PDA

View Full Version : Recovered from worst trip ever, now planning a mother-daughter trip for DD's birthday

Chelley00
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
The cast for this pre-trip report is pretty simple:

I'm Shel, mom of 4, wife to Dave. This trip will be a girls only trip (yay)

DD Riley, who will celebrate her 8th birthday while we're gone. Riley is a total tomboy (with 3 brothers, no surprise) She LOVES Minnie Mouse and has since she was 2, plays soccer, loves swimming and animals.

If you've read my trip report from Oct/Nov you know we had the worst trip ever. We did manage to squeak out some fun here and there, but for the most part, it was cold, full of accidents and vomit :rolleyes: and honestly, I wasn't sure I'd ever want to go back again.

Until we realized it was DD's year for her "big birthday".

When oldest DS was in second grade, we threw him a huge blowout birthday party with tons of friends. Not sure why it worked out for his 8th birthday, but it did. We usually do just family birthday parties, so it's unusual to do something that big. We followed suit with DS #2 when he turned 8, and both of those boys had huge 13th birthday parties as well. DD will be 8 this November, and we started talking about her party.

She laughingly said "well, I'd rather go to Disney, but since I know I can't, let me think about a party" (sigh) Poor Disney addict already at 7!!

Then I realized that Disney had released both room discount codes and a free dining code, and if I used one or the other and took her myself, we could swing a quick Disney trip for her birthday. Then she would also get the birthday fun giftcard if I registered her for "What will you celebrate". The wheels started turning, and I presented it to DH, who gave me the go ahead. I asked the other kids, and no one said they'd be upset if I took just their sister (youngest DS was so excited about going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa!) and so it's apparently a go.

I usually plan our WDW trip a year in advance, so having this short amount of time is beginning to stress me already! Our first major decision was easy, dates, since we wanted to go over her birthday. This will put us there Nov 28-Dec 4 or 5th.

Now I have to decide where to stay. We've never stayed onsite before.

What would you recommend? Value or moderate?

For moderate: DD is a big swimmer so I know she would enjoy the themed pools of the moderate. Plus we'd get the dining plan instead of just quick service, which means we could do special meals with our TS credits for her birthday the entire week, not just one a couple of times.

If we do value, we would save about $400, but have only quick service credits. We could take the extra money we'd save to do a TS or two, and then maybe hit a MVMCP (We LOVE MNSSHP!) Plus, I think the value themes are little more "kid friendly?"

Help me make the big decisions, then we'll plug through the little stuff, like ADRs, events, travel and if I should surprise her or let her in on our secret.

Chelley00
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
R and I sat down today and went through the allears site, looking at pictures of resorts. She narrowed her choices down to AS Music or Coronado Springs. I can't believe she didn't pick Caribbean Beach Resort! I thought for sure that would be her pick.

Since I wasn't totally cracked about staying at a value since I didn't want QS dining only, I booked CSR today. I'm so excited. Our first time ever onsite.

Now to pick parks and get ready for ADRs. Since this is a trip for DD, I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot of character dining.

R is a big Minnie Mouse fan, so we have to do Chef Mickeys although I got the flu the night we ate there on our last trip and thinking about eating there again makes me a little icky feeling :)

My other choices for her are Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare dinner, Crystal Palace. Probably a Tusker House and Ohana breakfast. We'll need one more for our day at DHS. Any ideas?

magicaldisney11
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
My only choice at DHS is 50's Prime Time!! We love it and go every trip. I would also like to suggest Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, it is great food.

I just started planning my first mother/son trip (I have 4 sons and WAS married to a Dave,lol.) My youngest and I are going to do Disney in Sept 2010.

I hope you do a post trip report so I can see what you two did alone.

Chelley00
08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks, magicaldisney11. We haven't eaten at 50's Prime Time before, so we'll have to try it.

I told DD I wanted her to nail down her resort choice this week. Earlier in the week I booked CSR (her choice based on the pool slide!) However, the more she thought about it and looked at pictures, the more she kept gravitating towards the Nemo rooms at CBR (it's more Disney-looking for her!) So today I changed our resort, and added a day to our trip since we decided we could leave after Thanksgiving dinner and drive halfway before stopping to stay.

My mom may be hitching a ride with us to visit her best friend who lives in FL, and considering my mom's horrible fear of heights, we have to drive. If she stayes behind, DD and I will fly and leave Friday morning. I also am not a fan of flying, but will gladly not drive :)

DD and I spent time yesterday going over our plans and restaurant ideas. We have our wish list, and I made her pick some backups in case we can't get our ADRs. Here are our plans if we can get our ADRs

Friday, arrive late, probably eat on the road (unless we fly, then we'll do something OOP)

Saturday, Epcot: Akershus for breakfast, Sunshine Seasons lunch, Coral Reef for dinner

Sunday: MK: breakfast in room, lunch at Pecos Bills, dinner at 1900 Park Fare

Monday: Epcot: breakfast in room, lunch????, Garden Grill dinner

Tuesday: DHS: breakfast in room, Starring Rolls lunch, 50's Prime Time dinner or Fantasmic Pkg if they are doing Fantasmic

Wednesday: MK: breakfast in room, Columbia Harbor House lunch, Crystal Palace dinner

Thursday: Animal Kingdom: Tusker House breakfast, Flame Tree lunch, late dinner at Fulton's Crab House at DTD paying OOP. (DD LOVES crab legs and she usually picks a seafood place for her birthday dinner)

Friday: DHS: breakfast in room, Pizza Planet lunch, boat to Boardwalk to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream.

Saturday: half day at AK: Ohana breakfast, a couple hours at AK before leaving to go home.

So, with our plan, we need to come up with another CS lunch at Epcot. We always eat at Sunshine Seasons! DD is an adventerous eater, loves Mexican, seafood and Chinese. Any ideas?

Chelley00
08-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Thought I would pop in and post a couple pictures!

DD's first trip to Disney in 2006. She is a major Minnie Mouse fan and this was her first meeting with her at LTT on a MNSSHP night. I'm so sad the characters are gone from LTT! DD was a month shy of turning 5 here.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b6cf29b3127ccecfc55d5c258e00000020O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Second trip in 2008. DD was a month from turning 7 here.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf26b3127ccec5da6c208ec700000060O38Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and a picture of DD and I from a MNSSHP in 08. It's the only picture I could find of us together!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf26b3127ccec5da51114f4000000050O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and the ones we'll leave behind!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf27b3127ccec5d97eb9f63700000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

disneygirlinnj
08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm in! Sounds like a great trip for you and your DD! I'm going with my mom next month, just the two of us. Can't wait! :)

SilverL
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I've heard that Tangierine Cafe in Morocco has really good food. It's a CS. We're going to try it this year!

I remember reading your TR a while ago. I'm so glad you get to come back after that crazy trip!

dreamer423
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm subbing to get hints as i see you'll be there just before us.

In Epcot-We like the CS Fish n' chips. Also-all the desserts in germany/Norway. We eat a lot of hummus/pita at home so morocco is not high on our list-though it's decent.

i admit to liking the noodle house in Japan-rice/noodles/tempura...

There's also a candy feast in Japan-not lunch-but definitely a treat!

Chelley00
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm in! Sounds like a great trip for you and your DD! I'm going with my mom next month, just the two of us. Can't wait! :)

how fun! I would love for my mom to go. She's never been. She may be riding with us to Florida to visit her best friend from high school, but she won't go play with Mickey :(

I've heard that Tangierine Cafe in Morocco has really good food. It's a CS. We're going to try it this year!

I remember reading your TR a while ago. I'm so glad you get to come back after that crazy trip!

After our last trip I didnt think I'd ever want to go again. It wasn't all awful, but there was a lot of magic sucked right out of it :) I'm glad I get to take DD....it's her favorite place in the world. I'm just hoping we have no repeats of our last trip!

I'm subbing to get hints as i see you'll be there just before us.

In Epcot-We like the CS Fish n' chips. Also-all the desserts in germany/Norway. We eat a lot of hummus/pita at home so morocco is not high on our list-though it's decent.

i admit to liking the noodle house in Japan-rice/noodles/tempura...

There's also a candy feast in Japan-not lunch-but definitely a treat!

We did the CS fish and chips. DD was not a fan, and she won't eat hummus :( (silly girl!) I'm going to have to read some CS menus.

Chelley00
08-18-2009, 01:04 PM
This weekend we did a little creativity in preparation for our trip!

We actually made the countdown timer for our last trip in 2008, (DD doing our double digit dance for that trip)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d937b3127ccec4f4ba0722e400000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

then I recovered it this winter with tropical paper to countdown to the cruise DH and I took in June for our anniversary. This weekend I pulled out the few Disney scrapping supplies I had left and we recovered it yet again.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b0cb24044e00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Then I made DD a Mickey Money box for change. She has 2 Mickey banks, but she likes to get in there and count the change, and it disappears! I thought by making her a box, she could get money in, but not take any out. We'll see how well she does. Oh how I love the Mickey font Cricut Cartridge!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b0771b851f00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and this is something R hasn't seen. I totally stole this idea from "aristocrats_lover" in the decorating your resort room thread. (thank you!) This was all I had time to do before R got home.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b14a2264dc00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

These are for the window, and I'll add to our decorations stash soon (maybe some ribbons, we have lights etc). I also have magnetic paper left to make a sign for the door. I'm hoping to be able to sneakily decorate the window/door while she's sleeping or in the shower :)

Chelley00
08-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Today someone at work offered their soon-to-expire frequent flyer miles because "you shouldn't be driving 17 hours alone with a young girl!" I tried to talk him out of it (especially because I have a HORRIBLE fear of flying) However, he kept insisting that we take them so they didn't go to waste. They were enough to cover R's round trip ticket. Then I found the Airtran $25 coupons and used them and my tickets cost less than $100. No way could we drive it for less, so we booked it.

Now I have to suck it up and actually get on the plane. Yikes! :eek:

disneygirlinnj
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Today someone at work offered their soon-to-expire frequent flyer miles because "you shouldn't be driving 17 hours alone with a young girl!" I tried to talk him out of it (especially because I have a HORRIBLE fear of flying) However, he kept insisting that we take them so they didn't go to waste. They were enough to cover R's round trip ticket. Then I found the Airtran $25 coupons and used them and my tickets cost less than $100. No way could we drive it for less, so we booked it.

Now I have to suck it up and actually get on the plane. Yikes! :eek:

WOW! That's amazing and very generous of your co-worker!! Definitely can't pass that up. And just think, you'll get there so much quicker than driving.

shordiebecka
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Just found your PTR! My parents are staying in a Nemo room at CBR the first week of November...they're kids at heart! I think that Carribean Beach is the most "disney" themed out of the moderates. Though I'm going to CSR for the first time come November!

Your countdown is too cute. I have to say that I loved Tusker House (we went for lunch), the service was great, and I also love 50's prime time.

Can't wait to hear more!

siestakey
08-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm aristocats_lover's mom and I agree she does fabulous window displays! I will have to have her post our mother/daughter birthday trip window display from last May, we did the door, the windows and had so much fun! We stayed at POFQ, we love that resort, and I would highly recommend POFQ. The food court is great, bus service is wonderful, first on, yea!! Boat ride to Downtown Disney can't be beat, and you have the added bonus of two pools to choose from, POFQ or Riverside. Have a fabulous time with your daughter, I love our mother.daughter birthday trips :)

TinkerbellLuvr7
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I wanted to POP in and say I'm in!! I love all the pictures and can't wait to hear more!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
08-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Found your PTR and signed in! Ready for more!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey Chelley, chiming in on your report now!! Your family is absolutely adorable! Hope awesome that your co-worker offered you his miles?!?!?! I have to say, I'd fly anyday over driving 17 hours!!1 You and your DD are going to have such an awesome time, Disney during the Holiday's are incredible. We went in Dec '08 and had a ball!

Chelley00
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I think that Carribean Beach is the most "disney" themed out of the moderates.!

R too, which is why she decided to move from CSR (although, she goes back and forth still...but we're not moving again!!!
We stayed at POFQ, we love that resort

R wasn't thrilled with the "too short water slide!" I think POFQ is beautiful! And you have a very talented daughter!
I wanted to POP in and say I'm in!! I love all the pictures and can't wait to hear more!

yay, welcome!

Found your PTR and signed in! Ready for more!

Welcome!!!

Disney during the Holiday's are incredible. We went in Dec '08 and had a ball!

We've always gone in October/early November, so we've seen a few Christms decorations, but never the whole deal with lights and trees etc!

Chelley00
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Look what we got to do yesterday! She actually did a little double digit dance while she was flipping it all over! Pardon the hair...it was right after I drug her out of bed and had her dressed for school, but she hadn't brushed her hair yet

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d601b3127ccec7bd0040383c00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I'm starting to try and decide some special birthday related surprise I may do for R. I've thought about ordering a cake during one of our ADRs, but I'm afraid it would be a waste of money with just two of us to eat it.

Then I thought about scheduling something fun for her. A Family Magic tour maybe? She's totally not a girly girl so BBB, the Tea Party etc would be out. She's enjoy the pirate cruise or the pirate makeover more :rolleyes: Thought about the My First Mani/Pedi at the Grand Floridian (then I can get one too ;) ) Or maybe a gift basket from somewhere? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but just little something to add to her "party"

shordiebecka
08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
check out www.memoriesbybetsy.com.. I love her baskets!!

The mani/pedi might be lots of fun..or how about the pirate makeover! I bet she would love it.

dreamer423
08-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Love the decorations! Funny, I decorated for cruises, but never for a World stay. i am now inspired. May have to wholesale borrow ideas with much thanks.

Also-how great about the flights and less travel time!

02AggieGirl
08-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi! I just found your report and I'm in!! What an awesome way to celebrate your DD's bday! I need to finish reading your report.....then I will be looking forward to the updates. :thumbsup2

02AggieGirl
08-20-2009, 06:39 PM
This weekend we did a little creativity in preparation for our trip!

We actually made the countdown timer for our last trip in 2008, (DD doing our double digit dance for that trip)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d937b3127ccec4f4ba0722e400000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

then I recovered it this winter with tropical paper to countdown to the cruise DH and I took in June for our anniversary. This weekend I pulled out the few Disney scrapping supplies I had left and we recovered it yet again.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b0cb24044e00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Then I made DD a Mickey Money box for change. She has 2 Mickey banks, but she likes to get in there and count the change, and it disappears! I thought by making her a box, she could get money in, but not take any out. We'll see how well she does. Oh how I love the Mickey font Cricut Cartridge!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b0771b851f00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and this is something R hasn't seen. I totally stole this idea from "aristocrats_lover" in the decorating your resort room thread. (thank you!) This was all I had time to do before R got home.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d639b3127ccec7b14a2264dc00000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

These are for the window, and I'll add to our decorations stash soon (maybe some ribbons, we have lights etc). I also have magnetic paper left to make a sign for the door. I'm hoping to be able to sneakily decorate the window/door while she's sleeping or in the shower :)

I love all this! You have inspired me for our next trip....whenever that may be! :rotfl:

DevonsDisneyMom
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Isn't is such a great feeling when you hit the double digits!!! It's even better when you hit the single digits thou!! :laughing:

Chelley00
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
check out www.memoriesbybetsy.com.. I love her baskets!!

Thanks for the plug for Betsy. I have her on my list for gift baskets if that's what I decide to do!

May have to wholesale borrow ideas with much thanks

I borrow all my ideas, so feel free to borrow too!

Hi! I just found your report and I'm in!!

Welcome!

I love all this! You have inspired me for our next trip....whenever that may be! :rotfl:

Maybe sooner than you think? We usually only go every other year and this trip just snuck in there :)

Isn't is such a great feeling when you hit the double digits!!! It's even better when you hit the single digits thou!! :laughing:

I'll just be happy to get down around the 30's. This 90 stuff seems so far away!!!

Chelley00
08-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Okay, I have a few minutes in between taxi driving :) Our kids are in private school, which means no bus. I drop them off every morning, then have to pick up R at 3:15, then go back and pick up J (DS13) from soccer practice at 5. Then on Monday and Friday he has karate at 5:45. Ugh. I really need a taxi-mom bumper sticker!

I've been working on our park plans/ADRs/packing list etc, especially now that we've added days to our trip and we're flying. We always drive, so I can way overpack. Now, not so much :) I would love to get by with just packing carryons, but the OCD person in me knows I will never be able to fit all the crap I'll just "HAVE" to take in carryons!!! Since we're flying Airtran we have to pay for each checked bag :eek: so no way are we checking more than one.

Okay, so the plan for day 1. Our flight leaves late evening on our first day.
I'm debating taking DME to CBR and ordering from GardenGrocer, or if I want to get a towncar and do a grocery stop. R would probably love the towncar as she's always wanted to ride in a "limo". :)

We get in pretty late that evening, so we'll have to find something from the food court for dinner, and just take time to unpack. I've read you can see Illuminations from one of the beaches at CBR, so we might go to see that if we're not too tired from traveling.

Chelley00
08-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Happy Sunday everyone. We are being bad and skipping church this morning because we got up late. DH went on a motorcycle trip with his parents and I'm home with the kiddies working on some planning pages for our trip.

I think we've decided to use DME and just order groceries from Garden Grocer. That saves us $100 from getting a towncar and is money I can put towards a little surprise for R. (still undecided!)

Our first full day we're going to, where else, Magic Kingdom. We'll do breakfast in our room since neither of us ever eat a huge breakfast. I'm planning on buying cereal bars, granola bars, milk, juice and fruit from Garden Grocer.

We HAVE to make it for rope drop because I know it's going to be very busy that day. Plus, in all our trips to MK (probably 6 times ?) we've NEVER made it to the opening ceremonies!!! Our first order of business is R's favorite MK ride, Space Mountain, especially since it will be fresh off the refurb! After that I'm sure R will want to head over and do the other mountains. My must do is Haunted Mansion. Riley wants to make sure to go to Tom Sawyer Island because we've always skipped it. The rest we'll play by ear.

We'll probably do lunch at our favorite MK CS, Columbia Harbor House, and I'm hoping we can get an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I'd like to make it back to the park for Spectro, because we've never seen that either! If it's horribly busy, I'm not going to worry about Spectro, as we'll have another full day at MK later in our trip.

dreamer423
08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
We HAVE to make it for rope drop because I know it's going to be very busy that day. Plus, in all our trips to MK (probably 6 times ?) we've NEVER made it to the opening ceremonies!!! Our first order of business is R's favorite MK ride, Space Mountain, especially since it will be fresh off the refurb! After that I'm sure R will want to head over and do the other mountains. My must do is Haunted Mansion. Riley wants to make sure to go to Tom Sawyer Island because we've always skipped it. The rest we'll play by ear.

Marco LOVES Tom Sawyer's island. HE could spend hours there. I suggest you to bring drinks and a snack for a quickie picnic there. There are plenty of hidden benches/tables along the paths.

Tell Me about Columbia House please.

Chelley00
08-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Tell Me about Columbia House please.

The BLT salad is very good. They have honey mustard dressing to go with it. They also have tuna sandwiches and chicken strips. I like that it's lighter food. We like sitting upstairs and watching people come and go from the Haunted Mansion :)

So, there's a major change to our trip! I've been reading about all these people making their ADRs for Thanksgiving, and how there is little availability over that whole weekend. I was starting to worry about crowds and lack of table service availability, especially since R basically wants character meals and nothing else. I looked at moving our trip up, went to check out ADR availability for that week just to see, and got every TS we wanted at a good time, so I booked them, rearranged our resort ressies, and we're now going 2 weeks earlier! :banana:

It stinks that R won't be at Disney on her actual birthday, but I think we'll have more fun since it shouldn't be as crowded, and she gets to eat everywhere she picked, plus a few extras she doesn't know about. I couldn't get one of her picks, 1900 Park Fare for dinner :( but I think she'll be happy with what we got.

Now I just have to deal with our flights. Going to MCO we can change with no penalty, coming back maybe not, but the flights are so cheap right now I'll gladly eat the change fee if I have to if it means having a less crowded time at WDW!

So our new schedule looks like this:

Thursday: EARLY flight (7am ick) Check in and head to Epcot for the afternoon. Late lunch/early dinner at Le Cellier (this is for me because we've never been able to eat here. However, R scarfed the cheese soup at F&WF last year, so I know she'll enjoy it!)

Friday: DHS, dinner at 50's Prime Time

Saturday: Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef

Sunday: AK breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at Rainforest Cafe (R LOVES animals. She will adore this restaurant!)

Monday: Epcot again, breakfast at Akershus, dinner at Garden Grill

Tuesday: MK, dinner at Chef Mickey. If we decide to do MVMCP, it will probably be this night?

Wednesday: MK breakfast at CRT, dinner at Crystal Palace

Thursday: AK, then off to DTD dinner at Fulton's Crab House (my daughter is a seafood FANATIC and they have crab legs on the kids menu!!!!!)

Friday: DHS, dinner at Sci Fi

Saturday: MK, breakfast at Cape May is scheduled, but I think I'm going to change to either 1900 or Ohana. We've just never been to Cape May

So now I have 2 less weeks to plan!!! That's a good thing! :woohoo:

Gabes_mommy
08-23-2009, 06:00 PM
I just found your PTR today.

How wonderful to have a mother/daughter trip. Your DD is so cute!!

I can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

02AggieGirl
08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
So, there's a major change to our trip! I've been reading about all these people making their ADRs for Thanksgiving, and how there is little availability over that whole weekend. I was starting to worry about crowds and lack of table service availability, especially since R basically wants character meals and nothing else. I looked at moving our trip up, went to check out ADR availability for that week just to see, and got every TS we wanted at a good time, so I booked them, rearranged our resort ressies, and we're now going 2 weeks earlier! :banana:

Yippee! Are you still staying at CBR?

So our new schedule looks like this:

Thursday: EARLY flight (7am ick) Check in and head to Epcot for the afternoon. Late lunch/early dinner at Le Cellier (this is for me because we've never been able to eat here. However, R scarfed the cheese soup at F&WF last year, so I know she'll enjoy it!)

Friday: DHS, dinner at 50's Prime Time

Saturday: Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef

Sunday: AK breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at Rainforest Cafe (R LOVES animals. She will adore this restaurant!)

Monday: Epcot again, breakfast at Akershus, dinner at Garden Grill

Tuesday: MK, dinner at Chef Mickey. If we decide to do MVMCP, it will probably be this night?

Wednesday: MK breakfast at CRT, dinner at Crystal Palace

Thursday: AK, then off to DTD dinner at Fulton's Crab House (my daughter is a seafood FANATIC and they have crab legs on the kids menu!!!!!)

Friday: DHS, dinner at Sci Fi

Saturday: MK, breakfast at Cape May is scheduled, but I think I'm going to change to either 1900 or Ohana. We've just never been to Cape May

So now I have 2 less weeks to plan!!! That's a good thing! :woohoo: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
These ADRs look great! I'm so happy you were able to get everything you wanted--sending pixie dust your way so that 1900 Park Fair will become available! pixiedust:

shordiebecka
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Good idea moving it up 2 weeks! I originally was going to do the weekend before thanksgiving- but airfare was ridiculous, and i was worried about crowds- since my days were flexible- i looked up the cheapest days to fly in Nov and got 13-17, which is perfect! what are your dates now? my parents are staying CBR the first week of November, then I'm at CSR the 13-17!

Oh, and congrats on getting all your ADR's. Don't you love the online ADR's?

dreamer423
08-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you've got it all planned out! Great job getting all your ADRS done.

And Thanks for info on Columbia House. We love HM so it might be fun to watch.

Chelley00
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Yippee! Are you still staying at CBR?

We are! R still goes back and forth between CBR and CSR, but I'm not changing again!!

sending pixie dust your way so that 1900 Park Fair will become available! pixiedust:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! There is NOTHING available for the entire week we are there!

i looked up the cheapest days to fly in Nov and got 13-17, which is perfect! what are your dates now?

We'll be there Nov 12-22 now.

And Thanks for info on Columbia House.

You're welcome!

Chelley00
08-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Nothing like changing an entire vacation to give an OCD planner a reason to stress!!!

I think I have everything set. :)

First day, our flight leaves at 7:11am. YAWN! R and I neither one are morning people, so this should be fun. However, it gives DH time to drop us off at the airport and then get the boys to school.

I'm trying to figure out luggage and packing list. I haven't flown as an adult (so sad!) and R has never flown, so I'm trying to plan what to take in carry ons and what to check (if anything)

We should be at CBR no later than 11? Hopefully we can check in, then head over to Epcot. We have late lunch ressies at Le Cellier. I doubt we'll stay too late because of how early we have to get up that day, plus I'll want to unpack and get settled. This is a day we'll play it by ear. We have 2 other days planned at Epcot, so I'm not too worried about hitting the major rides this day.

Chelley00
08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Day 2: DHS

Our first order of business will not be Toy Story Mania. Oh no. My daughter is a roller coaster fan. And her big thing to do today is to make me ride RNR.

I've never ridden it. I'm not a fan of roller coasters going upside down because it gives me a headache. However, I will load up on Tylenol and ride RNR with my daughter as her early birthday present. She better pick a really nice nursing home out for me when I'm old :laughing:

After that will be TOT. We LOVE TOT in our house. Last year we had the best ride ever on it, going down first, and lasting forever as we were the last ones in line before they shut the gate. It was fabulous!

Then we will head over for TSM fastpasses, and maybe ride it standby. Our second DHS day we might go for TSM first, but this first day is all about R and her desire to ride RNR. We also want to do the Backlot tour. We've never made it back there!

Lunch will be, well, wherever. None of the CS places at DHS thrill me, so we'll suck it up and eat when we get hungry, somewhere :) Dinner that evening is at 50's Prime Time, a restaurant we've never been to. I'm really hoping we get a good waitress here! Should be an early evening since it's not a Fantasmic evening.

Any recommendations for CS at DHS? We usually end up at Pizza Planet.

shordiebecka
08-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Things look good so far!! DHS has awful CS- I don't care for ANY of it- one possible idea would be to take a little break and go over to the boardwalk or the beach club and eat at a CS place there. That's what I would do!

dreamer423
08-25-2009, 08:03 PM
ITA. CS @ DHS pretty awful.

Beaches n' cream for burgers or just ice cream;)

Not sure if you're on DDp, but Scifi is fun and air conditioned. Food-eh-shakes and fries' good. maybe a good lunch spot.

Chelley00
08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
one possible idea would be to take a little break and go over to the boardwalk or the beach club and eat at a CS place there. That's what I would do!

I've thought about Beaches and Cream. R would just want to eat ice cream and nothing else (so would I!) It's on our list!

but Scifi is fun and air conditioned.

We have an ADR for Sci Fi later in the week. I'm really nervous about it after reading some of the reviews though..

Day 3. Epcot again. We love Epcot. It usually takes us one day to Future World and one day to do World Showcase, so I'm not upset about scheduling 3 days in for it. Today is our Future World day. For this second Epcot day, our first order of business will be Soarin. Last year was my first time riding it. R loves it. We'll also have to do a few rounds of Test Track, thankfully avoiding Mission Space. We'll do Sunshine Seasons for lunch. OH how I dream about their turkey foccacia sandwiches :) We have an ADR this night at Coral Reef. R will LOVE this. She loves animals and mammals, so she should get a kick out of watching the fish swim nearby. A must do is Illuminations. We've never been! Some how we always end up leaving Epcot before the show! :scared1:

Day 4: AK We have an early morning ADR at Tusker House. Another first for us. After that, Expedition Everest. R literally rode this thing 20 times in one day on our last trip. I'm hoping she'll let my breakfast settle a little before we go!

With R's huge love of animals, I'm hoping we can spend some more time on the animal trails then we usually do. We usually run right through them to pacify R in between rides. Since this is her trip, we're going to focus more on the animals this time, which means ending our day at Rainforest Cafe. Totally not my choice (I'd rather go to Boma :) ) but this is one R will be thrilled to go to. Hopefully it will be warm enough after dinner to let R go swim.

Day 5: FINALLY Magic Kingdom: Stinks that both Tour Guide Mike and Unofficial Guide both say to wait this long in our trip to go to MK! Oh well, we've got 3 days here, so we can wait awhile. There is a MVMCP here this night so it closes at 7, but that's okay, because tonight is our Chef Mickey's ressie. Last year when we ate here I ended up with the flu that night, and so I'm a little icky about eating here again :) However, this was one of R's only 2 requests (besides 1900 Park Fare, which I can't get! :mad: ) I really really want to find a place to watch Electric Light Parade this night. Maybe monorail over to the Poly?

TinkerbellLuvr7
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
sounds great!!!!

I found after riding RnR esp if you are a shorter person, when I get in the ride and pull the restraint over, I kinda of use my feet to push down on the little bump in the car (you'll see it!) and push myself up as high as I can as much as possible to keep from banging my head and it works!! :) Before you can blink the ride will be over!!

Sci Fi is wonderful for kids, the reviews are eh. In the past the service has been slow so if you are looking for a quick in and out, you won't get it there! And even though the week will consist of non-stop burgers, they do offer burgers for dinner but they aren't on the menu if that would even apply to you :)

More happy planning!!!

shordiebecka
08-27-2009, 07:19 AM
that all sounds good! We spent a lot of time on the trails when we went to AK. The best time to do them is early in the morning- there was literally no one on any of the trails we did! We found that getting FP's for the rides and doing them in the afternoon and doing the trails in the morning went against what everyone else was doing! Can't wait to hear more!

Chelley00
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
as possible to keep from banging my head and it works!! :)

It's not the banging, it's the blood rushing to my head :)

The best time to do them is early in the morning- !

Thanks for the tip. We'll be sure to take one morning to do the trails first.

On again

Day 6: Epcot: Early morning breakfast at Akershus. We did this last year and really liked it. This is our World Showcase day. I'm really hoping to be able to do the Kim Possible missions with R. I plan on getting one of the movies to watch on the plane. Dinner this night is Garden Grill. I doubt this will be a late night because of our early morning ADR, so we'll see.

Day 7: Magic Kingdom. This morning we have an early breakfast at CRT. I'm still debating canceling this one because the reviews are getting worse and worse, but we enjoyed our breakfast here in 06, and loved getting in the park so early. My ideal would be getting 1900 for breakfast instead, but nothing is open :(

I'm REALLY hoping they'll be doing a soft opening of Space Mountain this day. R LOVES SM, and the fact that it's closed while we're there has really thrown her for a loop. It's scheduled to open on our last day, but it would be nice if it opens a little earlier.

Dinner this night is at Crystal Palace, and this is our only night to be able to see Spectro and Wishes!

Day 8: VACATION! :woohoo:

This is our off day. I've started a thread asking for advice about what to do this day to surprise R for her birthday.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268350

I've thought about MVMCP, La Nouba, Pirate and Pals Fireworks Cruise etc. I really don't want to take an entire day to do something (like Seaworld or Universal) so we have some time to hang out at the resort, rent a surrey bike (R's wish) or swim. I was thinking about sending her off on a pirate cruise from GF and going to get a massage. Is that selfish of me :)

ETA: Finally scored 1900 Park Fare dinner (yay) I scheduled it for this night. R is going to be so thrilled since I told her I couldn't get the ADR!

Chelley00
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Day 9: DHS Day 2

This is our day to hit TSM first. I also would love to head to Beaches and Cream for lunch. We'll see how that goes. Dinner this night is at Sci Fi. I'm sure R will love it, I'm a little nervous about it. We'll see how it goes.

Day 10: Second Animal Kingdom day. This morning I have Cape May scheduled for a very early breakfast. I'm really undecided about keeping it. I think we've decided to rent a car, which means it will be easier to get there. However, if we skip the car rental, we're going to cancel it. I can't imagine it will be easy to get to Cape May really early in the morning! And since we got 1900, it will take one of our TS credits and we'd have to pay for another meal OOP when we could eat breakfast in our room from our groceries. But, the pictures look cute and Minnie is usually there. Ahhhh, decisions!!

Dinner this night is one I'm excited about. Fulton's Crab House. R is a major lover of all things seafood (she's not a cheap date!) In our house you get to pick your restaurant for your birthday dinner, and R always picks Joe's Crab Shack so she can eat crab legs. I was very excited Fulton's has crab legs on their kids menu. This will also be our DTD evening so we can shop before dinner, and maybe stuff some Ghiradelli in for dessert :) I'm sure we'll also have some snack credits left for Goofy's!

Day 11: Last day :( We originally planned to leave on on day 10, but today is the day Space Mountain is supposed to open. Oh how I hope they are on schedule!!!!! R will be so disappointed if it's closed her entire birthday trip. So this morning, we are headed back to MK for rope drop, and dashing to Space Mountain to try and ride it. Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm so we'll have a good amount of time to hang around MK, go back and finish packing and maybe even taking a last minute swim before heading to MCO.

So, those are our tentative plans. The decisions still left are:

1. What to do on our free day?

2. Rental car, DME, towncar?

3. Cancel or keep Cape May breakfast before Animal Kingdom?

and I need to redo my packing list as the first one I made out was when we were planning to drive. I need to do some serious scaling down!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
08-31-2009, 10:09 AM
OOOOPS! I thought I subbed...actually I am sure I did, but it wasn't showing?? :confused3 So, I am subbed for sure now! Anyway, plans look good. Cape May is good! My suggestion for a birthday surprise is the Family Magic Tour in MK. It does require park admission though. There is a great surprise at the end. I don't want to spoil it for those that have never done it and would like to. But, if you wantto know what it is, pm me and I can tell you if you don't already know! Anyway, can't wait for more!

02AggieGirl
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
R is a roller coaster fan. And her big thing to do today is to make me ride RNR.

I hope my daughters turn out to be roller coaster fans! The oldest one is almost 6 and is TERRIFIED of Goofy's Barnstormer in Toontown! Oh, well.... :rotfl:

Day 10: Second Animal Kingdom day. This morning I have Cape May scheduled for a very early breakfast. I'm really undecided about keeping it. I think we've decided to rent a car, which means it will be easier to get there. However, if we skip the car rental, we're going to cancel it. I can't imagine it will be easy to get to Cape May really early in the morning! And since we got 1900, it will take one of our TS credits and we'd have to pay for another meal OOP when we could eat breakfast in our room from our groceries. But, the pictures look cute and Minnie is usually there. Ahhhh, decisions!!

Yay! I'm so glad you got 1900!!! :yay: I LOVED the characters when we went. They were great! :) Did you keep CRT then?

Chelley00
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
My suggestion for a birthday surprise is the Family Magic Tour in MK.

I did think about the Family Magic Tour, but I really want to find something we can do on our off day since we have one day without admission (we have 11 days and only a 10 day ticket) I may keep it in mind for an MK day since we have 3 days for MK.

Yay! I'm so glad you got 1900!!! :yay: I LOVED the characters when we went. They were great! :) Did you keep CRT then?

I did keep CRT just for the early entry to MK. (and I love the blueberry French Toast!) I'm so happy I got 1900, and I haven't told R yet. The only place she knows for sure we are going in Chef Mickeys.

So, I'm still here and still researching away. R has had some "issues" with her behavior lately, and I threatened to cancel her trip. Apparently she realized I wasn't fooling around, and the last couple of days she's been back to her normal self. I'm not sure if she was just tired from school starting back up, or just going through a snotty phase, but it won't fly here :eek:

I've been looking on ebay/etsy to have a shirt or two made for R for her trip. I found one person who makes incredible Minnie dressed in princess stuff. I may have to go with one of those! She already has a shirt that says "Birthday Girl" for one day.

I ordered a headphone splitter and 2 new sets of headphones for R and I to watch movies on the laptop on the plane. Yay for Best Buy giftcards! Now I need to pick out a couple of movies. I'm really thinking of picking up a Kim Possible movie since I don't think R has really ever seen any episodes. Then the Kim Possible missions at Epcot might make a little more sense to her.

Still need to decide on our off day activity. I really want to go to Universal, but R isn't buying it. The Mummy ride scared her, and she knows that's all I'll want to ride :) With R's love of animals, I thought about Sea World, but I really want the day to relax and swim (and do laundry) and just do something that evening. I'm debating now between MVMCP or La Nouba. Reading how crowded MVMCP gets, we may head towards La Nouba.

Okay, so today is my day off (yay for Fridays off!) and DH is finally out of the shower to watch littlest DS, so I'm off to the grocery store.

Have a great day!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I bet if you check with the resort they will have activities planned that you and DD could take part in??!!

shordiebecka
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Seaworld has awesome night time shows! When we went there, they were heavily advertising them..they have fireworks and a light.water show with shamu. Maybe you could relax in the morning/early afternoon, do laundry, then head to seaworld for night? Just a thought!

dreamer423
09-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm with you with the behavior. That's why i invented the Disney-o-meter. LOL. An immediate corrector of behavior!

As for your "free" day-Seaworld is a nice change, but not relaxing. Universal ha one side-I forget- that has simpsons, jimmy neutron, shrek-that marco likes. Also-Blizzard Beach is nice. Not 100% relaxing-but a few hours is tons of fun.

And finally-this year we're going to Blue Man group for a change. Kids seem to love it as well as La Nouba.

Whatever you choose-I'm sure it'll be fab!

02AggieGirl
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm with you with the behavior. That's why i invented the Disney-o-meter. LOL. An immediate corrector of behavior!

Haha! Hey good idea!! :)

I did keep CRT just for the early entry to MK. (and I love the blueberry French Toast!) I'm so happy I got 1900, and I haven't told R yet. The only place she knows for sure we are going in Chef Mickeys.

I loved the breakfast there when we went too. And there is something magical about early entry--glad you kept that one!

I think La Nouba is a great idea! I've never been and always wanted to try it. If you have a rental car, you might could go over to Fort Wilderness Cabins and do the s'mores and movie. There is a movie schedule on allears for the month of Sept right now so you could check back in Nov to see what would be playing that night. Here's the description of it from the site: "The campfire program has no admission fee and is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post."

Of course, your idea of going to GF's spa is great too! :thumbsup2

Chelley00
09-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm thinking about making a change :) Yes, again.

We got a pin code. The elusive 40% pin code. With my daughter's love of animals (she wants to be a vet) I'm thinking about upgrading to AKL. We do have an entire day to explore our resort, so I'm wondering if AKL would offer more than CBR? I'm going to have to do some research. Any ideas?

dreamer423
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm thinking about making a change :) Yes, again.

We got a pin code. The elusive 40% pin code. With my daughter's love of animals (she wants to be a vet) I'm thinking about upgrading to AKL. We do have an entire day to explore our resort, so I'm wondering if AKL would offer more than CBR? I'm going to have to do some research. Any ideas?
YES!!!!! AKl is great to hang out all day. they have "flamingo" feeding in the am, activities, crafts, a litte parade form the gift shop, a "Culinary tour" from Jiko and sometines Boma. A great pool. Story telling and naturalist talks at night. Not too mention all the different savannahs and the pool.

Can you tell I LOVE akl.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Yep...AKL has daily activities...plenty to do there so you won't have to leave!

02AggieGirl
09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I've never stayed at AKL, but if she loves animals then I say do it!! I'm happy you received the pin code!:banana:

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
You will LOVE AKL!! We stayed there last Dec and the day before the trip I went to the resort to give them my CM ID for the discount and ended up upgrading from a standard view to a savanna view for 50 bucks extra a night which was amazing. We didn't know how much we would get out of the animal view but omg, I can't tell you how amazing it was and we were able to see tons of animals at night as well, even some by sitting in the hot tub!

My former roomie in FL worked as an intern at AKL and they have a kids camp called Bush Camp that kids can do during the day and they do fun animal games and crafts. You might want to look into that for DD. You will not be upset with the switch!

MrsSpratt
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
HI!

I loved your first TR (but I felt SO BADLY FOR YOUR FAMILY) and I am thrilled to see a special "do-over" with your DD!

I got to spend an entire summer alone with my DM the summer I turned 8 - (no, my parents weren't divorcing:goodvibes) and I think it cemented our incredible bond we have to this day. Good call on the Mother/Daughter trip!

I would book AKL and NOT TELL DD. Tell her you have an ADR there, whatever - but have that be her "big" surprise.

I would also book the Pirates Cruise so you get some alone time - important for Mommies!

It all looks great, and I'm very excited for you!

Mrs. Spratt

SilverL
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM
i would book akl and not tell dd. Tell her you have an adr there, whatever - but have that be her "big" surprise.

i agree 100%!

Chelley00
09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
they have "flamingo" feeding in the am

Ohhh, R would LOVE this

Yep...AKL has daily activities...plenty to do there so you won't have to leave!

That's perfect. We always try to plan a day where we don't have to leave unless we go someplace that night

they have a kids camp called Bush Camp that kids can do during the day and they do fun animal games and crafts.

I read a little on allears about the camps. R would love to do any games or crafts about animals.

I got to spend an entire summer alone with my DM the summer I turned 8 - (no, my parents weren't divorcing:goodvibes) and I think it cemented our incredible bond we have to this day. Good call on the Mother/Daughter trip!

I'm so glad to hear that. As horrible as it sounds, R gets shoved aside sometimes since she's in the middle. The older 2 are so busy and have me running, and the little one is still young enough to NEED Mom, not just want her. I'm excited to have this one on one time with her!

i agree 100%!

Me too

:woohoo: Which is why I called and I booked it!!!!! :woohoo:

AKL savannah view for 10 nights. I'm so unbelievably excited. Our first time onsite and we get to go deluxe? I know R is going to be over the moon when she sees animals outside her room.

Only she's not going to find out until we get there. Any good ideas to help me pull off the birthday surprise?

I'd love for her not to know until we go to "look around" and then open the door for her. Think I can keep it a surprise until then??

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Why don't you tell her that you have an ADR at AKL the day of your arrival. Then, tell her that you are running late because of the airline or DME or whatever. You can say that you are just going to go right to AKL for the ressie with all your stuff and eat. Then you will go to your resort after eating. You can check in and let her think you are doing sometihng for the ADR and then tell her there is a room set up (your actual room) for you to change out of your travel clothes. Then, when you get in the room, let her in on the surprise. Just a thought???

Chelley00
09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Why don't you tell her that you have an ADR at AKL the day of your arrival

That's an idea! I've also thought about telling her we can't check into CBR yet (no explanation so I won't be "lying") and tell her we're going to go explore AKL since we might see animals.

I called today to try and book a Pirates and Pals cruise, and they were all booked :( I did find an Illuminations Cruise share though, and R and I are taking their last 2 spots. We've never seen Illuminations, so I'm excited we get to watch it this way!

I also called and got her scheduled for Pirates League today. She's such a tomboy and loves pirates, so she should really enjoy it. It's early in the morning, so I'd love for it to last through to the Illuminations cruise, but we'll see.

Other than that, I'm thinking about ordering R a shirt or two from etsy, and trying to decide if I'm going to plan anything for our free day, or if we're just going to spend the day enjoying AKL, go to dinner that night and come back to AKL to relax.

I'll have to start to panic soon, because we leave 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY!!!

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if you've decided to fly or drive but if you fly and don't get a rental car and use DME you'll have to hide the luggage tags from DD as they will say AKL because of your switch. If you drive, that is a little easier to pull off. In 2000 we were supposed to stay at POFQ but flew and got a rental car and my Ddad said that we were going to check out WL before checking into POFQ and pulled up to the security and he said we were checking in and gave the name and he turned around and said SURPRISE!!!
..so you might want to think about that too!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Lucky you!!!!!!! Your ticker says less than 2 months!!!! It's going to be here before you know it!

Chelley00
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure if you've decided to fly or drive but if you fly and don't get a rental car and use DME you'll have to hide the luggage tags from DD as they will AKL because of your switch.

We are flying, but I'm pretty sure we are going to rent a car. If we do end up taking DME, I'll remember the tags. Thanks!

Lucky you!!!!!!! Your ticker says less than 2 months!!!! It's going to be here before you know it!

R turned her countdown thing to 55 days today. It's unbelievable how quickly it's coming up!

So, our exciting news for today is that our trip is now

:woohoo: :dance3: PAID IN FULL :cool1: :cheer2:

So glad to have that off my plate. Now it seems "real"!

The past couple of days the littlest one O has had a temp, so I've been working from home. There is only so much I can do without my mail from work, so I've had lots of free time to work on some extras for our trip.

I've been spending some time on the DISigners board, and copied and changed invititations to meals, a journal for R to keep, the Epcot passport, a door hanger, mousekeeping envelopes and some t-shirt ideas. Now I just have to get rid of R so I can print them and take them to be bound. Thank goodness for the DISigners. I'd never have the time (or creativity) to get all that stuff done. Heck, I'm still working on our scrapbook from our 2008 trip (not to mention the cruise DH and I took for our anniversary this year!)

We have a leftover autograph book from our first trip that oldest DH didn't use (he was too "cool" for autographs) I think I may just change the cover on it and use it instead of making a new one.

On the home front it's been somewhat crazy. DD4 has been sick, DD13 has had soccer left and right (including extra practice to switch from defense to back in as goalie since their full time goalie got hurt at Mondays game....16 stitches!!) R's been talking nonstop about her trip. She got her school pictures back today. I'll have to scan it and post it.

We did go to the circus last weekend. A total last minute idea. The kids liked it. R got pulled out of the crowd by the jugglers, and one of them walked her in the middle of the 2 guys juggling bowling pins, had her stand there for a second, then walked her out. I was freaking out a little, but she was calm as could be.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d737b3127ccef87486e72f8400000040O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

That makes me think La Nouba is the thing to do on our free night. However, my dad's best friend lives in Tampa and invited R and I to come out a day and spend the day on their boat if the weather is nice. Part of me just wants to stay at AKL and let R do the activities all day, but the lure of the ocean....... We might just have to see what the weather will be like.

So, my to-do list is going to start getting longer I think. As it stands today:

Decide on DME vs rental car
Place Garden Grocer order (or Publix stop if rental car)
Figure out how to surprise R with AKL
Figure out what, if anything, to do on free day
Print and bind journal/autograph book/Epcot passport
Print and envelope dinner/Pirate League invites
Make or order shirts for R
Buy new rechargeable batteries for camera
Decide on gift basket or custom cake (not doing both, so I have to pick)
Write note for school/email teacher
Complete packing list
$1 bills for mousekeeping tips in envelopes
tip money for dinner in envelopes

I'm sure I get to add to that as the days go on!

Sarilas
09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm in!

I hope you do go for the MVMCP on the 19th- I would love to 'accidentally' run into you while there!

Tink9721
09-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Awesome report so far :cool1: I loved your last report...but I felt so bad for you :scared1: I'm sure this trip will be much better!!

Mother daughter trips are great! I always go with just my mom. I'm 16 and an only child. I've been 7 times. Almost every trip(except one) it's just been my mom and I. We have a blast together :goodvibes We've gone every year for the past 5 years. It's nice to have a week to ourselves. It's just the two of us at home(divorced parents) but it's good to get away without having to worry about work or school :)

She took me when I was 9. It was kind of a surprise...She told me she was taking me with her on a business trip to Charlotte(which happens a lot during my school vacations) but when we were making our connecting flight and I saw "Orlando" on the screen I figured it out. It's easier to surprise kids who can't read yet :lmao: We actually did go to Charlotte that trip too but after Disney. So she really didn't lie :rotfl:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
You are getting all set! Soon you will be packing and heading out the door! (Leaving the rest of us waiting to hear all about it when you get back!)

TinkerbellLuvr7
09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
yay!!!!!! You would love Cirque. I thought my dad would not enjoy the show when we went last march for my bday and he LOVED it. Loved is so much in fact that my Dmom, Ddad, Dbro, and I are going to see a Cirque show in Pittsburgh next month called Alegria (sp?). I need my disney fix up north so we're hoping the show can live up to La Nouba since we will not have time to see it while we're there in Dec.

I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend on a cake/basket but an idea for you..courtesy of my mom who did this for my birthday in March. She was looking into a flower basket and a cake for my Bday from CSR and ended up going with the lower end cake in price (about 25-30 bucks) and she went to disney florist.com and got me what they call "fairy godmother wand" which was a single rose decorated as a wand with pixie dust on it which was $30 so I got the best of both worlds!! and I still have the rose, it sits on my TV at my mom and dads house...just an idea??? If your interested in seeing the cake, if you click my thread at the bottom, go to the last page and you'll see it on one of my posts!!

Sounds like you have tons to keep you busy!!

Chelley00
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry I haven't updated lately, but I haven't been working much on our trip. DS13 tested positive for H1N1, and now R and I are home sick with him :( It actually hasn't been too bad. Hoping it stays that way!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Sorry I haven't updated lately, but I haven't been working much on our trip. DS13 tested positive for H1N1, and now R and I are home sick with him :( It actually hasn't been too bad. Hoping it stays that way!

Oh no!!! I hope you all feel better soon! My biggest fear is that one of us will get sick right before or during our trip again! (Happened the last two times!) One good thing is that you are still far enough out from your trip to get better before leaving! Here's something to make you better: :flower3:

Chelley00
09-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I hope you do go for the MVMCP on the 19th- I would love to 'accidentally' run into you while there!

I'm still undecided on MVMCP or La Nouba, or maybe just doing nothing at all. I probably should make up my mind soon! I think from reading your pretrip we are planned at the same parks a few days, so I'm sure we'll run into each other!

Mother daughter trips are great! I always go with just my mom. :

I'm so glad you feel this way. I hope that R is going to love her mother/daughter trip too! Poor thing is surrounded by boys at home!

You are getting all set! Soon you will be packing and heading out the door! (Leaving the rest of us waiting to hear all about it when you get back!)

I'm so ready! I can't wait until I can pack or something. Right now I feel like we're just sitting on a this trip, you know?

and she went to disney florist.com and got me what they call "fairy godmother wand" which was a single rose decorated as a wand with pixie dust on it

I've looked at disneyflorist. I still have a while to decide, but I'm thinking about just getting a basket from memoriesbybetsy. Ugh, decisions!

My biggest fear is that one of us will get sick right before or during our trip again!

I'm so glad we are getting this out of the way now. At least I don't have to worry about catching it at WDW!

I think everyone here is slowly on the mend. It seems like it hasn't been as bad as the media has made it out to be, although it's definately not fun to have swine flu! It's given me some time to hang out on the couch with the laptop and work copying and spacing R's Epcot passport, invititations, journal and autograph books I got from the Creative DISign thread. I'm going to try and print it while R is upstairs resting so I can at least mark those things off my list!

I think what I've decided to do for her surprise is just tell her we can't check into CBR, so we're going to go to AKL to look around. I'm going to type out a note for security gate that we are checking in but DD doesn't know it yet. Then hopefully I can do another one for check in, and send her off to watch TV and tell her I need to ask some questions at the desk. Technically not lying, right? I'd love for her not to know we are staying there until we let ourselves in the room. I may never be able to drag her away from the balcony to go to the parks!

Sarilas
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm still undecided on MVMCP or La Nouba, or maybe just doing nothing at all. I probably should make up my mind soon! I think from reading your pretrip we are planned at the same parks a few days, so I'm sure we'll run into each other!

Oh I just saw that! I hope we run into each other, for sure. Maybe we'll have to make SURE we do... ;)

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I hope you are going to have your camera ready for when you first get in the room and catch the expression on her face! It will be priceless and a great memory!

Chelley00
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh I just saw that! I hope we run into each other, for sure. Maybe we'll have to make SURE we do... ;)

Just look for the frazzled mom with curly hair being drug around by a skinny girl in glasses!

I hope you are going to have your camera ready for when you first get in the room and catch the expression on her face! It will be priceless and a great memory!

I told DH I wish he was going, so one of us could record and the other could take pictures! I can't do both!!

:banana:!!!!45 DAYS!!!!:woohoo:

So, I'm quite the happy camper today. I just happened to log on and see the Buy 4 Get 3 free deal. I wasn't sure if it would help us since we had the 40% off code, but I thought I'd try. I got the most wonderful CM who worked numbers all kinds of different ways, and found that by booking a 7 night stay with the B4G3, and then using our 40% off code for the rest of our stay, it saves us almost $200! Color this budget mommy very very happy!

AND, I got a sudden inspiration today and realized that we have a binding machine in our office, which means I can bind R's journals, passport and autograph books for free (minus tipping in a little money for the supplies!) I want to have them all done this week so I can mark that off my list!

Our weekend was quiet. I spent the weekend disinfecting our house. I believe everyone is on the upswing. DS13 went back to school today. I kept R home one more day just because she was still having some "stomach issues". I'm so ready to get back in our regular schedule! R is happy to be well so she doesn't miss her field trip on Thursday!

Sarilas
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Just look for the frazzled mom with curly hair being drug around by a skinny girl in glasses!

Likewise, I'll be the Mom pushing two pink strollers toting a husband with a video camera and three girls looking anxious. :rotfl:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
09-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Glad your house is healthy again! Congrats on the extra discount! I saw that new offer and was thinking about seeing if it would benefit me. But, I don't really think it will since we are doing split stay. But, we'll see!

Chelley00
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Likewise, I'll be the Mom pushing two pink strollers toting a husband with a video camera and three girls looking anxious. :rotfl:

Oh, how happy I am that I don't have to push a stroller around this trip (although, I'm going to miss the space to dump all my crap!

Glad your house is healthy again! Congrats on the extra discount! I saw that new offer and was thinking about seeing if it would benefit me. But, I don't really think it will since we are doing split stay. But, we'll see!

When I ran it for our full stay, it was more expensive, but just doing the Buy 4 and then the 40% off, it worked. The only thing is we have to check out and check back in, and according to the CM "they can't guarantee we can stay in the same room"??????????? From what I've read, no one has ever had to change, and we better not have to!

It's a lovely, cold rainy dreary day in Indiana today :rolleyes:. Standing outside Tuesday at DS13's soccer game, all I could think of was going to FL. :laughing: Of course, last time I went to FL, it was warmer here than it was there!

Our custom maps arrived today. Those are always so fun!

Today I was "working" from home, and printed our R's Epcot passport. Last night I printed and folded tip envelopes while watching Criminal Minds. I've also ordered new Teva Mush (oh how I love my Tevas) and updated my packing list. I'm at this weird "too far away to do anything but too close NOT to do anything" stage :)

Updating my to-do list

Decide on DME vs rental car Done, car rental reserved
Place Garden Grocer order order entered, just need to place and pay
Figure out what, if anything, to do on free day play at AKL that day, La Nouba, MVMCP that night??
Print journal/autograph book/Epcot passport Passport printed, journal laid out and waiting on new ink cartridge
bind journal/autograph book/Epcot passport
Print tip envelopes and dinner invites done
Print Pirate League invite
Make or order shirts for R (matching shirts if I make them??)
Decide on gift basket or custom cake ordered basket from memoriesbybetsy.com last night

Write note for school/email teacher (sent a heads up last week, send reminder 2 weeks before)
Complete packing list
make day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
We had a split reservations at AKL last Dec. Come to think of it, I can't even remember why but I have a feeling it had to do with my CM DDP and having to add it for 1/2 the stay because of the avalible dates..but anyways, we were able to staying in our same room-Savanah View with BB for all the 5 days. I would say unless the resort it 100% booked (not likely until Xmas week) you should be fine!!! Just verify with them when you check in and I'm sure they will go to that little back *magic* room and come back out and say everything is fine!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh...I hope you get to keep your same room! It may be a pain to have switch. But, no matter what, you will be in Disney at AKL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelley00
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
but anyways, we were able to staying in our same room-Savanah View with BB for all the 5 days.

That's good to hear!

Oh...I hope you get to keep your same room! It may be a pain to have switch. But, no matter what, you will be in Disney at AKL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't be horrible to have to move since it's just R and I, but I'm still hoping we get to stay put!

So, my OCD just wouldn't leave me alone, and I did some tweaking. I rearranged days and times for our Crystal Palace and 1900 ressies, and bought MVMCP tickets. I really was debating, but we've never been at Christmas and the party just kept calling my name :laughing: Plus, it was the cheapest night time option I had on my list. I made a 4:30 ADR for Crystal Palace on party night, so we can get in at 4 with our party ticket and eat with Pooh before the party. R thinks it's cool to stay at MK until midnight for MNSSHP, so I'm sure she'll love going to the Christmas party. So, mark "make plans for off day" off my to-do list!

I moved our 1900 dinner to our MK night. This was R's only request other than Chef Mickey's, and when I made ressies, I couldn't get 1900. She has no idea I finallhy got it. I made it at 5 which should give us time to get back to MK for our first ever viewing of Spectro (minus a few glimpses I had on our first trip as we were trying to leave the park!)

Today I found t-shirts on clearance at Target for $2.98 in R's size, so I bought 4 to make tshirts. I bought some rhinestone sayings in Disney font on ebay (Birthday Girl and It's My Birthday) and ordered her a couple of embroidered shirts from etsy. I'll make the last 2 from iron ons and we'll be set. I can mark half the "Make/order shirts" off my list.

And I got an email back from Memories by Betsy, and here is what she's putting in R's basket

Singing Birthday Minnie Plush
Birthday Ears w/name
Mickey Activity Kit (papers, markers, stickers)
WDW Beach Towel
AKL T-shirt (youth - Medium?)

I'm starting to get ridiculously excited and I can't really share it. R doesn't know anything other than she's going, and I don't want to talk about it at home in front of the other kids or DH (who don't care at all, I just feel guilty!)
I'm so glad I have this place to share or I would bust! We leave next month!! :woohoo:

Tink9721
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I've always wanted to go around Christmas but I'm still in high school and my mom doesn't like taking me out for more than 1 or 2 days(especially since I'm a junior. Most important year!) so the only time we could go would be during Christmas break which would be REALLY crowded! So our Christmas Disney trip will have to wait a few years :confused3

Sounds like you guys are going to have an awesome mother daughter trip!! :goodvibes

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Your basket sounds great! I can't wait to see the shirts that you make! Make sure you post pix up here! I am thinking about making some shirts myself!!! We'll see how time goes for me! You are just over a month away!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Chelley00
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I've always wanted to go around Christmas but I'm still in high school and my mom doesn't like taking me out for more than 1 or 2 days(especially since I'm a junior. Most important year!)

I have a son who is a junior. I wouldn't pull him out at all. I won't even pull the 8th grader out anymore. R's only in second grade. She won't be too bad off :)

I can't wait to see the shirts that you make! Make sure you post pix up here! I am thinking about making some shirts myself!!!

I cheated and ordered some off of etsy, but I'm going to make at least a couple. I'm starting to panic I won't get them done, but I have to remind myself that it's not like she won't have any clothes to wear if I run out of time! She has plenty of Disney-themed tees that will do.

It's a gorgeous fall day here today! I love fall. I wish I would have planned our trip for Oct again! I love Disney at Halloween, but I'm excited to see all the Christmas stuff (without the crowds, hopefully!)

I took a couple of pictures of some of our vacation prep! Thank goodness for the DISigner girls. I do digital scrapping and probably could have tried to make them myself, but it was SO nice to have them made and all I had to do was tweak them a little!

Mousekeeping envelopes. I need to make 3 more
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81a81df151800000040O38Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Restaurant envelopes
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81b11d6b42500000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and our first etsy arrival, Pirate Minnie for her Pirate League appointment! I'm so thrilled with how this turned out!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81b1b80354600000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I also bought R a bag to carry her autograph book. It's pink Minnie fabric and her name is on the adjustable strap. I bought the pins for her to put on it. It arrived a week or so ago, and I tucked it away and haven't taken a picture of it. I need to get that done and posted.

Mickey and Minnie pins
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81b0c9975cc00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Today I'm working on laying out journal pages in Word to print. The Epcot passport is printed and ready to be trimmed. It's hard trying to do it with R hanging around :) Even harder since today was her last day of school for Fall Break, so she's going to be here on Friday, which is my day off and my usual day to do projects. Right now she and DS13 are playing Mario Kart, so I've got some time :)

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Cute stuff!!!!! I love that shirt! The envelopes are great! You know...I've never gone over to the Disigners threads??!! I should go check them out!

Tink9721
10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I have a son who is a junior. I wouldn't pull him out at all. I won't even pull the 8th grader out anymore. R's only in second grade. She won't be too bad off :)

Yeah, my mom doesn't like pulling me out either. What happened the past couple years was, we couldn't get a flight out until the Wednesday of my vacation and couldn't get a flight back until the day school started again. If we go again during a vacation this year, we're going to try to leave earlier and get back earlier so I won't miss any school :) I miss elementary school. It was so much easier to go on vacation :laughing:

dreamer423
10-08-2009, 10:13 AM
And I got an email back from Memories by Betsy, and here is what she's putting in R's basket

Singing Birthday Minnie Plush
Birthday Ears w/name
Mickey Activity Kit (papers, markers, stickers)
WDW Beach Towel
AKL T-shirt (youth - Medium?)

Love what's in your basket! Thinking about one for Marco..

I cheated and ordered some off of etsy, but I'm going to make at least a couple. I'm starting to panic I won't get them done, but I have to remind myself that it's not like she won't have any clothes to wear if I run out of time! She has plenty of Disney-themed tees that will do.

I do the same thing!! I'm looking at Etsy and love the stuff-though there are ,as usual, more for girls. I'm thinking about one of the Jedi Mickey ones for him. Also about iron cuz i just found the good transfer paper I thought i had lost.

Mousekeeping envelopes. I need to make 3 more
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81a81df151800000040O38Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Restaurant envelopes
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81b11d6b42500000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and our first etsy arrival, Pirate Minnie for her Pirate League appointment! I'm so thrilled with how this turned out!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce26b3127ccef81b1b80354600000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Love these! I've never done restaurant tip ones before. Maybe...

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice envelopes!!! Silly question but when do you present the restaurant ones? Do you leave it on the table with the tip inside? or do you do the tip on a credit card but leave that anyway?

When I worked at BBB I got one once and I was just thrilled to get something like that!

Chelley00
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
:cool1:FIVE WEEKS FROM TODAY:banana:

Cute stuff!!!!! I love that shirt! The envelopes are great! You know...I've never gone over to the Disigners threads??!! I should go check them out!

I love reading through the DISigner thread. There are so many fun things over there. It can be dangerous, because you see all these things you want to do, and don't have time to finish! (like me!)

I miss elementary school. It was so much easier to go on vacation :laughing:

Not just vacation. Elementary is much more fun!

I'm thinking about one of the Jedi Mickey ones for him. Also about iron cuz i just found the good transfer paper I thought i had lost.

I love Jedi Mickey!

Silly question but when do you present the restaurant ones? Do you leave it on the table with the tip inside? or do you do the tip on a credit card but leave that anyway!

I put cash in them and leave them on the table. I leave everything in the safe and just take that day's envelopes in my Passporter pocket. I just like having tips budgeted ready to go.

Today I got the picture of R's finished basket for approval. How unbelievably cute is this??

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce29b3127ccef804cd235ac000000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

It's pouring rain here today. Supposed to rain the next 2 days with up to 5 inches of rain. Thankfully the older kids are out of school for Fall Break, which means no standing in line for carpool, or soccer practices! DS13 has tournament on Friday night/Saturday morning, but they drew the bye for Friday. Unfortunately, that means we have to be there at 8am on Saturday, and it's going to be stinking cold! (40 degrees!)

Updating my to-do list:
Update Passporter with changed ADRs
Update Passporter with confirmation number of room only stay
Print MVMCP tickets and put in Passporter
Print journal/autograph book/Epcot passport Passport printed, journal laid out
Make and print last 3 mousekeeping envelopes
Make and Pirate League invite/Illuminations Cruise
Make 3 shirts for R
Pay for basket when invoice arrives
Write note for school/email teacher (sent a heads up last week, send reminder 2 weeks before)
Complete packing list
make day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!
Confirm ADRs

The list keeps getting longer while the time gets shorter! :scared1:

Tink9721
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Not just vacation. Elementary is much more fun!

Very true! I miss all those parties that we had for every holiday and before vacations. Now those days are just more school work :sad2:

I love the basket! Would it be wrong to order one for myself? :rotfl:

02AggieGirl
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Love all your stuff you've made/bought. You're daughter is lucky :) I am so inspired!! I'm going all out for our next trip...surely it makes the waiting easier if you are doing Disney at home!!

Chelley00
10-10-2009, 01:49 PM
:cool1: We got Mickey Mail! :cool1:

I wasn't expected it so soon, yet today it was in the mailbox! So exciting!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't know if you realize it, but in less than an hour from now...your ticker will be under 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's celebrate for you!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!
And, that basket is absolutely adorable! Great buy!

Chelley00
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
:banana:30 DAYS!!!:banana:

I'm excited, and slightly paniced. I'm way too OCD and I like to have things done! Not going to happen just yet.

However, this weekend I did get a few things done. I pulled out our over the door shoe holders and started packing them with samples I have stashed in our "vacation box" and some of the items left over from the cruise DH and I took this summer (sunscreen etc) I also dug out the suitcases to try and make a decision on buying a new carry on or just using our old luggage. Our really light suitcase was destroyed by Princess Cruises this summer, so if I check a big bag, it has to be the one that already weighs almost 20 lbs. Decisions!

I also finished printing all the journals. I meant to bring them to work to bind, but I left them on the table.

Updating my to-do list:
Print MVMCP tickets and put in Passporter
Make and Pirate League invite/Illuminations Cruise
Make shirts for R
Pay for basket when invoice arrives
Complete packing list
Confirm ADRs
make luggage decision (new or old)

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I am so upset that so many of our countdowns are not visible! I was enjoying watching my crown make it's journey to the end of the banner!! Anyway, I think you are at 23 days??!!

Chelley00
10-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I am so upset that so many of our countdowns are not visible! I was enjoying watching my crown make it's journey to the end of the banner!! Anyway, I think you are at 23 days??!!

I know. I may have to go somewhere else and make a ticker. It's driving me nuts, especially since R is in charge of our little countdown thing at home, and she either forgets to do it, or does 2 in one day. :)

OMG 3 weeks from today, at this very time, we'll be eating a late lunch at Le Cellier. :thumbsup2

I've had sick kids again (sore throats, runny noses, cough) plus DS13 has been knee deep in soccer tourneys (lost in the second round) and work has been crazy, not to mention I hurt my back last week and have been spending lots of time at the chiropractor and at therapy. I can finally stand upright, but chiro is totally not jiving with my roller coaster riding in 3 weeks. He said I should be okay, but he's not happy about it. :( So, I haven't been plugging away at my vacation to-do list, and I'm starting to freak a little. I've got to get on the ball!

Updating my to-do list:
Print MVMCP tickets and put in Passporter Done
Make and Pirate League invite
Make shirts for R 2 done, 2 to go
Make my "I'm with the birthday girl" shirt
Pay for basket when invoice arrives Done
Complete packing list
make day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities! Done, unless something else comes up
Confirm ADRs

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-22-2009, 02:09 PM
OK...tickers are back and yours says 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What??? I can't wait for mine to say 20 days! You will already be on your trip when mine says 20 days!!! That's crazy! Anyway, hope everyone gets better soon! I have been sick all week also. I don't like being sick, but I'd rather have it now than while on vacation!

Tink9721
10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry about your back and all of the sick kids! :( Swine flu hit my high school recently...We're all getting vaccines next week. I hate shots :sad2: Oh well, I'll take one little prick over the swine flu. There are a few other things going around my school. There have been at least 3 people absent in every single one of my classes all week. And I have a cough and a sore throat. :sick: No fun, but at least it's not bad enough for me to be out of school. I'm so glad it's the weekend though :rotfl:

I wish I could say I'm going to Disney in 18 days :laughing:

Chelley00
10-25-2009, 08:23 AM
We're in the teens! Woo hoo!

The kids decided to share their germs with me, and it's turned into my yearly sinus infection. Just so thankful and it happened now and not at WDW!

Yesterday we carved our pumpkins...all Disney themed. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. I meant to go out last night and take a picture of them lit up, but I had a horrible sinus headache and went to bed early!

Here's R doing her Minnie pumpkin
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce04b3127ccef826541df55900000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Earlier this week I finished 2 shirts for her and one for me. I still need one more for R. And I'm waiting on 3 shirts from etsy. One lady has been in touch with me, but I haven't heard anything from the other. That's making me a little nervous since we leave in a little more than 2 weeks.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce04b3127ccef827fb1895df00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Friday I took all R's journals and passport to work to bind. I think they turned out great and can't wait until she gets to use them!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce04b3127ccef82756f154c800000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Yesterday I packed about half our clothes and started filling our over the door shoe holders. I really hate this in between, where you can kinda pack, but not really! It did feel good to get some things in a suitcase, though.

Now I'm deciding if I want to change our MVMCP party dates if WDW will let me. We're going on a Thursday, and from the polls I've seen, it looks like it will be the busiest day (TGM said Thursday and apparently everyone is listening!) I'd like to change it to Sunday, but then I'll have to rearrange some ADRs. We've always had good luck with MNSSHP on Sundays. Part of me is just saying to leave it alone, but I really don't want to pay $100 for MVMCP tickets for it to be too busy to do anything :(

Updating my to-do list:
Make decision on changing MVMCP dates, rearrange ADRs?
make autograph book?
make activity book for plane ride?
Get movies for plane ride
Make 1 last shirt for R
Complete packing list
make day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities! Done, unless something else comes up
Confirm ADRs

disneygirlinnj
10-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow the journals and everything look amazing!!! I just counted and OMG I have 20 days until we head down for the launch!! I didn't even THINK that it's THAT close!!! EEEK!!!! Now it's time for me to start freaking out, haha!

Chelley00
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I didn't even THINK that it's THAT close!!! EEEK!!!! Now it's time for me to start freaking out, haha!

I'm beyond freaking out. My list keeps getting longer

Just popping in to post our Disney pumpkins!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9ce04b3127ccef826a3c5345200000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Tink9721
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Aww those pumpkins are adorable!!!

Are your kids going trick or treating? I wish I could still go but I'm 16, so I guess I'm too old now...although I went last year with my 18 year old cousin :lmao:

I can't believe it's already the end of October. It'll be time for my potential February Disney trip before I know it! It's not definite yet, but my mom's looking into it :thumbsup2

disneygirlinnj
10-27-2009, 08:44 AM
omg i LOVE your pumpkins!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Those pumpkins are great!! I also love the shirts! What did you use to make them?

Chelley00
10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Are your kids going trick or treating? I wish I could still go but I'm 16, so I guess I'm too old now

The 16 and 13 year olds are staying home, but the R and the baby will trick or treat. I went my senior year of high school, but only to our friends' houses!

omg i LOVE your pumpkins!

Thank you! We had fun doing them! Get that trip report finished!

Those pumpkins are great!! I also love the shirts! What did you use to make them?

I ordered the rhinestone transfers from etsy, then just ironed them on! They were SOOO easy!

I can't believe we are almost at 2 weeks. I'm starting to get nervous! Last night I placed our Garden Grocer order, so that's off the list. I also printed the activity book for the plane, just need to take it to work and bind it. It seems like I'm slowly checking stuff off the list, but adding more to it! R hasn't seen any of this stuff yet. It's going to be fun watching her face when I hand her the journals, shirts and books!

This weekend my plans are to finish the mousekeeping envelopes, invites and tshirts and go shopping for carry on luggage. I'm not totally set on buying a new suitcase, but I want to see what's out there. I think I'm okay with checking one bag and doing the rest in carry ons (leaving on carry on pretty empty for all the Christmas shopping I'm planning on doing!) I havent flown commercially as an adult, so this packing thing (and then having to fly!) are freaking me out a little!

make autograph book?
bind activity book for plane ride?
Make 1 last shirt for R
Complete packing list
finish and print day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!
Confirm ADRs

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Hmmmm....I am on the hunt for some carry-on luggage myself. I am trying to keep the checked luggage to a minimum because of the fees. We have five people though so that is tough. I think I can at least get all of the kids' stuff in carry-ons and maybe some of DH's and my stuff. I'm shooting for only two checked bags. Anyway, I am so jealous that your trp is in two weeks...wish I was that close!

TinkerbellLuvr7
10-30-2009, 12:59 PM
those pumpkins are sooooo cute!!!!!!!

I love the shirts for DD. I'm sure they will be a lot of attention :)

wld4mky
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi, I am leaving in 10 days and have forgotten where I went to print the tip envelopes for mouskeeping. Can you share the info?

Lizziejane
10-30-2009, 08:24 PM
oh my...I am so in awe of your planning/organization! :worship: I usually start to pack (literally), the night before!! Can you come organize us for our trip?!

I'm enjoying your report and countdown - I'm excited for you! There something soooo sweet about being in the final countdown!

Chelley00
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm....I am on the hunt for some carry-on luggage myself.

I've been looking, but I guess I'm just going to use our junky old stuff and pray the airline doesn't destroy it.

I love the shirts for DD. I'm sure they will be a lot of attention :)

I hope so. R may not. She's not a fan of being the center of attention

Hi, I am leaving in 10 days and have forgotten where I went to print the tip envelopes for mouskeeping. Can you share the info?

I got it all from the Creative DISigns board. Most came from donatalie's thread.

oh my...I am so in awe of your planning/organization! :worship: I usually start to pack (literally), the night before!! Can you come organize us for our trip?!

Packing the night before would totally give me hives. I'm a chronic over planner!

Holy cow, we got to Disney NEXT WEEK!! :banana:

Well, we go if R straightens up her act. Wow, is she ever going through a not so good behavior thread phase right now. I'm not sure what to do with her. Hopefully it's just clamoring for attention and the trip will help, but part of me is thinking rewarding her with a trip is just wrong. Yikes! DH is insisting we go, and I really don't want to cancel it, but she better straighten up fast! (I may have to go alone :laughing: )

Anyhow, I'm going on as we're going and keeping up my planning and packing. Today I even checked in online. That makes it seem so real!

We also got another round of etsy shirts today. A Minnie dressed in leopard print for Animal Kingdom days, and our Minnie JOY shirts for MVMCP. Now just waiting for one more, Minnie as Cinderella.

I've got my fill in arranged for work and have her instructions written down. I have a few things I'll have to cram in next week before Wednesday, but it should be easily doable.

Okay, off to make dinner, then get to working marking some of this stuff off my list!

make autograph book?
bind activity book for plane ride?
Make 1 last shirt for R
Complete packing list
finish and print day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!
Confirm ADRs

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe the excitement of knowing she is going away is what has her acting differently?? I hope she is good for you on vacation! I'm sure she will be...it's all about her! Wait until she sees all of the surprises you have for her!

9 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Chelley00
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Holy cow, we leave THURSDAY!!!!

It's really snuck up on me the past couple of weeks. I feel unprepared! It's total panic mode here. Airline restrictions are murder on OCD over packers like me!

We are pretty much packed, other than I still need to decide on luggage. I have our old stuff packed, but our old luggage is HEAVY (almost 20 lbs without anything in it!) which means I'm already at 50lbs without souveniers/Christmas shopping! I need to either buy lighter luggage, borrow an extra carryon from someone and make R take it along with her backpack, or I need to maybe ship stuff home. Driving is so much easier just because you can cram as much as you want to in the van!

Yesterday R and I counted her Mickey Money box.. $62.00! Plus some odd change leftover which we'll take for tolls.

Figure out how to surprise R with AKL writing note for security guard and check in stating that we are checking in but it's a surprise. Hopefully they'll play along!
bind activity book for plane ride? Must do at work tomorrow!
Get movies for plane ride buying UP tomorrow
Make 1 last shirt for R
print day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!
Confirm ADRs
Take R's change to bank to exchange for cash
pick up prescription refills and pack
pack R's meds
charge laptop/cell phone/camera batteries on Wednesday

I'm sure there is a ton more, but that's what I have so far!

And I think my countdown is screwy. We leave in 3 days (unless it's already done counting today??)

dreamer423
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow! it really cam up fast!

i hear ya with the behavior. Maybe it is a 2d grade thing? i made a paper chain counter and was so excited for us to count. And now its still long b/c I'm not too happy with recent sauciness.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
You have got to be a huge bag of mixed emotions! Excited, nervous, not sure if you are forgetting something, can't wait to give R all her surprises, etc....Thursday will be here SOOOOOOOOOOOO soon!

StefaniLyn
11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
you are soooooooo close! 2 or 3 days, lol either way is just around the corner!! I think I may need to borrow your listing your list idea! Accountability to someone, anyone, motivates me!

I hope you have a wonderful, magical:wizard: time on your trip!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Today's the day!!!!!! Yeah for you and R!!!!!! Can't wait for you to get back so we can hear all about it!

StefaniLyn
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink9721
11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope you guys are having an awesome time! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :goodvibes

Chelley00
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
We are home! We had a great time, but boy, is it wonderful to be back. The crowds were picking up crazily Sat and yesterday (80 minute waits for Test Track when last Monday we waited FIVE!) We had perfect weather minus the first cool rainy day, no waits for anything and just had amazing food, service and lots of magic! I can't wait to get our trip report started. I took 1,500 pictures (but will not post them all!! :rotfl: )

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
We are home! We had a great time, but boy, is it wonderful to be back. The crowds were picking up crazily Sat and yesterday (80 minute waits for Test Track when last Monday we waited FIVE!) We had perfect weather minus the first cool rainy day, no waits for anything and just had amazing food, service and lots of magic! I can't wait to get our trip report started. I took 1,500 pictures (but will not post them all!! :rotfl: )

Yay!!!! Glad to have you back!! Can't wait to hear all about it! When are you starting the TR???? I hope I get to see some before I go in nine days!!

dreamer423
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear/see all about it!

Chelley00
11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Trip report started!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34454058&posted=1#post34454058

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Heading over!!!!