PDA

View Full Version : scrapbook for BFF

flying_babyb
08-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Ok my best freind has 4 kids and like no time to scapbook So I want to scrap all the photos I took of her kids from this year. theres ALOT of photos from numerous events (and wild evenings in my back yard). So I havent made a book in along time. I was trying to come up with a idea to Unify the whole scrapbook but I have no idea where to start. I did my other BFF's in a song theme. Theres four kids ( Boy 10, girl 9, girl 4, girl 2) plus our freinds (samantha 26, Me 24-25) and my Bff and her husband. Plus theres lots of photos with my sisters and my family. So many people, How do you make it work? Im feeling overwelmed. Is there a easy way to start? Is there a easy way to make it look great? How do you orgizine your scrapbooks? Do you do it by event? If so what do you do when not all your photos are from events? I have lots and lots of random shots. Ive got around 300 (ducks head) photos too. Eeeek! Depending on how this goes I may do mini scrapbooks for the rest of my family. Also does anyone have cute ideas for saving memories from the year? I want a fill in the blank type thing that I can type up (or print) to fill in. I can do this without her knowing too since I teach all 4 of her children throught the day.

I just need HELP!!! I havnet made a book in forever and I love this board (and you'll are so nice)

joyah
08-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I scrap in cronological order. So if it was me I'd start with the 1st event of the year and move through out the year. If there are lots of just each child alone you could do a section all about them from oldest to youngest, then at the end (beginning would work too) you could put in the group photos.
See I'm no help my brain is totally built toward monthly things.
I have an awful time skipping around throught the years. I did well for a while with working on current and then at scraps working on past years. Now I'm getting NOTHING done. I haven't scrapped 08 or 09 yet!! this week I'm working on 06 and hoping to finish it in the next 2 crops that's over 110 pages though.
See like I said I'm not much help.

flying_babyb
08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
see thats where Im set, I have no photos of just 1 kid.

rlovew
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't scrap in any order- just what I feel like

Could you try and group them into themes using lines from a poem- words from the alphabet

A- adorable
B- being together

and so on?

Rebecca

flying_babyb
08-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I thought about that.
Hey when your doing a layout where each person has there own section, how do you handle pictures with two people? I decided to bite the bullet and do a nice scrapbook for christmas for my family.

joyah
08-17-2009, 07:17 AM
I have pics of each of the boys then I have some of them togther, they each have their own album so I scrap it twice sometimes 3 times when I do our album.
If it where me with that type of album I'd just group like photos together. or like Rebeccasaid the alphabet .

rlovew
08-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I would choose the more dominate one in the photo or try to divide them up evenly into the sections.

Rebecca

bigbabyblues
08-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I thought about that.
Hey when your doing a layout where each person has there own section, how do you handle pictures with two people? I decided to bite the bullet and do a nice scrapbook for christmas for my family.

I would put it on whichever LO it fits better! if you don't have room on one page, save it for the other one, etc.

I tend to scrap in chronological order too. If I have pics that are just everyday snapshots, not of an event, just kids playing or whatever, I just put those on a LO together and put them in where I have room for them.

Steph