PDA

View Full Version : Nurse, firefighter, AARP discounts?

olive
08-16-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm trying to help find any information about discounts for our family trip in January. The switch to holiday/peak rates for early January has really increased our costs and any little bit will help. I have read snippets here and there about discounts for nurses, firefighters and possibly an AARP discount. Can anyone provide more detail? For AARP, I would assume you have to call AARP or book through them, but what about nurses and firefighters? What kind of discounts - if any - are available for these groups?

Thanks!

RMulieri
08-16-2009, 08:04 AM
None at disney owned resorts.There is a nurses discount available at the Swan and Dolphin resort , but they are not disney owned( just on disney property) so you can not use Magical express, or get the disney dining plan

Luv2Roam
08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Swan/Dolphin gives nurses and government employees discounts. You may want to look at their website.

DANAW
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
For those types of discounts, I would check Swan and Dolphin. Hopefully Disney will come out with some discounts for January. We were surprised that Disney's holiday rates were going to continue through Jan 3rd, and to top it off they were going to charge higher rates for the Marathon!! Jeeze!I would think they would try to get people to come when the marathon is going on, as that would be a deterrent for all the people visiting who want nothing to do with the marathon! Our family decided for the first time in about 15 trips to stay off site for the first few days of our trip and do Sea World and Universal, and then check into Disney a few days later, when their holiday season rates are down. Sorry Disney, but charging $405 a night for Jan 1 and 2, at WL is crazy! Maybe we will like our hotel off site so much, we will stay there for the entire 10 day trip!

olive
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
We're stuck now with $575 per night (for the room only, not including tickets or even tax) for those first couple of nights in January. We're thinking of doing a split stay and staying at a moderate (about $219 per night instead) until Jan 3rd. I also don't understand what they are doing with these rates. We're going to the South Pacific next summer and staying in an incredible over water bungalow and even that wasn't $575 per night! Thanks for the responses so far. Maybe joining AAA will be worthwhile for the discount...

Echo queen
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
We're stuck now with $575 per night (for the room only, not including tickets or even tax) for those first couple of nights in January. We're thinking of doing a split stay and staying at a moderate (about $219 per night instead) until Jan 3rd. I also don't understand what they are doing with these rates. We're going to the South Pacific next summer and staying in an incredible over water bungalow and even that wasn't $575 per night! Thanks for the responses so far. Maybe joining AAA will be worthwhile for the discount...

I would make sure AAA has a discount before joining:surfweb:I am a member and no discounts:scared1: for my trip. 12/27 to 1/2.