PDA

View Full Version : Gems Pre Trippie for Jan 2010! ***Updated page 5***

T16GEM
08-08-2009, 10:59 AM
:goodvibesCast Members
Introductions and a few pictures, always easier to get on if you can put a name with a face!
Me - Gem 28 (29 by then :sad2:) Disney Addict
DH - Matt 33 Loves thrill rides and American Portions!:goodvibes
DD - Shelby 4 Minnie Addict
DS - Harley 2 Buzz Addict

This is me and DD
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/boos3rdbirthday017.jpg

This is DS
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/fatty.jpg

This is DH on Small World (I think) with the kids on our last trip
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/dhkids.jpg

BFF - Lou 26 Her secret fantasy is Buzz! ;)
Dh's BFF - Terry 29 Pluto Addict
This is Terry and Lou at MK just after he popped the question under the Castle, many tears were shed by me, might I add!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/florida190.jpg

What's the Plan?

A bit of background for this trip..

We had always thought that when I was pregnant with DS that we wouldn't be able to go to the Happiest Place on Earth again until 2010 :scared1: mainly because of the children being so young and us being scared of flying with them! ;)

The urge got the better of us though when we had taken DD to portugal and found that actually it wasn't that bad - she was 6 months at the time! Maybe we were trying to convince ourselves that travelling with two kids would be a breeze but anyway we booked to go on Christmas Day 2007 for three weeks, with my mom and dad and Terry and Louthe flight was ok, and we all survived. :woohoo:

This was to be the start of the kids holidays to WDW and this one will be their third as last October DH decided to surprise me for our 5th wedding anniversary with a two week last minute trip flying out on the 30th Jan. I was gob smaked!! Again we had such a fantastic time and it was much easier with the kids being that little bit older, there was so much more that they could do.

By the point that we returned Lou was desperate to return and we collectively decided that January 10 would be the best time to go.

Terry and Lou are getting married on the 5th September and are having a honeymoon in Cyprus, but are using the WDW trip as a 2nd honeymoon, therefore not wanting to cramp their style we are planning to rent two cars, enabling us to do things together or split off and they can do slushy romantic stuff while we are doing lots of crazy kid friendly things!

Starting to plan.

So now that we knew when we were going it was time to decide where we were going!

Feb 09
We knew that we would be flying from Birmingham indirect via Newark as there are no airlines that fly direct from BHX. It's a bummer, but as we all live 10 minutes from the airport and listen to it every single day of the year we are certainly going to take advantage of it being on the door step!

We started looking for flights booking direct with Continental, but they were coming out a bit expensive. We decided to wait a while and see whether the flight fluctuated at all. They didn't. :laughing: However, one night I was browsing the Dis and WayneG had posted about the American Airlines Winter Sale, so I started having a look at them and then DH (on the other computer) started browsing Continetals fares on NetFlights as he had just received an email from them. The price was amazing! 249 plus taxes!!!!!!!! I did a twirl around the lounge at this point :dance3: It was nearly midnight and there was no way that we could phone Terry at that time as they would have been snoring away! So we retired to bed and hoped that the price was still the same in the morning......

IT WAS!!:cool1: So we booked. Inc taxes we paid 2009 for 4 adults and 2 kids seats.

So we fly out on the 4th January at 9am, Connect at Newark at 15.00 and finally land into Orlando at 18.01 - another long day
We return 25th January at 13.50 and connect at Newark at 19.00 finally getting home at 06.55. - yet another long day - not so bad coming home though!

Accomodation.

We had looked at a few villas and one particular one had caught our eye, we liked it because it's on a development where we stayed in 2007 and DH and I have also stayed there on numerous occasions BC (before children!) we like the location and it's handy for Chilis, Walmart and Sizzler and Ponderosa - all of which we like to frequent when we are there!

We had reserved the villa for 10 days while we finalised our flight plans and the owner was fantastic and very kind waiting for us to sort everything out before we made our firm booking. We paid our deposit and our balance is due on 24th October I think.

When DH and I went on our anniversary trip this year we stayed at the Best Western Lakeside, it was fine but we are so used to having the amenities of a villa, just simple things like the kids having their own room makes all the difference. We couldn't get the kids to go to bed without us going too so that was a bit of a nightmare, we are looking forward to being able to relax by the pool with a beer after they have gone to bed!

This is "our" villa!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/villafront.jpg

:love::love:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/villapool.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/villakitchen.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/villabedroom.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/villabathroom.jpg

Our Wish List for this Trip

No doubt I will add to this as we go along but this is what I can think of at the moment and from looking at my planning journal.

On our 2004 honeymoon trip DH and I took a bit of a road trip from Orlando to Miami and then down to the keys, we quite fancy taking the kids to Miami for a few days just to have a sit on the beach and a rest from the long days in the theme parks. I was thinking that we may do this toward the end of the holiday so that we are rested to come home? What do you think?
If we are going to do this I need to firm up the dates and book a couple of nights stop over, as I would rather not drive back from Miami all in one day.

I think Terry and Lou are keen on going to the keys as they have never been before so we will probably split up for a couple of days while they do that and we return to Orlando.

Harley is turning 3 on the 16th January too, so we will be doing a character breakfast for his special day. I had started thinking about CP but our kids aren't really big Pooh fans, they prefer Minnie and Mickey so we will be doing Chef Mickeys I have my phone and Outlook reminder set to tell me when it's my 90 day window! I need to make sure that I get that ressie on the day!!! As Harley is Terry and Lou's god son they will definatly be joining us for napkin twirling and Mickey Waffles! :)

I would love to see the gingerbread house at the GF, I;m just worried that DS might try and eat it!

Theme Parks

We are planning on doing days (notice how I said days plural ;))
at the following parks.

Magic Kingdom - at least 3 days
Epcot - at least 2 days
MGM (yes I know it's DHS now but whatever!!) at least 2 days
Animal Kingdom - at least 1 day
Universal Studios - at least 2 days
Islands of Adventure - at least 2 days
Busch Gardens - at least 1 day
Sea World - at least 2 days

And which ever of the two Disney Water parks is open - I'm thinking this year it will be Typhoon Lagoon as it was Blizzard Beach that was open for Winter last year? :confused3

We are planning on buying the 21 day Ultimate ticket and the Flex Plus. I'm currently monitoring the prices via the thread on the UK Trip Planning boards and with the $$ rising by the day I think we should be able to get a pretty good deal. I won't buy my tickets until I am absolutly sure that they are a good price. We used Attraction Tickets Direct last time, but there are some great prices coming about from other places now so we shall see!

Well that's about it for now folks, I am going to go and do some work! the joys of working ina shop on a sunny saturday in August - no customers! :rotfl:

Hope I didn't go on too much!

wickesy
08-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned Gem. The villa looks lovely. :thumbsup2

irongirlof12
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM
your plans sound great and a little mini trip to Miami sounds like a great adventure.

your villa - wow!

Pinky166
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Your plans sound fab Gems. The villa looks lovely. :thumbsup2

I found Miami beach very surreal, almost like being on a tv set. :laughing: I think you could either do it at the end to relax like you say or maybe in the middle to give you a half way rest & recharge your batteries. :)

Alice28
08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
sounds awesome Gems! Love reading about your trippie! I want to sneak out to FL to meet you so bad! Stupid 3,000 miles...

Pegasus928
08-09-2009, 06:08 AM
I love the look of the pool area at 'your' villa. It's the first thing I always look for when deciding which villa to book - if it is too overlooked or is surrounded by a prison style fence it is off the list. Yours looks perfect.
Hope you get your park tickets at a good price :thumbsup2

T16GEM
08-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I love the look of the pool area at 'your' villa. It's the first thing I always look for when deciding which villa to book - if it is too overlooked or is surrounded by a prison style fence it is off the list. Yours looks perfect.
Hope you get your park tickets at a good price :thumbsup2

Yes, exactly why we went with it, stayed at the same development in 2007 so we know that the lake is really nice to look out on, plus the wildlife there is great too - yet to see a gator though :rotfl:

sounds awesome Gems! Love reading about your trippie! I want to sneak out to FL to meet you so bad! Stupid 3,000 miles...

Yes but we may actually get to chat online one day while we are there without me having to stay up until 4am!

Your plans sound fab Gems. The villa looks lovely. :thumbsup2

I found Miami beach very surreal, almost like being on a tv set. :laughing: I think you could either do it at the end to relax like you say or maybe in the middle to give you a half way rest & recharge your batteries. :)

Yes I loved Miami, I thinkwe went to South Beach which was lovely but as you say very surreal! I think we will need to recharge our batteries after 3 weeks of Disney!

Stay tuned for my next installment.............

T16GEM
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Counting Down the Days

I thought it would be a fun way to countdown the days to go and also a nice craft activity for the winter days to make a big countdown for on the back of the kitchen door, I cut out all of the Mickey heads and stuck them in the right place and then the kids decorated it with their stickers and stuff......
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/DSCF5968.jpg
Every Thursday (I'm not sure why every Thursday, it's just the way it worked out!) we cross off a Mickey Head - This week we crossed off 151 days to go!

Checking Our Height :rotfl:

DD is desperate to get on Soarin so we have been measuring her on the height chart that WayneG very kindly sent us from the Poly gift shop on his last trip. It's fantastic and tells you at which height the rides that the kids can go on now. Shelby is fighting for 40inches, and Harley has just passed over 35" so he can go on the Barnstormer - which he will love!!!!

Standing nice and straight to get maximum tallness!! Great practice for when the CMs measure them too as last year Harley really struggled to keep straight and kept going all wonky when he was measured! :lmao:

These were taken today so hopefully by the time we measure in a month they will have notched up a bit more!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/booheight.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/DSCF6438.jpg

I need to be this big!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/DSCF6440.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/DSCF6441.jpg

T16GEM
08-09-2009, 08:56 AM
You may also be noticing a pattern that my son doesn't like wearing trousers! :lmao::lmao: He doesn't seem to be wearing any in a lot of the pics!!! :rotfl2:

Lizzybear
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Great start :goodvibes Love the pics of the kids measuring themselves, hope Shelby gains those extra inches to take her up to 40!! :)

wicket2005
08-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Lovely photos of the kids, it is nice seeing them growing up as you do each of your trip reports.

Personally if planning a couple of days at the beach I think I would do it roughly in the middle of the holidays. Then you can come back refreshed for the final time in the parks, then go home and 'rest' then thats if you can with 2 kiddies. I have just been and I think it was by the 8th or 9th day I had had enough of theme parks and just wanted to escape for a day. We ended up doing shopping, mini golf, eating a meal, relaxing by the hotel pool and then did go into Sea World but just for shows so was okay for the day. We all really enjoyed this day.

Alice28
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh my goodness- that last pic of Shelby- she looks SO BIG GIRL!!!! Wow!

Goofysmate
08-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Great chart you've made with the children :thumbsup2

jockey
08-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Your plans sound great, we fly out the same day too, Jan is such a lovely time to go :)

T16GEM
08-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Your plans sound great, we fly out the same day too, Jan is such a lovely time to go :)

Where are you flying from?

T16GEM
08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh my goodness- that last pic of Shelby- she looks SO BIG GIRL!!!! Wow!

I know she keeps looking like a 7 year old in the latest pics I have taken!

Great chart you've made with the children :thumbsup2

Thanks, they really enjoyed doing it! I'm just trying to think of another design for next years countdown now! LOL

Lovely photos of the kids, it is nice seeing them growing up as you do each of your trip reports.

Personally if planning a couple of days at the beach I think I would do it roughly in the middle of the holidays. Then you can come back refreshed for the final time in the parks, then go home and 'rest' then thats if you can with 2 kiddies. I have just been and I think it was by the 8th or 9th day I had had enough of theme parks and just wanted to escape for a day. We ended up doing shopping, mini golf, eating a meal, relaxing by the hotel pool and then did go into Sea World but just for shows so was okay for the day. We all really enjoyed this day.

Yes, we love to have a laze around and shop then just hit a park to do a couple of fun things before dinner, it's a nice way of just chilling out, I'm sure we will do that for a couple of days just to relax.

Great start :goodvibes Love the pics of the kids measuring themselves, hope Shelby gains those extra inches to take her up to 40!! :)

So do I otherwise I will never hear the end of it if she has to wait until next year to go on Soarin - or Sawing as she calls it! :rotfl:

jockey
08-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Where are you flying from?

We are flying from Belfast to Gatwick but Staying at Gatwick the night of the 4th, we fly to Orlando on the 5th Jan with Virgin, just trying to sort out the hotel at the moment!

Snowy-girls
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm coming along for the ride Gem :thumbsup2.Nice to put a face to the name.Love your pics-your kiddies are sooooo cute :cutie:.
I also think a break to Miami in the middle of your trip would be much better especially with a 3 week break-lucky you.
I love the countdown chart :worship:,and the villa looks lovely.x.

T16GEM
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok so I have just run my outlined plan of how many days for each park past DH and he has poo pood them! :scared1: How dare he!!

so this was the original plan
Magic Kingdom - at least 3 days
Epcot - at least 2 days
Animal Kingdom - at least 1 day
Busch Gardens - at least 1 day
Sea World - at least 2 days

this is the new plan (subject to change;))
Magic Kingdom - at least 2 days
DH thinks that we will get bored if we do any more than 2, :eek: what planet is he on?
Epcot - at least 2 days
I love Epcot and think it's a great place, DH thinks some of it is boring so I think we will stick to the original plan of 2 days here.
We both agree on this one!
Animal Kingdom - at least 2 day
Personally I am not a fan of AK, but Dh reckons that the kids will get a lot out of this park so we will be doing at least the 2 days
Busch Gardens - 2 days - my fave park!
DH thinks that we will be ok to drive there two days. There is a large kiddies area "Land of Dragons" I think, and we will probably spend half a day just in that area, and I need to get my goes on Sheikra and Montu too!!
Sea World - at least 2 days, possible 3 plus an afternoon somewhere along the way too!
Again, a huge kiddies area by the Shamu stadium that we could spend ages in with DD and DS.

Ticket plans........

So we are thinking about buying 2 year passports from Sea World for SW and BG. We are currently debating whether or not to include Aquatica. I've just posted on the UK Trip Planning Board to ask for opinions on the park. I would quite like to try it but is it worth the extra $$?

If we do go ahead with the SW annual pass then we may do the same for US and IOA.

Tickets are such a confusing thing, it's so hard to know what to for the best. I think I am just going to leave it to DH and see what he comes up with! :goodvibes

wickesy
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I always thought the only accepted response from us men was "Yes dear, whatever you say dear". :confused3 ;)

Bored at MK! :scared1: That's definitely not an acceptable response.

T16GEM
08-13-2009, 06:15 AM
I always thought the only accepted response from us men was "Yes dear, whatever you say dear". :confused3 ;)

Bored at MK! :scared1: That's definitely not an acceptable response.

:lmao: Yes usually he isn't quite so brave!!

Pinky166
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
:lmao: Yes usually he isn't quite so brave!!

How dare he question your plans!! :eek:

I agree with David's response - that is what you need to repeat time & time again David & you will do well. ;)

I was just about to post it on my TR but seems appropriate to put it here too.....my DH asked me last night what hotel we are staying in! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's only been booked for 12 & a bit months! :lmao:

Chilly
08-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds like it'll be a lovely holiday.

Love the photos of the kids getting measured.

Snowy-girls
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I do agree with you on the MK front,we done 3 days back in Easter and it just was'nt enough-we would have loved a 4th day there to be honest.
Dare i say this :confused3 :laughing: ,But i do agree wth hubby on AK-we only done 1 day here,and wish we had done 2 as the girls really enjoyed this park+there was lots we never got around to doing.Epcot is my least favourite park-i find it boring+believe the girls would too which is why we never even went in Easter-i think it would suit my girls more when they are older.x.

disneyangel
08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Love your pre-trippie report :thumbsup2

We are heading out in january for our first WDW trip with DD who will be 7 when we travel. (DH and I have been once before pre-DD). I am so excited :lovestruc

We are seasoned DLRP travellers (annual passes etc. )and love Disney

We are travelling from EDI on 01JAN10 -15JAN10 and staying at a villa too.

We may bump into you sometime :)

T16GEM
08-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Sounds like it'll be a lovely holiday.

Love the photos of the kids getting measured.

Yes it's been done again this morning, and again this evening - just incase she's had a growth spurt in the 12 hours that she was awake! :lmao:

I do agree with you on the MK front,we done 3 days back in Easter and it just was'nt enough-we would have loved a 4th day there to be honest.
Dare i say this :confused3 :laughing: ,But i do agree wth hubby on AK-we only done 1 day here,and wish we had done 2 as the girls really enjoyed this park+there was lots we never got around to doing.Epcot is my least favourite park-i find it boring+believe the girls would too which is why we never even went in Easter-i think it would suit my girls more when they are older.x.

I know that AK is great, but honestly there is just something about it that just doesn't quite float my boat. I always feel like it's just a more crammed in park, and for some reason it always seems so much hotter there than any of the other parks. :confused3 I'm sure we will end up there for more than 2 days anyway.

I think DH is thinking that because we only went in Jan 09 and we only had Disney tickets - no other parks at all that we spent maybe 4-5 days in MK and I just don't think he could handle that amount again! These people just can't stand the pace! :rotfl:

Love your pre-trippie report :thumbsup2

We are heading out in january for our first WDW trip with DD who will be 7 when we travel. (DH and I have been once before pre-DD). I am so excited :lovestruc

We are seasoned DLRP travellers (annual passes etc. )and love Disney

We are travelling from EDI on 01JAN10 -15JAN10 and staying at a villa too.

We may bump into you sometime :)

Glad you are enjoying my ramblings! :goodvibesHave a great trip! You will love it!

wideeyes
08-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Your little ones are so cute.

Sounds like a great trip. I've just booked 18th-25th Jan as it is mine and DD birthday that week and we have spare DVC points to use up so may see you around the parks.:)

T16GEM
08-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Your little ones are so cute.

Sounds like a great trip. I've just booked 18th-25th Jan as it is mine and DD birthday that week and we have spare DVC points to use up so may see you around the parks.:)

Thank you

January is a fab time to go.
Will you have any identifying features on you?? Lime green anyone??:goodvibes

wideeyes
08-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Thank you

January is a fab time to go.
Will you have any identifying features on you?? Lime green anyone??:goodvibes

I have a Disboards pin, and will probably get some lime green ribbon.

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 05:46 AM
I have a Disboards pin, and will probably get some lime green ribbon.

Fab!

I'm thinking I might make DD wear lime green hair bobbles and clips! :rotfl: We will probably have the green on our pushchairs too!

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Now, I don't usually do this - but having seen how well my good friend Robin does at seeing everything in the parks by creating a day by day plan I have decided to give it a go. This is the 2nd version, as the first one had so many scribbles etc on it! :rotfl:

It is subject to change as I haven't put our water park days in as obviously that is dependant on the weather............

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Monday 4th January

Travelling we should arrive at the villa by about 7.30 - 8pm by the time we have collected the hire car and will probably stop off to get some drinks snacks etc at Publix on the way.

The kids will no doubt want to go straight to bed, I expect that Matt and Terry will go out to get some food and bring it back for me and Lou. But to be honest I am such a light weight that I will probably be tucked up in bed by the time the food arrives so I will miss out - this happened last time! ;)

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Tuesday 5th January
Early start, expect kids to be up bathed and ready by 6am at latest! :rolleyes:

Maybe have a swim if it's warm enough first thing - we are having the pool heated so it should be ok, I can't wait to get my butt in that spa pool! ;)

Probably go out and get breakfast at Golden Corral today! :cool1:

Universal Studios,
Go straight to the Rip Ride Rock It, Matt and Terry Ride, Lou doesn't do coasters, so I will wait with her and kids until boys return with a baby switch ticket.
Then head over to The Simpsons, never ridden this so should be good.

Next let the kids have a play in the kiddies area. Ride on ET, we can all do this one, last time they wouldn't let Harley ride because he was too little to be safe on the bike seat. Stay around this area to go on Woody Woody Peckers Nuthouse Coaster - kids will love this. See what time Animal Actors is on, programe it into the day.

It's a shame but I think the kids will be too little for the Horror Make Up show, I think this time they will be scared by it so I may give this one a miss and if the others want to do it they can while the kids and I go to the play area again.

By this time I expect it will be time to get some lunch, I will have packed the kids some sandwiches and a drink. They aren't that keen on the meals in the parks, and DD won't touch chips! (odd child!) I doubt we will want more than a snack after eating breakfast but you never know!

Wander round the lagoon to MIB, Jaws (which we can all ride), Disaster, The Mummy, again we will need to do rider switch on Mummy and MIB. Twister (if there is time as we are not fussed about this one) Shrek 4d and Jimmy Neutron next, I'm sure the kids will love this and want to do "Shrekky" again.

Me, Lou and kids can have a look in the shop while the boys go on Terminator 3d, as neither of us enjoy that one.

Go back to villa freshen up and decided where to go and eat - which knowing my lot will probably be Chilis followed by Krispy Cremes!! :goodvibes

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Wednesday 6th January

Again probably an early morning, start off with a swim and get food at the villa, get to park for opening (ish)

Islands of Adventure

This is one of our favourite parks, we haven't been since 2007 as we felt the kids were too little for most of the things here.

I expect that we will start the day with a couple of goes on the Hulk, then move round to Spiderman, Dr Doom and then onto Toon Lagoon, we enjoy walking round this area as it's so much fun! Unless it's a really warm day I doubt we will do the water rides.

One thing that I am really looking forward to is the Petranodon Flyers, Shelby is big enough for them now and you can't go on as just an adult! :rotfl: I guess DH and I will take it in turns to take her on them and Harley can play in Camp Jurassic.

Take a spin on the Jurassic Park River Adventure and maybe get a pulled pork roll from the kiosk here. YUM! Take both of the kids round the Camp Jurassic Area.

Lunch at The Burger Digs. Kids again either sandwiches or hotdog.

See how long the line is for Duelling Dragons and find out when the 8th Voyage of Sinbad is showing. Whoever is waiting with the children can go through to Sueuss Landing where we will spend the rest of the day. Both kids can go on everything here. I expect to ride Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, High in the Sky Trolly Ride - Shelby LOVED this on the last trip and Harley was too small for it. We will have a play in the If I ran the zoo area too.

Tonight maybe have a wander around City Walk, and then on to the villa to freshen up, maybe grab a cooked chicken from Walmart and do some mashed potatoes etc in the villa for tea, and have a quick swim before bathing the kids and getting them into bed.

I should also say that both children will have their own stroller with them so they can sleep whenever they want to, we are not at all worried about this aspect as they are both great with that kind of thing - just didn't want you to think we were keeping them up from 6am till midnight with no rest! :goodvibes

dizzyredhead83
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
If you are up by 6am I will be amazed:rotfl2: Swimming sounds like a good plan after the evil flight that awaits us. I might go for chilling in the spa when we get there :woohoo:

Interesting start with Universal, but a good choice - are you starving me of my Shamu :confused3

I'm enjoying the read of the itinery - it is really exciting. Now the wedding is only 17 days away I am starting to think more and more about our trip.

Tuesday 5th January
Early start, expect kids to be up bathed and ready by 6am at latest! :rolleyes:

Maybe have a swim if it's warm enough first thing - we are having the pool heated so it should be ok, I can't wait to get my butt in that spa pool! ;)

Probably go out and get breakfast at Golden Corral today! :cool1:

Universal Studios,
Go straight to the Rip Ride Rock It, Matt and Terry Ride, Lou doesn't do coasters, so I will wait with her and kids until boys return with a baby switch ticket.
Then head over to The Simpsons, never ridden this so should be good.

Next let the kids have a play in the kiddies area. Ride on ET, we can all do this one, last time they wouldn't let Harley ride because he was too little to be safe on the bike seat. Stay around this area to go on Woody Woody Peckers Nuthouse Coaster - kids will love this. See what time Animal Actors is on, programe it into the day.

It's a shame but I think the kids will be too little for the Horror Make Up show, I think this time they will be scared by it so I may give this one a miss and if the others want to do it they can while the kids and I go to the play area again.

By this time I expect it will be time to get some lunch, I will have packed the kids some sandwiches and a drink. They aren't that keen on the meals in the parks, and DD won't touch chips! (odd child!) I doubt we will want more than a snack after eating breakfast but you never know!

Wander round the lagoon to MIB, Jaws (which we can all ride), Disaster, The Mummy, again we will need to do rider switch on Mummy and MIB. Twister (if there is time as we are not fussed about this one) Shrek 4d and Jimmy Neutron next, I'm sure the kids will love this and want to do "Shrekky" again.

Me, Lou and kids can have a look in the shop while the boys go on Terminator 3d, as neither of us enjoy that one.

Go back to villa freshen up and decided where to go and eat - which knowing my lot will probably be Chilis followed by Krispy Cremes!! :goodvibes

dizzyredhead83
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I think we might do a few days at MK as it is one of my faves, but I do agree I am not particularly that bothered about many at AK. I need 3 at least at seaworld :yay:

Mind you hopefully there won't be much of a q this time so we might get more from each park each time we go.

Yes it's been done again this morning, and again this evening - just incase she's had a growth spurt in the 12 hours that she was awake! :lmao:

I know that AK is great, but honestly there is just something about it that just doesn't quite float my boat. I always feel like it's just a more crammed in park, and for some reason it always seems so much hotter there than any of the other parks. :confused3 I'm sure we will end up there for more than 2 days anyway.

I think DH is thinking that because we only went in Jan 09 and we only had Disney tickets - no other parks at all that we spent maybe 4-5 days in MK and I just don't think he could handle that amount again! These people just can't stand the pace! :rotfl:

Glad you are enjoying my ramblings! :goodvibesHave a great trip! You will love it!

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=dizzyredhead83;33206840]If you are up by 6am I will be amazed/[QUOTE]

I will be - you wait and see!!! :laughing:

Alice28
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Now, I don't usually do this - but having seen how well my good friend Robin does at seeing everything in the parks by creating a day by day plan I have decided to give it a go. This is the 2nd version, as the first one had so many scribbles etc on it! :rotfl:

It is subject to change as I haven't put our water park days in as obviously that is dependant on the weather............

Welcome to my OCD world my friend! LOL! It's a fun way to spend the day, dreaming of your future days at Disney!

Alice28
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Lou!!! :cheer2: I hear so much about you! Good to see you on the DIS.

Gemma, you are making me REALLY want to use my free ticket to Universal. I just don't want to have to spend $250 to get my kids in the park. Grrr. Maybe I can sneak over there for 2 hours or so just to check it out. :laughing:

Sounds good so far! Love Chili's followed by KK- wowza. :banana:

T16GEM
08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi Lou!!! :cheer2: I hear so much about you! Good to see you on the DIS.

Gemma, you are making me REALLY want to use my free ticket to Universal. I just don't want to have to spend $250 to get my kids in the park. Grrr. Maybe I can sneak over there for 2 hours or so just to check it out. :laughing:

Sounds good so far! Love Chili's followed by KK- wowza. :banana:

Rob - seriously you would love it, if you can get over there alone then do it, or do you know that Costco in Orlando (on the OBT) has Universal tickets for $80 I think - that was adult price too so I'm sure kids would be cheaper. You Could easily take the boys and just do the main attractions at each park in a day, and just hop.

We will get a box of KK, and then go back to the villa eat some and then have the rest for breakfast! :lmao: You know me - crazy Brit ;)

Alice28
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I am going to have to consider Universal for either Thursday or Friday for a few hours anyway. We'll see how it all plays out. Our Blizzard Beach day really depends on the weather. I don't want to go there if it's chilly. So we could do SeaWorld for about $80 (I just have to get a ticket for Molly & then parking).....or I guess I could shell out more $$ and get tickets for just the boys to go to Universal. They do have some sort of military deal, but I think it's a 5 day ticket - I just want a freebie one day ticket, or half price. :) I can dream!

T16GEM
08-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Thursday 7th January

Sea World

Today we will be visiting Sea World, Harley's favourite are the Dolphins, so we will be taking a lot of time to watch the dolphins and the Blue Horizons show. This is also Lou's favourite park.

I am hoping that the Wild Arctic will be re done as The Polar Express again this year, last year they extended it until around the 10th January if I remember correctly and the kids loved it, but we had to do the walk through attraction as they were too small.
Here they are enjoying the ice wall just about to meet Santa Claus!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/harleypolar.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/shelbypolar.jpg

I don't think that you can get over to the Shamu Stadium before 10 am, if we can get on Manta we will try that first or if not we will probably amble around the waterfront and have a look at the mermaids for a while before going over to catch the first showing of Believe.

Shamu's Happy Harbour is fab too, the rides are great for the kids and adults alike, DH nearly got stuck in one of the net ladders here last year following Shelby, there is also a fantastic water floor here which Shelby adored.

The kids loved the Elmo show last year too, that will be on the list next to the Pets Ahoy show. We have always found Sea World to be very kid friendly, so plan on spending a lot of time here.

Take a slow walk through Shark Encounter ( which I still always want to call Terrors of the Deep!) and Penguin Encounter, end up by Kraken and Atlantis - don ponchos for my fave water flume ride (Splash Mountain is always in rehab at this time of the year so we never get to go on it)

I'm hoping that the kids will take a nap around now and then we can get another go on the coasters.

Amble through the Manatee section, hopefully see them eating their lettuce! :) Take Harley to see his favorites - the Dolphins at Dolphin Cove.

Maybe get a cupcake at the bakery - yum!!

T16GEM
08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Friday 8th January

Today I think we will take a trip to Epcot, now those of you who have been reading along will recall that my DH isn't really a fan of Epcot and dared to call it boring :scared1: but I on the other hand really enjoy it and so I plan on us having at least 2 days here this trip! So there! :rotfl2:

I guess we will start off with our usual trip through Spaceship Earth and then go over to the Seas with Nemo, as we all really like this one, the Turtle Talk is fantastic and last year DD was chosen to talk to Crush! it was :lmao:

You will also recall that DD has a burning need to go on "Sawin" as she calls it, I am praying that she is big enough for it by then! She is doing pretty well though and is just shy of 40inches with her crocs on at the moment. However she is just over in her new school shoes - so they may be coming with us just for her to go on Soarin in!
While we are around this area I will drag everyone on Living with the Land, I know a few people who refer to this as "the lame" ;) instead of the land - but I LOVE it!!

I expect that DH and I will do the single riders line at Test Track and he will go on Mission Space with Terry - I'm not a big fan of that one but will do it under duress!

Today I think we will take it easy and let the kids play at the water floor, I'd like to try and see Kim Possible as that's new since we last visited. Maybe when the kids fall asleep in their pushchairs we will take them around the World showcase, they enjoyed the mask making in Norway last year, even though Harley's stick on his mask lasted about 10 seconds and he was covered in Sharpie pen from colouring with the CM!

Maybe we will catch Reflections of Earth tonight too depending on how tired the kids are.

T16GEM
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Saturday 9th January

Today will be a Sea World day again, so much the same as the day before yesterday. Lot's of Dolphin watching etc etc.

I am thinking about surprising everyone with a Dine With Shamu dinner, but this will depend on how the kids are with the Killer Whales this year, as last trip they had no interest in them at all. We'll see!

I'd like to do some shopping here today as well, I love the shop by the Wild Arctic and the one by the penguins so I will head for these at some point.

T16GEM
08-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Sunday 10th January

Today is Animal Kingdom, as you know I am not really a huge fan of this place but DH thinks that the kids will love it - which I am sure they will but hey......

I have planned on AK today as I am thinking it will be a nice early finish as I think the park usually closes at around 5pm in January.

As soon as we get here I plan on going over to EE for fast passes, and then seeing It's Tough to be a Bug, the kids were ok with this last year, but needed a bit of encouragement! I think I will get them watching the DVD a few times before we go!

I'm sure we will spend a lot of time around the Dinoland USA part as the kids loved it here, there were also opportunitites to do character greeting too. Even though Shelby will be tall enough for Dinosaur I doubt that we will take her on that - waaaayyyyyy too intense I think! I always find it odd that such a jerky ride as Dinosaur has a low height restriction but others that I would consider to be pretty sedate have higher ones. :confused3

We don't tend to do any of the pay and play games here and prefer to watch other people trying to hook the bottle etc .

The kids enjoyed the musical of Nemo last time, apart from when DS fell off the chair backwards! So i guess we will do this again.

I'm hoping that we can catch the parade and then have a wander round the jungle trails, DD will also be big enough for Kali so we will be donning our ponchos for this one!! one of us will have to wait with Shorty Harley though as he is still too ickle!

Nice early night out of the park tonight as tomorrow is a long day as we are travelling to Tampa for our first day at Busch Gardens MY FAVORITE PARK!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

T16GEM
09-18-2009, 09:03 AM
10th September 09
Harley appears to have had a growth spurt and has shot up to 36"!!!!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/harleyseptember.jpg

Shelby is just over 40" now to "Sawin" here we come! :rotfl:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/t16gem/shelbySeptember.jpg

mandymouse
09-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Your plans and villa look great Gems, I hope you all have a fab time :)

Pegasus928
09-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Someone looks excited to be going on the big kids rides.

Your plans look good and I am sure you will all have a fantastic time.

T16GEM
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Bought our Sea World, Busch and Aquatica tickets yesterday!
68 for unlimited entry to all three parks per person from ATD! What a bargain! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:: cool1::cool1::cool1:

Snowy-girls
09-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Bought our Sea World, Busch and Aquatica tickets yesterday!
68 for unlimited entry to all three parks per person from ATD! What a bargain! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:: cool1::cool1::cool1:

Great bargain :woohoo:.
Love the pics of the 'bigger' Harley+Shelby :cutie:.x.

T16GEM
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I can't believe that our flights have been changed, we booked with Netflights and now we have a 4 hour conection at Newark, 3 hours was ideal for us with the kids and now we are going to have another hour to kill unless we can get it changed.

DH is going to try and call them tomorrow and see what they can do, but their website says that they will charge for changes, but surely they can't charge us if they have made the ammendment???

I am a bit cross as there are many other flights on the day that are with a shorter connection.

AHHHHHHHH!

Alice28
10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
crap- that totally sucks Gemma!!!!! :mad:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
10-07-2009, 04:43 AM
:hug:Grr how frustrating,Hope you can manage to sort something out.

natalielongstaff
10-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Did you manage to get a better time hun ?

The kids are really shooting up :)

wideeyes
10-15-2009, 04:06 AM
How rubbish about the flight times..

I know I have said it before but the kids are so cute.

T16GEM
10-24-2009, 06:43 AM
crap- that totally sucks Gemma!!!!! :mad:

:hug:Grr how frustrating,Hope you can manage to sort something out.

Did you manage to get a better time hun ?

The kids are really shooting up :)

How rubbish about the flight times..

I know I have said it before but the kids are so cute.

Nope no luck, Matt rang Net Flights and they said that because we had bought our flights when the price was cheap they would charge us to "upgrade" to the flight that we were orginally on, basically they are selling tickets at a higher price so really (the way I see it) they can in effect keep moving us to later flights so that they can sell more tickets at the higher price.

They also told Matt that it was not possible to get through to a connection in 90 minutes, his reply was that we have manged it before and if that is the case why are they selling tickets with a 90 minute connection on their site if it's not possible!!??!!:rotfl2:

Wide eyes - thank you for the compliment on the kids! I think they are pretty cute too!

T16GEM
10-24-2009, 06:44 AM
We have paid our balance on the villa now too, it was due yesterday, we had send a cheque to the owner so I decided it would be best to email him and let him know that it may be delayed because of the postal strikes, he seemed fine with that and is going to let us know when it arrives!!!

Only 72 days to go now! I can't believe that it's getting close finally!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:

Chilly
10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Good news on getting the villa paid for but a bummer on the flights.

florida sun
10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Great pre trippie Gems, your kids are so cute:goodvibes

T16GEM
11-13-2009, 05:44 AM
There have been a few developments since my last post........

I GOT MY ADR for Harley's birthday, :cool1: we chose Chef Mickeys because CP is closed in January for a refurb. I know that everyone will love it here, I got 9.30 on the 16th Jan, which is his actual birthday. I was also pretty pleased with the time as it will give us some time to open pressies etc at the house before we leave.

We deffo cannot change out flights so it looks like we are stuck with a 4 hour connection, bit of a bummer, but I guess we will just have to make sure that we take some xtra bits and bobs for the kids to play with / entertain them while we wait. Immigration took 2 hours last time so hope fully we can just take a slow walk through and maybe enjoy the views from the lounge!

We have received our E Tickets and full address / alarm code etc for the villa so that has all been put into my florida book! :banana:

The time seems to by flying by now and I have started to pack a few bits and bobs in the suitcases, :scared1: My husband thinks I am off my trolley though! ;) I was wondering does anyone else take travel sizes toiletries and then buy larger sizes when they get there? I am thinking of doing this, just to save on the weight when we are going out.

We have booked out car with Alamo, but the price keeps going down so DH keeps cancelling and reooking as they don't charge a fee, I think we have got 3 weeks in a Compact for something like 342 all inclusive now!

I will try and take some updated height pictures this weekend too, as we haven;t had those for a while - we are on the homward straight now so I have been teaching Shelby that she needs to bump her head on the CM's height post! :rotfl: I think she gets it! After watching You Tube she has also decided that she wants to try Test Track! So lets hope it's working eh! :wizard:

wicket2005
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds good Gems, just a thought have you hired a compact car before? We usually go for intermediate/full size for a family of 4 plus suitcases. Have you checked that the boot is large enough for your cases?

jockey
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
There have been a few developments since my last post........

I GOT MY ADR for Harley's birthday, :cool1: we chose Chef Mickeys because CP is closed in January for a refurb. I know that everyone will love it here, I got 9.30 on the 16th Jan, which is his actual birthday. I was also pretty pleased with the time as it will give us some time to open pressies etc at the house before we leave.

We deffo cannot change out flights so it looks like we are stuck with a 4 hour connection, bit of a bummer, but I guess we will just have to make sure that we take some xtra bits and bobs for the kids to play with / entertain them while we wait. Immigration took 2 hours last time so hope fully we can just take a slow walk through and maybe enjoy the views from the lounge!

We have received our E Tickets and full address / alarm code etc for the villa so that has all been put into my florida book! :banana:

The time seems to by flying by now and I have started to pack a few bits and bobs in the suitcases, :scared1: My husband thinks I am off my trolley though! ;) I was wondering does anyone else take travel sizes toiletries and then buy larger sizes when they get there? I am thinking of doing this, just to save on the weight when we are going out.

We have booked out car with Alamo, but the price keeps going down so DH keeps cancelling and reooking as they don't charge a fee, I think we have got 3 weeks in a Compact for something like 342 all inclusive now!

I will try and take some updated height pictures this weekend too, as we haven;t had those for a while - we are on the homward straight now so I have been teaching Shelby that she needs to bump her head on the CM's height post! :rotfl: I think she gets it! After watching You Tube she has also decided that she wants to try Test Track! So lets hope it's working eh! :wizard:

Sounds as though you are very organised! I have just finished laminating 30 day countdown charts for the kids and some kind DIsigners have made more some designs so I will be busy this weekend with Family tshirts!

Not long now!!!:banana:

T16GEM
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds good Gems, just a thought have you hired a compact car before? We usually go for intermediate/full size for a family of 4 plus suitcases. Have you checked that the boot is large enough for your cases?

I have mentioned this fact to DH, but he said that last year we paid for a compact and they just said pick which car you like from the lot, we chose a nice Avenger which was a grade above what we had paid for.

Also our friends are hiring a car too so if we haven't got enough room in our car we can put some of our bags in their car as it's only the two of them in their car.

wideeyes
11-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Yay not long now. Chef Mickey sounds fab for your DS birthday, I booked Story book princess for DD birthday as CP was closed.:)

Shame about the flights, hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

Alice28
11-15-2009, 02:07 PM
it's getting sooooo close! I think I need to remember to send the kids a little note from Mickey next week. :)

wicket2005
11-16-2009, 08:44 AM
I have mentioned this fact to DH, but he said that last year we paid for a compact and they just said pick which car you like from the lot, we chose a nice Avenger which was a grade above what we had paid for.

Also our friends are hiring a car too so if we haven't got enough room in our car we can put some of our bags in their car as it's only the two of them in their car.

That's okay then, I know we have been upgraded for free on some occasions in the summer. With you going in January there probably have loads of cars available, just didn't want you to be squashed in a small car, saying that if you do find you are in a compact you could always upgrade if you felt you needed the extra space when you are there.

T16GEM
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Yay not long now. Chef Mickey sounds fab for your DS birthday, I booked Story book princess for DD birthday as CP was closed.:)

Shame about the flights, hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

We were going to do CP too, but the kids aren't really that into the Pooh and Tigger chracters, they like them but aren't crazy about them like they are Minnie and Mickey, plus I have never been to the contemporary resort so that will make a nice change :goodvibes

it's getting sooooo close! I think I need to remember to send the kids a little note from Mickey next week. :)

Aww thanks Robin! They would love that! :lovestruc

That's okay then, I know we have been upgraded for free on some occasions in the summer. With you going in January there probably have loads of cars available, just didn't want you to be squashed in a small car, saying that if you do find you are in a compact you could always upgrade if you felt you needed the extra space when you are there.

:goodvibes Thanks! There were lots of cars going spare last time! I am hoping to get a Hummer but I won't hold me breath! :rotfl:

Mrs Doubtfire
12-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Just read your pre trippie through and wish I was going!

Not long to go now - although I bet you are busy with Christmas now.

We love SW and did the dolphin feed when we were there - can easily spend a few days there too :santa:

Have a great holiday

T16GEM
12-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Just read your pre trippie through and wish I was going!

Not long to go now - although I bet you are busy with Christmas now.

We love SW and did the dolphin feed when we were there - can easily spend a few days there too :santa:

Have a great holiday

:goodvibes
Not long to go now! I am trying to get all the last minute bits and bobs togther now!

I have officially packed everything and the kids are busy choosing which of their toys they want to take for the flight.

T16GEM
12-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Ok so, it seems like I am taking the whole house plus the kitchen sink but honestly it all fits into the three suitcases without any bother at all!

Kids

10 x Tee Shirts Each
1 x Fleece Jumper each
1 x Light rain jacket
11 x shorts between them
2 x long trousers each
1 x hooded towel each
1 x sun hat each
2 x swim suits each
underwear and socks

Me

2 x swim suits
underwear and socks
3 x Cut off trousers
Sun Hat
7 x vest tops
7 x tee shirts
1 x bum bag (making it's annual outing as I wouldn't be seen dead in this at home:rotfl:)

DH - he is travelling light and insisting that we can wash anything that we need to....
6 x tee shirts
6 x underwear and socks
2 x shorts
1 x swim shorts
Plus what he is wearing to travel, I think he is intending on spending his Christmas money on clothes too.

1 x pair of crocs each

Toiletries etc
Toothbrushes and paste
Sun cream in various SPFs
Shampoo and conditioner
Soap and Shower Gel
Face cleanser (I always get really dry skin in Florida)
Deoderant
Baby bath for kids
Nappies and wipes

Travel plug
armband and lilos for pool
Spare fold out bag
Ponchos
US hair straighteners
Phone Charger

Sat Nav

Hand Luggage
Passports, travel documents and car hire info
Ear plugs for on plane
Colour Wonder pens and paper
Book
DS charger and DS
Netbook and charger
Nappies and wipes
Change of clothes for kids
Sippy cups

I think I have got everything :laughing:

wideeyes
12-30-2009, 07:35 AM
great packing list, has given me some idea of what to pack.:) I completely forgot about the plug adapter.

not long to go now.:yay:

Mrs Doubtfire
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
That's some list - I agree with your DH about packing a bit lighter - mind you - I always put some in the washer to try and cut down on the packing :)

wicket2005
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I would take some warmer clothes for yourself and hubbie. It is a bit cold there at the moment first thing.

Snowy-girls
12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Gem in case i don't get on nearer the time of your trip i would like to wish you all a safe flight(and i hope the 4hrs does'nt drag)and a fantastic holiday+hope Harley has a wonderful birthday at Chef Mickey's,we really enjoyed it there :thumbsup2.
I don't see plasters,savlon,calpol etc..on your list-just an idea :goodvibes.x.

wideeyes
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I was wondering about a winter coat? are you taking winter coats? I haven't a clue if I will need too.

T16GEM
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I was wondering about a winter coat? are you taking winter coats? I haven't a clue if I will need too.

We will be travelling in them so will have them with us anyway!

Gem in case i don't get on nearer the time of your trip i would like to wish you all a safe flight(and i hope the 4hrs does'nt drag)and a fantastic holiday+hope Harley has a wonderful birthday at Chef Mickey's,we really enjoyed it there :thumbsup2.
I don't see plasters,savlon,calpol etc..on your list-just an idea :goodvibes.x.

Thanks hun :hug: Got the calpol etc - just forgot to put it on the list :upsidedow

That's some list - I agree with your DH about packing a bit lighter - mind you - I always put some in the washer to try and cut down on the packing :)

That is me packing light! :lmao:

great packing list, has given me some idea of what to pack.:) I completely forgot about the plug adapter.

not long to go now.:yay:

:banana: I know great isn't it!!!

I would take some warmer clothes for yourself and hubbie. It is a bit cold there at the moment first thing.

I went out on Thursday and bought myself some new cargo trousers that you can roll up to make cut offs when it warms up :)

Mrs Doubtfire
01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you're set to go now:thumbsup2

mark&sue
01-30-2010, 06:01 AM
wanted to read this before reading the trip report, so now im off to reading the real thing yay.