PDA

View Full Version : How are PIN recipients determined?

Slark
08-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm sure its somewhere in here, but what are the drivers of who gets PIN offers and with what frequency? Is it more of a frequent guest situation? We're DVC, so there really isn't much in it for us, but I am interested for friends, etc.

Cinderumbrella
08-13-2009, 06:41 PM
And that is the million dollar question, my friend! :rotfl2:

No one knows for sure, but sometimes creating a profile on WDW.com or requesting a planning DVD, stating that you have been before, but not for a few years seems to trigger stuff...

Slark
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Interesting... sort of like playing hard to get - keep 'em guessing!

Good to know!

twoplustwins
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Interesting... sort of like playing hard to get - keep 'em guessing!

Good to know!

I registered on wdw and also disney vacation club. I ordered the dvds. About two weeks later, I received a PIN.
GOOD LUCK!!

CanadianPaco
08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I also answer their surveys... we were stopped in DL to register our email. At first DH didn't want to but I did because I figured it could help with PINS... and, it didn't!:surfweb:

QTnursestudent
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
And ... just how did you receive these pins?

(said as a detective would when looking for clues)

Cindironi
08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I am not sure of the correct answer to this question; however, I just paid off my September trip last week and received my first pin code ever (after about 15 years and staying on site) yesterday.

sjms71
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Einie meanie minie mo..........?

melvin1970
08-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I've been wondering myself how to get the PIN. I've ordered DVD's and been registred on WDW. Hope someday one comes my way.

Lizzzys
08-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I was messing around on the Disneyland website the other day, checking dates and rates and the very next day I received a PIN for the Disneyland hotels. :woohoo: It was for specific reduced rates (not a % off or free dining or anything). I was already a member on the site, but logging in and checking rates obviously triggered something.

I am hoping to go to Disney World in April though... so holding out hope for a PIN from them sometime soon. I signed up to the DVD, checked dates and rates, and have crossed my fingers and toes!!

I'm kicking myself though, because I'm pretty sure I received a PIN several months ago from Disney World and deleted it as spam because I had no idea what a PIN was at the time. Thanks Dis Boards!!! :) Boy I wish I could get that email back and see what it was all about!!:rolleyes1

Liz

Cinderumbrella
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
And ... just how did you receive these pins?

(said as a detective would when looking for clues)

I mostly get mine via email, from Disney Destinations. But I have also gotten a few by snail mail, in my maiden name, mailed to my parent's address :confused3 (an address I have NEVER lived at and I have been married for 12 years this Sunday!)

SummerIrmoma2_3
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I have been kind of wondering the same thing. For some reason I have gotten a semi steady stream of PINs for Disneyland when I want Disney World. :confused3 I use to live in So Cal and had annual passes but I doubt that has anything to do with it unless they stalked me and got my new Texas address as a couple of them came snail mail. :rotfl2:

SummerIrmoma2_3
08-15-2009, 11:06 AM
;)

miprender
08-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I wish I knew...:confused3 because my mom & brother who just went with us and go only every 3-6 years have already received two each but they are to my email account since that was how I had booked their last trip.

Me... I have not received one yet.

diamondpixienc
08-17-2009, 02:09 PM
So, I should set up a profile or register w/ WDW.com or something?:confused3 and hope to get a pin code?;) I already have a profile at disney parks.com is the WDW mailing list or whatever different or something :confused3 just want to know. Thanks