PDA

View Full Version : Favourite offsite restaurant

Pinky166
08-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I was wondering if you had to choose just one then what would your favourite offsite restaurant be?

:thumbsup2

bombhead444
08-16-2009, 02:58 PM
We love Logans Roadhouse, it has a great atmosphere not too expensive and you have monkey nuts in buckets that you can shell, and then throw on the floor.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Grumpy John
08-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Applebees for us. Good value and excellent portions

scojos
08-16-2009, 03:10 PM
for bfast golden corral and for dinner tony romas..
ok i cheated and added 2!:rotfl2:

Pinky166
08-16-2009, 03:25 PM
for bfast golden corral and for dinner tony romas..
ok i cheated and added 2!:rotfl2:

:lmao: I'll let you off as they were for different meals. ;)

wickesy
08-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive - all the types of salad you could ever want with delicious home made soups and pasta to follow.

Lizzybear
08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Cheesecake Factory. I almost put Sweet Tomatoes here (and it's actually where we're eating for our one offsite meal this year, eating at CF on the drive from New York to Boston ;)) but CF just has the edge I think :)

howlongtillsummer?
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Golden Corral! Yum! Their bread rolls are the best with honey butter.:thumbsup2

grannyed
08-17-2009, 08:05 AM
We love the Olive Garden....their breadsticks are delicious....

DCLMan
08-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive - all the types of salad you could ever want with delicious home made soups and pasta to follow.

Golden Corral! Yum! Their bread rolls are the best with honey butter.:thumbsup2

Yes to both of those.

Neoshoegal
08-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Texas de Brazil. Not cheap, but we always get a voucher which makes it affordable and the food is amazing!

T16GEM
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Golden Corral for Breakfast

And Cheesecake Factory for dinner!
YUMMY

castanea1985
08-17-2009, 11:22 AM
OK... can't decide on which one...

Texas de Brazil... even as a veggie I do enjoy eating here... but my meat eating hubby is like a kid in a sweet shop!

Manny's Chop House... we go at least twice here on every trip... excellent food, great atmosphere and fantastic value for money!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/castanea1985/mannys2.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/castanea1985/mmmmmm.jpg

Olive Garden... one of my favourites for everyday food. Love the seafood pasta!

Tracy xx

JohnnySharp2
08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Know quite a few people at the Outback steakhouse at Formosa Gardens.
Friendly staff, nice bar area and the food is nice too.

Manager there is a nice guy and the customer service is always top notch.

T16GEM
08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
It's very interesting to see where people like to eat and why, it's giving me some ideas for our trips!

Pegasus928
08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
This is an excellent topic as it is always good to hear everyones opinions and gain some ideas for the next trip - but......

I tend to find that I never have a favouite place 2 trips running. It used to be Race Rock - but that closed. Then it was Wild Jacks - but that went seriously downhill.
Based on our last trip I really enjoyed Jimmy Buffets Margharitaville on City Walk. The atmosphere, quality and value of the food, and location made it a great place to stop for something to eat at the end of a busy day in Universal.
But I wouldn't be surprised if something pipped it when we go back in October - probably Texas de Brazil judging by everyones recommendations.

Lisa x
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry in advance but I cant just choose one...:rotfl:

Bubba Gumps at CityWalk.......Olive Garden....Aussie Outback!!

Oh and for chinese, gotta be PF Changs at Mall @ Millennia!!

Neoshoegal
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
This is an excellent topic as it is always good to hear everyones opinions and gain some ideas for the next trip - but......

I tend to find that I never have a favouite place 2 trips running. It used to be Race Rock - but that closed. Then it was Wild Jacks - but that went seriously downhill.
Based on our last trip I really enjoyed Jimmy Buffets Margharitaville on City Walk. The atmosphere, quality and value of the food, and location made it a great place to stop for something to eat at the end of a busy day in Universal.
But I wouldn't be surprised if something pipped it when we go back in October - probably Texas de Brazil judging by everyones recommendations.

If you want to go to Texas de Brazil, make sure you sign up for their newsletter. They send you vouchers (not often, so they aren't spamming you) with special offers. And when it's your birthday and anniversary you also get a voucher for 1 free diner (based on 1 paying), so fill out your anniversary according to your time in Orlando ;)

Dimplenose
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Know quite a few people at the Outback steakhouse at Formosa Gardens.
Friendly staff, nice bar area and the food is nice too.

Manager there is a nice guy and the customer service is always top notch.

That's not the experience we had last week. I won't say we had awful service, certainly not so bad that I would complain, but our waiter wasn't brilliant and once he knew we weren't ordering alcohol seemed much less friendly than when he greeted us. But he was positiveley fawning over another English family on another table.

I wouldn't go back, I much preferred the food and service at TGI Fridays at Crossroads (nicer atmosphere than at Formosa Gardens TGI.)

JohnnySharp2
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
That's not the experience we had last week. I won't say we had awful service, certainly not so bad that I would complain, but our waiter wasn't brilliant and once he knew we weren't ordering alcohol seemed much less friendly than when he greeted us. But he was positiveley fawning over another English family on another table.

I wouldn't go back, I much preferred the food and service at TGI Fridays at Crossroads (nicer atmosphere than at Formosa Gardens TGI.)

To be honest we have only eaten in there once, mainly due to Joshua's dislikes of restaurants or unfamiliarity with them. Most of my trips there have been for a take-out being that we stay in a villa closeby.
So the majority of times I have been I was based purely at the bar and on this years holiday got to know some of the staff there very well.

Our dining experience there was fab, I actually emailed the restaurant prior to our holiday as I asked if we could take Josh's portable DVD player inside with us - in an effort to keep him happy & dine out - something we rarely get chance to do. They were extremely accomodating, and the manager was a real star - they really looked after us and it made what would be for many just a routine evening out, very special...so I guess my views are dictated by that really.
Sorry your visit wasn't as memorable.
*We did the same at Hard Rock Cafe at Universal and the manager again was just excellent*

I am sure there are better steakhouses out there, but Outback just suits our needs.

pixiepower04
08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Bahama Breeze :lovestruc

The almond crusted salmon with a lemon butter sauce and rice was to die for and I can't wait to go back there next year.

swandiverpatt
08-17-2009, 01:16 PM

There is now a Sweet Tomatoes right across 535 from Disney "hotel row" at The Crossroads. Much closer than going to I Drive!

Pinky166
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I am glad I posted this now as there seem to be lots of different restaurants coming up not just the same few. :thumbsup2

Keep them coming. :)

wickesy
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
There is now a Sweet Tomatoes right across 535 from Disney "hotel row" at The Crossroads. Much closer than going to I Drive!

I've been slightly put off that one by WayneG's review of it soon after it opened. I'll probably give it a go next time we are out there (2011 :sad2: ) but I think I Drive will remain our favourite of the two.

Ware Bears
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I am glad I posted this now as there seem to be lots of different restaurants coming up not just the same few. :thumbsup2

Keep them coming. :)
I'm glad you posted it too Claire! Even though we stay off-site we tend to eat on-site and this time I want to be a bit more adventurous!

dolphingirl47
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
If I can only choose one, I have to go for Salt Island Fish Market and Chop House on International Drive. We discovered this more or less by accident in 2005 and we have loved this ever since.

Corinna

arielrocks
08-18-2009, 04:04 AM
If you want to go to Texas de Brazil, make sure you sign up for their newsletter. They send you vouchers (not often, so they aren't spamming you) with special offers. And when it's your birthday and anniversary you also get a voucher for 1 free diner (based on 1 paying), so fill out your anniversary according to your time in Orlando ;)

We always do this to - just re register with a different email address before we go:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Tony Toon
08-18-2009, 05:02 AM
I've been slightly put off that one by WayneG's review of it soon after it opened. I'll probably give it a go next time we are out there (2011 :sad2: ) but I think I Drive will remain our favourite of the two.

I suspect it wasn't Wayneg's intention to put anyone off going to the new Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. We went 2/3 times on our recent trip and I never thought about Wayne's comments during our first visit, it looked pretty much the same as the IDrive restaurant to me. It was on our second visit when I looked up at the ceiling with its industrial type A/c tubes (I presume) that I thought about his sports hall analogy. Otherwise it is very similar, perhaps a little larger but fresh and new with very friendly staff and much closer to our Formosa Gardens area villa.

Our best discoveries this year were Texas de Brazil (thanks to the recommendations on disboards) where the food was great after a 40 minute delay despite an 8pm reservation when their computers were down causing absolute chaos at reception. But probably our favourite was the new Olive Garden west of Formosa Gardens on the 192. A really good all round dining experience. Someone mentioned the bread sticks. They really are very good and we made the mistake on our first visit of ordering flat bread (also superb)as well as a starter not realising that there would also be bread sticks.
Fortunately I just left enough room for a brillant steak. :rolleyes1

stitcher3000
08-18-2009, 05:05 AM
We love IHOP for breakfast, can't get enough of those pancakes! Cafe tu tu tango is good too, not your usual sit down and order the traditional courses, you choose a few different dishes and they are bought out to you randomly, can recommend the potstickers. Definately Golden Corral for value and range, Red Lobster good for seafood.

jayduk
08-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Not really a restuarant but you got to love Krispy Kreme!!!

dbriggsq
08-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Agree about Sweet Tomatoes - love it there and great value.

Last time we were in Sarasota we went to Carrabbas for the first time and really liked it - food really tasty and good service. Can't vouch for the ones in Orlando though

bazzanoid
08-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Rather tragic but I've been hooked on Denny's (http://www.dennys.com/en/) since the mid-90's...

their hand-dipped milkshakes are to die for, and no matter where you might be going while on holiday out there, you're never far from one!

I'll have a Grand Slam (http://www.dennys.com/en/cms/Menu+%26+Specials/1.html) Breakfast to go please!

Thinking about it, I could really destroy one right now....

Delboy
08-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Golden Corral for Breakfast, Lone Star for Tea

Neoshoegal
08-18-2009, 06:34 AM

Mmmmhhhh Krispy Kreme :cloud9:

bazzanoid
08-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Mmmmhhhh Krispy Kreme :cloud9:

My local tesco's sells Krispy Kreme... right inside the door which is sooo not fair!

Neoshoegal
08-18-2009, 06:56 AM
My local tesco's sells Krispy Kreme... right inside the door which is sooo not fair!

But in Orlando they are less than half the price :thumbsup2

bazzanoid
08-18-2009, 07:06 AM
details details lol

Neoshoegal
08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
details details lol

I think it's about $7 for a dozen :cheer2:

Pinky166
08-18-2009, 07:10 AM

ohhh I love Krispy kreme's! We have them in our local Tesco too but they are never as fresh as when you get them freshly made in the store. :teeth:

scojos
08-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Rather tragic but I've been hooked on Denny's (http://www.dennys.com/en/) since the mid-90's...

their hand-dipped milkshakes are to die for, and no matter where you might be going while on holiday out there, you're never far from one!

I'll have a Grand Slam (http://www.dennys.com/en/cms/Menu+%26+Specials/1.html) Breakfast to go please!

Thinking about it, I could really destroy one right now....

what does hand dipped mean??

we also like dennys, kids think its great!

bazzanoid
08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
what does hand dipped mean??

we also like dennys, kids think its great!

Rather than just being piped out like a mcdonald's shake machine, they actually take the milk and ice cream and hand mix it (using a stirrer, obviously not their actual hands)... sooo tasty! And you get the leftovers, so superb value for money

foolish.mortal
08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
i love the IHOP, tradition to have it on the first night of the holiday :)

scojos
08-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Rather than just being piped out like a mcdonald's shake machine, they actually take the milk and ice cream and hand mix it (using a stirrer, obviously not their actual hands)... sooo tasty! And you get the leftovers, so superb value for money

thanks sorry for being blond!:rotfl2:

jayduk
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM
ohhh I love Krispy kreme's! We have them in our local Tesco too but they are never as fresh as when you get them freshly made in the store. :teeth:

Agreed!! The warm glazed ones that come straight off the conveyor belt are amazing!!! :worship:

And as Neoshoegal pointed out they cost near to nothing out there...AMAZING!! Will definately be out first stop upon arrival (and probably on route home most days)...is there on on I-Drive near Wet n Wild etc?

wickesy
08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I suspect it wasn't Wayneg's intention to put anyone off going to the new Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. We went 2/3 times on our recent trip and I never thought about Wayne's comments during our first visit, it looked pretty much the same as the IDrive restaurant to me.

Oh no, I'm sure it wasn't and I apologise to Wayne if that's the impression I've given. In fact, looking back at his post, to call it a review was perhaps a bit unfair, it was more comments and the one that has stuck in my mind is the fact that the new location has 'no windows', which I might have taken too literally. As I've said though we will go down and check it out for ourselves and, who knows, it might surprise us.

scottishgirl87
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
PF Changs! Best. Chinese. Ever. :love: Although I visited the one in Vegas, not Orlando, but I have already looked up all the locations in the Orlando area, lol.

Also the usual stuff like iHOP and Cheesecake Factory.

jockey
08-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Another vote for Outback. I can't wit to try Bahama Breeze and sweet tomatoes :)

Lizzybear
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Just shows how people's views vary... We ate at PF Changs in Anaheim and thought it was awful (food and service!) I'm wary of American Chinese food though we're trying a veggie dim sum place in New York so hopefully I can be won round :goodvibes

1andrea
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I was wondering if you had to choose just one then what would your favourite offsite restaurant be?

:thumbsup2

That is an easy choice for me .....................................

Cheesecake Factory wins for me hands down!

Yummy Warm Wheat Bread
Louisiana Chicken Pasta Side Order of Fries with Mayo and
Adams Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Cheescake with cream usually to take away (as I am so full!)

Kath2003
08-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Another vote for Outback. I can't wit to try Bahama Breeze and sweet tomatoes :)

I love Outback. We tried Bahama Breeze for the first time last April having heard everyone rave about it and it was the WORST meal we had (we tend to eat at places such as Olive Garden, TGIs, The Cheesecake Factory, Outback etc.). We won't be going back.

My personal favourite is The Cheesecake Factory :)

Snowy-girls
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh Claire that's a toughie-there are soooooooo many.
Breakfast-Golden Coral
Dinner-Bahama Breeze.

aaronandterri
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
we love outback been to a few diffrent ones all been good, also been to a good ponderosa not sure which one the one with all the football memorabelia in it, the manager was lovely.
and my dad loves the waffle house for breakfast...grits ..yuck...lol
And cheesecake factory yummy.

oh god im hungry now.

The Fetherstons
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Im looking forward to trying some off site places this year, as we have mainly eaten in the parks

Ilove the cheesecake factory:lovestruc

I am definitly going to try Sweet Tomatoes

Janine1983
08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
This is an excellent thread! :thumbsup2

Giving me some excellent ideas for where to go when we go in 9 weeks!! :banana:

I only ever remember going to Ponderosa when I was a kid. So will be good to look these places up!! :yay:

So tell me, is there a link somewhere I can sign up to get some discount??:confused3

Thank! xx

Ware Bears
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I really like the look of Texas de Brazil ~ out of interest, what is the cost of the buffet?

dolphingirl47
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I really like the look of Texas de Brazil ~ out of interest, what is the cost of the buffet?

If I remember correctly, it was about $45 per person excluding drinks and dessert. It is not a buffet as such. They do have a fantastic salad bar that also contains a couple of hot dishes, but they bring the meat to your table on massive skewers and carve of as little or as much as you would like. The food is really nice.

Corinna

scojos
08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
i have just had a look at the texas de brazil website, looks great, but is it child friendly, seems very sophisticated!
p.s when i asked my kids their fav restaurant 1 said boma:thumbsup2, 1 said WCC:thumbsup2 and 1 said chucky cheeses:scared1:. he is really not my child:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
tracy

dolphingirl47
08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Whenever we have been there, we have never seen any kids, but that does not mean that they are not welcome. It is a bit pricey and that probably has something to do with it. They also don't have the typical kid's foods like chicken nuggets, Macaroni cheese, pizza etc. If your kids would enjoy grilled meats with salads, vegetables and breads, then I would say go for it.

Corinna

babystar
08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
We like Thai Tani for a bit of a spicy curry fix. They have just opened a new restraunt in Celebration so looking forward to testing this one out in September!

kevin harrison
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Golden Coral for breakfast. Food is of a good quality and lots of choice.

Outback for dinner, first visit last year and still remember the steak now.

loobylou44
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Last time we went in Feb 2006 my favourite was Perkins Family restaurant (at the top of Poinciana boulevard), we had breakfast there service was great and pancakes were delicious - looking forward to going back.

scojos
08-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Whenever we have been there, we have never seen any kids, but that does not mean that they are not welcome. It is a bit pricey and that probably has something to do with it. They also don't have the typical kid's foods like chicken nuggets, Macaroni cheese, pizza etc. If your kids would enjoy grilled meats with salads, vegetables and breads, then I would say go for it.

Corinna
my kids would not eat mac cheese or nuggets bleugh!!
they have very sophisticated tastes in food, pizza (good pizza) at a push! my asd child is 10 next year and considered an adult on DDp, so i suggested a trip to WPE for bfast pizza - the look on his face, i dont think so:confused3

my kids would love this type of thing, and the salad bar would float their boat (their fav restaurant at home is the harvester cause they love the salad bar!!

might give it a go, we are staying (hopefully) 4 days at hrh after SSR!
thanks for the info
tracy

bazzanoid
08-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Last time we went in Feb 2006 my favourite was Perkins Family restaurant (at the top of Poinciana boulevard), we had breakfast there service was great and pancakes were delicious - looking forward to going back.

I agree with this - Perkins are nice, particularly that one.

Word of warning - the service and quality of food does vary with Perkins restaurants around Orlando, but this one is consistently good. It's very much a 'traditional' family restaurant that wouldn't look out of place in an old american country town. Very welcoming and a nice warm atmosphere.

:goodvibes:

dolphingirl47
08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
my kids would not eat mac cheese or nuggets bleugh!!
they have very sophisticated tastes in food, pizza (good pizza) at a push! my asd child is 10 next year and considered an adult on DDp, so i suggested a trip to WPE for bfast pizza - the look on his face, i dont think so:confused3

my kids would love this type of thing, and the salad bar would float their boat (their fav restaurant at home is the harvester cause they love the salad bar!!

might give it a go, we are staying (hopefully) 4 days at hrh after SSR!
thanks for the info
tracy

Sounds like this will be perfect for your family. Enjoy!

Corinna

Ware Bears
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
If I remember correctly, it was about $45 per person excluding drinks and dessert. It is not a buffet as such. They do have a fantastic salad bar that also contains a couple of hot dishes, but they bring the meat to your table on massive skewers and carve of as little or as much as you would like. The food is really nice.

Corinna

Thank you, I have added it to my list. Unfortunately, yet again, I have more restaurant names than I have days! :rotfl:

Feebarn
08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Can't believe no ones mentioned Carrabas. Love it! Thres one down on Kirman Rd opposite the Florida mall. My husband is trying to tell me there is one in the mall now... but I'm not convinced

wickesy
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
My husband is trying to tell me there is one in the mall now... but I'm not convinced

He's right. Link (http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?sid=4a900eff15d03&ADDRESS=&POSTALCODE=32801&COUNTRY=US&STATE=FL&CITY=Orlando&PRODUCT=&PRODUCTFCT=&LAT=&LON=&UNITS=MILES&RADIUS=55|350&USECENTERPOINT=&W2GI_LASTEXTENT=-82.6545860727|27.7406385507|-80.1001939273|29.3348414493&SORTBY_Dealers=DISTANCE&START_Dealers=0&COUNT_Dealers=10&REVERSE_Dealers=FALSE&W2GI_QUICK_ZOOM=&W2GI_QFIELD=DEALERID&W2GI_QVALUE=6001&DISTANCE=6.07&W2GI_DNAME=&W2GI_DADDR=&W2GI_DCITY=&W2GI_DSTATE=&W2GI_DPOSTALCODE=&W2GI_DID=&W2GI_DINDEX=&NAV_INPUT_TYPE=POINT&NAV_CMD=&NAV_ALLOW_RECTANGLE=0&SCALE_ZOOM=&client=carrabba&template=moreinfo) :goodvibes

Pinky166
08-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh wow....there are so many to choose from, shame I'm on the ddp. :lmao:

We will be having one or two offsite meals so now I need to try & choose. :confused3 I was thinking of trying the cheesecake factory but that hasn't appeared much on here.

Gareth& Hayley
08-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm quit surprised that no-one has mentioned my fave yet, the Cracker Barrel. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Will deffo be going to the Cheesecake Factory when we go a week tomorrow!

dbriggsq
08-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Can't believe no ones mentioned Carrabas. Love it! Thres one down on Kirman Rd opposite the Florida mall. My husband is trying to tell me there is one in the mall now... but I'm not convinced

I mentioned Carrabbas - page 3 I think - we went to the one in Sarasota recently for the first time and loved it - great service and very tasty food (fantastic bread). Can't vouch for the ones in Orlando but hope to try them

Cyrano
08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Can't claim to have eatern in as many places as others but we can add a few familiar names.

Olive Garden will not be on our recommended list. At least the one on the 192. Sat for over 20 minutes with no hint of the offer of a drink nor a server coming anywhere near our table. We walked out in disgust.

Logan's Roadhouse not only is a great price (Monday and Tuesday is special night) but steaks and ribs were the best we had all holiday.

Bahama Breeze had a great server and the best seafood paella I have had since Barcelona.

Logan's and Bahama would be on our list for a return trip :goodvibes

dolphingirl47
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
There is another restaurant that we really love in Orlando. It is called Bergamo's and is at the Festival Bay shopping centre. They serve great Italian food and the waiters sing. We had some great meals there. We much prefer this to the convential dinner shows.

Corinna

jen_uk
08-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Golden Corrall - fantastic value for money :cool1:

TGI Fridays - had lunch there twice, once at the one on the 192 and once at the one near Universal, both meals really good and staff were absolutely lovely :goodvibes

Lizzybear
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Olive Garden will not be on our recommended list. At least the one on the 192. Sat for over 20 minutes with no hint of the offer of a drink nor a server coming anywhere near our table. We walked out in disgust
I've heard of a few others have bad experiences at this OG, as have I! Not sure if the I-drive one is supposed to be better though, can't bring ourselves to give it another try though as there are way better places for Italian food IMO.

We will be having one or two offsite meals so now I need to try & choose. :confused3 I was thinking of trying the cheesecake factory but that hasn't appeared much on here.
I can safely say that you won't regret eating at CF, it's awesome :love: Check out the menu:
http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/welcome/Welcome

Pegasus928
08-23-2009, 02:58 AM
i have just had a look at the texas de brazil website, looks great, but is it child friendly, seems very sophisticated!
p.s when i asked my kids their fav restaurant 1 said boma:thumbsup2, 1 said WCC:thumbsup2 and 1 said chucky cheeses:scared1:. he is really not my child:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
tracy

We are planning on dining here for our wedding anniversary - after reading many good reviews on here. We will be taking DS (14) and DD(11) with us, as well as our nephew (5). From what I remember the website said that children my nephews age eat for free, plus we have signed up for their news letter in the hope that we receive some savings vouchers (again a recommendation from Dis'ers) but if we don't, looking at the pics, I won't begrudge paying full price (Sorry Wayneg - you will be disgsted with me now :lmao:)

UKDEB
08-23-2009, 03:07 AM
At the last count, I could name over 150 Orlando restaurants we've eaten at, so trying to pick just one favourite is a little tricky to say the least! As someone else mentioned, it's a bit of a moveable feast (see what I did there ;)), but our current favourite is possibly Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe at Pointe Orlando. We love the brand and totally buy into the whole island living concept, so that's probably got a lot to do with it. I could recommend loads more which don't appear on this list thus far, and there are plenty of popular places which I don't rate at all - Outback Steakhouse and Bahama Breeze would headline that particular list.