PDA

View Full Version : The Vacation Nazi and Mr. Spontaneity attempting to do Disney again

mchelle77
08-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I was waiting until I was 70 days away from our trip to start a journal, so since today is "technically" (and I'll get to that) 70 days from departure, I decided to start it. I need to be able to chat with people who get it.

My DH (Russ) and I (Michelle) have been to Disney three other times together (and he went once when he was about 8). First time (1997) I barely remember - we went with his parents, and I was in college. I remember a few people being not so happy about me taking an additional week off of school (we went for a week, then to Miami for a week). But I had a ball.

Second time was in 2000, we went with his brother and sister-in-law, their two boys (ages 4 and 6 at the time) and his cousin and her BF (now husband). It was 50% awesome, 50% trip-from-hell. Being there was fun, but having to coordinate the schedules of 6 adults, two kids, two cars between everyone and ONE "suite" was a nightmare.

Next was our honeymoon in June of 2003. The single best trip either of us has ever taken. Two weeks in Disney World. My DH was working for a hotel at the time, so we had a suite to ourselves at the can't-be-beat rate of $39 a night. We had wedding money in the bank (over a third of that was used in Disney!) and no one to answer to. We did almost everything we wanted.

So fast forward to 2005. Our DD (Talia) was born and we agreed that we would take her for her fifth birthday (this coming February). In May, I lost my job. As of two weeks ago, I STILL don't have any job leads, so DH suggests that we move the trip up. So we plan for the last week of October. I was nervous about it, but I called, got the quote, listened about free dining (which wasn't around last time we went) and decided to book the POFQ. Oct. 26 - Nov. 1.

So the next day we find out that his cousin and her DH (the same couple we went with last time) had called the night before and booked THEIR vacation - the same exact week as us. They still thoguht we were going in February, and we had no idea they were even interested in going.

So my DH and I book, pay the deposit, and I start going mental with ADRs and schedule (tentative ones, like "this day we'll go to this park" type of thing). The other night we had his cousin and her DH and DS over (their son is the same age as our daughter) and we talk about the trip. They haven't put money down yet, but they insist that they will.

We are hesistant to travel with them. Their son can be a handful and we don't want our daughter's trip to have to revolve around him in any way. But my DH said that he'd feel obligated to do SOME things togehter, because our DD and their DS are very close. Makes us iffy. But we'll deal with whatever we need to ... just get me to Disney!

As of this morning - my DH wants to move the trip a week. Nov. 1 - Nov. 8. His reasonings are mostly due to his work. He's a videographer and has wedding shoots the Friday and Saturday before we leave. We aren't flying people, so we're Amtraking it down (from NH - we'd have to leave at 8am to catch a 930am train from South Station in Boston) If we switch the date, we'll drive and be able to take our time coming back (that's a loooong drive, especially while having post-trip-depression).

I called today and they can move it if we want to. I just need to talk to him and really be sure it's what he wants to do. And then get to work switching my ADRs. I had one thing booked each day - I'm most nervous about Fantasmic and the Princess Dinner. We also booked the Spirit of Aloha (we had booked on our honeymoon but it was rained out :( )

So that's where we are as of today. We're either 70 days away, or 77 days away. Not quite sure yet! The other good thing is that if we move it a week later, we may stay one extra night. That might be worth the aggravation I'm sure to go through with ADRs.

Michelle :)

mchelle77
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I just realized I never subbed to my own pre-trip spot. :rolleyes: Took a while to find it!

So we switched our trip one week. Instead of the last week of October, we're there the first week of November. The good thing is that we're able to take our time getting there .. the bad thing is that I've heard rumors about "Jersey Week", which is when we'll be there. We'll see how that rolls.

Another good thing is that I was able to get ALL of the same ADRs. Bad thing is that I wasn't able to get the Fantasmic preferred seating. I remember in June waiting in a LOOONG line to just sit there without any preferred seating (don't know if they did it back then, though).

We also decided to downgrade from the POFQ to the ASMo. I really loved the idea of POFQ, but this trip is for our DD, so I think she'd love the Movie resort a lot more. We have the free dining and upgraded from the QS to the regular one. I think the difference was like $250 or so? Worth it, since the places we KNEW we wanted to go to would cost us about that OOP, so it was a bargain.

Another change was that, instead of Amtraking it, we're DRIVING! :woohoo: People think we're crazy, but we've driven it every time we've been there. We LOVE the drive down. Drive back, notsomuch. But by moving the dates, we're able to take our time coming back, so we'll stop in Georgia and Virginia on our way home. I like the idea of having our car there, and being able to do some travel food shopping .. like buying a case of water to keep in the hotel, having our DD's umbrella stroller (Amtrak had too many restrictions). We need to buy new tires before we leave, but we needed those anyway (DH is a wedding vendor and is constantly traveling throughout New England, so there's a lot of wear and tear on his car.)

mchelle77
08-22-2009, 10:35 PM
So far, our schedule is as follows:

Sunday, Nov. 1 - leave as early as possible! Since the night before is Halloween, I'm glad our DD will be able to TOT with her cousins (we all live near each other). As early as DH wants to go, we're gone. This means packing will be done early in the day on Saturday. I'm a list freak, so lists are made NOW. We'll stay wherever we land after driving 15 hours of driving. Advice needed - online check-in, or wait until we're there? Pros and cons of both?

Monday, Nov. 2 - Hopefully arrive around 4pm (check-in time). Get our stuff into the room and go to DD. We have 7:15pm dinner reservations at PH (mostly because we needed a place to eat not in a park and since those vouchers come with the package, why not use them?) Hopefully go to bed early.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 - EPCOT (EMH in the AM). 4:55pm Princess Dinner at Akershus. I have lists of tips (in a messy notebook, which I am neatening up to transfer to a pocket-sized notebook that fits into my hipster-type bag for the trip). Lists include "Where to eat CS that day", "What attractions we want to see", "Times of shows", "Interesting looking food at the F&WF". I'm determined to make sure I have all necessary information before we leave. :)

Wednesday, Nov. 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM. Tony's dinner reservations at 605pm. We were originally going to keep trying for the CBT breakfast or lunch, but last night decided to forget it. We have plenty of great places we're going to be able to try, and I'm sure our DD will at LEAST be able to SEE Cinderella, if not get her autograph at a character location. I'll just keep our fingers crossed and let any res that opens go to another family that wants it. Hopefully that will send some good karma my way and she'll show up at the Akershus :thumbsup2

Thursday, Nov. 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM again. (EMH in the AM). 755pm reservations at Chef Mickey's.

Friday, Nov. 6 - ANIMAL KINGDOM. (EMH in the PM). 3pm reservations at Yak & Yeti's.

Saturday, Nov. 7 - Hotel/Pool day. 515pm reservations for the Spirit of Aloha luau.

Sunday, Nov. 8 - Hollywood Studios (I still call this MGM .. that's what it's always been every time I've gone, so it's taking a while to adjust to the new name!) 515pm reservations to Hollywood & Vine. I've been calling daily to get the preferred package added (and switch restaurants if I need to) but so far no luck.) I knew when switching I'd never get it, so I'm kind of coming to terms with it.

Monday, Nov. 9 - Cape May Cafe at 910 am. Leaving that day, as of right now. :( If we decide to stay, it will be last minute and hopefully we'll still be able to stay somewhere on site. If not, oh well.

mchelle77
08-22-2009, 11:14 PM
After reading someone's pre-trip report, I realized I didn't plan a meal or two wisely. Originally, I had us eating at Hollywood & Vine at HS at 430pm with the preferred seating, which made sense. But now that I don't HAVE that seating, I just switched it to the lunch at 220pm .. which is the Little Einsteins character meal. My DD loves them so I'm glad I did that.

Then I had us at the Norway Princess Dinner at 4:55pm. What meal is that, you ask? Too late for lunch, too early for dinner. So I was able to switch it to 650pm. We can watch the "Eat To The Beat" concert, then go to our dinner, and still have time to maybe grab a waterside seat in Mexico (and a margarita or two!) and watch Illuminations at 9pm.

mchelle77
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
We just decided to add another day onto the end of our trip. :banana: Now we have another day of dining, too, so we're going to Whispering Canyon Cafe on that Monday night for dinner and leaving the next day.

Made a Disney Countdown for our DD. It's hanging in her bedroom and consists of multi-colored "Disney" paint swatches swiped from Home Depot :) Every night before bed, she takes on off and is anxiously waiting until she gets to the cutout of Mickey at the end of it. An idea I grabbed from someone on these boards that's helping a LOT with "Is it time to go to Disney World yet?"

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I read somewhere that Epcot on a Tuesday is a bad idea. MK on a Thursday is a bad idea. Tried switching them up, and can change my Akershus res but not Chef Mickey's.

REALLY hoping Jersey Week isn't as bad as some sites say. :goodvibes

inkedupmomma
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
HI! Do you have anyone subbed to your PTR?? Am I the first?? I am never the first for anything lol! HIHIHIHI!

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep, you're the first :) Thanks for popping in, I was starting to think I set up camp in a ghost town :laughing:

inkedupmomma
09-05-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah, that is the worst ever.. when you just talk to yourself on here LOL Your plans sound great so far though!

May I ask, why don't you and your DH fly?

Raecheal
09-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I"m in...love your PTR so far! popcorn::

inkedupmomma
09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
woot.. you got another subscriber :thumbsup2

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
:) Welcome to both of you!!

Why we don't fly .. let's see. Two very different reasons for both of us! I never had the opportunity to fly growing up. Family vactions for me were driving to Maine to stay at my grandparents' house, or camping at Salisbury Beach. My first trip to FLA was a road trip - my DH's (BF at the time) grandfather's funeral, and the trip down was part of the fun. The ONE time I considered flying was to Ireland (the one place I WOULD fly to!) and I called to price it out. I was ready to book it, then got cold feet. The dates I would have been gone were Sept. 11-18, 2001. I possibly would have been stuck in a foreign country (ALONE!) for God knows how long.

My DH, on the other hand, has a really simple explanation. He's a control freak, and would rather HE be in control of his own life driving in a car, than up in a plane where the potential crash would hurt a lot more. :laughing:

To be honest, if he caved and wanted to fly, I would. But only if the three of us were all together.

Took my DD to the Disney Store earlier. Our plan was to get her a prize for doing so well with not having accidents overnight (she's 4, turning 5 at the end of February). So we grab her a big stuffed Bolt (she's wanted him for a month) and I caved and bought her the Belle costume for Halloween. They had all costumes $10 off this weekend, and by paying for it with my Disney Visa, I got another $10 off. $50 costume for about $30. :woohoo:

BELLE1109
09-05-2009, 07:12 PM
our trips over lap and we're from Boston too!
can't wait to read more

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Some pics ...

This one is PERFECT for this board :lmao: We went to Storyland (NH) in July and my DD met "Cinderella". She wasn't buying it. She actually said to my mother "I met Cinderella. Well ... not the REAL Cinderella." Look at her eyeballing her.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d936b3127ccec7f7cb442c2000000050O38AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

"Who do you think YOU'RE foolin', lady?"

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc00b3127ccec5bf3fc1388200000070O18AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

My husband and me on our way to see Aerosmith, and then to Foxwoods overnight.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d836b3127ccec7368879408200000040O08AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Her mural I painted ... put a lot of work into it and NOW she wants a Tinkerbell room! (Her room looks like Disney World threw up all over it :laughing: )
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d724b3127ccef85e164a4e3c00000040O08AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Her Disney Trip countdown! I totally ripped this off from another poster, I wish I could remember who she was so I could thank her. :)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d724b3127ccef85fe5d52e0e00000070O18AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d724b3127ccef85ef00ecf3b00000040O08AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

DD on the left with her friend from across the street playing "Disney Princesses"
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d724b3127ccef85f8dc0af1f00000050O38AZuWTZu4Ytw e3nwM/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome! What part are you from? I'm originally from Somerville, and lived in Charlestown for a few years before moving. I miss city life :)

Raecheal
09-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Your daughter is absolutely beautiful... i really like the photo of your and your DH... AEROSMITH.. I tried to surprise Dbf with tickets while we were in disney but a CM ruined the whole surprise... and then AEROSMITH cancelled the tour.. :mad:arugh.. He never did get to see them.

I love your mural.. it turned out great!!!

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I love Aerosmith .. so much so that I have their logo tattooed on the back of my waist with my last name in it :)

Now that you mentioned that, I think I've been to your journal! That sounds familiar .. I've been popping in and out of people's journals for the past week or so, so it's possible I HAVE read about your trip. (Did you have a photo session booked?)

Raecheal
09-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I love Aerosmith .. so much so that I have their logo tattooed on the back of my waist with my last name in it :)

Now that you mentioned that, I think I've been to your journal! That sounds familiar .. I've been popping in and out of people's journals for the past week or so, so it's possible I HAVE read about your trip. (Did you have a photo session booked?)

Uhuh thats me... just waiting for our image disc. to come in the mail!! It would have been truly a good surprise for him.. that was really the only concert he was excited to see... i'm so disappointed that they had to cancel.. did you and DH enjoy it?

mchelle77
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Loved it. It wasn't the BEST one they had, but even a bad one is still good :laughing: This was my fourth, and I said to DH "I NEED to go to this one. Steven Tyler's in his 60's now, who knows if I'll ever get the chance again to see them?" Now with all this, looks like I may have been right!

Raecheal
09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Loved it. It wasn't the BEST one they had, but even a bad one is still good :laughing: This was my fourth, and I said to DH "I NEED to go to this one. Steven Tyler's in his 60's now, who knows if I'll ever get the chance again to see them?" Now with all this, looks like I may have been right!

FOUR times, wow:thumbsup2. I completely think your right...there's no way he's getting any younger.

mchelle77
09-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Especially with all that "falling off the stage" crap he's doing lately :laughing:

I don't know why, but I've been stressing over park order lately. I've read that the worst day to go to Epcot is Tuesday (which we are) and the worst to go to MK is Thursday (which we are) and the worst for HS is Sunday 9which we are .. on a Fantasmic night). Add to that Jersey Week and free dining (I've started a thread about it :) ) and I've been looking into whether I can switch some ADRs around. Some I can, others I can't. And I think DH wants to keep Sunday at HS because he wants to see Fantasmic with DD. I do too, but not if it means it'll be mobbed.

One time at WDW, we went on a busy day - MK was closed at 930am because they were to capacity. That was in March? I don't remember if it was a weekend, though, or if anything was going on. My DD is very patient, though, so I should just let it go and work on my "must buy" list.

I wish I could pack today. :rotfl:

inkedupmomma
09-09-2009, 08:23 AM
i think you should just keep what you have and go wit the flow! Getting too caught up in, what is the best time to go where will oly lead to stress. No matter what happens, it is Disney World and if you have a fun family, it will be fun!

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I know, I need to stop reading all of these guidebooks and online information sites :laughing:

One thing I DID do was change an ADR. We had Planet Hollywood booked for our first night and we weren't really 100% on that. We didn't have any reservations where my DD was sure to meet Cinderella, so I changed it to 1900 Park Fair (Fare?) for that first night. The res is late (9pm) but if I can get an earlier one, I'll change it. If not I'll be sure to have her take a nap in the car on the way there. Or at the hotel, if we check in early enough.

inkedupmomma
09-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I know, I need to stop reading all of these guidebooks and online information sites :laughing:

One thing I DID do was change an ADR. We had Planet Hollywood booked for our first night and we weren't really 100% on that. We didn't have any reservations where my DD was sure to meet Cinderella, so I changed it to 1900 Park Fair (Fare?) for that first night. The res is late (9pm) but if I can get an earlier one, I'll change it. If not I'll be sure to have her take a nap in the car on the way there. Or at the hotel, if we check in early enough.

I know.. sometimes I get so caught up in the "dis" that I forget it is JUST a vacation. A family vacation that will rule so long as i kepp in mind that I am with my family and that is all that matters!

As for 1900, I am so scared for it. We NEVER do dinner buffets, but decided to try 1900 Park Fare this year. It gets terrible reviews, so I am hoping they are just from really picky people LOL. I will make sure to report back!

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
A lot of my reservations have mixed/bad reviews (Tony's, WCC, etc) but until I try them, they're all fair game. We'll just know for next time!

inkedupmomma
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I think i am in the minority, but we actually liked Tony's quite a bit! Idk if it was because we went in thinking it would be god awful, but whatever we liked it! Service did suck though ;/ WCC was also decent. Was it mind blowing?? no, but it was yummy, and the whole dining experience could not be beat!

I work for a gourmet chef, so I think I have a better more understanding side of food. Not everything is meant to be mind blowing all the time, and not eevryone has the same taste palette. Some people just LOVE buffets and Disney gets that! I am sure I will find a couple good things on it, those that say there was nothing, I think may be the problem, not the buffet:thumbsup2

Sarilas
09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Found you! lol

We did the same thing about changing resorts based solely on how much ASMo would stoke our daughters. We stayed at POR in Jan/Feb and they liked it alright, but it was just another hotel. This time we expect them to flip OUT!

I agree, inkedupmomma. My Mom was a professional chef and I am always shocked by what some people give low marks to based on it being unfamiliar. I'm all for trying whatever floats our own boat, and deciding for ourselves! (The food pic thread doesn't hurt, either...)

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I've been DROOLING over the food thread the last week :laughing: I told my husband I need to stop looking at food and get my butt to the gym so I don't feel bad about gaining a few lbs. over this vacation!

Sarilas
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
You know what prompted our bookng a second trip this year? Uploading my food pics from January to the food pic thread! I hope the DIS gets a cut of Disney's profits... lol

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I just realized that I read your last trip report! The Lego place stood out at me because my nephew (turning 5 this Sunday - the one who was supposed to go to Disney with us/then after us) LOVES Legos and I've made a note to get him something from there.

Speaking of that, we just heard that my DH's cousin and husband have canceled their trip. Not sure why - some are saying they were told because of finances, some were told it was because we weren't going the same week as them anymore. Not sure, but I'm not worried about it. They aren't Disney freaks like us, so I'm sure they're already over it.

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
OK, so I read what's posted SO FAR :laughing:

Raecheal
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
i think you should just keep what you have and go wit the flow! Getting too caught up in, what is the best time to go where will oly lead to stress. No matter what happens, it is Disney World and if you have a fun family, it will be fun!

I completely agree... just go with the flow.

A lot of my reservations have mixed/bad reviews (Tony's, WCC, etc) but until I try them, they're all fair game. We'll just know for next time!

We love Tony's...and I know it always gets a bad review but we had such a great time there in 2008. Everyone's experience will be different...

mchelle77
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I've looked at the menu AND the pics, and I'm looking forward to it! Granted, I plan on getting the sirloin (I eat enough Italian food with my in-laws) but still .. looks good.

Oh, and to make up for it, I WILL get the more Italian tiramisu. ;)

mchelle77
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
OK, FINAL list of schedule with ADRs. I think .. :rotfl:

Sunday, Nov. 1 - Leaving NH as early as humanly possible. DH is an early riser, so screw it, I'll sleep in the car. Seing that Halloween is the night before, I predict a sleepy child and lots of candy for the ride to our first hotel that night.

Monday, Nov. 2 - Hopefully arrive around 4pm (check-in time). Get our stuff into the room and go to DD. Possibilities for that night are going to Mickey's Mart, Planet Hollywood (just for an appetizer) and/or maybe that balloon ride? It'll all depends on timing. Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 8:05pm. Edited to add that I arranged for the chocolate slipper dessert to be sent to our table that night. I had them put "Welcome Talia" on the plate.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 - EPCOT (EMH in the AM). DH goes to do Mission: Space while DD and I get FPs for Soarin, then meet up at the Seas. Do as much of Future World as we can (including MS, TT, Soarin', character meet & greet for Visa cardholders, Nemo, Turtle Talk and some Kidcot spots) Have lunch at the Rose & Crown pub and take our time around the WS. I WOULD like to catch British Invasion and Off Kilter, do the "Pick a Pearl" in Japan and see Billy Ocean at the American Gardens Theater. My DH hasn't said anything in particular that he wants to do, so he'll be stuck donig what *I* want to do! :laughing: 6:50pm Princess Dinner at Akershus, then park our butts at the waterside tables in Mexico with margaritas and wait for Illuminations.

Wednesday, Nov. 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM. Head towards the castle and see Tinkerbell's Treasures (DD LOVES her!) I'll get FPs for BTMR and I'll meet DH and DD at the entrance of Toontown so she can hopefully meet Tink. After that, I have a BIG list of stuff we want to do and see (tops are Philharmagic, Splash, BTMR, Toontown houses, Buzz, Laughfloor and Haunted Mansion). Tony's dinner reservations at 6:25pm.

Thursday, Nov. 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM again. (EMH in the AM). Do whatever we didn't get a chance to the day before. Maybe head back to the hotel for a nap and a swim, since we have 7:55pm reservations at Chef Mickey's.

Friday, Nov. 6 - ANIMAL KINGDOM. (EMH in the PM). I get FPs for Everest and meet DH and DD at Dinoland (or whatever it's called) DH goes on Dinosaur and meets us at the Boneyard when he's done. I'd love to see Nemo right away, but we'll see. Big attractions we want to see other than those are FotLK, Kali River, Safari .. 5pm reservations at Yak & Yeti's. I'm not sure we'll need those EMH because we don't plan on doing *everything* at that park.

Saturday, Nov. 7 - Hotel/Pool day. 3:20pm tea reservations at Garden View Tea Lounge with DD, and then meet DH for our 5:15pm reservations for the Spirit of Aloha luau. IF it rains, we'll eat at Kona Cafe.

Sunday, Nov. 8 - Hollywood Studios. I grab FPs for TSM and meet DH and DD at Little Mermaid. We plan on doing/seeing about 2/3rds of the stuff here, but it's a small park, so do-able. Currently, we have 8:20am AND 515pm reservations to Hollywood & Vine. We have to figure out which to keep. DH doesn't want to be pressured to be at the park that early, but I said that since the day before is a pool day, and the luau isn't late, we should have no trouble getting to sleep earlier than usual.

Monday, Nov. 9 - Pool/hotel day. Whispering Canyon at 7:35pm

Tuesday, Nov. 10 - Leaving today :( Cape May Cafe at 910 am. and hoping to stop at the Disney outlet on the way home (Mwahahaaaaa)

Going through all of this, I realize I have ADR confirmations EVERYWHERE. I've got to organize this crap.

areno79
09-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey! I know you! :rotfl2:

mchelle77
09-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey! :laughing: Are you going to do a PTR too? You'll have to take pics of POFQ since we were going to stay there .. but you've done the value resorts before, right?

areno79
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Hmm...not sure if I'll do a PTR. It probably wouldn't hurt. I'm feeling anxious because it's only a month away.
Last time we stayed at Pop (which we LOVED), but this will be our first time at a moderate. I think I'm most excited about the water slide :lmao:

Looking at your plan, our restaurants are also pretty similar. We're also doing WCC, Akershus, Spirit of Aloha and Hollywood & Vine. I wasn't able to get any Chef Mickey's ressies, but I'll keep trying.

mchelle77
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I guess it doesn't matter if you don't do one, I'll know all about it anyway :lmao:

Do you know which days you're going where yet?

areno79
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Good point! The girls are going to get so sick of our Disney talk :)

Yeah...here's what I booked this AM:

Saturday 10/17 4:55 Princess Storybook at Akershus
Sunday 10/18 5:15 Whispering Canyon
Monday 10/19 3:45 Sci Fi Dine In (going to Fantasmic that night)
Tuesday 10/20 3:30 Crystal Palace (MNSSHP that night)
Wednesday 10/21 7:00 Le Chefs de France
Thursday 10/22 6:10 Hollywood & Vine
Friday 10/23 8:00 Sprit of Aloha

I was bummed I couldn't get a later ressie for Sci Fi, but I think it'll be okay. I remember last time we went there even with an ADR we waited about 20 minutes, and then we were there about hour. So if we follow the same timeline this time it will give us time to get in line for decent seats at Fantasmic at 7:30.

mchelle77
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow, about half are the same :laughing: That time at Sci Fi should be plenty of time to get over there and wait .. the only thing I can't stand is that Fantasmic is only twice a week now, which makes it more crowded. And we're going on a SUNDAY, so the wait will probably SUCK.

Let me know how Les Chefs is .. is Ray a picky eater? Is it mostly French food there? OH! Are you going to take advantage of the Food & Wine Festival??? I plan on getting a F&WF gift card when I get there, and a big fat beer passport. :laughing: I want to try escargot while there (Russ gags when I tell him that .. I won't be kissing him that night!)

mchelle77
09-13-2009, 09:18 AM
I just called and paid the balance of our trip :yay: $1700+ on my card. Now I need to call and get the rewards card sent to me and have those points put on.

49 days!!!!!

mchelle77
09-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I booked the Garden Tea Lounge at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea with my daughter. She's a big tea party fan (loves throwing them :) ) so she should love it. I'm going to make sure we're dressed for the luau beforehand (our res is at 320pm, luau is at 515pm) and just have tea and a small snack. I'll get the check right away so I know we'll make it in time :laughing:

areno79
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh, she'll LOVE that! It's not included in the dining plan, is it?

mchelle77
09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
No, but since the luau is right after (and we'll be eating dinner then) I'm going to just order tea and maybe something that can be considered an appetizer. Like the tea sandwiches or something. Here's the menu:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=305

mchelle77
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I need to figure out how to get an avatar. I tried, but it wouldn't let me upload the pics I have. I guess they're too big?

mchelle77
09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I've also made a res for the night of the luau (thanks, Amanda) at Kona Cafe. It's also at the Polynesian so if the luau gets canceled due to weather, we'll still have somewhere to eat. We'll just keep at eye on the weather and, two days before, if it's clear, we'll cancel Kona. If rain is due, we'll keep it just in case. Hopefully we can get an hour-by-hour weather report and see (if there IS rain that day) when it's supposed to rain.

I want to start packing NOW.

areno79
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I have Early Packing Syndrome too :rotfl: I'm managing it by shopping. LOTS and LOTS of shopping. :thumbsup2

We booked at the 1900 Park Fare on the night of the luau, just in case. ;)

mchelle77
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I bought a few things for my daughter's "travel bag" yesterday. Mickey coloring book, crayons, mini Play Doh, Tinkerbell notebook, Belle lip gloss .. few others that I can't remember. I'll also put her Leapster game in there, her Magna Doodle, a few books, etc. Need some more ideas.

Also got her beach bag ready. Cleaned out (sand, sand, sand), reorganized. She won't need beach toys, but she'll need her floaties and water shoes and sunblock. I packed both bags up in her closet where, hopefully, she won't get to them.

My parents said they started a change jar for DD - each day, they both HAVE to put $1 in it, as well as all the change they have from that day. They'll give it to her the Monday before we leave.

I've learned a few things these past few days -

(1) whatever happens, I will NOT be getting an appt to BBB for her! I took her to a kid's expo yesterday and a local salon had girls there doing complimentary hair styling, and she refused. Thanks for saving me at LEAST $60. :laughing:

(2) I thought I wanted tickets to the Wishes Dessert party, but now I'm glad that it's not available on that Wednesday. Another $50 to stuff ourselves with junk is NOT something I really want to do on our second day of the trip!

(3) I need to consciously remember that this vacation is for DD - which means that, when there, we need to let her decide what happens. Meaning, if she wants to stop and play in a water area or playground for a bit, even if I REALLY want to get somewhere, I need to remember to let her. And I should try to come to terms with the fact that *something* will happen where she unintentionally disrupts my plan ... I need to remember that it's FINE!!

(4) I know I'm excited, but I CAN NOT plan another thing. I need to be more flexible. We're going with/for a 4.5 year old. She needs some down time, as do we! I've planned enough stuff to keep us going and having fun, but any more will be overkill, and leave us exhausted, broke and irritated.

Maybe I SHOULD just keep on shopping :lmao:

areno79
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe the Main St. Barber Shop could be an alternative to BBB? It's much cheaper, and they can even just do the hairstyle with the colored gel and Mickey confetti.

I get what you're saying about allowing spontaneous moments. It's HARD, but def. necessary. I learned that after my last trip with my cousins.

mchelle77
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I was looking into that too .. much cheaper, like $10 or something? She'd probably like that coloring stuff better than all that hairspray anyway. :)

We are down to like 40 days or something crazy like that! I can't wait, I'm glad we have lots of stuff going on between now and then!

sersee05
09-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey Mchelle! I have run across your posts a couple of times and thought I would drop by your ptr! We are going the same week..I remember your jersey week thread...lol ...I'm from Jersey and headed to the World ...but have heard the crowds aren't that bad..

It has been fun reading your report...We are getting so close! It has been helpful for me to read your ptr..since I haven't started getting anything ready yet...you have given me some ideas...

inkedupmomma
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
I bought a few things for my daughter's "travel bag" yesterday. Mickey coloring book, crayons, mini Play Doh, Tinkerbell notebook, Belle lip gloss .. few others that I can't remember. I'll also put her Leapster game in there, her Magna Doodle, a few books, etc. Need some more ideas.

Also got her beach bag ready. Cleaned out (sand, sand, sand), reorganized. She won't need beach toys, but she'll need her floaties and water shoes and sunblock. I packed both bags up in her closet where, hopefully, she won't get to them.

My parents said they started a change jar for DD - each day, they both HAVE to put $1 in it, as well as all the change they have from that day. They'll give it to her the Monday before we leave.

I've learned a few things these past few days -

(1) whatever happens, I will NOT be getting an appt to BBB for her! I took her to a kid's expo yesterday and a local salon had girls there doing complimentary hair styling, and she refused. Thanks for saving me at LEAST $60. :laughing:

(2) I thought I wanted tickets to the Wishes Dessert party, but now I'm glad that it's not available on that Wednesday. Another $50 to stuff ourselves with junk is NOT something I really want to do on our second day of the trip!

(3) I need to consciously remember that this vacation is for DD - which means that, when there, we need to let her decide what happens. Meaning, if she wants to stop and play in a water area or playground for a bit, even if I REALLY want to get somewhere, I need to remember to let her. And I should try to come to terms with the fact that *something* will happen where she unintentionally disrupts my plan ... I need to remember that it's FINE!!

(4) I know I'm excited, but I CAN NOT plan another thing. I need to be more flexible. We're going with/for a 4.5 year old. She needs some down time, as do we! I've planned enough stuff to keep us going and having fun, but any more will be overkill, and leave us exhausted, broke and irritated.

Maybe I SHOULD just keep on shopping :lmao:

This is te smartest thing I think I have read a mom write on the dis!! everything you said 100% true!

So keep on shopping and save your $$ on the dessert party.. I didn't feel it was worth it!

mchelle77
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
sersee - Welcome! Do you have a PTR going at all?

inked - Welcome back! Waiting patiently for your trip report :) Good to know about the Wishes party, too ..

My DD woke up at 6am saying she couldn't breathe and coughing that barky, croupy cough ... we were all up for a bit (after I made her take the inhaler she got from last time) and I said "I guess it's better that you get sick now than when we're in Disney!" I know that sounds bad, but c'mon .. any parent would be thinking the same thing :laughing:

areno79
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Can't say I blame you. I've been worried about us getting sick too. And my allergies have been a killer the last week or so, so that's not helping.

mchelle77
09-24-2009, 09:39 AM
and my allergies have been a killer the last week or so, so that's not helping.

me too!

mchelle77
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
We just realized that, if we're leaving the 10th, why should we rush to TWO reservations on the 9th and take up most of that day? So I switched the Cape May Cafe breakfast to Tuesday (the 10th) so we can sleep in on that Monday.

Whenever I talk to my DH about the trip, buying stuff for it, packing, itinerary, he says "Talk to me in October". He's up to his a$$ in wedding shoots between now and Halloween weekend, so he wants to just focus on that. So I said today "I can't believe September is almost over!" and he said "I know .. I remember telling you to talk to me in October and now it IS October!" So good, I can start flooding him with my shtuff. :laughing:

sersee05
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
ohh my kids are sick right now and I thought the exact same thing...Better now!!! Don't get sick in November..I am pumping them full of vitamins:lmao: I did start a ptr..but it's more like a pre rambling report..I just ramble on and on and on.......I need to plan a little more I think...OH but I am so excited..Is it all you can talk about? I swear my Dh thinks I am nutso. I manage to talk about Disney in every conversation...Every convo!! It's pathetic..

I think I will put a disney "package" outside of my kids door the morning we leave..Can you get autograph books at the d store I wonder? Your making me wonder if I should try booking the Luau..We are staying at the poly and it would be a good first night thing to do...

mchelle77
09-24-2009, 07:39 PM
My DH would kill to stay at the Poly! We saw it from a distance before, but on our honeymoon, we roamed around when we attempted to do the luau then (canceled due to weather) and he just loved it. Said next time we go, that's where he wants to stay. (Also said that the next trip will be minimum 5 years away. :mad: )

The Disney Store I went to near me said they don't sell autograph books in stores, but I know you can order them on the site.

And YES, it's all I can talk about. My husband sometimes asks me "Can you try not to talk about Disney tonight" when we're around certain people. I understand - we were at his cousin's house the other night when he said it and they were SUPPOSED to be going when we were, but had to cancel. So fine, I won't talk about it around them. (Unless they ask)

I wish there were some more things I could plan ... the anticipation of the trip is the best though!

areno79
09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I so hear you...I think my coworkers are going to put a muzzle on me because I won't stop talking about Disney! :lmao:

Oh, and I finally started a PTR :)

mchelle77
09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Just went over. Yep, we can see who wins the cry-fest. That castle thing is a biggie, though .. I've known since before we booked the trip that I will bawl like a baby the first time Talia sees that castle. I cry at commercials for Disney when I imagine her seeing it. :rolleyes:

I just tried talking the husband into another day :littleangel: He didn't say NO, so that's good. But he laughed and said "We're going for TEN days! That's a really good amount of time! Most people would love to go for that long. Besides, I have a wedding to shoot on the 14th (in Mass...and we drive to and from WDW, so I kinda get what he's saying) so I'd like some time to relax before going right back to work." I said that the last day is a hotel/pool day, and the added one would be too, so it's not like we'd be overwhelmed with walking ... " We'll see what happens. :thumbsup2

areno79
09-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm telling you...just move down there. Then it'll be like vacation everyday! :) (And I'll have somewhere to stay if *I* go there!) :rotfl:

mchelle77
09-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I couldn't live in FLA year-round ... the fun would be lost after the first year or so. We can just stay with Janet! :lmao:

mchelle77
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
You know you're overplanning when you feel like you want to plan your NEXT Disney vacation because it feels like you've already lived through the one you're waiting to arrive.

mchelle77
10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
My husband and I bought our DD a hat today for Whispering Canyon

http://cracklecdn.zoovy.lg1.simplecdn.net/img/designed2bsweet/W300-H300-Bffffff/2/pinktiaracowgirlhat.jpg

LOVE it! :lol: It lights up in the tiara. Actually, I think it's white feathery stuff instead of sequins around the rim.

Oh, and I got my Mickey Mail today :banana: Gotta remember to put that with my stuff I've been stowing away.

I did get a chance to use my bag I bought for the trip .. not sure what to think. (We went to a local fair today and I used it). I don't know if it'll be too heavy, or if it was just because I had a headache from it being so cold. I almost want to go buy one I saw at an outdoor store to be sure it's comfortable.

areno79
10-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I've tried every type of bag under the sun (even the fashion no-no known as the fanny pack!) I've finally given up and just let Ray carry a smallish backpack. He doesn't seem to mind, and I've got a wallet thing that I put in my pocket for my ID's, KTTW cards, etc. :confused3

P.S. LOVE the hat!!

mchelle77
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
The bag I had for my honeymoon was perfect. I got it at a shoe store somewhere at some mall (I think?). This one is OK, and holds a good amount, including two water bottles in side pockets .. maybe that's why I was irritated with it.

I'm thinking I might go get that one I liked and use both of them, switch off for the days I don't need so much with me. Russ is going to kick my butt if I keep buying stuff :)

I don't know why I don't want to wear a backpack. I know *I* would end up lugging it around. I might hit the mall later and see if that bag I originally liked is on sale.

lovesdumbo
10-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Enjoying your PRT! Your DD is adorable!!!

Your trip sounds wonderful!

I had one little suggestion. On your Epcot day I would meet your DH at the Character Connection after getting fast passes for Soarin. I know you plan to do the Visa meet & greet which is great because you get the free photo and lots of other photos on your photopass but I have never seen more than 3 characters there-sometimes only 2. At the Character Connection you see all of the fab 5 and often 1 more around the corner. It can get crazy long lines but if you get fast passes for Soarin and then go right back to the Character Connection the lines shouldn't be too bad.

All your other plans sound great!!!

We ate at Tony's for the first time in August and really enjoyed it. I only got a salad because we were doing the dessert party that night. DH got shrimp scampi and it looked good. He enjoyed it. I have to say you made the right decision on the dessert party. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea for us to do it on our arrival day. We were all so tired my kids all asked me if we could just go back to the hotel-so we didn't even stay for the fireworks. The desserts were good but not worth the $$$ and especially now that it has gone up in price.

MazdaUK
10-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi! I've just caught up and I'm so glad someone else can go Disney-crazy:rotfl: Although even DH got it in the end - the night before we went, after we got the kids to bed, we sat and watched the planning DVDs on our own just going "we're going to BE there!!!!!" My younger DS was 5 when we went - its a lovely age, as they're young enough for the magic but old enough to have a little stamina;)

mchelle77
10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
:welcome: to both of you!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make a note of that in my book .. my problem is that my DH doesn't want to miss out on ANYthing concerning my DD, so while he's in M:S, I was going to take her to something tame so he wouldn't miss it. Plus, I'd kind of like him in pictures with us and the characters :laughing: But maybe I'll spend that time going to get my F&WF gift card and park maps, etc. I'm not TOO overly concerned about character meetings becuse we have enough character meals to allow her to meet them all - the only one I'll be insanely nuts over is her meeting the fairies - she LOVES Tinkerbell!

My DH is coming around in terms of getting excited. He's been discussing how much money we're bringing for the trip, what time we're going to leave, etc.

mchelle77
10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Went to the Disney Store today to pick up my preordered Snow White DVD. With each preorder, you get a coupon that's either worth $20 off a purchase of $40 or more, OR just $10 off any purchase. My mother had bought one too (for someone's DD) and so we met at the mall to use the coupons.

I grabbed three T shirts for DD while we're there - they were on sale for $4.99, then antoher 25% off, so with the $10 off, I got three T shirts for $1.22. :woohoo: I have my box of Ziploc bags, I should started organizing her clothes now :laughing:

lbuzz52
10-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey! I'm taking my dd4 for her first trip the week before you. We have most of the same park days. I too was second guessing my choices. But I'm really hoping that we will be okay with the smaller crowds. I think they are always labeled worst days if they are emh parks. But I think we will need them to fit as much in as I want to and still go at a comfy pace for a preschooler. We should be at epcot the same day as you. Looking forward to your report.

mchelle77
10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow, maybe we'll run into each other on some preschooler-friendly attraction :laughing: Watch for my DD - she's about as tall as a 6-7 year old and will be wearing a white T with navy Mickeys all over it (yes, I've planned most of her clothing for this trip ;) ) I'll be the one attempting to drink everything in site, and my husband is built like a linebacker. :lmao: We'll be easy to spot.

Anyway, welcome! I'm going to sub to your PTR, but it's past midnight around my parts and I have a LONG day tomorrow, so I'll catch up on your planning soon!

lbuzz52
10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
we Will be the one with a large group- probably a fussy adult or two included! Maybe we will see you at the beer stand or illuminations? Right now we have plans to finish the day snacking through food and wine and grab some nachos to snack on while we wait for illuminations.
Forgot to mention- I understand the family thing. Dh has never been and his bro, our sil and our niece are going the week after we return. I swear my mil is pissed about it. But it's not my fault it wasn't a priority for her. I'm not going to deny my kids just because she never went.

inkedupmomma
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Went to the Disney Store today to pick up my preordered Snow White DVD. With each preorder, you get a coupon that's either worth $20 off a purchase of $40 or more, OR just $10 off any purchase. My mother had bought one too (for someone's DD) and so we met at the mall to use the coupons.

I grabbed three T shirts for DD while we're there - they were on sale for $4.99, then another 25% off, so with the $10 off, I got three T shirts for $1.22. :woohoo: I have my box of Ziploc bags, I should started organizing her clothes now :laughing:

Hmm.. i attempted to do the same thing you did, and walked out spending over 100 clams.... glad you had better success than I did!!

mchelle77
10-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh, I'll be at the beer stand, alright. :laughing:

And I had no choice about the spending at TDS - I went in with a $20 bill and knew I wanted to stop for lunch somewhere, so .. ;)

THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW WE LEAVE! It can't come fast enough! At least now my husband is getting into it .. we know we're stopping two nights on the way home, and he's mentioned wanting to make a pit stop at Virginia Beach .. wondering where else we can stop.

lbuzz52
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM
yeah for dh getting into it.
mine can't make up his mind. one day its, i can't wait for vacation. the next it is like all he can think about is the dollar signs. i know that my dh and yours will have a blast once there

mchelle77
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I want to start packing my DD's clothes .. we're in jeans and sweatshirts around here. It's been freezing cold at night! I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I get distracted (mostly by these boards!)

I think I'm avoiding doing it because I KNOW my husband is going to look at me strange when I start packing outfits into Ziploc bags ... I mentioned that and he laughed, asked if I was planning on doing that. I said "No, no .. that's a bit extreme." But I am.

lbuzz52
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I want to start packing my DD's clothes .. we're in jeans and sweatshirts around here. It's been freezing cold at night! I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I get distracted (mostly by these boards!)

I think I'm avoiding doing it because I KNOW my husband is going to look at me strange when I start packing outfits into Ziploc bags ... I mentioned that and he laughed, asked if I was planning on doing that. I said "No, no .. that's a bit extreme." But I am.

the weather is changing here too.... i can't decide if its good or bad. on the one hand, it means clean clothes to pack this weekend (hopefully) on the other, it means that i have to take the time to change out the kids tiny closets from warm to cold clothing.

i'm going to do the ziplock too i think. When we can get dd up 5 minutes before we leave, throw on her bag, brush her teeth, and give her a poptart for the bus, he'll be quite glad our morning grumpy was packed efficiently.

mchelle77
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
That's what I'm thinking .. he's SUCH a morning person, I am NOT. And I usually take on getting our DD ready for the day, so he'll love it when I'm not sifting thorugh piles of clothes, trying to figure out what she's wearing.

mchelle77
10-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Was at Walmart earlier and got some disinfectant wipes. Gonna pack those and throw a few in a baggie every morning. Just to give some rides a quick wipe before we go on them (since we're going during flu season, I do NOT want our trip cut short! So I'm taking precautions!)

My DH wants me to wait until next Monday to start packing. I want to do it now but he'd like to avoid having luggage and bags everywhere. I guess I see his point. We have so much going on this next week (company for dinner tonight, I'm going out with some girls tomorrow, my mother is visiting next week Mon-Tues, Wednesday I'm taking DD to the Dis Store for the Halloween thing they're doing there, next Saturday I'm taking her to a local Halloween event, next Sunday we have a baby shower AND a concert) then that last week of October I'll spend packing, buying last minute stuff and preparing.

This is what I'd love to do: next Friday, I stay up late (not a problem! :laughing: ) and sleep in late. My DH takes a nap midday while I start packing the car. After trick or treating, we get DD ready for bed and leave around 10pm. I'll drive until about 2-3am and then DH takes over. We drive as far south as we can that whole day (Sunday) and stay at a hotel wherever we land (preferably southern S. Carolina or Georgia). Then we can leave after rush hour Monday morning and still get to the World early enough to do some stuff that day (Downtown Disney, unpack, ADR at 8pm)

HE would rather just get up and start the drive around 3-4am. He'll drive as far as he can (he'd prefer to at least get by DC before letting me drive) and then stop around 8pm for the night. I don't care, but I DON'T want to be getting to the World at like 5-6pm and then feel rushed to unpack and make it to our ADR without being able to do anything else. He said we'll make the decision that night when we see how we feel, how rested we are, how much sleep we've gotten those previous two nights, etc.

Aside from that, I still need to figure out what my DD will wear to Animal Kindgom. I have special shirts for each park except that one. And she doesn't have anything from like The Lion King or Nemo or anything relevant. Guess I'll be heading back to the Dis Store soon :thumbsup2

lbuzz52
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
i like your plan- if there is a delay or something it could otherwise run you into the adr

mchelle77
10-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I think my husband is concerned about driving at night - his reasoning is that when it's dark and monotonous, it's easier to get tired. I see his point .. I guess we're taking a "wait and see" approach.

Got some more stuff for the trip down. Toys R Us had a Tinkerbell magnetic doll set, so I grabbed that. And got her a maze book she could do in the car.

Our to-do list is getting smaller. We need to get an oil change and clean the car (the trunk, especially) and get a second camcorder battery. I got a few things yesterday. I'm still fighting off the urge to pack.

mchelle77
10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
OK, the REAL final list of schedule with ADRs. I can't possibly change antoher thing so close to departure day, with all of the crap I've got going on in the next 12 days.

Sunday, Nov. 1 - Leaving NH as early as humanly possible.

Monday, Nov. 2 - Hopefully arrive around check-in time or earlier. Get our stuff into the room and go to DD if there's time. Possibilities for that night are going to Mickey's Mart, Planet Hollywood for an appetizer and/or maybe that balloon ride. Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 8:05pm.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 - EPCOT (EMH in the AM). DH goes to do Mission: Space while DD and I get FPs for Soarin, then meet up at the Seas. Do as much of Future World as we can (including MS, TT, Soarin', character meet & greet for Visa cardholders, Nemo, Turtle Talk and some Kidcot spots) Have lunch at the Rose & Crown pub and take our time around the WS. I WOULD like to catch British Invasion and Off Kilter, do the "Pick a Pearl" in Japan and see Billy Ocean at the American Gardens Theater. 6:50pm Princess Dinner at Akershus, then Illuminations.

Wednesday, Nov. 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM. Head towards the castle and see Tinkerbell's Treasures (DD LOVES her!) I'll get FPs for BTMR and I'll meet DH and DD at the entrance of Toontown so she can hopefully meet Tink. After that, I have a BIG list of stuff we want to do and see (tops are Philharmagic, Splash, BTMR, Toontown houses, Buzz, Laughfloor and Haunted Mansion). Tony's dinner reservations at 6:25pm.

Thursday, Nov. 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM again. (EMH in the AM). Do whatever we didn't get a chance to the day before. Maybe head back to the hotel for a nap and a swim, since we have 7:55pm reservations at Chef Mickey's.

Friday, Nov. 6 - ANIMAL KINGDOM. (EMH in the PM). I get FPs for Everest and meet DH and DD at Dinoland (or whatever it's called) DH goes on Dinosaur and meets us at the Boneyard when he's done. I'd love to see Nemo right away, but we'll see. Big attractions we want to see other than those are FotLK, Kali River, Safari .. 5pm reservations at Yak & Yeti's.

Saturday, Nov. 7 - Hotel/Pool day. 3:20pm tea reservations at Garden View Tea Lounge with DD, and then meet DH for our 5:15pm reservations for the Spirit of Aloha luau. IF it rains, we'll eat at Kona Cafe.

Now for the two switches!!
Sunday, Nov. 8 - Pool/hotel day. Whispering Canyon at 2:20pm Reason for this switch in the following description.

Monday, Nov. 9 - Hollywood Studios. I grab FPs for TSM and meet DH and DD at Little Mermaid. We plan on doing/seeing about 2/3rds of the stuff here, but it's a small park, so do-able. 2pm reservations at Hollywood & Vine. We switched this because of Fantasmic. DH and I have seen it and don't really mind missing it this time around. I think the combination of Fantasmic showing only twice a week now, and it being a weekend, would cause that park to be insane, so we agreed to go on Monday instead. That would ensure that we get to do/see a lot more. And it happens to be EMH in the evening that night. If we need them, we'll use them. If not, early to bed.

Tuesday, Nov. 10 - Leaving today :( Cape May Cafe at 910 am.

So that's that.

I started packing my DD's clothes tonight. I have special shirts/outfits for every park, and a Hawaiian-style dress for the luau, so I've coordinated them with shorts and put them in individual Ziploc bags with socks (if she's wearing sneakers that day) and undies and labeled them by park AND day. I also made two bags with alternate outfits, and I'll have a sweater with us at all times, plus pants just in case. Got her bathing suits together .. I'm holding off on packing sweaters because she's using them still. Pants, sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets will be packed last minute.

inkedupmomma
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Looks good! so you have to htel/pool days back to back? did I read that right?

We always do MK 1st and last day.. I have to see the castle before I leave, or i'll has a sad! have fun packing!

lbuzz52
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
do you have an extra day of passes on your tickets? if so, you could make a half day at whereever you didn't get it all done on one of your pool days. i'm not sure how many day passes you got, but for us it was only like 2 or 3 bucks a person to add an extra day so that we could go in the morning of departure day too.

mchelle77
10-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Yep, back to back pool days. We weren't really crazy about that, but REALLY didn't want to be at DHS on a weekend Fantasmic night. I was lucky to be able to switch those ADRs, I couldn't switch ANY others. :confused3

And no, no extra days. But I never thought of that .. I guess I was too concerned about the thought of having those tickets and wasting them. I'd probably cry over that :laughing: But I doubt DH would want to bother. We only have two rest days, and one of them is kind of packed (tea, luau) so we won't get as much relaxation as we hoped for on that day. If we add another day to do a park for half of Sunday, we'd lose that day too. And I don't think we'd have time to use it on departure day - we have breakfast reservations at 9am and then we'll need to get on the road. We have to drive all the way home! And we wanted to spread it out for a more restful trip back. I think a park that day would knock my DH right out.

Scrappygrrl
10-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice PTR!
We're Jersey folks doing Jersey Week. Hoping it is not too bad.
Nov 2-8 - CSR followed by Nick Hotel. We won a trip that included airfare and Nick Hotel through Parents Magazine, so we tacked on the CSR portion ourselves. Haven't been since November 1999, and it will be my son's first trip (turned 5 in Sept). It's a surprise, we're not telling him until we get to the airport!
Our tentative plans:
Nov 2 DHS - 3:25 ADR Sci-fi. Hoping to Hope to MK for Wishes.
Nov 3 - MK - 7:45 WCC ADR - I keep trying for earlier so we can see Wishes again! Or 'Ohana, but no dice!
Nov 4 - Epcot - 6:30 ADR Biergarten
Nov 5 - DHS - 8 am ADR for Hollywood and Vine. Will hop over to AK around 11:30 or so.
Nov 6 - Rest and pool day at Nick Hotel -weather permitting. 5:30 ADR at Raglan Rd - could possibly hop to MK for a bit after.
Nov 7 - hop back to whatver park and rides the 5 year old wants to repeat.
Nov 8th - 10 am flight home :-(

I have my guest bedroom as my "staging area" -random things I think we need are getting thrown in there, but no real rhyme or reason yet.
you are so organized - I need to get my butt in gear!
My son loves pressed penny machines so my next errand is to get a mini M&M tube and load it with quarters and pennies!

mchelle77
10-21-2009, 06:08 PM
For a second I thought we were both in MK on the 3rd .. I'm getting my days confused. It's all this switching ADRs! :laughing:

I've got enough pennies and quarters in an envelope for her to make 11 pennies. I can't deal with any more coins than that!

I really need rehab or something. I was at the Disney Store AGAIN today. But for a good reason - they had the "Halloween Dress Rehearsal" so Talia got to test out her Belle costume. It was cute, there were probably about 35-40 kids there. It was a ZOO! Three kids (mine was one of them!) won a stuffed Minnie dressed as a witch for Halloween. And of course, I had to buy another shirt for me. Shopping for the kid is done, but that doesn't mean *I* can't grab a shirt here or there! I also bought (the other day) a pair of silver Mickey Head earrings with crystals in each circle. They're studs, and really cute (normally $69, got them for $20). I wanted to get SOMETHING, I only have 2 Disney shirts and one I think might be a little too small (it was on clearance and I LOVED it, but they didn't have my size :laughing: )

mchelle77
10-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Nine days! Nine days!

mchelle77
10-24-2009, 10:15 PM
So we're down to 8 days :goodvibes My daughter's suitcase is mostly packed. We've got an INSANE week coming up, which I'll post about .. let's alls end us good vibes - no getting sick, anyone! I need some major pixie dust .. I've had my flu shot, but I'm always getting sick. I haven't yet, so I'm due. :confused3

SUNDAY: baby shower from 1-4pm, concert from 7-10pm. And we're supposed to meet our friends for drinks before that.

MONDAY: DD has school and my mother is coming up for the night from Mass. DH and I are going to Salem Mass for the Halloween festivities.

TUESDAY: Hair appt (badly need a foil) at noon, driving my mother home after that. Start packing.

WEDNESDAY: DD has school, dr. appt. at 11am

THURSDAY: Watching my nephew all day.

FRIDAY: Nothing, thankfully. Last minute packing/shopping.

SATURDAY: Organizing everything, start packing the car, trick or treating that night. Leaving at about 3am.

My MIL said the clocks go back that night. That's a GREAT thing, because it means we can leave at 4am and still technically be leaving at 3am. We'll get an extra hour of sleep. I'm making DH take a nap that day, too. I'll load the car while he's napping.

I can't believe we're so close! DH just finished shooting his last wedding and said he's in "full Tinkerbell mode" now :lmao:

mchelle77
10-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Today I bought some stuff for the hotel stay (2 cases of water, Lysol spray, Lysol wipes, granola bars, PB crackers, etc) and DH got an oil change and inspection sticker on the car. I've updated some of my Disney planning folder inserts.

Question - it seems like two sites (Steve Soares and wdw-something-or-other) says that Spectro will show on Nov. 4 and not 5th, but the DISNEY site says it's the opposite. Who to believe? I've emailed Disney to see (if it's Thursday then that AWESOME, because we'll be able to see it. If not, then we'll be in Tony's so we might miss most of it. I guess I'll wait and see.)

I also just did online check-in. Decided not to add a card to the res. What's the point? We've been saving cash in my DD's piggy bank (Mickey and Friends in a car .. how appropriate! :laughing: ) for months and that's what we're taking. I don't like the idea of it (I'd rather put everyone on a card and use the cash to pay it off) but my DH is a cash-only kinda guy. :confused3 Wonder if I can get him to change his mind in the next SIX DAYS!!!!!!

areno79
10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
FWIW, it was nice to just have to carry one card for everything...but I do see your point about being cash-only.

Have you ever seen Spectro before? I highly recommend it :thumbsup2

mchelle77
10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
I think we saw pieces of it? I really want Talia to see it, but if it's only showing on Wednesday, I'd have to choose between that and Wishes. (Chef Mickey's on Thursday at 8pm, so I'd miss it). I'll have to just wait and see.

mchelle77
10-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Less than 24 hours before we leave and my DD is sick. Took her to the dr. yesterday and still got the OK to go, she's not contagious or anything. She has an inflamed windpipe that gives her a barky cough and a bit of breathing restriction when she's sleeping. We've been giving her Motrin and got a prescription for an inhaler in case she needs it. No temp, no aches. I just want her to feel GREAT for her first trip! :(

I can't believe I stressed for two weeks about someone getting sick and then it actually HAPPENED. I guess I'm glad it happened before we went and were able to get to her dr before we left.

We're mostly packed, about 95% now. Plan for today is to get all of the stuff downstairs, prep the food for the cooler and get through trick-or-treating. We're leaving EARLY tomorrow morning! (hopefully around 3-4am!)

lbuzz52
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
ANxious to hear about it. Hope it was great.

mchelle77
11-11-2009, 09:41 PM
We had a great time ... I'm typing up my trip report and hoping to have it started tomorrow! Had a little bump in the pic uploading department, but they're going now ... over 2,000 pictures taken!

inkedupmomma
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
hey glad to hear you got back ok and had fun! gonna check your siggy to see if you are doing a tr!

mchelle77
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, the link is there and I've started it. I kinda forgot about this PTR in my hurry to get my TR going! :goodvibes