I'm late...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

Flylady links:
Declutter plan http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_feb.asp
Flightplan http://flylady.com/pages/FlightPlan.asp
Beginner Baby Steps: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingL..._Babysteps.asp
Yahoo Group (reminders sent all day): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyLad...?yguid=9999373

This month's Habit is: One load of laundry each day :laundy:

~The Daily Grind~ 8/12/09

It's Hump Day!! :dance3: And it's my DAY OFF!! So, I have so many plans... and not enough hours as usual...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Feed the pups
Feed me
Clean the kitchen
Swish and Swipe all 4 potties
:laundy:...2 loads on now...3 or 4 more to go...

Sewing...didn't get this done yesterday again... it's hemming DH's pants, he is a size or 2 slimmer (good for him!!) and needed new uniform pants :)

Hope to get some work done in my Crap Room, and get some projects finished... I'm still under a load of paper from CKC, and a load of pics that I had developed the other day, 143 from Walgreens some for my 365 book, some for my albums...

Dinner...Crabmeat wraps on Geroge's Grill for apps... friend at work gave me the recipe :teeth:
Burgers on the outside grill, zucchini, grilled baked potatoes, pudding with crushed graham crackers in pretty dessert cups...feel like making a special dessert... I love days off!!!

Have a Great Day! :teeth:

morgansmom2000
08-12-2009, 05:56 AM
For a very important date!

I gotta work today. Don't want to, but I do. FIL is coming to take care of Morgan today, which means Burger King and a trip to Target is on deck. He spoils her rotten.

Still have to boil our water. It's such a pain to wash the dishes! Grrr.

Hope everyone has a great day!

joyah
08-12-2009, 06:08 AM
clean out books at library after sale yuck yuck and double yuck.

bigbabyblues
08-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I have to work today.

Other than that, hoping to:
start laundry (DH will work on today)
I''d like to scrap at least a little bit....
I need to get DH's birthday gift, but he's off today, so we'll see.
Make it to church this evening

That's the extent of my goals for the day. Pathetic, isn't it?? Work has been so bad lately, I can't plan for more than that. Anything else is extra!!

I did get to a ladies' get together last night with a group of ladies from church, and it was great! I found out DS6 will have 13 children in his kindergarten class, which is a great thing.....last year they had only 6 in the kindergarten class (small private school belonging to our church).

Everyone have a great day!

Steph

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Mornin'!
Sorry you were running late Debbie!
Jennifer: hope the day goes well!!
Christy: good luck w/ cleaning shelves...

Today:
up
lunches made
DS8 up/dressed/breakfast/teeth
DH out the door
DS8 & friends out the door
DD15 & DS13 up-morning routine is on them
2 loads of towels
older kids on bus
empty dishwasher
rest of laundry to basement for tomorrow
make beds x 4
sweep kitchen/DR
finish 1/2 of notebook page list of things that need cut for 365/ scrapbook/ kid related on cricut
scrapbook 8 pages today
upload more photos to winkflash
write cks for sports photos this week
pick up kdg. child @ 10:30AM
balance ckbks.
pay bills
send ck to Grandparents in FL for lawn care
lunch
make dinner early to reheat
homework duty
DS8 football practice
dinner
bedtime routine
collapse

DisneyIsTerrific
08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
DS is still at the leadership conference and won't be home until around 3 p.m. and DH is at work so I'm going to take advantage of the no-interruption time and work on some swaps.

DS and DH are going to a mock eagle board for one of the scouts in our troop (and one of DS's best friends) tonight so I'll get more time to play with paper again!!!

That's all that I have planned for today.

flying_babyb
08-12-2009, 06:53 AM
up
breakfast
work (feild trip day)
NAP NAP NAP (PLEASE????)
Shower
Dog the bounty hunter night
Write joe (its been 2 weeks)
Make crazy just 'cause card for BFF
SWISH and swipe potty
dinner
bed

I cant get my colors to work

rlovew
08-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Good Morning!!!

Today:
sort stickers and such (last part of organizing my scrap room again
kit stuff for SDV
make list of swaps that need to be finished before SDV/what I need to do for them
pull paper for resort swap
prayer group
PO- color/everyday swaps
church

Rebecca

ZeroToHero
08-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Morning everyone. :)

To Do:
-UpAt 8 again, jeez.
-DIS
-Eat breakfast, if I can find anything in the house that hasn't been in the fridge
-Clean up downstairs so that house looks respectable when fridge guys come (this was not my idea)
-Swap stuff
-Read a book
-Dinner
-Bed EARLY (I took a nap earlier today, whoops. Hopefully I'll still be able to sleep)

aroyer
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Mornin! Deb, what time is dinner, it sounds YUMM-O!!!

coffee
coffee
dressed
strip bed
wash sheets
take DD to Club H2O
home
unpack
unpack
hang stuff
pick up DD
home
DS down for nap
unpack
unpack
unpack
clean
straighten
hang things
dinner
collapse

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I feel bad that the last few days have been sammies for dinner... It's just been so hot, and I didn't feel like cooking anything...

I DVRd Cake Boss the other day, and just got a chance to watch it... OMG it was the Bridzilla one... WHAT A WITCH!!! WOW!!! This is a funny show, wish I had seen the whole season...

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 08:41 AM
It was hot last week and we were eating sandwiches to beat the heat..

party of 3
08-12-2009, 08:48 AM
morning....

well once again my life has thrown me a curve ball. so i've been talking about the whole pinched nerve thing and have been going to the chiro lately. well yesterday i could barely drive there. every bump was like i was dying in pain. and they have my road dug up. OMG! it was awful. and i worked all day like that. so i get there and he takes one look at me and said, "holly, i cant work on you today. you have got to go see your primary care dr." and i totally agreed. i don't even know why i drove all the way over there. 'cause i was desperate for some relief. so the regular dr was closed by then so i went to urgent care. they took xrays and said that there was nothing on them and to ice it and maybe it was a pulled muscle. or maybe it was shingles. but there is no rash there?? but maybe the rash will appear.
then the chiro called this am and said "holly, the vision of you leaving my office yesterday haunted me all night! i think i've figured out what it is! it's shingles!" yup i told him. that's what urgent care said. he said it attacks one nerve in your body, either on the trunk of your body, your face, your arm someone. but just on one side. and you have this god awful pain for say 5 to 7 days. then the rash breaks out. and you have that for a couple of weeks. so you basically have to ride it out. they did give me vics at the u.c., but they make me vomit and sicky feeling. so i can't take them. dh said i should call the primary and talk to him. give him the low down of what's what and see if he can call me in something other than vic's.
i so miss my mother right now. she would have found a way to make me feel better. just her voice. something. anything.
i asked dh why me? and he said that my body is so run down from all that i've been through lately and all the stress probably brought it on. i had chicken poxs when i was 25. and i know that it lays dormant in your body for decades & sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. i just feel like i'm being tested. i don't know how much more i can take. ya know? :sad:
ok i've got to go find a way to go take care of my bubba. he's so good. but i feel like he got a raw deal in getting me as his mother. :rolleyes: i'm a total mess. :sad: that's me. all the time lately. he deserves better. am i ever going to be ok? physically and mentally. :headache:

thanks for letting me vent everyone.
and NAN-thanks once again to you!:flower3: How did you know something was wrong last night? you texted right as i was at u.c.! you're the best!

ZeroToHero
08-12-2009, 08:54 AM
po3 - Hugs to you, I hope there's something that you can get to ease the pain and discomfort a bit... (scrapbooking shopping trip? :laughing:)
It's good that you figured out what's going on though, even if it took a while.

morgansmom2000
08-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh Holl, I'm so sorry to hear that! My mom had shingles right after Christmas last year and they lingered (but she doesn't take good care of herself!).

Is there anything I can do for you? I've got tomorrow off, I can come by with chicken soup and some egg salad (no dill though...).

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Oh Holly!! :hug:

DH had the shingles, and he was feeling like he had the flu...and the rash was soooo strange too, you could see where the nerve line was... and it was painful. It's not contagious, he had to ask because of working at the hosp. It's not like having a case of the Chicken Pox...it's just effecting you. At least that is what they told him.

They gave him Valtrex. My DSs both take it for herpes flair ups too. DS21 has to take a low dose, as the higher doses make him sick, but the lower doses he doesn't have any trouble with.

It is an opportunistic nasty virus, and it will have a resurgence when you are stressed...and that is an understatement for what you have been going through. Your body is telling you to take care of yourself. Time to stop beating yourself up Holly! You are doing everything right! Bubba has a great mother. There is nothing wrong with him seeing you sad and crying. I just gave my boys a big hug at those times... still do...

:hug:

PinballFamily
08-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Stress can REALLY do a number on your body!

I had shingles years ago - very stressful time at work since the company I headed up was failing, etc. - the pain was bad enough, but the itchy "belt line" rash was simply the last straw. The docs recommended an Aveeno oatmeal soak in the tub as often as you can. (It came in a green and white box at the drug store.) It did help a bit on the worst days - and there might be other remedies now, but thought I'd share - having "been there."

The other treatment I've used for painful itchies - bug bites, rashes, etc. is the drug store brand (or name brand, but I'm cheap!) of maximum strength Vagicil. It works instantly to stop itching anywhere on your body - not just where it is "supposed" to work for feminine itching. (I've even been using it constantly this summer on my DS10's mosquito bites from camp - I just never let him see the tube!:lmao: ) Good luck!

aroyer
08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
:hug: Hugs Holly! I'm so sorry your body is rebelling on you. You ARE a fabulous mom to Bubba. Stop beating yourself up about that- as mom's we tend to have so much guilt and I know you are going through so much more and are feeling so much more. Bubba loves you and I know he thinks he hit the jackpot in the Mom department. We love you and know that we are here for you.

aroyer
08-12-2009, 10:04 AM
The docs recommended an Aveeno oatmeal soak in the tub as often as you can. (It came in a green and white box at the drug store.) It did help a bit on the worst days - and there might be other remedies now, but thought I'd share - having "been there."

We used this on DD when she had the strep throat rash all over her body. It gave her a lot of relief.

aroyer
08-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I feel bad that the last few days have been sammies for dinner...

It was hot last week and we were eating sandwiches to beat the heat..

I hear ya on the hot- it's been triple digits here for what feels like MONTHS. And no rain. Ugh. What kind of sammies do y'all do? I would love something new.

(Apparently I've missed y'all, 3 posts in a row!)

TinkerBean
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Holly:hug:

Bubba's got a *WONDERFUL* mother. Just remember that he wouldn't trade you in for anything in the world. He loves *you*. I hope that you start feeling soon. I will send you lots of positive thoughts and love...

Rhonda

hopemax
08-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Holly,

A parent's job is to prepare their children to meet the challenges of the adult world. Not all lessons are fun or easy. The child refrain of, "It's not fair," doesn't go away when you reach the age of 18 or 21. Just like kids, who get frustrated that they don't have the power to choose what happens to them, adult life is full of times when you don't get to choose either. The one thing, I wish would have been more emphasized when I was growing up was that all those "big" issues that bothered me as a teen...peer pressure, dealing with mean/selfish people, a feeling of not being in control of my life because of external forces...I would continue to have to deal with those things as an adult.

Bubba is learning a lot of very important lessons right now. Things that will serve him well, when he is an adult struggling with the bad things the world has thrust upon him. And eventually, he will also learn that despite these bad things, he will be able to move on and live a happy life, because he will have seen his mother tackle all the big problems that have come her way, and get through them, in part, because of the things that she learned from her Mom.

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I hear ya on the hot- it's been triple digits here for what feels like MONTHS. And no rain. Ugh. What kind of sammies do y'all do? I would love something new.

(Apparently I've missed y'all, 3 posts in a row!)

I've been making some wraps then putting them on my George's Grill and making panini like sammies with it... Last night was beef with cheese and horseradish sauce for me, and DS21 made chicken with cheese and sompthin else...can't remember. Anyway, it's like a quesidella (sp) and a wrap at the same time. My grill makes 2 at a time, grill marks and all...yummmmmmm

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Change in plans...taking one of the pups to the self-serve doggie wash to check it out... A friend of DH's who has a K9 dog takes his there, and he likes it...

morgansmom2000
08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Very well put, Hope.

Holly you need to take care of yourself, work and all else be damned! You do what you need to do to make it through the day, you had a huge life changing event happen just a month ago. Bubba loves you for who you are, tears and all.

aroyer
08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I've been making some wraps then putting them on my George's Grill and making panini like sammies with it... Last night was beef with cheese and horseradish sauce for me, and DS21 made chicken with cheese and sompthin else...can't remember. Anyway, it's like a quesidella (sp) and a wrap at the same time. My grill makes 2 at a time, grill marks and all...yummmmmmm

That sounds YUMMY! Ok, now I'm hungry and need a George's Grill....

And very well said Hope.

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Holly, for some reason you just popped into my head... mainly b/c we hadn't chatted in a week...and I just knew something was up.

You are a good mom..stop beating yourself up!!

Love ya!

Hey Ash, how is the unpacking?
I need to get started on some cuts today.. I'm waiting to scrap til tomorrow as I decided to do laundry today and just get it done til Sunday!

party of 3
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
thanks everyone. :grouphug:

aroyer
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Ash, how is the unpacking?

It's going pretty well! I finished unpacking all of DD's room yesterday. It's just finding space of all the little stuff in there now. We hung a lot of things last night that is helping it feel more like home. So all in all, it's going well. :thumbsup2 By the way Nan, you are keeping me motivated- I keep thinking about all you get accomplished! So I keep saying to myself, "What would Nan do??" :rotfl:

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll keep you motivated.. we'll have the house done by next week..giving you the weekend off of course! LOL

I'm not doing too much today... I need to get more done..but I'm going to wait til the kids get home.. I'm actually going to bring the bug upstairs and cut tags (for my family albums/spine titles) while they are doing homework.. I'm using all my scrap pieces to make them... I'm using the Christmas Cheer circle and square tags for this... I can't wait to get them done...and get my albums done by year..than as I want I'll scrap them w/ 4x6 sleeves and add embellished mats... I just can't get all the older photos scrapped like I"m scrapping currently.. I stressed myself out too much on it..

So, I think I'm gonna go take an hours nap before the little ones get home... than I'll cut my tags/embellish them...bag them up for safety... assist w/ homework... by the time that round is done... DS13 will be home from middle school and I'll start another small project while he does his homework..
make dinner (to reheat later)...
await DD to call from XC practice and she'll do her homework...
DS8 has football again tonight... after this week we go down to 2 a week...

joyah
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Holly
Your body is rebelling and telling you it's time to stop. PLEASE listen to it. I didn't and suffered for well over a year. PLEASE PLEASE listen to you body. Bubba has a wonderful Mommy and don't doubt it. He is learning wonderful lessons for growning up.
Please use FMLA for time off if you need it. You have to relax or they will get much worse. Tom grandfather always used wet wash cloths sometimes hot and sometimes cold to relieve pain.
Take care sweetie.

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I was thinking about suggesting an FMLA also...and shingles just might do it. At least it gives you the option if you are having a terrible day, and just know you can't make it, to call off and it not be held against you... or you can leave early and they can't hold that against you either... Something to think about maybe?

We ended up taking both dogs to the doggie wash. It was really cool, like a car wash...pay $5 and turn the dial... shampoo... rinse... conditioner... rinse... blow dry... They even had oatmeal bath, flea and tick, skunk deodorizer... Both boys went, and we had both dogs done and almost dry in 30min. Not bad for $10. :dogdance::dogdance:

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 04:18 PM
thanks everyone. :grouphug:

We are here for you Holly :grouphug:

I always tell people that my friends live in the box on my desk... This is such a great group!

tinkryansmom
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
hee hee skunk deodorizer....that is one horrible smell on a dog....

:worship:Nan - you are amazing! You list makes me tired.

Holly - please do take care of yourself. So many have already shared wonderful ideas and have worded their responses so much better than I could have. Just know you have friends here and that you are the mother God intended for Bubba. He is your gift and you are his.

Rodney Atkins was awesome fun last night! Slept in today and hit the ground running. Took DD2 to The Little Gym for class - we have not been in two weeks. Then looked at Fall Schedule. Not sure I want to pay the $325 for 20 weeks - decisions decisions.

Then hit Starbucks for our traditional after gym class apple juice and then Target. Wow havent been there in WEEKS - kiss that $200 goodbye. But I did finally remember to get ink for the printer so now that little one is down for a nap and DD 9 is off misting her pig I am headed into the office to print those darned 4H fair forms.

Scrapping....heavy sigh....wish I had room to get something out here - gotta work on that.

joyah
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Deb my oh so wonderful (not) DH decided that he'd hide the laptop the other day cause I have to many friends inside this box. Course I knew where he'd hide it and went and got it then left him a scathing message about my box. I need my friends in this box.

Holly Hang in there! Wish you lived closer I'd take you to my all day crop next weekend.

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Christy,
How dare he take your box.. Now, does he not know if we can't communicate via our boxes...that it results in road trips weekly to our homes... I mean... can he imagine coming home to 20 girls all raving about their goofy families, irritating people, swap elements driving us insane, countdowns for this/that the other... We need the little box....

bigbabyblues
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh no Holly! My coworker had shingles a couple months ago, and I don't know if it was related or not, but she ended up with pneumonia at the same time.

I don't know you, but from your posts, I can tell you are a wondeful momma to Bubba. The best thing you can do for him right now is to take care of you. Hugs!

Steph

joyah
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Nancy
I'd love weekly road trips just to meet you all. I think he learned his lesson He spent the night on the edge of the bed probably afraid I'd kick him out of it if I knew he was there. He even dug out the AC from the basement at 11 pm that night trying to get back on my good side, it was 2 floors down! NEVER EVER touch my box. Today he never has said a word about the time I've spent on it he'd better not I helped split and stack a cord of wood and it was a maple that rotted from the inside out. Still the bottem 50' was 2-3' across!!

Holly hope the dr got you some relief. repeat after me I am an awesome mom, I am an awesome mom.

Lisa
08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Holly, how can you say you are not a good Mom for Bubba, You always put him first and foremost, just as your Mom did for you. Her legacy continues on, you can't fault that. :hug:

I am so sorry you have shingles. DH got them one year while we were on vacation at WDW. It was painful for him, he had a complete rash over the trunk of his body.

Pullleeeease, take care of yourself, and vent all you want with us. We are here for you.

Well, my day consisted of:

Organized materials to bring to SDV.
Getting DD up and ready for camp
Calling Mom to see when she was arriving to pick up DD. Turns out she oversleep.
Caffeinated
Work
Got a call from DD's Camp. Sigh, don't even ask
Scramble for care for DD for the rest of the week.
Talked to my peeps to help me regroup my nerves
Grocery Store
Dinner
LONG talk with DD about her antics at camp and how disappointed we were in her.:mad:

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Talked to my peeps to help me regroup my nerves

that would me! LOL

So was DD remorseful??

I'll trade you, I need to potty train my DD before I leave. She has to go to school this year!!! I need a break!

aroyer
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Hugs Lisa! Sounds like you had a rough day!:hug:

joyah
08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Hugs Lisa. Sounds like you need them. Glad Buffy was there.

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 07:01 PM
:hug: Lisa...

Buffy, good luck with the potty....

Holly, you are in my thoughts...

Joyah... grrrrr... What was your DH thinking?

The apps weren't as good as I hoped, I need to find a better recipe...dessert was a hit though...

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone wanna trade a kid!?!?!?

She just peed on the floor for the 6th time today! Now DD says I don't wanna go to school, fine Missy but you are still learning to use the potty! Mama is tired of diapers!

where is that tearing the hair out smilie???

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Tell little Miss Blink it's time to be a big girl.. it's time to use the big girl potty... Tell her- that by her age her sister, PJ was already using the big girl potty...

I know it's gross but did you make her sit in the wet panties for a little while? Better yet, did you have her help clean up the mess she made? I know it sounds mean, but when they realize how gross it is for them to clean up, they tend to understand how gross it is for us to clean up...

:hug:

Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry.. I sure hope DD is okay and understands the error she made...

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
If you send her over, I'll potty train her.. she won't want to be w/ Auntie Nan for long because I'm relentless on potty training! 2 weeks is all it will take!

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Meet me at the airport!!!! I'll even bring the Princess Potty!

ddavis860
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I had them help clean up... Gross but effective. I could tell stories about DsS27 what would make you :scared1:... It is VERY effective...

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
She doesn't mind the clean up, that's what kills me! I even brought the potty chair downstairs (one bathroom and it's upstairs), she still would rather pee on my floor!

You know what, those who said potty training boys is harder LIED!!!!

Maybe it's DH's turn to train. I did the boys, he can have the girl!

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Yup, I think it's time for DH to pull up his big boy pants and he has to have her trained by the time you return...

PrincessNancy96
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I can be at the airport any time!!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
poor baby fell asleep on the couch, guess I should move her and put a diaper on her.

hopemax
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
So does the tag fairy need to update your tags now? At least she didn't stand on the arm of the sofa to pee. :rotfl:

flying_babyb
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
So why do I bother to make a list? I didnt do any of it anyways. I ended up going swimming insted with DBestF and her kids.

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
So does the tag fairy need to update your tags now? At least she didn't stand on the arm of the sofa to pee. :rotfl:

True! She did not get the couch, today.
I need to do laundry tonight and get stuff washed for tomorrow.

I foresee a tag change in the near future for sure! :rotfl2:

PinballFamily
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM
She doesn't mind the clean up, that's what kills me! I even brought the potty chair downstairs (one bathroom and it's upstairs), she still would rather pee on my floor!

I may be coming in at the end of the story :) - but what worked for us (two girls) was taking them out to the store (Target...or where there was a lovely collection of pretty character panties!!!) and letting them choose lots of whichever ones they wanted. Of course, princesses usually won!

Each kid couldn't wait to get home and put them on and that's what they wore - diapers stopped. There were a (very) few accidents over the next few days - they didn't want to mess up their new panties - and we took our time getting them out of the yukky wet ones and helping them clean up. That's it! (We did use a similar plan with our DS - he, too, chose Disney briefs - took a bit longer than the girls to train, but it did work!) Good luck!

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
We bought the princess panties a few months ago. Today she said she didn't want to pee on Sleeping Beauty so those were the first to go on. She was dry for about 1 1/2 hours until I had to take DS13 to the doctors. Not sure how long she was dry for my mom. Apparently she tried to go, we do the the every 30 minutes thing, but right after she got off the potty she went.

we are making some progress I guess. she goes in her pants and then tells me she needs to go and sits on the potty. LOL

Ahhh, tomorrow is another day. But we do have to go out. Maybe we will get some new panties at the commissary or Target.

Thanks for the luck, I think I'm going to need it with this one!

BernardandMissBianca
08-12-2009, 10:23 PM
So why do I bother to make a list? I didnt do any of it anyways. I ended up going swimming insted with DBestF and her kids.

List schmist, I would choose swimming over chores any day!!

Did you have fun? It was cloudy and rainy here all day so we stayed inside.

PinballFamily
08-12-2009, 10:26 PM
We bought the princess panties a few months ago. Today she said she didn't want to pee on Sleeping Beauty so those were the first to go on. She was dry for about 1 1/2 hours

Hey, that's great! For such a little kid - that's a long time. It would seem she can "hold it" if she can last that long. I would think that you're *almost* there!!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
she can hold it for over 45 minutes first thing in the morning after waking up dry. Girl is as stubborn as a mule when it comes to potty training!

joyah
08-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh Buffy I feel your pain. DS8 was awful stubbon it was a nightmare. We tried aiming at the cheerios and m&m rewards nothing. Finally one day he was using his brothers computer and I said to him if he wanted his own he had to use the potty. that did it he trained himself in 3 days. Course I had an old crummy computer that was fine for kids games sitting in the basement.

Hang in there.

morgansmom2000
08-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Potty training is a nightmare! I can't tell you how many phones I broke by throwing them at the wall! I'm pretty sure that's the main reason we only have one kid, I could handle labor twice, but not freakin' potty training! Good luck, Buffy, I'll just say what people always said to me, "she's not going to go to college in diapers!"

flying_babyb
08-13-2009, 06:45 AM
moose poop works wonders. At work we have moose that you push its tail down and it pops a jelly bean out of its butt. Its a crude thing but the kids are SO SO adicted. We used this to potty train our class (15 kids) and now we use it for when they poop. its great bribery

tinkryansmom
08-13-2009, 11:15 AM
When does the Potty Training Express leave for Nan's!!? I know mine is a little young but thought perhaps having 2 would make it easier!! DD2 was interested - even told me she did not want to wear diapers anymore - but, alas, totally disinterested now.

Lisa
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Girl is as stubborn as a mule! wonder where she gets that from.....must be Dad.:lmao:

PrincessNancy96
08-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Nan's Potty Central is open... Just send the kids...
I'll have them trained in no time!!!

joyah
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
where were you 6 years ago when I couldn't get mine trained.:lmao:

ddavis860
08-15-2009, 06:37 AM
DS21 was easy. An older woman I knew told me to set a timer, and when it went off, we ran to the potty and he would "try". It worked like a charm for him. But I did worry that he would have to pee every time he heard a kitchen timer, and be on Oprah at 40 telling his story :rotfl2:

DS17...nope, nothing worked. I gave up, and figured he was never going to school. Then he decided it was time, and then it was time... Of course we were going camping the very next day, and we were running to the potty house like every few min...

I never used pull ups. I had the old fashioned cotton training pants. We were really tight on money. And a new pack of super hero big boy pants were motivating :)

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2009, 02:15 PM
VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!

Dry for 2 1/2 hours, tried the potty. Nothing.

10 minutes later she piddled on the floor, no biggie, we went upstairs to use the potty anyway, I made her change clothes and clean up.
10 minutes after that DS8 came down to tell me DD needed me in the potty, she had started #2 but needed to use the "big potty" but can't get up there herself. So she finished in the big potty and didn't want baby wipes to clean up, wanted TP.

So she is enjoying her lollipop as a reward. I don't mind if we master this one backwards, as long as she learns! LOL

BTW, she has decided that she doesn't want to go to school, but is really thinking about the no potty no dance class scenario (she really loves contemporary dance). DH told her she's missing out on an awful lot of stuff, like swim class, school, dance, etc........

Lisa
08-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, Princess Blink!!! Tell her Miss Lisa is very happy that she earned a lollipop!!!!