PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this? Package vs. Room Only

DisneyCruiser2008
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
We are doing a split stay in June... (2 adults 2 children) I already booked room only at AKL Club Level for 5 nights (June 10-15) directly through Disney.

I thought for the first half, I would just book a package (no dining) and get our tickets, etc. for the whole trip. We are planning to stay at Pop for the first 5 days....

So -- I went on the Disney site to price it out... Pop (Preferred Room) for 5 days plus 9 day Hopper tickets (2 adults, 2 kids) will be $1952.28.

Pop (Preferred room) Room only for those same 5 days is $771.... 9 Day Hoppers (separately) are $1102... So that comes out to $1873....

Booking separately is cheaper than the package, right? I don't really see the benefit of the package, unless you want dining?

Also -- from what I could tell, buying the Hoppers off of Disney's website looked cheaper than buying them from Undercover Tourist's site -- which I know a lot of people recommend... I don't get that either?

Maybe I am reading the prices wrong?

lovesdumbo
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
you are probably missing the taxes on the Disney price list for passes

undercover tourist is cheaper than Disney

buying a package also means you have to pay a $200 deposit up front and the balance 45 days out. If you book a room only you pay a one night deposit and the balance at check in.

The cancelation policy is more strict on the package as well.

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure why the package price is different for you... but I do know that Disney's prices on their website do NOT include taxes. Undercover Tourist's site DOES include taxes. Perhaps that's the difference in the package prices?

DisneyCruiser2008
08-06-2009, 04:15 PM
That's probably it -- the taxes... I bet Disney's package price already contains the taxes as well? That would make the room only + ticket price almost exactly the same as the package price.... that makes more sense.... :goodvibes

snykymom
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
The package quote doesn't include taxes until you go to book it.

It may be that the website usually adds trip insurance to a package and you have to remove it to get the comparison price to room-only and tickets.

And UT is cheaper on tickets because it includes both taxes and shipping. Disney's site includes neither. Back out 6.5% from UT's prices and you'll see the difference.

DisneyCruiser2008
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I decided to book room only for now... and I'll get my tickets through UT closer to the date! :goodvibes