PDA

View Full Version : best transfer option?

*Briar_Rose*
08-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Was wondering if anyone could offer any words of wisdom on what might be the best transfer option for us on our trip in September.

We're flying into CDG and our flight is scheduled to land at 20.00 at terminal 3, its myself and my 6 year old and we're taking hand luggage only.

Some of the reports I've read of the bus (VEA?), sound quite nightmarish with not being able to get a seat etc, and I quite like the idea of only a 10 minute train journey but I have some reservations. 1- getting from terminal 3 to the train station, how easy is it and how long is it likely to take? 2- getting from the train station to our hotel, 3- safety, its just my daughter and I, and we're going the end of September so it will be darkish I think, from those who have used the train how safe would you feel?

I'm not sure how the two options compare price wise either.

For our return flight we depart at 20.40.

A Small World
08-08-2009, 10:11 AM
your other option will be a private transfer - it might work out slightly more expensive if there are only 2 of you but you will be picked up at the terminal where you land and drop off at the hotel

Roon
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Hello, we have only ever used the VEA. Not had any problems on this in three years. However, if I were a braver person, I would probably try to use the train as others have mentioned in the past.

I like to know though that I have my tickets and we will be looked after and get to the right place.

mommy2ash
08-08-2009, 10:20 AM
i have always used a private transfer. i cant do with hanging around waiting. a cheaper option would be a shared transfer.

FiFi Rose
08-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I would book a shared transfer. The last VEA is at 7.45pm so you would miss it anyway.

DLPdaft
08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
You could easily do the train, with your DD and hand luggage. You need to check if there are suitable train times for you though, otherwise you could find yourself hanging about for quite a while at the train station at terminal 2. Check train times and fares on the rail europe site.

If you're considering the train, you do really need to leave yourself about an hour, between your arrival time at terminal 3, and your TGV train departure time from CDG to Marne la Vallee.

Its easy enough to do though - there is a free internal tram service (the CDGVal) between all the terminals and the train station at terminal 2. This runs every 15 minutes or so, all through the day and evening. Everything is very well signposted for the CDGVal.

If the TGV times were more frequent, I'd take the TGV from CDG to DLRP every time with my DD and hand luggage. Usually though, I find that our flight arrival times don't coincide with a lot of TGV trains out from CDG, so we often end up taking the VEA from CDG to DLRP, and always get the TGV back from DRLP to CDG, as that gives us a good extra hour in the parks over other transport methods, on our return journey.

Hope this helps :),

manxtatt2
08-08-2009, 10:34 AM
we are using parishuttle through easyjet, works out about same price as vea

:cool1: