PDA

View Full Version : What kind of deals on AAA package

jjarman
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM
What kind of discounts are there generally on the AAA package deals? We are going in January and have never used this.

DisneyCruiser2008
08-09-2009, 04:28 PM
My understanding is that it is usually 10-20% off of the room portion of the package (or 10-20% off room only bookings). We booked for next June, which is peak season, and it was 10% off the room rate. I think the % off is sometimes high during non peak. If you book a PACKAGE, you have to book through AAA. If you book a room only, you can go through Disney and they will apply the discount when you give them your AAA number... so you could call Disney and find out the current discount (at least for a room only booking) for your dates, so you'll have an idea.

kwoodman
08-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Do you know if there are better deals with Disney Visa or AAA?

DisneyCruiser2008
08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Disney Visa sometimes releases codes to Visa holders before they are released to the general public... My understanding is that the free dining offer was first released to Disney Visa holders... Nothing has been released at all (except AAA) for 2010... the scuttlebutt is that there may be something released on Wednesday... Per this thread... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33090236#post33090236. I would wait until then to see... Or -- you could always call Disney now, book the rooms you want (w/ AAA discount) and then call back on Wednesday if it is a better deal and have them change it. If there is availability, Disney will change it -- no problem.

justcantwait
08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Just to give the OP an idea of what you get as a discount, I got a quote from a TA:

December 4-12, 2010 (8 nights - value season)
Poly - garden view room
9 day park hopper (no pluses)
Regular Dining Plan
2 Adults, 1 Junior (age 11), 1 Child (age 8)

$5602

Same quote through AAA:

$5075

DisneyCruiser2008 was correct, though. You can't book a AAA package yourself, you have to go through them for a package. You CAN however book a room only ressie, and see what happens before your vacation. Maybe Disney will offer a better deal (4/3 or free dining) and you can take advantage of that. Good luck. HTH

Kathy