PDA

View Full Version : PIN code offered on an already Booked Trip?

cmrsfraz
08-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Last month my family booked our WDW vacation for mid-December. I am curious if PIN codes are ever sent out to families that already have a vacation booked? My birthday is in December, which I have registered with Disney online, & I am hoping to receive a birthday PIN. But does that ever happen since I already have my trip booked???

SPOERLX3
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes it does. I booked my trip back in March for August with the free dining, I found that I could fly in and out cheaper on Saturday than on Sunday so I also booked a room only for 1 night. A couple of months later I got the room only pin and since then I have also gotten a pin for free dining for December. If you get the pin you can always apply it to your package that you have already booked.:thumbsup2

Bobo912
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I booked our Oct vacation on July 26 and received a PIN by email on July 28. So,yes, it happens. Good luck!

05MM08MM
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Most all the PIN codes I received were for the dates I already made my FD ressie for.

Now hoping for some 2010 codes...may be the only way we can go next year, unless they bring back the 4/3 deal.

chocovrdmicears
08-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Definately. It has happened to us twice. :duck::duck::duck:

nooneshome
08-09-2009, 06:45 AM
I guess there is hope for me. :surfweb:

n2mm
08-09-2009, 07:32 AM
We booked our trip for August and DID NOT receive a pin code offer. We registered DH's birthday online and nothing. So it does not always happen. So we are staying on DVC points instead of a resort stay and cancelled our FD reservations for 2 rooms.

cmrsfraz
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I am really hoping to get one. We are currently set to have the Public FD offer. If I get a code, could I still use it since the FD is offered to the public? Or do they consider the Public FD a discount and wouldn't be able to use a PIN?:confused3

chocovrdmicears
08-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I am really hoping to get one. We are currently set to have the Public FD offer. If I get a code, could I still use it since the FD is offered to the public? Or do they consider the Public FD a discount and wouldn't be able to use a PIN?:confused3

If you got a PIN code for the Free Dining, you would be able to get the DDP rather than the QSDP at a value. I think the PIN vs the Public FD would be the same savings if you are staying at a mod or deluxe.
Based on availability, you could switch to a value and use the PIN code.

You cannot combine any discounts. So if you use the public FD discount and you happened to get a 40% off room rate PIN, you cannot use them both. You would have to run the numbers and see which one saves you more money.
HTH!:)

Aisling
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Chiming in to say that YES, you may get a PIN code even after you're already booked. It happened to me!

What made it even better was that I was already using a code, and when I called to apply the PIN code, they took the discount off the already discounted price!

BUT, this was 2 years ago, and I haven't received a PIN code since.