PDA

View Full Version : Fl resident packages question

wdwlovin'family
08-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Does every person that in staying in a room booked with a FL resident package have to be a FL resident? I know this isn't the case with AP holders. Let me explain...

We have a trip in December that is quickly turning into a grand gathering of sorts. We're coming down from WI, and meeting up with my sister and her dh who are both FL residents and AP holders. We decided on bringing my 81 yr. old grandpapa (who is also a FL resident) out to the parks for 2 days with us and booked him a 2 day + dining pkg. Now, we are contemplating having my uncle come down from NH. He would stay with my grandpapa. Therefore, the question, can he (uncle from NH) stay in a room that was booked under a FL resident package and use the park tickets?

If he can't, my sister will probably book a room with her AP discount and have them buy tickets via undercover tourist or something like that.

Was that as clear as mud?

buzznina
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Your uncle will not be able to use the park tickets because when you go to trade in you FL resident ticket voucher at customer services for the actual park tickets you are required to show them a florida ID. I am not sure about adding him to the room that is a package deal. I do know that AP room rates are a little more cheaper then FL resident rates.

wdwlovin'family
08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok. I didn't realize they gave you a voucher to redeem. And, you're right, after looking at it, the AP deal is better anyway. Thanks!

Disneyboundf16743
08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Extra people can stay in a room but you will add them when you check in. Just let them know they will be staying in the room but not in the package. Then you can purchase a ticket for them. Then only thing they can not get is the dining plan.

Laurie
Your uncle will not be able to use the park tickets because when you go to trade in you FL resident ticket voucher at customer services for the actual park tickets you are required to show them a florida ID. I am not sure about adding him to the room that is a package deal. I do know that AP room rates are a little more cheaper then FL resident rates.