PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Snack Ideas for work

Starbrite
08-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm looking for some healthy snack ideas to keep in my office. There are long periods of time when I can't get to a fridge or kitchen, so something I can keep in my desk would be great!

I'm not on any specific low-cal, low-carb, low-fat or fab diet....just trying to ditch the bag of M&M's and crackers for something better.

Got any ideas?

ClarabelleCowFan
08-16-2009, 12:39 AM
DH keeps SoyJoy bars and Trail Mix in his desk at work.

How about sunflower seeds or some of those 100 calorie packs of goodies?

Luv Bunnies
08-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I would go with dried fruit, nuts, baked chips. If you can't get up to get to the fridge, you can bring an insulated lunch box with a small blue ice block inside. Then, you can keep cut-up veggies and fruit, drinks, etc. and keep them cold on your desk. I used to do that in my classroom until we finally got our own fridge.

dzneelvr
08-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I keep: Pitted Dates, trail mix I make of almonds, raisens, and M and Ms, and I bring a bananna or ziploc of grapes from home everyday to enjoy. I find that a palm size portion along with water takes away any cravings I get mid morning or end of day and it's so much healthier than salty or sweet.

StephMK
08-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I brought in grapes, granola bars, bananas, 100 cal packs of cookies, string cheese, Wheat Thins or Teddy Grahams. You could do frozen yogurt & it'd be slushy by the time you eat it, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, carrots, cucumbers, etc.

Starbrite
08-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the ideas.

I picked up a some trail mix, granola bars & fruit. As soon as I get to work tomorrow I'm gonna clear out the junk foor drawer :thumbsup2

jeffsamber
08-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Anybody have any ideas for meals to take in the car? I do home health so I'm in my car driving all day. My tendency is to go through a drive through somewhere but my wallet is getting thinner and my body is not. :)