PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! I got a PIN-Postcard!

summerlady
08-17-2009, 01:16 PM
And of course I've already booked with the 35% room only discount. It's the big postcard via snailmail from Disney Destinations, which I would have sold my youngest child (just kidding!) for a couple of months ago, for free dining 8/27-9/21, 9/29-10/1, and 11/29-12/17 OR 10/2-11/24. But at least somebody out there knows I exist. :)

At the bottom of the postcard is the url: visit.disneyparks.com/myname followed by a 5 digit number which brings me to the same info listed on the postcard I received.

marcielm
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
At the bottom of the postcard is the url: visit.disneyparks.com/myname followed by a 5 digit number which brings me to the same info listed on the postcard I received.

Ahhhh, the numbers after your name are a quick fix to the website that someone posted about where you could go in and just add your name. I guess this way it keeps us from going in and checking all.the.time for a pin attached to our name!

Is the free dining not a better deal than your 35% room rate? It might not hurt to call and see if it will save you a couple $$.

diamondpixienc
08-17-2009, 03:00 PM
How do I get on a Disney Destinations mailing list?:confused3

marcielm
08-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Sign up on the website and check the box to receive emails. Some people also start by requesting the informational DVD. There is a box to receive emails, and one to receive postal mailings from Disney. Check both. ;)

summerlady
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Ahhhh, the numbers after your name are a quick fix to the website that someone posted about where you could go in and just add your name. I guess this way it keeps us from going in and checking all.the.time for a pin attached to our name!

Is the free dining not a better deal than your 35% room rate? It might not hurt to call and see if it will save you a couple $$.

Yep, I was always checking with my name and DH's name, never anything. The numbers after my name are entirely different than the actual PIN though, that's a 15 digit code.

The free dining is actually a better value but just the two of us are going this trip for only 4 nights and I didn't want to mess with ADRs, etc. So after booking with free dining when the Visa offer came out, when the room only discount came out a couple of days later, I called and changed my reservation and added the QSDP. I saved something like $35, but because the free dining was worth more, I guess I really lost money. :)

summerlady
08-17-2009, 06:34 PM

I sign up for everything on the Disney site. Don't know if that makes a difference or not, but this is the first postcard with a PIN I've received but I've also gotten an email PIN for 5 day/2 free (which I couldn't use) a month or so ago. Keep 'em coming, I say!

diamondpixienc
08-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Thank you guys for the suggestions. I will get back on the site and sign up today :disrocks: