUGE cup. Atlantic Dance Hall is not worth the money if you have to pay. It could be an awesome club like the ones at PI but no one ever goes there. Jellyrolls gets good business!!

Hope that helps a bit :)

tinkgurl
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
What is your favorite place to shop in DTD?

I love: The Christmas shop, WoD, and Tren-D. Sorry, that's more than one favorite. :rotfl2:

OhioDisneyLover
10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I have three favorites! 1) Christmas Shop, 2) WoD (mostly for the AP discount :thumbsup2) and 3) Tren-D

I can't wait to hear what you think about Kouzzina for breakfast. We loved dinner there.

inkedupmomma
10-13-2009, 05:15 PM
uhm..HI.. I guess I live under a rock, because I JUST noticed your PTR link in your siggy, sawwy :)

So..did you ever move out of the roach apartment with drunk friend?

AlohaPolynesian
10-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Favorite place to shop at Downtown Disney? Definitely World of Disney!

The Candlelight Processional is AMAZING!!! The choir is so good and it's such a neat show. It gets you into the Christmas spirit. :thumbsup2

So what did you decide on the resort?!

I talked to my mom and she said that the GF was nice but after trying other resorts she feels like GF is too "stuffy" and she would rather go somewhere more relaxing aka Poly or stay at BWI for something new!

I'm sorry that school has you so busy, but glad you are back! You plans are looking really good! I think you should make that tea adr no problem. I also think if you are thinking about changing anything, it should be to the Poly just because I think it's gorgeous there! We went to the MVMCP a few years ago and said that it wasn't worth going back to again, but we are anyway! And, in 2006 we were in the preferred seating line for CP, waiting for them to open the gates to sit and the skies opened up! I mean it poured! It was Christmas day and we had been in Epcot all day and it rained off and on all day. So, we had had enough by that time...and got out of line, b-lined it for the entrance and got on a bus back to Pop. So, sadly, a showing was just in our reach and we missed out! We are not doing anything for preferred seating this time. We may or may not go and do stand by?? We'll see how things go.

Yes my mom said if we do change any resort she would want it to be the Poly! I can't believe it poured while you were waiting in that line!!

My fav store in DTD is WOD and I really like the toy store too :) well and the Xmas store and well most of them but that's the whole point of DTD and the free chocolate at Girad.

We did CP last year for the first time ever and we ate lunch at Teppan Edo and did the 5:00 show. I think we got in line for the show about 4:15 and the line from America was already back to Japan for preferred seating so we didn't have to walk far to enter the line. The group we ate beside said to get in line 20 mins before the show and needless to say we saw them walking past us later on and that line was nearly to France by then 20/25 mins later so you still need to line up somewhat early for the show even though you will get a seat. When they let you in the theatre you just walk and pick your seat, they do not seat you which is kind of nice because you get to pick and choose and once all the line of preferred is cleared they will save some close space near the stage but let the stand-by line fill in the back. We were about 7 rows from the stage in the center and loved it!!

I've been to Jellyrolls a few times--CMs get in for free. It's not like a dance/bar like the clubs in PI but more like sitting at a table with your drink and popcorn and watching the dueling pianos. You can go up and pay to request a song. They have this awesome kool-aid adult drink for 9 bucks and comes in this HUGE cup. Atlantic Dance Hall is not worth the money if you have to pay. It could be an awesome club like the ones at PI but no one ever goes there. Jellyrolls gets good business!!

Hope that helps a bit :)

Excuse me.....all I got out of this post was FREE CHOCOLATE. :laughing: Where?!!??!

OK but seriously thanks for all the good feedback that definitely helped!

I love: The Christmas shop, WoD, and Tren-D. Sorry, that's more than one favorite. :rotfl2:

Hahah it is OK! You always talked about Tren D in your TR so I will definitely have to go check it out!

I have three favorites! 1) Christmas Shop, 2) WoD (mostly for the AP discount :thumbsup2) and 3) Tren-D

I can't wait to hear what you think about Kouzzina for breakfast. We loved dinner there.

Your dinner there looked pretty good, even though I don't really like Greek food...:confused3 I'm sorry!! LOL so hopefully I can handle breakfast. I will let you know how it is for sure!

uhm..HI.. I guess I live under a rock, because I JUST noticed your PTR link in your siggy, sawwy :)

So..did you ever move out of the roach apartment with drunk friend?

It's okay, you are busy writing your fabulous TR!

And yes I did...one of my friends from the sorority I used to be in just started grad school and moved back downtown here. Her dad bought her a 2 bedroom condo in this ridiculous building and no one was living in the other bedroom. So they are charging me just what I paid at the other place (when it should definitely definitely definitely be WAY more!). HUGE life saver!! AND NO MORE ROACHES!!!!:worship:

Thanks for reading!

jordanyosh
10-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I've been to Flying Fish 3-4 times. Great food!

My only concern about your ADR times is getting the max enjoyment out of your meals. Just a suggestion...pushing your ADR at Flying Fish til 8ish and skipping Illuminations. Just a thought.

Jellyrolls is open til 2am, but last call is at 1:30am and they have a cover charge all the way up til the end. It's not owned by Disney...

Best night used to be Tuesday nights CM night, but with Pleasure Island closed now it might be different.....

AlohaPolynesian
10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I've been to Flying Fish 3-4 times. Great food!

My only concern about your ADR times is getting the max enjoyment out of your meals. Just a suggestion...pushing your ADR at Flying Fish til 8ish and skipping Illuminations. Just a thought.

Jellyrolls is open til 2am, but last call is at 1:30am and they have a cover charge all the way up til the end. It's not owned by Disney...

Best night used to be Tuesday nights CM night, but with Pleasure Island closed now it might be different.....

Thanks for coming over to check out my PTR! I will check on the ADR times for Flying Fish and hopefully can move it back. I really don't like Illuminations so that might be a good idea!!

LBelle0890
10-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Subbing in! :goodvibes I hope your mom likes Disney a little more this time around. I love, love The Boardwalk! It's just the place to be in the "World" :thumbsup2 I'm sure you have gone through the menu for Tutto, but as a suggestion the lasagna is YUMMY! Can't wait to read more of your PTR!

AlohaPolynesian
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Subbing in! :goodvibes I hope your mom likes Disney a little more this time around. I love, love The Boardwalk! It's just the place to be in the "World" :thumbsup2 I'm sure you have gone through the menu for Tutto, but as a suggestion the lasagna is YUMMY! Can't wait to read more of your PTR!

Thanks so much for joining in! I am glad to hear that you like the Boardwalk because I am still having second thoughts about staying there :confused3. As much as I like to try new things - I hate change! But I keep telling myself that maybe BWI will become my new favorite resort and I won't know until I try it.

Thanks for the lasagna suggestion. I'll have to tell my mom to try it because I am actually a vegetarian :hippie:!

beyondblessed
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi! I love your screen name!!! :lovestruc Congratulations on your graduation!

Thanks for posting on my PTR - can't wait to see where you end up staying. I'm subbing now! ;)

AlohaPolynesian
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi! I love your screen name!!! :lovestruc Congratulations on your graduation!

Thanks for posting on my PTR - can't wait to see where you end up staying. I'm subbing now! ;)

Thanks for reading!! I have no idea what I am doing about resort. I will probably wait until the last minute just so I won't have to make the decision myself if something is booked, ya know what I mean? If I called today and they said Poly or GF or whatever was available, then I'd actually have to decide! But if I call and they say it's booked, then too bad but I won't have to make the decision!

AlohaPolynesian
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Sorry it has been so long guys! There really isn't much interesting stuff to report right now and I have been super busy with school. Why is everything always due at once? And why is it that the ONE class I miss because I feel like I am getting sick is the class we have a pop quiz that I can't be excused for? Everyone else skips ALL THE TIME!! I think I am the only student who goes to every class session. Give me a break! Sorry for that rant! Oh well, I can get over it because....

In ONE MONTH I WILL BE A COLLEGE GRADUATE!! :cool1:

Also, please pray/cross your fingers/wish upon a star that I am not sick! I went to visit my sister at Duke for family weekend and just got back today. EVERYONE was coughing their lungs out and I just think that is what's wrong! I need to stay healthy because...

On Thursday I am going to Los Angeles! (I know, if I have so much homework maybe I should actually stay here and do it, right?!) :rolleyes1

If you read my last TR, you will remember my friend, Belle. She just moved to LA for grad school and I am visiting her. Since she knows how much I love Disney, she bought us tickets to go to Disneyland!

So next Friday I will be at Disneyland!! I'm thinking about making a Twitter account to update you guys - since I left my camera at home (my mom is sending it but I don't know if it will get here before I leave)- instead of just posting pictures when I come back. What do you think?

We're also going to a taping of Conan O'Brien, a tour of Dodger Stadium, and all that other touristy Hollywood stuff!

When I come home I promise to do a real update on my WDW trip because hopefully I won't have a lot more HW to do until finals!

Thanks for staying tuned, everyone!

tinkgurl
10-25-2009, 11:02 PM
That will be so exciting! Have fun girl! And...I hope you didn't catch a flu!

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-26-2009, 08:46 AM
how fun!!!!!!

One of my roomies from WDW lives out in Cali and I've been wanting to go visit so bad but she is just starting ultra sound school and is super busy with school and working at a hospital for her school that she would not have time :( I'm hoping maybe next summer I can fly out for a long weekend!!

Safe travels :)

wdwgirl03
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, one month only?! Crazy! We just got the information on my sister's graduation. Can't believe she's almost done. :eek:

YAY for going to Disneyland!!! Ahh I'm so jealous, I really want to go back to there.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
That is super exciting! I want to go to LA so bad! I hope you get the camera in time so we can see pix of everything!!! Have fun and good luck with those finals!

AlohaPolynesian
10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
That will be so exciting! Have fun girl! And...I hope you didn't catch a flu!

Thanks! I feel better today so hopefully I will be fine for my trip!

how fun!!!!!!

One of my roomies from WDW lives out in Cali and I've been wanting to go visit so bad but she is just starting ultra sound school and is super busy with school and working at a hospital for her school that she would not have time :( I'm hoping maybe next summer I can fly out for a long weekend!!

Safe travels :)

Thanks!! I can't wait to tell you guys about it.

Wow, one month only?! Crazy! We just got the information on my sister's graduation. Can't believe she's almost done. :eek:

YAY for going to Disneyland!!! Ahh I'm so jealous, I really want to go back to there.

I didn't really like my last time in Disney, but I was also too young to appreciate what I would now. Plus I didn't know how different it was from WDW and ended up being disappointed b/c I hadn't been to WDW for 4 years and missed it!

That is super exciting! I want to go to LA so bad! I hope you get the camera in time so we can see pix of everything!!! Have fun and good luck with those finals!

Thanks! I hope I get it in time too, otherwise I will make my friend take a million pics! I need to catch up on your PTR later tonight!

EastYorkDisneyFan
10-27-2009, 12:47 AM
If you want to see a little bit about Disneyland check out the link in my sig, also if you have any questions for someone who considers WDW his home park about what DLR is like PM me or just ask me anywhere

AlohaPolynesian
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
If you want to see a little bit about Disneyland check out the link in my sig, also if you have any questions for someone who considers WDW his home park about what DLR is like PM me or just ask me anywhere

Thanks I will definitely check it out!

Dis_Yoda
10-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm in!

I'll probably be at MVMCP that night too!

And I dont have an ADR for Flying Fish but that's where I was going to try to walk in to eat at the bar since I'm solo this next trip. So maybe I'll see ya around.

AlohaPolynesian
11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm in!

I'll probably be at MVMCP that night too!

And I dont have an ADR for Flying Fish but that's where I was going to try to walk in to eat at the bar since I'm solo this next trip. So maybe I'll see ya around.

Awesome!! I've always wanted to do a solo trip but I don't know if I could handle it all by myself. Thanks for reading!

AlohaPolynesian
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey guys! I am back from LA! I think I got sick while I was there so I'm not feeling too great right now. Disneyland was so much fun! I regret not staying longer but Belle had promised some friends that we would go out with them that night, so we were not there all day. Anyways, I thought I'd post some pictures from the trip and share some stories with you guys! I'm off to class in a few minutes, but here are some pictures to get you started...

First we went to see a taping of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien! It was a lot of fun, but I liked seeing Jay Leno there a few years ago better. Conan was very funny but didn't seem to want to interact with the audience very much as I remember Jay doing.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/4068462619_c4a031ca9b.jpg

The we ate dinner at Katsuya in Hollywood. It was right on Hollywood & Vine so of course I just kept thinking of Disney! (Weird, because I know the Disney versions are named after the Hollywood ones! I just can't help but find Disney in everywhere I go, though!) If you follow celebrity gossip at all, you'll know that famous people are often seen coming out of the restaurant. We were hoping to see some celebrities in there, especially since when we got there we saw paparazzi outside!

We ordered some YUMMY drinks...these could possibly win in a battle of the best drinks ever with some of the WDW drinks! The pink one is a watermelon cucumber mojito and the green one was a kiwi cocktail!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3482/4069217298_e75177aef2.jpg

Dinner was yummy and since I had been traveling all day we just decided to go back to Belle's apartment so that we would be well rested for Disney in the morning! But, what celebrities did we see on our way out?! Stay tuned!

jordanyosh
11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
those drinks look great.

tinkgurl
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh c'mon..don't leave us with a cliffhanger! :laughing:

That's so funny you were on Hollywood & Vine!! Of course you thought of DHS! :)

wdwgirl03
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
That stinks you got sick but glad you had fun at Disneyland! Can't wait to hear what you have to say. popcorn::

inkedupmomma
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
those drinks do look yummy! i could go for one right now! glad you had fun, sorry you feel sickly!

TinkerbellLuvr7
11-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I can't wait to hear more!! sorry you are sick :( I found out I have an ear infection now and the ear drops were $109 bc my insurance sucks and of course I didn't pay it but between an hour at the pharmacy and a horrible day at work, I just had to sit in my car and have a good cry!!

Hopefully your day was better...38 days for us and it can't come soon enough!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Awwwwww! Really???? Who was it? My DH always makes fun of me because I am a celebrity gossip queen! LOL I HAVE to know who you saw and I hope you got some pix!

AlohaPolynesian
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
those drinks look great.

They tasted great, too!

Oh c'mon..don't leave us with a cliffhanger! :laughing:

That's so funny you were on Hollywood & Vine!! Of course you thought of DHS! :)

I know, I am such a nerd!!

That stinks you got sick but glad you had fun at Disneyland! Can't wait to hear what you have to say. popcorn::

I know :( I did NOT like Disneyland my first time there so I'm excited to tell you about this trip!

those drinks do look yummy! i could go for one right now! glad you had fun, sorry you feel sickly!

Thanks momma!

I can't wait to hear more!! sorry you are sick :( I found out I have an ear infection now and the ear drops were $109 bc my insurance sucks and of course I didn't pay it but between an hour at the pharmacy and a horrible day at work, I just had to sit in my car and have a good cry!!

Hopefully your day was better...38 days for us and it can't come soon enough!

Awww! I hope you are feeling better now! Yeah I had to pick up my asthma medicine and it was pretty expensive, too.

Awwwwww! Really???? Who was it? My DH always makes fun of me because I am a celebrity gossip queen! LOL I HAVE to know who you saw and I hope you got some pix!

Hahaha I am glad you are a celeb gossip queen! Then you'll understand the fact that on my whole trip I was just looking around, waiting to see someone famous! Except there are so, so, so many people there TRYING to be famous that sometimes it's hard.

AlohaPolynesian
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
OK guys. So I just need to vent about my week. I've been sick ever since I got back from LA. TERRIBLE sore throat, yucky cough, runny nose, etc. I barely have a voice left and I had to do a presentation for class yesterday :eek: One more week of class before finals and of course I've had to miss most of my classes this week because I feel like death on two legs. Anyways, on with the show...

So which celebrity did we see outside of Katsuya!?!

Who do you think?

Did we freak out?!

Did we get a picture with them?!

Were they nice?!

Okay, I'll just tell you.....

We saw.....

NO ONE!!!

That's right. Of all the tabloid photos I see of people coming out of there, we saw absolutely no one famous. Even the paparazzi were standing outside waiting for a celebrity to eat there!! Sorry to trick you guys, but I wanted you to feel how I felt when we were in there wondering if we would see someone or not, :lmao:

Okay, so we went back to Belle's apartment and just went to sleep because we wanted to wake up early for DISNEYLAND! Now my first trip here was back in 2003. I loved Disney but I didn't appreciate it the way I do now. Plus, I had NO idea that the two resorts were totally different. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I got there and saw how much smaller everything was.

So this time going into it I kind of knew what to expect and was actually looking forward to it. We were not going to be able to spend all day there or do the other park, California Adventure, but I was still excited.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/4069217476_5c57a6edee_b.jpg

We got there around 9:00AM - it opened at 8:00. But we still got a great parking spot on the 2nd floor. Those parking garages are like clockwork and I LOVE how easy it is to get in and out.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2441/4068464665_ed70ece762.jpg

We walked to the stop for the tram and while we were waiting I took some pictures of the cool signs up for Halloween.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2567/4069218278_f7a2eaf8bf.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2557/4069217724_dc2874cff3.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2583/4068463871_94cdb19a16.jpg

So cute! I'm totally being Cruella de Vil for Halloween next year. I think it would be funny considering I'm a huge dog lover and animal rights person, LOL! So then we walked in through the bag check to the plaza that separates one park from the other. Someday I want to check out the other side!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2457/4069218778_fe11fe9c8f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2570/4068470695_1bb30365a1_b.jpg

Then I took this amazingly crooked pictures of the decorations above the gates to the original Disney park.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3535/4068470935_5b03360145.jpg

Stay tuned to see the inside of the park!

tinkgurl
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Since I've never been to Disneyland, I can't wait to see inside the park!

wdwgirl03
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Ahhh I'm excited just looking at the entrance! Man I want to go back to Disneyland.

jordanyosh
11-04-2009, 08:15 PM
you saw no one? bummer....if you were around LA for any amount of time, you would see someone eventually.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
That stinks that you didn't see anyone! We went to Cape Cod several times for vacations. Every time we go, I drag DH out to Hyannis and get on the beach next to the Kennedy compound. The first time we ever found it, we drove around FOREVER until we got to it! I was not giving up though! When we finally found it, we saw the signs that said stay off the beach and no tresspassing. Well, that didn't stop me! I had mu picture taken on the beach right in front of the main house! Maybe a bit psycho, but as close to a celebrity as I could get. And, I don't even like the Kennedys!!! I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan and blame them for her death. Rant..... Anyway, I have also seen McKenzie Phillips at a local ice cream stand here. And about 2 years ago I was in Target and Paul Sorvino was shopping. I circled him about 25 times...he must've thought I was a serious stalker!!! LOL Just thought I'd share my celebrity run-ins with you!

Can't wait to see the inside of DL!!!!! I am determined to get there one day!!!

eliz991
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey! Congrats on your soon-to-be college graduation! I was going to ask you what you were planning to do next and what your major was, but then I realized that would make me sound like someone's mother. :laughing:

I like the pics of Disneyland...can't wait to see more.:goodvibes

AlohaPolynesian
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Since I've never been to Disneyland, I can't wait to see inside the park!

It was really cute, but pretty different. I think you'd like it, though :)

Ahhh I'm excited just looking at the entrance! Man I want to go back to Disneyland.

Haha I know how much you loved it!

you saw no one? bummer....if you were around LA for any amount of time, you would see someone eventually.

I know!! I guess I just need to move there, haha!

That stinks that you didn't see anyone! We went to Cape Cod several times for vacations. Every time we go, I drag DH out to Hyannis and get on the beach next to the Kennedy compound. The first time we ever found it, we drove around FOREVER until we got to it! I was not giving up though! When we finally found it, we saw the signs that said stay off the beach and no tresspassing. Well, that didn't stop me! I had mu picture taken on the beach right in front of the main house! Maybe a bit psycho, but as close to a celebrity as I could get. And, I don't even like the Kennedys!!! I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan and blame them for her death. Rant..... Anyway, I have also seen McKenzie Phillips at a local ice cream stand here. And about 2 years ago I was in Target and Paul Sorvino was shopping. I circled him about 25 times...he must've thought I was a serious stalker!!! LOL Just thought I'd share my celebrity run-ins with you!

Can't wait to see the inside of DL!!!!! I am determined to get there one day!!!

YES! Thanks for sharing your celebrity run-ins, I loved them!!!

Hey! Congrats on your soon-to-be college graduation! I was going to ask you what you were planning to do next and what your major was, but then I realized that would make me sound like someone's mother. :laughing:

I like the pics of Disneyland...can't wait to see more.:goodvibes

Thanks for coming over here to check out my PTR! I'm used to people asking me that question and you wouldn't sound like someone's mother! Everyoneeeeee asks!:thumbsup2 My degree will be in Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Sociology. I'd love to work for an animal welfare organization or a sports team. I did a few internships in sports and have applied for a few more since there are VERY few "real" job openings, so we will see what happens!

AlohaPolynesian
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
OK, I'll try to finish this up. After all I am just home sick laying on the couch! So I last left off with us walking up to the gates of Disneyland Park. As soon we got in we saw this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2480/4069225732_82e9f79d29_b.jpg

Decorations for Halloween!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3496/4068472379_0bb94c8d70_b.jpg

Why are all my pictures crooked!? Anyways, it looks adorable and I couldn't wait to go inside. We wanted our picture in front of the entrance but there were a thousand people with the same idea, so we decided to just head on in.

This is what you see when you look down Main Street. Kind of a shock, at least for me, since I am expecting to see a massive castle that belongs to my girl - Cinderella!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/4069225892_75e95e1e86_b.jpg

Belle and I had to stop to get our picture in front of this! Little did all of the people in the front know that the back of the pumpkin had the same face, and a Photopass photographer was waiting to take our pictures! For those of you that don't know me, I'm the blonde.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2726/4068473333_74888b8464_b.jpg

Love this statue and of course the inscription on the plaque!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3484/4069228288_0b86cd67fc_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2598/4068472657_fd6dafe1cb_b.jpg

Then we made it to Sleeping Beauty castle!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4068474529_3d6bb458a4_b.jpg

After we took that picture, we went to Tomorrowland to grab fastpasses for Space Mountain!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2704/4069235476_8a3d3f5200_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/4068482109_72c9e4cb56_b.jpg

After we got our FP's, we headed to Adventureland to start our day.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/4069235694_325a0262d0_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/4069235918_808b415243_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/4068481765_b8a7f4d7f2_b.jpg

Our Jungle Cruise captain was horrible. He thought he was hilarious but no one could understand what he was saying. We also had two girls on our boat that sat there and took pictures of each other the whole time. They were also decked out like they were going to be in some kind of fashion show later. The one was wearing a beret on the back of her head and I told Belle I hoped it fell into the water :confused3:lmao::rolleyes1

For those of you that don't know, the Indiana Jones ride is basically the same type of ride as Dinosaur, but it's themed after Indiana Jones. I personally like this one way better than Dinosaur, but that's just me! Both of them are a lot of fun.

Then we continued on...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2544/4069236788_888942fff5_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2426/4069237044_783b27483e_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2577/4069237796_dcf2aed931_b.jpg

The Haunted Mansion was themed like Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't know if it's always like this or if was just set up for Halloween? I've actually never seen the movie...I know, I know! Pirates was AWESOME and better than the WDW one for some reason. The boats pass by the queue area towards the end of the ride. Loved it!

So that is it for the pictures I took at DL! We didn't stay all day otherwise I totally would've taken more. But hopefully this gives you a taste of what it's like if you've never been, or a reminder of all the fun you had if you have been there before!

tinkgurl
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow..Disneyland definately looks way different than WDW.

EastYorkDisneyFan
11-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Th Mansion in DL is only like that from October to January for both Halloween and christmas, otherwise it is mostly like WDWs.

TinkerbellLuvr7
11-06-2009, 01:00 PM
How fun!!!!! I thought the same thing when I saw the castle. You 2 were almost as tall as it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better :) I'm finally feeling better aside from when I wake up and need to take my allergy medicine but other than that things are peachy and I hope it stays that way until at least like April or May!!

AlohaPolynesian
11-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow..Disneyland definately looks way different than WDW.

Yeah it does look different, but it feels almost the same. A few times I had to remind myself that I was in California! But, I definitely like WDW better!

Th Mansion in DL is only like that from October to January for both Halloween and christmas, otherwise it is mostly like WDWs.

Ohh okay, good to know. I hope to go back sometime soon and spend a good amount of time on both sides.

How fun!!!!! I thought the same thing when I saw the castle. You 2 were almost as tall as it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better :) I'm finally feeling better aside from when I wake up and need to take my allergy medicine but other than that things are peachy and I hope it stays that way until at least like April or May!!

Hahahah! I am feeling a little better, thanks! I still have no voice and have more presentations next week:eek: I'm glad to hear you are better, though!!

OhioDisneyLover
11-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Finally catching up! Thanks for posting pictures of Disneyland. We've never been and for some reason I don't seem to have any interest in going. :confused3 What the heck is wrong with me? I'm so glad you posted pictures though because now I am intrigued.

I can't believe your trip is almost here. :thumbsup2

wdwgirl03
11-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I'll never forget when we were in DL I heard one guy say "Wow, the castle in Disney World owns this castle!" haha!

The Indiana Jones ride is a lot of fun. It's not as "scary" as Dinosaur is, atleast in my opinion. And the HM Holiday is pretty sweet too. Both times we were there was after Christmas so it was done up like that. I'm curious to see the regular version and how it compares to WDW. :confused3

AlohaPolynesian
11-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Finally catching up! Thanks for posting pictures of Disneyland. We've never been and for some reason I don't seem to have any interest in going. :confused3 What the heck is wrong with me? I'm so glad you posted pictures though because now I am intrigued.

I can't believe your trip is almost here. :thumbsup2

Yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to go...WDW is better! I think someday you should go out there just to see it though. Thanks for reading!

I'll never forget when we were in DL I heard one guy say "Wow, the castle in Disney World owns this castle!" haha!

The Indiana Jones ride is a lot of fun. It's not as "scary" as Dinosaur is, atleast in my opinion. And the HM Holiday is pretty sweet too. Both times we were there was after Christmas so it was done up like that. I'm curious to see the regular version and how it compares to WDW. :confused3

Oh my gosh:laughing: that is too funny! Yeah I would love to see the regular set up, too!

AlohaPolynesian
11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I'll now share with you guys the last and final installment of this mini-TR. Hopefully this kept you a little entertained since not much else has been going on with my trip planning lately!

So on Halloween we went on a tour of Dodger Stadium. I am a HUGE baseball fan and it is my goal to eventually see a game in every major league stadium. So far I've been to....13. I didn't actually get to see a game at Dodger Stadium but I did have an awesome time on the tour! Here are some pictures:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/4069242862_3c555942b5_b.jpg

Me in the dugout!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2421/4068489131_4a5b0fbac0_b.jpg

The seats are supposed to represent the sun, sand, ocean, and sky. How cool is that?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2478/4068488929_bc285f00a1_b.jpg

On the last day we drove around and did some touristy stuff. We passed this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2583/4069237248_87289bf8b4_b.jpg

And then as we drove to the beach we could see the ocean in the distance:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2519/4069243504_853d8354a0_b.jpg

And finally, your classic picture of the Hollywood sign:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/4068489415_e1193514cc_b.jpg

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for a real update :)

wdwgirl03
11-09-2009, 07:07 AM
That would be so cool to see a game in every park! So far I've only been to two. :rolleyes: I guess I could say three since I've been to the Metrodome but that was for a football game so maybe that doesn't really count. :laughing: But it was really fun going to the Phillies stadium when we were in Philadelphia.

Funny about the seats representing different things!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Love the DL update and the final one too!!! I so want to get there someday!!! DH says he won't go with me bacause he knows that I will be a celeb stalker the whole time!!! Also, hope this is not at all offensive (everyone has different tastes)...you remind me an awful lot of Lauren Conrad. Have you gotten that before??

AlohaPolynesian
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
That would be so cool to see a game in every park! So far I've only been to two. :rolleyes: I guess I could say three since I've been to the Metrodome but that was for a football game so maybe that doesn't really count. :laughing: But it was really fun going to the Phillies stadium when we were in Philadelphia.

Funny about the seats representing different things!

Haha if my tour counts, then your football game at the Metrodome counts! Miller Park is actually one of the better ones I've visited! I'm so jealous that you went to the Phillies ballpark!!

Love the DL update and the final one too!!! I so want to get there someday!!! DH says he won't go with me bacause he knows that I will be a celeb stalker the whole time!!! Also, hope this is not at all offensive (everyone has different tastes)...you remind me an awful lot of Lauren Conrad. Have you gotten that before??

Hahaha then let's plan a trip together and you can just leave DH at home! That way we can stalk celebrities the whole time! Sounds like fun to me! :cool1:

One of my friends actually texted me and said he saw a picture of Lauren Conrad and her teeth looked like mine?! But that's it, LOL! I think she is cute (even though she is kind of annoying) so I will take it as a compliment! Thanks!

I'm naturally brunette :rolleyes1:scared1: But ever since I went blonde I usually get Lindsay Lohan, Hayden Panettiere, and Carrie Underwood. All of those people look totally different from each other, so who knows! :confused:

tinkgurl
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I didn't know that fact about Dodger stadium!

Haha, the Hollywood sign reminds me of Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA".

AlohaPolynesian
11-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I didn't know that fact about Dodger stadium!

Haha, the Hollywood sign reminds me of Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA".

LOL! I definitely kept singing that song while we were there!!

tinkgurl
11-10-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL! I definitely kept singing that song while we were there!!

LOL..it does get in your head doesn't it?! :rolleyes1

AlohaPolynesian
11-10-2009, 10:09 PM
So did you guys notice anything familiar about Dodger Stadium?! Does it remind you of anywhere you've been before? Like....Tomorrowland? Well maybe not anymore, but when Dodger Stadium was built in the 60's they hired the architects who had just built Disneyland because they wanted the stadium to look/feel like Tomorrowland! How cool is that?

Alright - so originally I was going to do EPCOT on 12/11 because of the EMH that night. So I booked the CP dining package for Tutto Italia since my mom wanted to eat Italian food on the trip. Well, I really have been wanting to see Vanessa Williams do the CP, so I did it...

I canceled my Tutto reservation, booked Tony's for lunch on our last day instead (yeah, I know it won't be as good as Tutto!), and booked Tokyo Dining as part of the CP package. Nothing else was available but I've seen some good reviews on this place so I'm excited!

So now the schedule will be like this:

12/10- Arrival day + MNSSHP @ MK
12/11 - AK/DHS
12/12 - Epcot
12/13- MK + depart

I'm getting so excited!

wdwgirl03
11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow, that's crazy they originally built the stadium like Tomorrowland! Very interesting.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked Miller Park. :thumbsup2 The first game we ever went to there ended up being postponed. You'd think with the new roof we'd never have to worry about that. Well, it was a night game and the power ended up going out! :rolleyes::headache: LOL!

Just one month to go, I'm so jealous!

tinkgurl
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Awesome changes! I'm excited for you too!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-11-2009, 08:23 PM
You are officially under 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordanyosh
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
i hope you enjoyed your trip to my neck of the woods!

Tokyo Dining...I would be anxious to hear your review.

OhioDisneyLover
11-14-2009, 05:10 AM
can't believe how close you are now. :thumbsup2 Time flies, doesn't it? Awesome changes that you made.

AlohaPolynesian
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Wow, that's crazy they originally built the stadium like Tomorrowland! Very interesting.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked Miller Park. :thumbsup2 The first game we ever went to there ended up being postponed. You'd think with the new roof we'd never have to worry about that. Well, it was a night game and the power ended up going out! :rolleyes::headache: LOL!

Just one month to go, I'm so jealous!

Oh my gosh that is crazy about the power! I can't even believe I'm going to be at WDW so soon!

Awesome changes! I'm excited for you too!

Thanks girl!

You are officially under 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it!!

i hope you enjoyed your trip to my neck of the woods!

Tokyo Dining...I would be anxious to hear your review.

Oh I definitely enjoyed it. I am so jealous of all of you who live out there and get to see the sunshine on a daily, not WEEKLY (if we're lucky) basis!

can't believe how close you are now. :thumbsup2 Time flies, doesn't it? Awesome changes that you made.

Thanks! I was nervous about making the changes at first but now I am really excited!

jordanyosh
11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
FYI-sunny and 70 today in the OC...

AlohaPolynesian
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
FYI-sunny and 70 today in the OC...

Thanks a lot!! It's like 40 and cloudy here in Chicago :( I actually just booked another trip to LA for the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day! Can't wait to go back to the sunshine!

wdwgirl03
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks a lot!! It's like 40 and cloudy here in Chicago :( I actually just booked another trip to LA for the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day! Can't wait to go back to the sunshine!

Ooooh, the Rose Bowl is so fun. We've gone a couple times and have gone to the Tournament of Roses parade as well. That is quite the spectacle!

inkedupmomma
11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
wow! you are just under a month now! h ow exciting!

AlohaPolynesian
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Ooooh, the Rose Bowl is so fun. We've gone a couple times and have gone to the Tournament of Roses parade as well. That is quite the spectacle!

Really?! I'm going with my dad and brother (my sister will be home from college and wants to stay home so she can be with her boyfriend. So my mom is staying home because she won't leave them alone. If I said I didn't want to go on a family vacation, my parents would tell me to shut up and threaten to ground me if I didn't go! OK, rant over). They probably won't want to go to the parade but I really want to go - especially after you just said that!

wow! you are just under a month now! h ow exciting!

I cannot believe it!! I have been so busy with finals that it just snuck up on me so fast. Thanks for reading!

jordanyosh
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM

How cool. I've lived out here most of my life and never been to a Rose Bowl game.

I was just out in Pasadena today and they are already advertising for reserved parking...

AlohaPolynesian
11-24-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm officially done with college!!

Sorry I have been MIA both on my own PTR as well as everyone else's reports and reviews. This quarter of school has been the most work I have ever had while I was here, and it only got worse during finals week. I took my last final this afternoon which means I am officially finished with my bachelor's degree :cool1:

I am packing tomorrow to leave for home on Wednesday morning. After that I will have more than enough time to catch up on everything, but I wanted to let you all know I'm still here!

wdwgirl03
11-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Really?! I'm going with my dad and brother (my sister will be home from college and wants to stay home so she can be with her boyfriend. So my mom is staying home because she won't leave them alone. If I said I didn't want to go on a family vacation, my parents would tell me to shut up and threaten to ground me if I didn't go! OK, rant over). They probably won't want to go to the parade but I really want to go - especially after you just said that!

Oh you should see if you can go...it's definitely worth it! Since we were staying near Disneyland both times we had to leave super-early. It's so crazy how many people go! We also got reserved bleacher seats both times too so we didn't have to worry about finding a place to sit. I have a bunch of pictures on facebook...but here's a couple that you can maybe show your family to try and get them to go! ;) Random story too, the first year we went Mickey Mouse was the grand marshal! How fitting was that?!

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/193/8/20305212/n20305212_31349970_6164.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/193/8/20305212/n20305212_31349977_8220.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/193/8/20305212/n20305212_31349979_9447.jpg

That year George Lucas was the Grand Marshal so they had a big Star Wars unit.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/193/8/20305212/n20305212_31349990_2682.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/193/8/20305212/n20305212_31350008_7607.jpg

I have a ton more but have hijacked your PTR enough.

Oh yeah, and CONGRATS on being done with college! :cool1:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
:cool1::thumbsup2:banana::yay::dance3:

Congrats on being done with college!!!! It's all Disney from here!!!!!

AlohaPolynesian
11-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh you should see if you can go...it's definitely worth it! Since we were staying near Disneyland both times we had to leave super-early. It's so crazy how many people go! We also got reserved bleacher seats both times too so we didn't have to worry about finding a place to sit. I have a bunch of pictures on facebook...but here's a couple that you can maybe show your family to try and get them to go! ;) Random story too, the first year we went Mickey Mouse was the grand marshal! How fitting was that?!

I have a ton more but have hijacked your PTR enough.

Oh yeah, and CONGRATS on being done with college! :cool1:

Thank you! Ah those pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing - I'll check out the rest on Facebook later.

:cool1::thumbsup2:banana::yay::dance3:

Congrats on being done with college!!!! It's all Disney from here!!!!!

Thank you!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip - it's coming up SO soon!

tinkgurl
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Congrats! :dance3:

I will be done in 2 weeks! December 12th is the graduation cermony. It's so exciting we'll both have our Bachelor's Degree! :woohoo:

jordanyosh
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Congrats on being done with College:thumbsup2

You're trip is coming up quick!

TinkerbellLuvr7
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
congrats!!!! I'm leaving for home tonight and super excited!! How long will it take you to drive home????

AlohaPolynesian
11-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Congrats! :dance3:

I will be done in 2 weeks! December 12th is the graduation cermony. It's so exciting we'll both have our Bachelor's Degree! :woohoo:

Congrats! So I will be in Disney when you are getting your diploma. I will totally have a Lapu Lapu in your honor :laughing: I was SO excited to finish school and get a job etc., but it's been really hard just to even get interviews. Now I'm so depressed because instead of being jobless with my friends here in Chicago I will be jobless alone with my dog in Ohio :( What are your after grad plans??

Congrats on being done with College:thumbsup2

You're trip is coming up quick!

Thanks! It's exciting but scary because I have applied for about 25 jobs, been rejected from 5 without even getting an interview, had one interview that I'm supposed to hear back about next week, and haven't heard back from anywhere else yet. And I have a pretty decent resume and great recommendation letters if I do say so myself. Thank goodness I have my trip to look forward to!

congrats!!!! I'm leaving for home tonight and super excited!! How long will it take you to drive home????

Hope you had/are having a safe drive!! It will take about 6 hours for me and we are leaving at 7:30 AM. I didn't want to have time to get sad about leaving so I'd rather just get up and go! We need to figure out when we can meet up at Disney!

OhioDisneyLover
11-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Congrats on being done with college. :thumbsup2

If you ever want to talk Disney, I'm just down the street. :flower3:

tinkgurl
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Congrats! So I will be in Disney when you are getting your diploma. I will totally have a Lapu Lapu in your honor :laughing: I was SO excited to finish school and get a job etc., but it's been really hard just to even get interviews. Now I'm so depressed because instead of being jobless with my friends here in Chicago I will be jobless alone with my dog in Ohio :( What are your after grad plans??

Haha, please have a Lapu Lapu for me! :)

In January, I'll be starting my Master's Degree. :upsidedow I figure I might as well do it now because I know it would be so hard for me to get back into the swing of things if I did it later. So, I'm going to be doing the Counselor Education Program. I basically want to be an Academic Advisor at a college. You know..the people who help you figure out what classes to take and what major to be.

I hope you have some luck with interviews. :hug: Too bad you have to leave our awesome state of IL and go to Ohio!

jordanyosh
11-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Although it's a tough job market right now, companies typically don't like to hire around the holidays. Look for things to get a tad better post New Years.:thumbsup2

AlohaPolynesian
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Congrats on being done with college. :thumbsup2

If you ever want to talk Disney, I'm just down the street. :flower3:

Thank you! I am about to send you a PM...

Haha, please have a Lapu Lapu for me! :)

In January, I'll be starting my Master's Degree. :upsidedow I figure I might as well do it now because I know it would be so hard for me to get back into the swing of things if I did it later. So, I'm going to be doing the Counselor Education Program. I basically want to be an Academic Advisor at a college. You know..the people who help you figure out what classes to take and what major to be.

I hope you have some luck with interviews. :hug: Too bad you have to leave our awesome state of IL and go to Ohio!

That's AWESOME that you are starting your Master's!! That would be a fun job to have, too. I'm actually thinking about law school. Hopefully it's just one of those ideas that you think about later and go "OMG WHY DID THAT THOUGHT EVEN ENTER MY BRAIN!?" But, we'll see! PS I miss IL...Ohio is boring!!

Although it's a tough job market right now, companies typically don't like to hire around the holidays. Look for things to get a tad better post New Years.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip!!

jordanyosh
11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
No problem!!!!

Have a GREAT time at WDW.

Camster0307
12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi there! :wave:

I have been severely neglecting the DIS and have not been on in weeks! Just wanted to pop in and wish you a great trip! We leave on Saturday and are at the BWV. And it looks like we'll be at MVMCP the same night as you (the 10th); AK (the 11th); and Epcot (the 12th) - so please, since we'll be easy to spot, if you see us rolling by, stop and say hello!

I hope you and your mom have a great time!

tinkgurl
12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
AHHHHHH!! Your trip is so close! :yay:

TinkerbellLuvr7
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Once again, I do not think it is fair that you get to go to Vegas, come home and pack for WDW!!! lol.

You'll have to post an updated schedule since mine changes as well:
12/11-BC/YC pool, MK, check into WL, DHS dinner/lights, Epcot fworks/EMH
12/12-Epcot all day/night

Have a safe fun trip!!

AlohaPolynesian
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA. I went to Vegas for a mini reunion with some of the people I did a internship with last fall. It was SO much fun but I am exhausted. I am headed to my little brother's basketball game here in a little bit but plan to catch up on everyone's reports later tonight!! Thanks for reading!

No problem!!!!

Have a GREAT time at WDW.

Thanks so much! I can't believe how fast time flies.

Hi there! :wave:

I have been severely neglecting the DIS and have not been on in weeks! Just wanted to pop in and wish you a great trip! We leave on Saturday and are at the BWV. And it looks like we'll be at MVMCP the same night as you (the 10th); AK (the 11th); and Epcot (the 12th) - so please, since we'll be easy to spot, if you see us rolling by, stop and say hello!

I hope you and your mom have a great time!

I hope you are having SO much fun down there right now! Hopefully I will see you this weekend!

AHHHHHH!! Your trip is so close! :yay:

I cannot believe it...this is crazy!

Once again, I do not think it is fair that you get to go to Vegas, come home and pack for WDW!!! lol.

You'll have to post an updated schedule since mine changes as well:
12/11-BC/YC pool, MK, check into WL, DHS dinner/lights, Epcot fworks/EMH
12/12-Epcot all day/night

Have a safe fun trip!!

Haha Vegas was amazing...I'm not in the mood to unpack ad re-pack though. I'll probably be doing everything last minute which I HATE! Thanks and you have a safe trip too, hopefully we can meet up at some point!

AlohaPolynesian
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
So I know I have been a bad DISer lately since I've been traveling a lot, but I wanted to pop over one last time before I leave tomorrow!

Our flight leaves at about 9am and we get into MCO at 11:15am. We got to upgrade to first class for only $99! :cool1:

Once we get there, we'll check in and head over to the Grand Floridian for tea. After that we can explore the GF since I grew up staying there with my parents. Then well head to MK for the MVMCP!

Friday we'll spend the morning at DAK, followed by lunch at Sanna over at Kidani. Then we will hop on a bus and go to DHS for the rest of the night. After the park closes, we have a dinner reservation at Flying Fish. Afterwards I am planning on Jellyrolls!

Saturday we have an ADR for breakfast at Kouzzina. Then we will go explore Epcot until our lunch reservation at Tokyo Dining. This is part of the CP dining package so we will stick around under the performance at 5:00pm. At night we then have a dinner reservation at Ohana - my favorite!

Sunday is our last day and we will go over to MK and have a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Our last lunch will be at Tony's before we head back to the airport :( I'm excited about Tony's b/c I've never been there AND it is the movie that made me want to get a Cocker Spaniel as my first dog when I was little.

I hope I run into some of my fellow DISer's that will be there this weekend and I am praying that the weather holds up.

Also, my mom and sister were making fun of me earlier tonight about choosing Disney World as the place I wanted to go as a graduation present. They kept telling me that Disney is a fantasy and I only like it because I'm not satisfied with my real life. But isn't that why everyone goes to Disney? To escape reality?! What is so bad about that?!

I heard my mom complaining to my sister about not being able to sleep in, having to go to the Christmas party, going to tea, etc. and it really hurt my feelings.

I am SO glad I have all of you DISer's that understand the magic :hug:

I was SO excited and now I am just in this weird mood where I'm not even wanting to go anymore. Wish me luck. xoxo

jordanyosh
12-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Have a great time!

TinkerbellLuvr7
12-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Have a great time, i'll see you there!!!!!!!!

wdwgirl03
12-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Have an awesome time girl! There is NOTHING wrong with choosing Disney World as your graduation gift (my sister's doing that too!). Ahhh so jealous! Please send some warm weather back up north...it is going to barely reach the teens today. :cold:

tinkgurl
12-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Have a good time girl! There's nothing wrong with choosing WDW for your present! You know I'm going there in March as mine! I'm sorry about your Mom..Hopefully she'll change her mood once she gets into that Disney magic! :wizard:

AlohaPolynesian
12-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Have a great time!

Thanks! It went by soooooo fast :(

Have a great time, i'll see you there!!!!!!!!

I hope you're still having fun! Sad we did not end up meeting!

Have an awesome time girl! There is NOTHING wrong with choosing Disney World as your graduation gift (my sister's doing that too!). Ahhh so jealous! Please send some warm weather back up north...it is going to barely reach the teens today. :cold:

Ahh thanks. Don't be jealous...you were just there and will be again SO soon! It was sooooo cold when I got off the plane.

Have a good time girl! There's nothing wrong with choosing WDW for your present! You know I'm going there in March as mine! I'm sorry about your Mom..Hopefully she'll change her mood once she gets into that Disney magic! :wizard:

I knowwww! I just wanted to be like well TINKGURL IS GOING FOR HERRRRR GRADUATION! But then I realized that A) That would make me sound like a whiny 10 year old and B) my family does not know who "tinkgurl" is lol.

AlohaPolynesian
12-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey guys! I am back. It is freezing here and I wish I was back in Disney!! I got a bunch of cool stuff and had a great time. My mom was a good sport and I give her an A- for her Disney travel companion grade! :lmao:

I'll be uploading pictures tomorrow and hopefully can start my TR soon. I'll also need to catch up with everyone's reports ASAP. Thanks for reading along!

tinkgurl
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I knowwww! I just wanted to be like well TINKGURL IS GOING FOR HERRRRR GRADUATION! But then I realized that A) That would make me sound like a whiny 10 year old and B) my family does not know who "tinkgurl" is lol.

LOL..yeah they probably would be like 'Who the heck is tinkgurl?!'

Hey guys! I am back. It is freezing here and I wish I was back in Disney!! I got a bunch of cool stuff and had a great time. My mom was a good sport and I give her an A- for her Disney travel companion grade! :lmao:

I'll be uploading pictures tomorrow and hopefully can start my TR soon. I'll also need to catch up with everyone's reports ASAP. Thanks for reading along!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

redlight
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome back. I look forward to your TR.

wdwgirl03
12-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome home! Can't wait for your TR!

AlohaPolynesian
12-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Welcome back. I look forward to your TR.

Thanks! I just started it, hope to see you over there!

Welcome home! Can't wait for your TR!

Thanks girl!

AlohaPolynesian
12-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Hey guys! I just started my TR so come on over! Hope to see you all here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34685329#post34685329)!