PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to bounceback for Free Dining next year.

disneychick0412
08-07-2009, 11:58 PM
We will be at Disney the last week of September and if they are offering the bounceback for next year's free dining we may go ahead and book. What I'm looking for is someone that is going during the beginning of free dining to report back to those of us at home, letting us know the dates/details for next year (if it is offered).

Also, if there is a thread of people waiting for this same thing, please point me in the that direction!!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

flea1267
08-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm joining you in your quest for Free Dining 2010 :goodvibes

NC State
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Me too, free dining for '09 starts pretty soon so I'm sure we will hear about any bounce-backs for '10.

Mommytobree
08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Another one here hoping for free dining bounce backs!

SGMCO
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
A heads up would be nice.:thumbsup2
I hope FD will be offered next year for mid-August like this year
or even earlier.

ShellyLynn3630
08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Me too. Free Dining 2010. I just wonder if they will upgrade any of the values again next year. We are going to book CSR I believe, but I wonder about the possibility of booking two different ressies in hoping of getting a value one upgraded.:rotfl::rotfl:

disneychick0412
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Me too. Free Dining 2010. I just wonder if they will upgrade any of the values again next year. We are going to book CSR I believe, but I wonder about the possibility of booking two different ressies in hoping of getting a value one upgraded.:rotfl::rotfl:

We got the free upgrade (after calling back for a week, waiting for something to be available). I wonder if they might have the QSD plan for the values (free) next year instead of the regular plan. I have always wanted to stay at CBR, so if I have to stay at a mod next year to get the regular dining plan for free, I probably will do that. I guess you could say I'm looking for an excuse to pay the extra for a mod vs value! ;)

We are really excited about our free upgrade! It was unexpected, but then disappointing when I first called and there was nothing available! Finally we got it though!! And a 1 bedroom instead of a studio!! :woohoo:

ShellyLynn3630
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM
The values can be fun, but I am really wanting to move it up a notch. We could use a little more room, and the pools will be much better I do think. I don't know about how they will do the free dining for next year, I know assuming it will be there, I think that eventually it will be tiered even during September, but not so sure about it in 2010. The economy may still be in bad shape and that may justify not doing it tired with the hotels then. IMHO.

disneychick0412
08-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Who knows what they will do?? :confused3 I love the values!! :love:
There are just two of us, so space is not an issue. I'm so excited about our SSR upgrade, but not as excited at the limited food court menu and small gift shop, when I am used to the many options at the value resorts. I assume with the poor economy they will offer some form of free dining.

When does free dining begin?? Next week??? Maybe then the reports for bounceback will show up!! :surfweb:

klmspotter
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Hoping for bounceback free dining sept 2010 last time in 2007 they offered it but we were not prepared to book then but I have already put it the budget for this year

disneychick0412
08-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Hoping for bounceback free dining sept 2010 last time in 2007 they offered it but we were not prepared to book then but I have already put it the budget for this year

This is exactly what I am doing. I don't know why, but I am obsessed with knowing what the bounceback will be!! I guess it is the plan-aholic in me!! :rotfl: Since this trip is already planned.......ADR's made..........I don't have any thing else to do except sit back and wait for the trip to happen!

Reese
08-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Waiting too. My brother is getting married next Sept but their not sure of the date yet:confused3, I told them I need the date before we leave for Disney. I'm anticipating booking bounceback FD while we're there:thumbsup2.

chabs
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I am planning on booking it too-I'm already looking at the calendar to see when we are going next year and we haven't even left for this year's trip yet!

2manypets
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to help DH come to terms with the fact that we're going to WDW again next year, especially if we get a Bounceback offer.:lmao:

WriteDisney
08-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Count me in! We got the offer last year for this year and hope to see it again. If anyone gets it, please post! We're definitely going to ask again this year if we don't get the flyer... we ended up having to call the front desk, then housekeeping, and then check with the front desk again to get the flyer.. You'll at least here from us, but that may be too late!

cheesekate2005
08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I am hoping to hear about bounceback free dining too!

leeann32
08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
We will be ready to book the bounceback too! I'm hoping to try for August of 2010 before the kids go back to school. We usually go in September. August can't be too much different?:confused3
It's almost time!!!:cool1:

VroomVroomLightning
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Could someone please explain to me how bounceback offers work? I know you are offered them at your stay for this year, but how long do you have to accept the offer? Just looking for any information you can give! TIA!

cheesekate2005
08-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Was the bounceback offer for this year's free dining the same as the original free dining offer for August/September? (Same dates/same free meal plan - not tiered?) Thanks !

disneychick0412
08-13-2009, 07:24 AM
You have to "accept" the offer and put down the $200 deposit before you check out. And I am pretty sure that last years bounceback was not tiered. (someone correct me if I am wrong) :goodvibes

iluvwesties
08-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Count me in :goodvibes

Just counting the days till my first FD trip popcorn::

#1Disfann
08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
I've booked the bounceback the last 2 years and am hoping for it again! Last year the dining offer was not tiered and was valid for check-ins 8/23/09 thru 10/01/09...The flyer also said to ask about other offers for stays from October 2 - 8th!

I'm looking my old flyer right now! I knew I saved it for a reason! :lmao:

I leave in 13 days and hope I hear something soon!!

VroomVroomLightning
08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
You have to "accept" the offer and put down the $200 deposit before you check out. And I am pretty sure that last years bounceback was not tiered. (someone correct me if I am wrong) :goodvibes

Is it usually a percentage off what you paid this time? And can you bounceback and get and upgrade to a different resort or do you have to stay with the same one?

#1Disfann
08-13-2009, 08:18 AM
The offer the last two years (the Aug/Sept bounceback offer) has been to book at least a 3 night package and you then got the regular dining plan for free....Other offers were for percentages off but not during the Aug/Sept timeframe. In the past you were able to book it at any resort with availibility not just the one you were staying at. HTH

cheesekate2005
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Thanks! I can't wait to hear what this year's offer is. I am hoping for a free dining trip next year (we had to skip this year:mad:) and the next year too! I am hoping that hearing what this year's bounceback offer is will guide me through my early planning.

dznyacct
08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I leave in 37 days for my 4th free dining trip :). I've already warned my friend that I'm going with, that I'm bringing my September 2010 calendar with me for planning purposes :wizard:.

disneychick0412
08-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I leave in 37 days for my 4th free dining trip :). I've already warned my friend that I'm going with, that I'm bringing my September 2010 calendar with me for planning purposes :wizard:.

Me too!! I've never planned a trip while on a trip before!! I'll be excited as we pull away this year that next year is already booked!!

I'm glad I have you all to hang out with while we wait!! :goodvibes

VroomVroomLightning
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I just thought of a question about bounceback, Is it offered to anyone staying at a Disney resort during the time it is being offered? Does everyone have the opportunity to book it or just certain people?

#1Disfann
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
In the past it was offered to everyone who was staying at a Disney resort during eligible dates and I can't imagine that they would change that.

Some people apparently didn't get the promotional flyer left in their room, but the Disney Resort TV channel showed the ad and I think it was even printed at the bottom of some receipts.

HTH :goodvibes

eeyorepixie
08-15-2009, 06:55 AM
We have our Bounceback trip in 8 days, but the public FD started earlier. I have to say this ticked me off a bit(already had my plane tix)! I would have totally done earlier dates. I want to book bounceback, but I am a bit leary.

My hopes is that the economy will play a role and the bounceback dates will be around the same time as the public FD date.

I hope there are reports of flyers appearing in rooms this week!!!;)

disneychick0412
08-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I hope there are reports of flyers appearing in rooms this week!!!;)

Me too! Me too! :cheer2::cheer2: What day does FD start??? Since I knew we were going in September, I was not concerned with the August dates, and can't remember them!!

ZeroToHero
08-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Free dining starts tomorrow.

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Free dining is being offered as bounceback. Dates are 8/15-9/30. Regular DDP for a mod or deluxe, not sure on value. Our flier was in our room friday and it was available to book today.

disneychick0412
08-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Free dining is being offered as bounceback. Dates are 8/15-9/30. Regular DDP for a mod or deluxe, not sure on value. Our flier was in our room friday and it was available to book today.

Yippee!! Thanks!! :goodvibes Any chance you have a copy of the flier so we can see what it looks like??? :confused:

#1Disfann
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes...do you have a pic? It doesn't say anything about the values??:confused3 Awesome to hear but I need more...must have more detail! LOL :lmao:

disneychick0412
08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes...do you have a pic? It doesn't say anything about the values??:confused3 Awesome to hear but I need more...must have more detail! LOL :lmao:

I was starting to feel bad about asking for a pic...........LOL!! My DH teases me because I always need details :rotfl: I should have known that I was not the only one who would want to know more!! :lmao:

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
No scanner... best I can do. We were staying mod so that may be why it didn't mention values.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/DK_Luver/P8160030.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/DK_Luver/P8160031.jpg

cheesekate2005
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for the update!

#1Disfann
08-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the pic! Now to work on the DH...:lmao::rotfl2::eek::rolleyes1

VroomVroomLightning
08-16-2009, 07:49 PM
So this is only a free dining offer? Or is there also a savings on the rooms too?

DizzyStitch
08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm still hoping that the same will be offered for the Values. Does anyone remember the prices per person from last year? Our whole group is now adults. I even paid for my 9 year old to be an adult this year so she could have choices. If I have to go moderate I will and I bet my family will love the extra space. But then I have to start obsessing over which moderate! Any votes for favorites?

#1Disfann
08-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm still hoping that the same will be offered for the Values. Does anyone remember the prices per person from last year? Our whole group is now adults. I even paid for my 9 year old to be an adult this year so she could have choices. If I have to go moderate I will and I bet my family will love the extra space. But then I have to start obsessing over which moderate! Any votes for favorites?

OK! I have my flyer from last year and for the daily breakdown it shows 58.00 a day per person, based on a family of 4 in a standard VALUE room, Total package price 1390.00, a savings of 654.00, 5 nights, 6 days

AND

74.00 a day, per person based on a family of 4 in a standard MODERATE room, total package price 1764.00, a savings of 654.00

Now that the prices vary on day of the week I notice they use certain days in their example so those rates will change based on your days of the week.

HTH!

DizzyStitch
08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't like the new pricing at all. I know they wanted to start that in 09. So I guess we got in one more year without it. Our trip is getting tougher as the kids get older. I wanted to start going in August, but now my middle schooler is doing Volleyball and that starts up the beginning of August. So now our vacation window is the middle of June thru July if I try to not have the kids miss school and I have a job that keeps me from going anywhere for about 7 workdays per month. But on the flip side I can still afford to go to Disney. So I am pretty darn happy. I just need a deal:) I am an accountant after all.

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 08:36 PM

We've only stayed CSR and POR so far. Love love LOVE CSR... didn't like POR. Will try others but we loved CSR so much we keep going there. Bonus is it has a really great fitness center! And I love that it's like 3 resorts in 1! :)

DizzyStitch
08-16-2009, 08:42 PM
We've only stayed CSR and POR so far. Love love LOVE CSR... didn't like POR. Will try others but we loved CSR so much we keep going there. Bonus is it has a really great fitness center! And I love that it's like 3 resorts in 1! :)
A fitness center? Really? Is there an extra charge? Since we returned from Disney last year I have managed to lose 29 pounds and get back my weight watchers lifetime membership. That could be something to sway me over to the Mod side:)

disneychick0412
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Anyone notice that it only mentions WL and AKL on the deluxe side??? Not sure if that is the way it is normally worded or not.

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Dup

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
A fitness center? Really? Is there an extra charge? Since we returned from Disney last year I have managed to lose 29 pounds and get back my weight watchers lifetime membership. That could be something to sway me over to the Mod side:)

No charge to use the machines...just show your card. There is a charge for massages and personal fitness training. The fitness center is really nice with newer treadmills. Didn't check out the other stuff. It is in the casitas section so you would want to stay there to be nearest. Ranchos is 2nd nearest to it.

Also the rooms are refurbed and are gorgeous... with flat screen televisions

TifffanyD
08-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Anyone notice that it only mentions WL and AKL on the deluxe side??? Not sure if that is the way it is normally worded or not.

WL and AKL are the cheapest deluxes so that allows them to advertise the lowest price point for a deluxe. Kind of sneaky, but still true

disneychick0412
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
WL and AKL are the cheapest deluxes so that allows them to advertise the lowest price point for a deluxe. Kind of sneaky, but still true

Silly me, I should have realized!!

disneycrazy2004
08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Any offers on the value resorts?

Disneymom3304
08-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I may be crazy or just very hopeful, but can I just use the code when booking the deal or did I need to stay during the free dining window. I know its called a bounceback deal, but a girl can hope!:rolleyes: Any info would be greatly appreciated:worship:

shopn24seven
08-16-2009, 10:15 PM
WOW....FD and BB??? Holy Moly.
I wonder if that is only for value rooms?
We just left our AKL and the BB did NOT include FD.

Seahunt
08-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I may be crazy or just very hopeful, but can I just use the code when booking the deal or did I need to stay during the free dining window. I know its called a bounceback deal, but a girl can hope!:rolleyes: Any info would be greatly appreciated:worship:

No, sorry you have to be currently staying at a WDW resort to book the FD BB, and they DO check their records to ensure that you are a present guest at a resort. Prior stays don't count, and you have to book before checking out with a $200 deposit down.

But you do have between now and October 24 to stay at a WDW resort and book the FD BB - and some people not doing the FD this year will actually drive or fly down for even a one night room-only stay just to be able to book FD for next year (especially if they have some unused airline miles) :thumbsup2

disneycrazy2004
08-16-2009, 11:03 PM

I am pretty sure you have be staying on site in order to book the bounce back. they did check our reservation when we booked the bounce back last year!

tine413
08-16-2009, 11:22 PM
hey i am new to all this stuff i am staying at cbr sep 13-18 well i get the bb offer i hope so:cool1: can some please tell me a little more about it thank u!!:wizard:

catne
08-17-2009, 12:12 AM
hey i am new to all this stuff i am staying at cbr sep 13-18 well i get the bb offer i hope so:cool1: can some please tell me a little more about it thank u!!:wizard:

yes, it will be in all the rooms...if by chance you don't see that flyer in your room, ask at the check-in desk of your hotel. You do have to book before you check out (call from your hotel room is the easiest way.) Or you can ask a maid if you see them going by with their cart of supplies...they usually have more flyers on their cart to replace ones that guests have taken or thrown away.

tine413
08-17-2009, 12:25 AM
thank you:thumbsup2 the only things is my mother wants to pay for our trip next year for dd b-day and she might be coming in place of dh can i give her all the info or get he cc numbers and do it that way has anyone done that??

figment82
08-17-2009, 01:48 AM
I'd love to know if anyone was able to ask about different dates or if it has to be used during the August/September time-frame. (I know in the past, even though the flyer has said ask about other dates, there's really only been deals for August/September for free dining. BUT I thought this year with the economy, a girl could dream ;))

Also, does anyone know if you can book multiple rooms with bounceback? I know you have to be there. But for instance, DH and I are going in September and would like to book several rooms for next year - can we do that, as long as we pay the deposit for each room?

lacrosse_lady72
08-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks TifffanyD!

I remember last year, people who stayed at a mod didn't have value on their flyer either... I don't think they want people to downgrade.

But I am curious as to what the value offer is... is it like the the Sep-Dec deal they have now where QSDP is offered for the values only... I hope not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the deal is :)

eeyorepixie
08-17-2009, 06:16 AM
we need a report from someone who tried to book a value bounceback and find out what kind of DDP they got, if they could book.

I have stayed at POR 2 times, would like to stay somewhere else. I was thinking of doing a family suite at a value to switch thing up a bit.

So please post info!!!!:worship:

DizzyStitch
08-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks TifffanyD!

I remember last year, people who stayed at a mod didn't have value on their flyer either... I don't think they want people to downgrade.

But I am curious as to what the value offer is... is it like the the Sep-Dec deal they have now where QSDP is offered for the values only... I hope not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the deal is :)
I did some quick calculations but I do believe that based on 2009 rates to upgrade to DDP from QSDP during the Oct to Dec promo, it is still cheaper to upgrade at the values then to go to the Mods. Make sure you do your math and research on this one.

SGMCO
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I hope that since a BB is being offered now that there will
be an offer in April again. :goodvibes
I need some pixie dust
:tinker:

lacrosse_lady72
08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I did some quick calculations but I do believe that based on 2009 rates to upgrade to DDP from QSDP during the Oct to Dec promo, it is still cheaper to upgrade at the values then to go to the Mods. Make sure you do your math and research on this one.

Yes, I did those calculations also :) We probably won't be going in September again this year but if the regular DDP isn't offered for the values, it will seal the deal in not going then. If we have to pay more to upgrade, it gets to the point that it's not worth it especially since the weather that time of the year is the WORST!

I think we're just going to stay in December hopefully on AP discount or general public discount and pay for dining OOP.

If it is offered to the values then maybe we'll go in September... maybe. I really wish it was extended further into October.

pooch
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I am tentatively planning next year's Mother/daughter trip (if she'll put up with me again!) for AKL. I've always wanted to stay there & haven't because I feel guilty that only DD & I go. But I think I'm getting over the guilt & will book AKL on the BB.

lisam427
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM
if u are a resort guest there is no charge to use the fitness center. ive been reading up on csr as we might go there next year. it also has a place where u can get your hair done or a massage. it has the amenities of a deluxe at a moderate price. the place looks absolutely beautiful.

eeyorepixie
08-17-2009, 05:37 PM
for me because we are a family of 5 getting a value room with counter service would be more expensive than a mod, due to the family suite price.

So I really need to know if value are included and if is Counter Service or not.

Colleen27
08-17-2009, 07:14 PM

A lot of their promos are worded hat way, so that they can quote the absolute lowest deluxe price. With a $170 difference between a standard room at WL and one at GF, the promotional material looks a lot more impressive with the WL/AKL pricing example under the deluxe level!

pixie_mtl
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
I stayed at POR last year and this was the offer I got in the room :

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_HEOYb1_E3ZY/SLHnkj9jcqI/AAAAAAAABAE/E0jtczkqYhQ/s512/free%20dine1.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_HEOYb1_E3ZY/SLHnk6XNsfI/AAAAAAAABAM/o66VaYRro8o/free%20dine2.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_HEOYb1_E3ZY/SLHnlEzhr5I/AAAAAAAABAU/utPH8pZVw94/free%20dine3.jpg

You'll notice that there's only mention for the Moderate and Deluxe resort. But when I called and inquired about the Value resorts the same offer applied (standard dining). I'm hoping Disney will do the same this year

DizzyStitch
08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
There's hope alive still for the Values! I really like staying at Pop. I am not sure why. Maybe just because it was the first place I took my girls:) I have some money stashed away for college and if they don't need it we are going to do a really nice girls only trip in about 10 years. I am hoping!

catne
08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
thank you:thumbsup2 the only things is my mother wants to pay for our trip next year for dd b-day and she might be coming in place of dh can i give her all the info or get he cc numbers and do it that way has anyone done that??

don't know if they'll let you do it that way or not, but seems like it may work...I do know that the bounceback reservation has to be ireserved for next year in the name of the person who is registered to the room at the time you make the bounceback...I suppose they could register it in your name & use her credit card to pay the deposit (you have to give a $200 package deposit at the time you book the bounceback reservation.)

VroomVroomLightning
08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Can you add an additional person to the reservation at a later date than when you book the bouncebacks? We want to book the bounceback but I have to convince my brother and sister in law to let me bring my nephew with me next year! So can I add him a few months from now or would I have to put him on the reservation when I make it? Or would it be easier to add him and then take him off later on?

DizzyStitch
08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Can you add an additional person to the reservation at a later date than when you book the bouncebacks? We want to book the bounceback but I have to convince my brother and sister in law to let me bring my nephew with me next year! So can I add him a few months from now or would I have to put him on the reservation when I make it? Or would it be easier to add him and then take him off later on?
I had five people one year and dropped a person later in the year for a bounce back. But I seem to remember being told that you could get charged at some point if the cost of the package goes down, but there is no charge when your cost goes up. Just double check when you book.

michygoomy
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I think this question was asked but not answered--can we book more than 1 room during bounceback? We need 2 ourselves, but we had also planned a Grand Gathering for next summer.

TIA

Colleen27
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM
You'll notice that there's only mention for the Moderate and Deluxe resort. But when I called and inquired about the Value resorts the same offer applied (standard dining). I'm hoping Disney will do the same this year

That might be a big advantage for folks bouncing back to the values this year, if the GP offer for next summer mirrors the fall/winter tiered free dining offer.

Lilmattie13
08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
We are going in Sept on a bounceback from last year and are hoping to do another trip next year. My husband and I celebrate our anniversary without the kids there. I am hoping to do a shorter trip next year at the same time in Sept however we are looking to take the whole family down the week after Thanksgiving.

If the free dining is like this year that will be wonderful as we would want to do the dining plan anyhow. I wonder if they would book two bouncebacks for me at the same time with the same free dining offer. I wonder if they know in advance if the dining period for next year will extend into Dec like it is this year. I would be so thrilled to book the two trips and be done worrying and looking for deals throughout the whole year.

Our bounceback last year gave only specific dates until the end of Sept but then they turned around and offered the free dining into Dec of this year. But I know originally it wasnt listed like that on our bounceback offer in our room.

I guess I will have to see when I get down there and try. :confused3

Seahunt
08-17-2009, 11:03 PM
I think this question was asked but not answered--can we book more than 1 room during bounceback? We need 2 ourselves, but we had also planned a Grand Gathering for next summer.

TIA

Not sure about this year yet, but in previous years only guests actually staying at a WDW resort were allowed to book a BB during their stay, and you had to book and deposit before checking out. They did verify that you were currently a registered guest at the time of booking.

So you couldn't book for other people but I have read posts where the DW booked a BB and DH booked another BB so they could have 2 rooms. Of course, that's two reservations and so two deposits ($400).

Sorry but JMO your grand gathering group will probably have to wait to book their rooms until Free Dining is announced for everyone to book. With this economy you should aways try though!

:cutie:

Kat73
08-17-2009, 11:04 PM
So I'm curious and don't see that this has been answered or not..... is this BB offer just FD, or did they tack a room discount on somewhere? Anyone from past years done the math? Sort of new to the whole FD thing.

My next 'big' trip in 2010 is SUPPOSED to be somewhere NEW to me, not Disney, BUT.... if the deal is even better than this year.... :) :wizard:

lacrosse_lady72
08-18-2009, 06:57 AM
So I'm curious and don't see that this has been answered or not..... is this BB offer just FD, or did they tack a room discount on somewhere? Anyone from past years done the math? Sort of new to the whole FD thing.

My next 'big' trip in 2010 is SUPPOSED to be somewhere NEW to me, not Disney, BUT.... if the deal is even better than this year.... :) :wizard:

You are only allowed to book bounceback while you are currently staying at a Disney resort, you must book it from your hotel room so you won't be able to take advantage of it anyway.

But... no, there isn't a room discount on top of the FD. It's a part of what you have to book is that the room must be booked at the full room rate.

ncmomof2
08-18-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd love to know if anyone was able to ask about different dates or if it has to be used during the August/September time-frame. (I know in the past, even though the flyer has said ask about other dates, there's really only been deals for August/September for free dining. BUT I thought this year with the economy, a girl could dream ;))

Also, does anyone know if you can book multiple rooms with bounceback? I know you have to be there. But for instance, DH and I are going in September and would like to book several rooms for next year - can we do that, as long as we pay the deposit for each room?

If you and your husband are going, you can book two rooms for next year. One in his name and one in your name. There will be two $200 deposits due at the time of booking. We did this last year so that my parents could join us. The reservations are kind of a mess since my hubby and I are not in a room together but it will work out fine. We just need to remember what card opens what door!

wisconsinmom
08-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Has anyone been successful after check out. We checked out of POFQ on the 16th. I would have booked had I recieved the flier. We are still at WDW but staying on DVC points now. Wondering if it is worth my time to call and plead my case. Thanks!

TifffanyD
08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Has anyone been successful after check out. We checked out of POFQ on the 16th. I would have booked had I recieved the flier. We are still at WDW but staying on DVC points now. Wondering if it is worth my time to call and plead my case. Thanks!

Shouldn't it work since you are staying there, even if it is on points? Just give them your DVC reservation number

Kat73
08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
You are only allowed to book bounceback while you are currently staying at a Disney resort, you must book it from your hotel room so you won't be able to take advantage of it anyway.

But... no, there isn't a room discount on top of the FD. It's a part of what you have to book is that the room must be booked at the full room rate.

Thank you for answering my question but as you can see by my ticker I am going to be in WDW for FD in just a few weeks. This is my first year going to FD so I'm not up on all the BB offers. I don't get where you thought I was trying to take advantage of a BB without being at a resort? :confused3

angelle
08-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Has anyone reported back from the values on the BB promotion. We arrive on 9/5(POP) and will book the BB again if the free dining is still the table service meals. I am not interested in the quick service plan and I don't want to stay at a moderate. If anyone at disney now knows yet please post, thanks.

disneycrazy2004
08-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Has anyone reported back from the values on the BB promotion. We arrive on 9/5(POP) and will book the BB again if the free dining is still the table service meals. I am not interested in the quick service plan and I don't want to stay at a moderate. If anyone at disney now knows yet please post, thanks.

I would love to now that as well. We will be there on Aug 29th at the POP

StuckInKS
08-18-2009, 01:08 PM

As of now, we don't check in until Oct.3. I wonder, since the BB offers are until Sept.30, if they will still offer it to those checking in on Oct. 1, 2 and 3?

Also, we were thinking about switching to check in on Oct.10 and upgrading to a mod to keep our free DDP. I wonder if a BB will be offered for the second round of freee dining?

Tarheel girl 1975
08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
As of now, we don't check in until Oct.3. I wonder, since the BB offers are until Sept.30, if they will still offer it to those checking in on Oct. 1, 2 and 3?

Also, we were thinking about switching to check in on Oct.10 and upgrading to a mod to keep our free DDP. I wonder if a BB will be offered for the second round of freee dining?

Last year we stayed at Pop October 2nd-7th. It was after free dining had ended, but there was still a FD bounceback offer in our room. We were able to book for POR (although we upgraded to BWI after getting a 40% pin.)

Seahunt
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM

The FD BB flyer the offers expires for bookings on October 24, so you should have no problems booking when you are there at the first of the month :goodvibes

Edited to better explain - the flyer/offer will be in the resort guests rooms until October 24.

StuckInKS
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
The FD BB flyer the offers expires for bookings on October 24, so you should have no problems booking when you are there at the first of the month :goodvibes

Edited to better explain - the flyer/offer will be in the resort guests rooms until October 24.

Okay, so we should be good either way. Thanks!

Someone posted a flyer with a quote of $75/pp/pn based on a family of 4. What if we book a POR room that allows 5? Do they add on another $75/pn or do they just calculate in another set of tix (making it about $70/pp/pn)?

Either way, it seems to be less than what I calculated for us at POR during FD this year (if we move to check in on 10/10). Are the room rates cheaper with this BB offer? Maybe I am calculating wrong.

shopn24seven
08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Was just chatting with a CM and he said that FDBB offer is RARE.

I think the FD is a good deal for large families.

purplebelle
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Are bounce-back offers one-paged flyers that are left in resort rooms? I think I remember them from previous visits but never took much notice.

marcielm
08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Are bounce-back offers one-paged flyers that are left in resort rooms? I think I remember them from previous visits but never took much notice.

Yes they are.

wisconsinmom
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Shouldn't it work since you are staying there, even if it is on points? Just give them your DVC reservation number

I called today and was able to book it! Yay!

Gr8t Fan
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I called today and was able to book it! Yay!

Glad it worked out for you! :thumbsup2

pooch
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Was just chatting with a CM and he said that FDBB offer is RARE.

I think the FD is a good deal for large families.

as we've gotten it the last two years and, now, again this year. Seems pretty standard to me.

angelle
08-18-2009, 05:43 PM

Anyone know about this yet?

lacrosse_lady72
08-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank you for answering my question but as you can see by my ticker I am going to be in WDW for FD in just a few weeks. This is my first year going to FD so I'm not up on all the BB offers. I don't get where you thought I was trying to take advantage of a BB without being at a resort? :confused3

Oh, sorry. I was only looking at the list of stays you had, whoops... I didn't know you were going during FD.

disneyworldmomma
08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
:idea:How about this what if one of you wonderful people staying at a mod. or delx. now who booked the bb already called and just asked if it's going to be offered at the values next year and let all us nutty people stuck at home stressing:headache: know for sure i wonder if they'd tell you;)

TifffanyD
08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
:idea:How about this what if one of you wonderful people staying at a mod. or delx. now who booked the bb already called and just asked if it's going to be offered at the values next year and let all us nutty people stuck at home stressing:headache: know for sure i wonder if they'd tell you;)

I would, but I'd be too worried they'd somehow screw up my reservation! Each time it's touched is an opportunity for a mistake, kwim?

angelle
08-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I would, but I'd be too worried they'd somehow screw up my reservation! Each time it's touched is an opportunity for a mistake, kwim?

I know what you mean, thanks for responding. I'll patiently wait:cutie: till someone from a value does BB and reports on it. If not on 9/5 when I check in POP I'll let everyone know.

pixie_mtl
08-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I know what you mean, thanks for responding. I'll patiently wait:cutie: till someone from a value does BB and reports on it. If not on 9/5 when I check in POP I'll let everyone know.

I don't see why it should be any different for Values really. On the flyer this year it does mention that you can inquire about other hotel categorie to have this special.

Last year I stayed at the POR and when I got the FD BB flyer in my room I called and book for the Pop Century and got the standard free-dine on my resie. So it shouldn't be any different this year IMO. :)

Goofy22
08-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I think by Friday or Saturday we will see something on here about what the value offer is. If not if someone wants to PM there cell number and I can text you when I arrive! I won't have internet access But i'll have my cell !I arrive Monday Morning! :thumbsup2

Gr8t Fan
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't see why it should be any different for Values really. On the flyer this year it does mention that you can inquire about other hotel categorie to have this special.

Last year I stayed at the POR and when I got the FD BB flyer in my room I called and book for the Pop Century and got the standard free-dine on my resie. So it shouldn't be any different this year IMO. :)

But some of the FD pins lately have offered free QSDP for Values and regular DDP for Moderates. Also the Brits have always had to book at least a Mod for free DDP. It will be interesting to see what is offered.

Mel6197
08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Will Values get Free Quick Service and Mods get Reg. Dining..

Let me put it this way for My family.. Free== FREE so either Full service or Value is Fine for me. Saves my family of 4 TONS of money. The thought of having to pay for food makes me cringe, This year we are doing a Room only for 2 days at Corando just to try it out before we go over to Sports for our Free Dining Package for 14 days, and having to pay for food for 2 days BITES!! LOL

I hope they never stop giving free dining..

kimblebee
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
I leave in just over 3 weeks for 8 nights at POP :goodvibes

I want to take advantage of the FDBB if it is offered. I can ONLY book the package for people who are with me at the time, right? I have a friend who is talking about bringing her family down at the same time we go next year. Can I add her to the FDBB as well? I think the answer is no but I want to make sure. Thanks

focusondisney
08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi all!

Going to try to book a bounce back rate for the first time next month. We may be joined next year by DD & DSIL. I know I can book 1 room in my name & 1 in DH's name. But we may want to do a split stay:4 night mod & 3 nights deluxe. Can I book 2 ressies each? example: 1room each @ POR then 1 room each@ YC & get the free dining bounce back rate for each. Anyone ever done this? I know this would mean 4 seperate deposits, but that is just less to pay next year!

Thanks for your help!!:)

Gr8t Fan
08-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi all!

Going to try to book a bounce back rate for the first time next month. We may be joined next year by DD & DSIL. I know I can book 1 room in my name & 1 in DH's name. But we may want to do a split stay:4 night mod & 3 nights deluxe. Can I book 2 ressies each? example: 1room each @ POR then 1 room each@ YC & get the free dining bounce back rate for each. Anyone ever done this? I know this would mean 4 seperate deposits, but that is just less to pay next year!

Thanks for your help!!:)

Your packages would also have to include at least 1 day tix for each segment.

focusondisney
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Your packages would also have to include at least 1 day tix for each segment.

Thanks! Yep, I do know that. I don't mind buying extra ticket. My DH & I will be going this Sept. & Dec so we will get AP's which we would also use on that trip & save the passes purchased with bounce back for future use. I would get 1 day passes & after we get there upgrade DD & DSIL 's passes for the first ressie to include enough days for the whole stay.

But it sounds like I could do 2 seperate resssies for each of us , tho, right? I can't believe I have 2 trips booked now & I'm already trying to plan a third!!:rotfl: I need a new hobby!!

skater
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Will Values get Free Quick Service and Mods get Reg. Dining..

Let me put it this way for My family.. Free== FREE so either Full service or Value is Fine for me. Saves my family of 4 TONS of money. The thought of having to pay for food makes me cringe, This year we are doing a Room only for 2 days at Corando just to try it out before we go over to Sports for our Free Dining Package for 14 days, and having to pay for food for 2 days BITES!! LOL

I hope they never stop giving free dining..

Paying for food at Disney is awful :goodvibes. I took my DS in June for a quick trip and couldn't believe how much money I spent. I can't imagine the 5 of us going without free dining. I'm spoiled with free dining.

We have stayed at values and mods. I'm not sure if I would accept the quick service plan or not. If I start to feel that Disney is too exclusve, who knows? I've become spoiled by TS. Its a big part of the trip for us.

marcielm
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Paying for food at Disney is awful :goodvibes. I took my DS in June for a quick trip and couldn't believe how much money I spent. I can't imagine the 5 of us going without free dining. I'm spoiled with free dining.

We have stayed at values and mods. I'm not sure if I would accept the quick service plan or not. If I start to feel that Disney is too exclusve, who knows? I've become spoiled by TS. Its a big part of the trip for us.

I'm with you here... I can't believe that I'm going to be paying so much for dining for my family of 5 next March. I'm hoping for a great discount to help offset the costs! However, if I got a free QSP code, I'd swap and pay to upgrade on this next trip. For future trips I might just go with QSP because by then we might be more about the parks & less about the character meals. I could handle out of pocket for 1, maybe 2 meals.... just not all of them!

Goofy22
08-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I found this on another thread and thought I would post it!
Bounceback Info for VALUES! I have info!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...so after seeing all the torment and waiting here on the boards over the past day or two, I just had to find an answer!! ....I still have our card with the phone# from our bounceback offer this past June. I had DH call tonight. He told the CM he had friends coming down next week and staying at a value and he wanted to know what the current bounceback offer was for the values...was it QS or the Regular Dining Plan?

Per the CM tonight...he said it was the Regular Dining plan for the Values. I had DH ask him specifically are you SURE it is the Regular dining plan vs. the Quick Service and he said "It is not the QS, it is the Regular Dining Plan"

ALL THAT BEING SAID:
Anyone who had been on these boards for any amount of time knows that the consistency of the information is not always 100% from CM's. So PLEASE do not hold it against me if for some strange reason you get information otherwise... Hopefully this is good news for some!

angelle
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...so after seeing all the torment and waiting here on the boards over the past day or two, I just had to find an answer!! ....I still have our card with the phone# from our bounceback offer this past June. I had DH call tonight. He told the CM he had friends coming down next week and staying at a value and he wanted to know what the current bounceback offer was for the values...was it QS or the Regular Dining Plan?

Per the CM tonight...he said it was the Regular Dining plan for the Values. I had DH ask him specifically are you SURE it is the Regular dining plan vs. the Quick Service and he said "It is not the QS, it is the Regular Dining Plan"

ALL THAT BEING SAID:
Anyone who had been on these boards for any amount of time knows that the consistency of the information is not always 100% from CM's. So PLEASE do not hold it against me if for some strange reason you get information otherwise... Hopefully this is good news for some!

that sounds good I thought about calling also. Thanks for passing this on.

pixie_mtl
08-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks for posting this! If it happens to be true that is AWESOME!:goodvibes

Reese
08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Yah!!!:banana: I will make sure I have my dates worked out before we leave. Even if it turns out to be the QS I'de be happy. Free dining of any sort is enought to justify another trip:rotfl2:.

SewSweetMama
08-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Wow, this is going to be hard deal to pass up while we're there next month. DH will want to book the minute we walk in the door LOL.

I thought the deal we got just this week was unbelievable ...we're doing 8 nights at POP with free regular dining, added hopper and trip insurance and it was $1826 total. Of course, it's just DH, DS (3) and I. DD is only 2 so she's still a freebie :D

I'm so glad I came upon this site although it might take away from the kiddo's college deposits :rotfl2:

raven69david
08-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I just got a BB for WL/AKL yesterday (i checked out today and just returned home) for free dining 8/15/10-9/30/10 @ $96.00 per night with a 5 night / 6 day package. SSR and OKW were at $109.00 per person for the same dates.

Lilmattie13
08-23-2009, 01:50 AM
We are going down the end of Sept and I am hoping to possibly booking two BB if possible lol

My DH and I go the end of Sept for our anniversary. We go without the kids. It is our special trip so I would hate to give it up.

We are looking to shorten it to maybe a long weekend next Sept and possibly doing a trip the week after Thanksgiving with the whole family.

I am so hoping to scoop a free dining offer for that time frame. I know that this year they extended the free dining until Dec but not sure if that will be the case for next year.

I am hoping the CM I talk to when I book the BB can give me some insight or maybe even book both BB at the same time. Wow that would be super!! :banana:

I am not going to hold my breath though. Being a little realistic .

cheesekate2005
08-23-2009, 07:05 AM
I just got a BB for WL/AKL yesterday (i checked out today and just returned home) for free dining 8/15/10-9/30/10 @ $96.00 per night with a 5 night / 6 day package. SSR and OKW were at $109.00 per person for the same dates.

That seems like a generous room discount plus free dining...from what I have read, I didn''t think that this was done! Wow...that would be a deal I could not pass up! Has anyone else gotten this offer?

TifffanyD
08-23-2009, 07:22 AM
That seems like a generous room discount plus free dining...from what I have read, I didn''t think that this was done! Wow...that would be a deal I could not pass up! Has anyone else gotten this offer?

I think it is $96 per person per night based on 4 people (including room, tickets, etc). That is the offer I got. So it's not a room discount it just looks cheaper priced that way (that's why they do it)

CanadianPaco
08-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Well described! Thanks!:wizard:

ZeroToHero
08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
We are going down the end of Sept and I am hoping to possibly booking two BB if possible lol

My DH and I go the end of Sept for our anniversary. We go without the kids. It is our special trip so I would hate to give it up.

We are looking to shorten it to maybe a long weekend next Sept and possibly doing a trip the week after Thanksgiving with the whole family.

I am so hoping to scoop a free dining offer for that time frame. I know that this year they extended the free dining until Dec but not sure if that will be the case for next year.

I am hoping the CM I talk to when I book the BB can give me some insight or maybe even book both BB at the same time. Wow that would be super!! :banana:

I am not going to hold my breath though. Being a little realistic .

I doubt the Front Desk CM is going to know anything about bouncebacks/general public codes next year. It all depends on the economy.

I think the best you can do is book the September trip, and then wait until next year to find out what they're doing about November/December.

Also, this bounceback can't be applied to the second set of dates you have... (you probably knew that though, and wanted them booked under a different code?)

jgperkin
08-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Ok so from what I am seeing Mod are 75 per person a night and 96 per person at WL or AKL. Correct? What do they charge per night for a child?

We are 2 adults and 1 child age 6 by then....

96 times 3 is 288 SOOOOOO for 6 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge i am figuring 1728? Is that correct? If it is that is a GREAT deal!!!! I am assuming it includes basic park ticket too???????

Thanks to anyone who can answer my 100 hundred questions!:rotfl2:

ps I leave for Cor Springs on Tues! I will check out bb offer when I arrive!

wdwnomad
08-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok so from what I am seeing Mod are 75 per person a night and 96 per person at WL or AKL. Correct? What do they charge per night for a child?

We are 2 adults and 1 child age 6 by then....

96 times 3 is 288 SOOOOOO for 6 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge i am figuring 1728? Is that correct? If it is that is a GREAT deal!!!! I am assuming it includes basic park ticket too???????

Thanks to anyone who can answer my 100 hundred questions!:rotfl2:

ps I leave for Cor Springs on Tues! I will check out bb offer when I arrive!

Those are marketing numbers. I don't go by them. To get a package price, go to the Disney website and price out a package. Price out the resort(s) you want to stay at and the type of tickets you want. That will be your price but will also include the dining plan (just don't add the dining plan to your package pricing).

jgperkin
08-23-2009, 07:05 PM
So I went to disney site entered the dates in aug 2010 at akl with standard view and 6 day base ticket. (I didn't add dining onto package). It was like 2400! That is not even close to 96 per person per night! Bt the way I did 6 night 7 days. My calculations. 96 times 3. 2 adults 1 child. 288 * 6=. 1728. Don't think we will do that deal if its really the 2400

ZeroToHero
08-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I think, but could be wrong, I don't remember the exact wording of the BB offer - could it be that the BB only has 1 day tickets for everyone? That could make up the 700 dollar difference....

pixie_mtl
08-23-2009, 08:41 PM
So I went to disney site entered the dates in aug 2010 at akl with standard view and 6 day base ticket. (I didn't add dining onto package). It was like 2400! That is not even close to 96 per person per night! Bt the way I did 6 night 7 days. My calculations. 96 times 3. 2 adults 1 child. 288 * 6=. 1728. Don't think we will do that deal if its really the 2400

If you notice on the flyer there's an asterix mark (*)... here's the reason why you've been quoted differently. Hope that will help;):

*Price base on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child. The number of package available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.

disneymagicgirl
08-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I have been mostly on the cruise threads since our april visit to the world...since that is our next vacation.
SOOO glad I came over here for an update!
We were planning on going to the world again in 9/09. Now I can go ahead and book it when we are there for MNSSHP the night prior to our cruise. THat gives me a LOOONG time to pay it off!:banana:

klmspotter
08-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I plan on booking the bb when we get down there next Friday WooHoo I am going to disneyworld I feel like a 10 year old kid:cool1:

WriteDisney
08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
If you notice on the flyer there's an asterix mark (*)... here's the reason why you've been quoted differently. Hope that will help;):

*Price base on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child. The number of package available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.

We wanted to do 8 days at the Beach Club with this deal. To get an estimate of how much that would cost (before our trip so I know before hand if this is the best deal), could you search on the WDW website for a vacation package at the Beach Club, then remove the tickets and just add in the cost of park hoppers (since that would be an additional cost because the deal only includes base tickets and already has free dining)?

I was very confused last year with the breakdown of price. I wonder if just going through AAA would be a better deal then this :confused3: I know they checked to see if it'd be cheaper for our deal this year, and the bounceback was better, but since we want to go deluxe next year, just wondering if it's not as good a deal anymore.

purplebelle
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM

That equals a discount for the room and free food! Oh my! I'm paying full rate for CBR at like $143/night with free dining next month. I feel like I don't have a deal anymore.:sad1:

TifffanyD
08-27-2009, 04:04 PM
That equals a discount for the room and free food! Oh my! I'm paying full rate for CBR at like $143/night with free dining next month. I feel like I don't have a deal anymore.:sad1:

Those rates are per person with tickets and dining all included. There is no room discount

Seahunt
08-27-2009, 04:05 PM

Wait! You have to remember that is for EACH person based on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child! See pixie's post below:

If you notice on the flyer there's an asterix mark (*)...

*Price based on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child. The number of package available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.

CherylA
08-27-2009, 04:11 PM

ALL THAT BEING SAID:

Hmm I was just there. Got back yesterday, I was at Coronado Springs. I called the # and asked about the values if it was the regular dining plan or Quick Service and I was told Quick Service. Because of that I didn't bother booking since I figure thats what will be offered to the General Public anyway. I wonder who was mislead, me or you?

purplebelle
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Those rates are per person with tickets and dining all included. There is no room discount

Wait! You have to remember that is for EACH person based on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child! See pixie's post below:

Oh.....I was going to say that sounded too good to be true! Thanks for pointing it out to me:laughing:

tfiga1
08-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I just returned from ASMo this morning and did not receive a free dining brochure in my room. After the 2nd day I asked at the front desk and they told me they would have a flier delivered to my room tomorrow. The next morning the manager called me and told me that a BB was not being offered. Well I called central reservations and they allowed me to book ASMu with the regular free dining next year and told me the manager was misinformed. One of my friends was staying at ASMo and did not receive the offer and when she called she was asked for the code and she said she misplaced it and they allowed her to book also.... So be persistent.

Lilmattie13
08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
It is so piss poor that Disney cant get its stuff together to keep the CM's up to date on what is going on. I mean it is ridiculous that you actually have to hunt down the offer :mad:

So now if you check out and didnt know from here, that you had to seek out the BB , then you would be out of luck.

Just not a good thing :sad2:

Seahunt
08-29-2009, 02:43 AM
It is so piss poor that Disney cant get its stuff together to keep the CM's up to date on what is going on. I mean it is ridiculous that you actually have to hunt down the offer :mad:

So now if you check out and didnt know from here, that you had to seek out the BB , then you would be out of luck.

Just not a good thing :sad2:

And the worst part is that Disney does this same thing every single year! :guilty:

That's why I hope DISers know ahead of time, because I feel so bad for people who go down and think it's not being offered, then come home and find out later that they could have booked it while they were there and they missed out.

I so agree with your comment "Just not a good thing" but I'd add: "Disney Marketing = Just not a good thing". :laughing:

2manypets
08-29-2009, 08:28 AM
We've gone a couple of times in September and have never seen a brochure. Thanks to ya'll, I know to ask for one if ones not in the room.

disneychick0412
08-29-2009, 10:14 AM
When we were there a couple of years ago, I don't remember seeing one in our room, but the housekeeper had a HUGE stack on her cart. Had we been interested in doing the BB, I would have grabbed one of those! Actually I did, just to see what it said, then I put it back since we didn't need it.

mom2taylorandemily
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I guess I got lucky then. We went out one day to the parks and came back and our Mousekeeper had put one on the table in our room. So we booked for 10 days next Aug.

raven69david
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM

Since I have an AP, my thoughts on FD is that "Free dining isn't really free!", at least not for us. Somewhere on here I have an example as to the price difference between our upcoming stay in November/December at AKL with and without FD. I'd rather have a 40% discount on a Deluxe room than I would FD. BTW, we're paying $139.00 a night at AKL so for my 7 day trip i'm saving over $700.00. We just got back from a 5 day trip last week and we only spent $197.00 on food and that was eating 1 table service and 1 quick service meal each day. Of course, that is with a TIW card but that really only saves you the price of the tip - it doesn't really save alot of money on the meal itself (20% off the meal, but they add an 18% gratuity to every ticket - which we always do anyway).

This is why free dining isn't free for ME:

my trip at AKL for 7 days:

With AP rate: $938.00 including tax
With FD: $1863.00 including tax - also includes 1 day base ticket for each of us (3) - It would be $2634.00 with 6 day base tickets

room #2 ASMo (for in-laws) LOL

With AP rate: $338.00 including tax
With FD: $786.27 including tax w/1 day base tickets - It would be $1241.02 w/tax with 6 day base tickets

Room #1 savings: $1696 w/6 day tickets or $925.00 w/1 day tickets (we haven't spent that much on food in 3 trips)
Room #2 savings: $903.02 w/6 day tickets or $448.27 w/1 day tickets (these are only QS meals; can't eat $450.00 in QS meals - unless I eat for 2 weeks at Flame Tree BBQ YUMMY)

Please note that all of these figures are for MY family and YMMV. That's why I can say FD isn't free, for me. ;)

PoohHappens
08-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Since I have an AP, my thoughts on FD is that "Free dining isn't really free!", at least not for us. Somewhere on here I have an example as to the price difference between our upcoming stay in November/December at AKL with and without FD. I'd rather have a 40% discount on a Deluxe room than I would FD. BTW, we're paying $139.00 a night at AKL so for my 7 day trip i'm saving over $700.00. We just got back from a 5 day trip last week and we only spent $197.00 on food and that was eating 1 table service and 1 quick service meal each day. Of course, that is with a TIW card but that really only saves you the price of the tip - it doesn't really save alot of money on the meal itself (20% off the meal, but they add an 18% gratuity to every ticket - which we always do anyway).

This is why free dining isn't free for ME:

my trip at AKL for 7 days:

With AP rate: $938.00 including tax
With FD: $1863.00 including tax - also includes 1 day base ticket for each of us (3) - It would be $2634.00 with 6 day base tickets

room #2 ASMo (for in-laws) LOL

With AP rate: $338.00 including tax
With FD: $786.27 including tax w/1 day base tickets - It would be $1241.02 w/tax with 6 day base tickets

Room #1 savings: $1696 w/6 day tickets or $925.00 w/1 day tickets (we haven't spent that much on food in 3 trips)
Room #2 savings: $903.02 w/6 day tickets or $448.27 w/1 day tickets (these are only QS meals; can't eat $450.00 in QS meals - unless I eat for 2 weeks at Flame Tree BBQ YUMMY)

Please note that all of these figures are for MY family and YMMV. That's why I can say FD isn't free, for me. ;)

I do see your point, and I agree in many circumstances this is the better value. However your figures are not really equal as the difference you are listing involves some ticket cost not just food. You still had to purchase the APs and in your AP figures you did not include that cost. I realize you may use them multiple times, but you still have to divide up and consider that cost. The TIW has a cost too.

That said I would love to know how 3 of you ate at 5 TS meals let alone 5CS meals for $197. I know you listed the discount card, but I would still love some figures cause that is great. I am not even coming close to that.
Even if I figure low CS at $5pp x3people x5days is $75
and TS at $10pp X 3 Xpeople x 5days is $150
That is $225 and those are impossible figures. I don't know of any TS you can go to for $10 a person. Please share your secrets.

britfish
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
we didn't have the flier in our room at CBR so I called the front desk and asked for one to be left. The CM said she would put me through to reservations and I told her I just wanted to see the flier (trying to leave a subtle hint for DH). Anyway, she said she did not believe there was a bounceback this year but she put me on hold for an eternity to check. I eventually disconnected and left a note for mousekeeping to please leave on in the room at some point during the week. I put our room # on the note in case they have to have someone else read it at a later time. Needless to say that afternoon we had a flier but if not for these boards I would not have persisted to get one.

britfish
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM

we just booked BB for next year. we did CBR for 9 days (8 nights) w/ 8 days base tix (no hoppers, etc), w/ the free dining. Our package was for 2 adults and a 6 yo and it was $2089.13. With the flier stating $75 per night for a mod and $96 for a deluxe I can't imagine w/ your trip being 7 days it would be $2400.

mackait0307
08-29-2009, 04:15 PM
We booked the bounceback for next year too. 11 days/10 nights at the Polynesian..the flyer was in our room the day we checked it. Same deal as last year, book before you check-out.

raven69david
08-29-2009, 06:20 PM
You still had to purchase the APs and in your AP figures you did not include that cost. I realize you may use them multiple times, but you still have to divide up and consider that cost. The TIW has a cost too.

That said I would love to know how 3 of you ate at 5 TS meals let alone 5CS meals for $197. I know you listed the discount card, but I would still love some figures cause that is great. I am not even coming close to that. Please share your secrets.

My wife and I shared our meals as we cannot eat 1 entire portion without leaving alot of food left over on each plate. We hate wasting food so we share each plate, which leaves us feeling full for quite some time. DD4 eats from the childs menu so we pay less than $7.00 per meal for her each day plus a snack here & there. We did a split stay and only charged food on our room card. First bill from POFQ was $86.00 and the bill from WL was $111.00 (please note that we were WL Club Level so we had snacks and light meals to keep us filled up most of the time). I can tell you we ate at 9 dragons, cosmic rays, casey's, Le Cellier and a few other snacks in between.

We've been there enough times that we know how to budget for our food and we know exactly how to spend our money wisely while having a great time eating at all the popular places. Don't overthink things with figures as it will confuse you. I'm going by my resort bill which was only used to purchase food from the restaurants listed above plus a few other snacks at the resort. If you're careful and you can share your meals, you will see that you can save quite a bit of money on meals alone. If you and/or your family are bigger eaters where you require 1 plate to be satisfied, then that's cool too, but the savings cost is diminished in the dining portion of your trip. You'd have to find somewhere else to save $.

Like I said in my previous post, these are MY numbers and other may not get the same results. Savings money does not mean you have to cut out some of your choices as for us we'd NEVER consider that. We work very hard and when it comes time for our vacations, we ALWAYS choose Disney and we play HARD! It's the most relaxing 7 to 10 days each trip. We pay our resort off months in advance and never worry about that when we arrive. It's great to check in and be PIF. Plus the fact that we set aside X amount of $ per pay period means we have alot of extra $ in case we need it.

As far as the AP, you can't take that into consideration since I purchased that last year. It's a 1 time purchase and that's it. You don't spread the cost out over X amount of trips cuz i'm not financing it - paid cash for all our AP's. Pay a little now, save alot later was my thinking and boy did it pay off. Since I paid $460.00 for my AP (DD4 paid $395.00 I believe), i've used it 4 times so each trip, if you want to break it down, cost me $16.43 to use per each day I was in the parks. So for all of us it comes out to $46.96 per day. If I had paid for a ticket during each of our trips (7 day park hoppers is what i'm using for this figure), I'd be paying $878.63 for 2 adults - 1 child. If I paid $878.63 for each of my 4 trips that would come out to $3514.52 in just tickets so by buying AP's I have saved about $2200.00. Again, these are MY savings and another family (any larger family than mine) may not incur the same savings.

Here's a good article for you to check out in regards to eating inexpensively at WDW: LINKY (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=331551&t=1290143&highlight=disney)

nonsmom
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
We just returned from Pop on 8/27. I asked the front desk, they said they knew nothing about it, housekeeping would know. I asked housekeeping, they had no clue. Then, then next day, I asked the manager at the front desk, and they gave me a large card that looked like a pocket watch. The bounceback offer was for 20% off room only for values, etc. No free dining. The day before we left, I called the extension on the card, as I had not received anything in my room, and when the CM answered, she said the bounceback was for Free Dining! I wonder how they determine which rooms get the bounceback. Anyway, we are booked for next Aug. with the regular dining plan. :woohoo:

Nohal
08-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know exactly what the BB price for the values are? I only see prices for mods and deluxe. We booked BB for this year and would like to do the same for next year. We stayed at ASMo last year and had to hunt down a BB offer as no one seemed to have the papers. Thanks to the Dis I had the info and what # to call and the code.

pixie_mtl
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know exactly what the BB price for the values are? I only see prices for mods and deluxe. We booked BB for this year and would like to do the same for next year. We stayed at ASMo last year and had to hunt down a BB offer as no one seemed to have the papers. Thanks to the Dis I had the info and what # to call and the code.

Nohal, all you have to do is go to disneyworld's website, enter your dates for a package for fall-2010, and not add dining. That's how u'll know how much it'll cost you...

DisceyMomofC&A
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
We booked bounce back when we were there the 18th-24th (CSR). We are going to the WL 8/15-8/22. We booked a standard view room 7 day park hopper with the free dining. It is costing us for the whole package about 2800. I thought that was great for a deluxe. It is only about 300 more than what I paid for CSR this past trip.

2littleprincesses
08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Ugh, saw nothing about this and did not ask so we did not get a bounceback offer!!!I didn't think to ask since I did not see any signs. :sad2::sad1:

Do you think calling now would do anything since there were no fliers? We stayed at ASMu and got back yesterday.

vero
08-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi, this happened to me last year and send them a mail and they let me make my reservation. Hope this helps,Vero.

pixie_mtl
08-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Ugh, saw nothing about this and did not ask so we did not get a bounceback offer!!!I didn't think to ask since I did not see any signs. :sad2::sad1:

Do you think calling now would do anything since there were no fliers? We stayed at ASMu and got back yesterday.

Most likely Disnew won't let you. But instead of calling I would write a letter; it's more personal and you might be lucky;)

2littleprincesses
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Most likely Disnew won't let you. But instead of calling I would write a letter; it's more personal and you might be lucky;)

Well, I sent them an email and got a reply back that I would get a response in less than 10 days. Ugh, well, they will probably do free dining again hopefully.

Just having Disney withdrawal:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Lilmattie13
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
I actually would call right away seeing you just got home. They may be able to look up your reservation number and see you were just there. I would do it immediately though. I would even try to get the resort number and call them to tell them you were just there and never got the flyer about the offer. That is horrible. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

marciemi
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
My flyer from my room at Pop - booked the bounceback on Friday:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/marciemi/2009trip/Food%20only/Bounceback003.jpg

Per the cost discussion - for me it's a no brainer in the other direction. Trying to do the trip as cheaply as possible, with a family of 4 (oldest will be at college hopefully by next trip) - all considered "adults" in Disney's eyes. At $82 a night (plus the extra $10 for the weekend nights), even if I got a room code for 100% off ;), it still wouldn't save me more than the free dining at $40ish a person times 4 people (about twice the room cost itself!).

disneychick0412
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Marciemi. Can't wait to book my bounceback in a few weeks!!
:banana:

wolf2961
09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
We went to Pop Aug '08 and never received the Bounceback offer in our room. Called upon our return home and were denied. This year, again no flyer in our room @ Pop, but did ask at front desk and receive one. Went ahead and booked with free dining for next Aug.

2littleprincesses
09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, I sent them an email and got a reply back that I would get a response in less than 10 days. Ugh, well, they will probably do free dining again hopefully.

They wouldn't give it to me. I called and they said no. I had to have booked it before check out.:sad1::sad1:

a1tinkfans
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
back this past weekend from POR. Our flyer was for 40% off deluxes and 30% off moderates for THIS year, till december 09. I wish I saw the free dine for next year.
I did not book it.

Meanwhile, my understanding is that if you stay VALUE, the free dine is the snack type, NOT the CS and TS, can anyone confirm???

flea1267
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
back this past weekend from POR. Our flyer was for 40% off deluxes and 30% off moderates for THIS year, till december 09. I wish I saw the free dine for next year.
I did not book it.

Meanwhile, my understanding is that if you stay VALUE, the free dine is the snack type, NOT the CS and TS, can anyone confirm???

The flyer is a couple of posts up and it say Disney Dining Plan not the Quick Service - so that = regular (TS, CS) plan....and also if you do the math it equals out to the regular one.

Crazy4Disney72
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Question about booking bounceback....how many rooms can be booked? Is it just one, or will they allow 2? We are going this weekend and my friend wants to do bounceback for next September for herself, dh, and their 2 kids plus her sister, sister's dh, and their 2 kids. They would need 2 rooms. Can she book them both?

DisneyDeeva
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
If it is the same as past years, you can book as many rooms on the bounceback deal as there are registered adults in your room. two adults = two rooms

Crazy4Disney72
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
If it is the same as past years, you can book as many rooms on the bounceback deal as there are registered adults in your room. two adults = two rooms

We will have 4 adults in our room, but only 1 of us wants to book BB, but she wants to book the two rooms, one for her and one for her sister. Can she still do that if her sister is not on the trip this year?

DisneyDeeva
09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Again, unless things have changed from last year - yes she can. When my friend and I were there last year (third year in a row for free dining), she decided to book two rooms. One for us this year. The second for her son and his new bride.

lady_hlh
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
We just returned from AKL and booked the free dining BB for next year. There was never any flyer in our room just like last year at CSR where I ended up finding them in a pile on the maid's carts. At AKL the maids actually had them stored away in a binder on their cart which I had to rifle through to find one. I knew about the offer and had already seen the flyer on the board but why on earth does Disney basically hide the bounceback offer from their guests.

iluvwesties
09-04-2009, 06:03 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/marciemi/2009trip/Bounceback003.jpg

Per the cost discussion - for me it's a no brainer in the other direction. Trying to do the trip as cheaply as possible, with a family of 4 (oldest will be at college hopefully by next trip) - all considered "adults" in Disney's eyes. At $82 a night (plus the extra $10 for the weekend nights), even if I got a room code for 100% off ;), it still wouldn't save me more than the free dining at $40ish a person times 4 people (about twice the room cost itself!).

I can't see the flyer :confused3

Could you please re-post? :worship:

lady_hlh
09-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Someone else also posted the flyer in #37 which I think is on the 3rd page.

iluvwesties
09-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Someone else also posted the flyer in #37 which I think is on the 3rd page.

marciemi
09-04-2009, 10:00 PM

Okay, I fixed the link in my post - sorry, got back from my trip and redid all my photobucket stuff. I included it since it had the values, which the other post didn't.

nonsmom
09-05-2009, 09:04 AM

I was looking at the bottom of your post. I was just there hoping they had opened the Adventurers Club. Do you have info that it has reopened? It had a rope across it and the lights were out.:confused3

DisneyDeeva
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
I was looking at the bottom of your post. I was just there hoping they had opened the Adventurers Club. Do you have info that it has reopened? It had a rope across it and the lights were out.:confused3

Sadly, it has not reopened. I am very fortunate to be attending a private party there on 9/24. There is one other private event after that and then the lights will be turned out for good. Hoping to hear some news of PI development coming out of the D23 expo this weekend.

nonsmom
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Sadly, it has not reopened. I am very fortunate to be attending a private party there on 9/24. There is one other private event after that and then the lights will be turned out for good. Hoping to hear some news of PI development coming out of the D23 expo this weekend.

Very sad, it was the most original place to be for the evening. DH and I went there the week we got engaged. We were hoping to relive some great memories. Did they give a reason why they won't reopen, it was always packed when I was there.

hrh_disney_queen
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but just wanted to add something. If you are offered the BB while staying at a WDW resort, if there is any slight possibility you can use it, BOOK IT!! It is very difficult to think these things through while on your current vacation and all the excitement, and you can always cancel it 45 days before travel without any penalty. I did this last year without knowing for sure. I DID know for sure that the offer would expire when I left..so I did it. You can change it or cancel it..I changed resorts, dates, then finally canceled when I found an even better deal!

\

AbbyAnder
09-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi,

I've been reading with interest about the BB offers for next year (particularly the pricing for the Deluxe resorts).

We're staying at CSR from October 22 to November 5. The flyer that someone kindly posted mentioned that you had to book prior to your check out date either on or before October 24th.

Would that mean that I won't be able to book the BB offer for next year? :sad1:

lady_hlh
09-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Hi,

I've been reading with interest about the BB offers for next year (particularly the pricing for the Deluxe resorts).

We're staying at CSR from October 22 to November 5. The flyer that someone kindly posted mentioned that you had to book prior to your check out date either on or before October 24th.

Would that mean that I won't be able to book the BB offer for next year? :sad1:

If you check in on or before 10/24 you can book the free dining BB offer.

britfish
09-06-2009, 08:58 AM
if you book the bb can you change the dates once you get home? do you have to wait for the offer to open to the public or could we do it now?

Goofy22
09-06-2009, 11:04 AM
if you book the bb can you change the dates once you get home? do you have to wait for the offer to open to the public or could we do it now?

If you are in Disney right now and have an active reservation that they can verify you can book it now. And Yes you can change dates if you need to well at least I did 2 yrs ago so I assume you still can. But you cannot book this offer now unless you are vacationing on Disney property at this time other than that yes you would have to wait for the offer to open to the public.

hrh_disney_queen
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

When I booked my BB last year (it was a room discount in December) I changed resorts as soon as I got home. I changed dates a couple of times and then canceled. So with my reservation, yes I could modify well before the offer opened to the public. It is treated like any other normal package offer as far as modifications, change or cancellation penalties. That is why I always book while I am there, there is no risk.

britfish
09-06-2009, 11:58 AM
great, thanks so much. we did book while we were there however I think we may need to modify the dates.

Mick&Minn
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
if i book BB for Sep 29 to Oct 8

will I get the FD for all dates or just Sep 29-30

djblu883
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
You should be able to get it all included so long as the first day is within the time frame specified.

Mick&Minn
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
If I book BB for nest sept-oct next year for two persons
can I add 2 more later on?

marciemi
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
If they're in the same room, I know yes, for sure. I did ask this because I wasn't sure if next year it would just be me and DS again or if DH and my other son could come as well. I booked it for all 4 of us, but he said any time up until 45 days out I could change all of that with no penalty. I don't know about adding a second room - sorry.

Goofy22
09-08-2009, 12:22 AM
If I book BB for nest sept-oct next year for two persons
can I add 2 more later on?

You could definitely add or subtract ppl from the same room until 45 days out! You can also add another room if there is availability. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

leeann32
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Question for all of you- If I book 2 rooms, do I have to pay a $400 deposit?

CanadianPaco
09-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I booked a split stay and yes, it was $200 each.

DizzyStitch
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Question for all of you- If I book 2 rooms, do I have to pay a $400 deposit?
I had two Value rooms booked one year because we were going to have 5 in the party and they only charged me $200.00 that time.

Goofy22
09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I had two Value rooms booked one year because we were going to have 5 in the party and they only charged me $200.00 that time.

That is true if there is more children than adults you should only have to pay the $200 but if there is 3 or more adults you will have to pay $400

leeann32
09-08-2009, 11:38 PM
That is true if there is more children than adults you should only have to pay the $200 but if there is 3 or more adults you will have to pay $400

That's good to know! We have 2 adults & 3 children.
Are there any cons to booking 2 rooms at a moderate with a package deal like free dining?:confused3
We all need park tickets for the entire stay, not just the 1 day they require.

Goofy22
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
That's good to know! We have 2 adults & 3 children.
Are there any cons to booking 2 rooms at a moderate with a package deal like free dining?:confused3
We all need park tickets for the entire stay, not just the 1 day they require.

Not really the best deal is the value resorts with a family and FDP! :thumbsup2

tinkz18
09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
We are staying in DVC this trip but want to BB next year as a grandgathering at the CBR. Is this a possibility? Do we need to ask for the flyer.

MUFFYCAT
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I booked a split stay and yes, it was $200 each.

Did you you have any problem doing that?
I'm going in 3 weeks and plan and booking a trip for August with another family and they want to a split stay.

jthorn1995
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Nevermind!

Alderbrook
09-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know if you can book a different hotel than what you're staying in? We're schedule to stay at CBR but when we're there we're going to check out PO & Coranado just to see the difference.

lady_hlh
09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know if you can book a different hotel than what you're staying in? We're schedule to stay at CBR but when we're there we're going to check out PO & Coranado just to see the difference.

You don't have to book the same hotel, you can book any level of Disney resort.

kehlyrsmom
09-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Just returned and we received a bounce back offer that I went ahead and made arrangements for Sept 2010. We had received a free upgrade to SSR; but I originally booked our bounce back to ASM but after getting home on Sunday and doing some research I called and changed my ressie to Cornado.

So the answer to your question is yes you can boune back to any of the hotels.

lustergirl
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/marciemi/2009trip/Food%20only/Bounceback003.jpg

This is they flyer that I was looking for. I am telling hubby to keep an extra 200 dollars on the bank card so we can book for next year. So if I book from 9/30 through some date in early October the free dining will continue for my whole trip?

fatdaddy68
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
We are going next Sept, but our reservations for this year aren't until Dec so hopefully there will be some type of bounce back off then since this one ends Oct 24th I'll just keep checking...

dawnbu40
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I know I want to book BB when we're therelater this month but we're a family of "adults" and I'm wondering how those numbers translate for families without children? So when the flyer says 60, 75 or 96$ what is it REALLY per adult?
Thanks!

Gr8t Fan
09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I know I want to book BB when we're therelater this month but we're a family of "adults" and I'm wondering how those numbers translate for families without children? So when the flyer says 60, 75 or 96$ what is it REALLY per adult?
Thanks!

Our quote for 9 nights at POP - 2 adults and 2 "Disney" adults (14 and 12) is $1,197.70 which includes the required 1 day park ticket. Your only additional charge would be any "extra adult fees" for the room.

2littleprincesses
09-15-2009, 04:45 PM

Remember me? I did not get an offer while we were there Aug 22-29 and did not know to book BB. I called a couple days after getting back and they said no I had to be there to book it. I also emailed and received a call saying I could book. So I have booked for next year!!! Now to convince dh to go back next year.:woohoo::confused:

lsutiggergirl
09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
We booked at the Wilderness Lodge for Sept 2010.

2 adults and 1 child age 11 with free dining total price of $2,257.65.

I also booked my parents: 2 adults-total price $1955.10

That's for 6 day park hoppers and free dining at the WL.

I couldn't stand waiting for free dining to come out last year, so I figured why not book it while it's there! Yay bounceback!

I've seen some people say they've gotten a free upgrade on bouncebacks too. How do you do this? Just ask?

thanks!

dawnbu40
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
We booked at the Wilderness Lodge for Sept 2010.

2 adults and 1 child age 11 with free dining total price of $2,257.65.

I also booked my parents: 2 adults-total price $1955.10

That's for 6 day park hoppers and free dining at the WL.

I couldn't stand waiting for free dining to come out last year, so I figured why not book it while it's there! Yay bounceback!

I've seen some people say they've gotten a free upgrade on bouncebacks too. How do you do this? Just ask?

thanks!

How many nights is this for? I really want to book WL BB for next year and I'd like to have an idea of the cost before we call. Thanks!

lady_hlh
09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
How many nights is this for? I really want to book WL BB for next year and I'd like to have an idea of the cost before we call. Thanks!

If you do the prices on-line without adding the dining for the dates that you want that will be your cost for the package when you go to book the bounceback. We are doing AKL next year with 2 adults and 1 child for 5 nights with 4 day tickets and that was slightly over $2,000.

dawnbu40
09-16-2009, 07:01 PM
If you do the prices on-line without adding the dining for the dates that you want that will be your cost for the package when you go to book the bounceback. We are doing AKL next year with 2 adults and 1 child for 5 nights with 4 day tickets and that was slightly over $2,000.

Thanks! I didnt realize it was so simple :rotfl:

mom of 3G's
09-16-2009, 07:32 PM

To get free dining don't you have to pay rack rate? Is Sept. part of the value season or regular season? I'm not quite sure how to figure out the rack rate.

Mason's Mom
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Was not offered the bounceback but I had the copy from here. Called the number and I got it!!:cool1:
They did ask for the code!!!!!!

nonsmom
09-20-2009, 06:57 PM
To get free dining don't you have to pay rack rate? Is Sept. part of the value season or regular season? I'm not quite sure how to figure out the rack rate.

I think Sept. is part of value season. You can check by going on the Disney website and trying to book a vacation. It will give you the prices and the seasons.