PDA

View Full Version : OT ish - Mulan Dress age 5-6 anyone know where?

PJackson
08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I really would like to get hold of a Mulan dress age 5-6 yrs for my DD1. She is going to have a dental operation in about 10 days time and I'd like to get her one as a present after the op (plus she can wear it on our trip!!)....

I'm having real problems getting one in that size - all sold out! Even tried ebay and got outbid on one when I didn't get a chance to get back on DH's laptop :eek: There is another now but the back is hanging off (the chiffon) and I couldn't fix it.

If anyone knows of one around please could you let me know. I can't order from abroad due to the risk of not arriving in time.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup2

angel_nix
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Have you looked in M&S and Asda? They often sell fancy dress costumes that you aren't the same princess ones over and over. Woolies online?

PJackson
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Have tried all those - not a one to be seen :( I'm not sure they are actually making Mulan dresses anymore so it's just old stock I think in other places :confused3

Thanks anyway - it would be Mulan she asked for wouldn't it - although she did ask for Santa to bring it but I thought it would be a nice thing after her op :rolleyes:

MummyMinnie
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Tesco had quite a few new Disney costumes when I was in the other day but I didn't really have a look which ones, I'll be going either tomorrow or Saturday so will be more observant. They were only 14 which is good and the couple I did notice were Snow White and the pink one (is that Sleeping beauty):confused3

MinnieMouse73
08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
oh dear, if only you had asked a few weeks ago .... I just gave my daughter's mulan dress away ... :scared1:

scampbunny
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
hiya
which is the one on ebay that needs fixing??? i wud be happy to mend it for u if u let me know the listing i can have a look and check if its fixable.

maybe itll go cheaper if its 'damaged' ???

(always used to buy clothes, and still do sumtimes, that have rips and damage to them - and then mend them and have a bargain!!)

scampbunny
08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
found this seller that has them brand new - and says they have 5/6
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNWT-Disney-Princess-Outfits-6-Princess-Various-Sizes_W0QQitemZ390074296200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C lothes_Children_sFancyDress_RL?var=&hash=item99ab1128a9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

apologies if u already seen it...

and found this one too...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Disney-Princess-Mulan-dressing-up-5-6_W0QQitemZ220463540125QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cloth es_Children_sFancyDress_RL?hash=item3354a6a79d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

PJackson
08-07-2009, 04:30 AM
Aww Nikki - you are a star! Thanks for the offer - I'll see what happens. :lovestruc

The first dress doesn't have any in her size when you click on boxes.

The second one is a brand new listing so I hadn't seen it - thanks - I've sent her a msg asking if she'd sell to me now and withdraw listing as otherwise I wouldn't get it in time for DD1 coming out of hospital. Will see what she says - I wouldn't normally ask but I'm desperate!! :eek:

Mummyminnie - if you'd have a look for me I'd be grateful but Mulan seems to be a bit scarce esp in this size!

Minniemouse - if only I'd known :scared1:

After all this, she WILL be wearing it for our trip if we get one :thumbsup2 Maybe for the Stars n Cars parade :thumbsup2

angel_nix
08-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Might be worth emailing the other seller to see if she has anymore coming into stock or could source one for you as she has an ebay shop aswell.

PJackson
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Just wanted so say a HUGE thank you to Nikki as that ebay seller agreed to do a buy it now and I was able to buy that Mulan dress :banana:

I'm so pleased as I know it will make DD1's day after her surgery :goodvibes Not to mention how pleased she'll be to wear it to Stars n Cars parade when I tell her Mulan will be there :lovestruc

Of course, I have to have it in my sticky mitts so maybe I'm counting my chickens but I'm sure it will be fine :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid83
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Great stuff Patsy!

scampbunny
08-08-2009, 03:42 AM
woooooooo hooooooooooooo
so glad i was able to help!!!!
i know that sumtimes sellers will end early if there is a good offer and a good reason, and know i wud have ended if it was me!!!
hope dd is thrilled with it & that her op goes ok!

PJackson
08-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks Nikki :thumbsup2

mommy2ash
08-08-2009, 09:12 AM
thats great. i had been looking for you but i am useless at searches on ebay.