PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP - CAR!!!! *update*

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
They came down another $3000. Yes or no???

The bank loan is approved, financially we will still be in good shape even with the payments.

And the Mini might be mine too. the German guy can't secure insurance in Germany or the UK.

rlovew
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I would say that if you were looking at needing to put close to 10,000 into your old car getting the new one is a better deal. If you can financially handle the payments I think that would be the better place to put your money. At the same point I would advise you to pay off the loan as quickly as possible by increasing your payment and I would never sign a loan with an early payment penalty.

Rebecca

PrincessNancy96
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
What is the car?
I would say if it's going to work and get everyone to/from and you safe get it... it's a monthly payment vs 10K out of pocket in one swoop!

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 02:12 PM
The car is the Audi Q7 diesel. I could potentially drive this car for 15 years, it's the best of the best engine wise. It's a lot of money, though. I'm scared!!!!

Rebecca I always paid more then the minimum, plus the loan is through my bank, not their financing so I feel more secure with that. I can also get the disability insurance where if DH gets hurt or what ever, the bank will pay the loan.

rlovew
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
My husband say while Audis are expensive they are also wonderfully made and very safe.

Rebecca

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree, before the mitsubishi we always drove VW's. The germans have mastered engineering. The only reason we bought the Montero was because when DS7 was born the Passat was tight with 2 car seats and an booster and VW didn't make anything bigger. Man, I loved that car!

and fyi, yes I would buy American if I could but I have never been able to reach the pedals on a Ford, ever. And I don't feel comfortable driving an Escalade or a Surburban, too much car for little ol' me.

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
And Lisa said the same thing, it really comes down to the safety of the kids. I won't even drive my car to her crops because it's been acting funny. I don't want to be out somewhere with the kids and something bad happens.

AlexWyattMommy
08-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I would never give you grief for not buying American. Right now, that doesn't seem like the best idea. If they do go belly up, what good is any warranty?

I would get the newer car. payment vs lump sum in this economy, I'd rather be able to have the cash at hand. Can't do that if you pour the whole thing into repairs.

Oh, and I just googled the Audi. Oh my, she sure is purdy Sheldon. [cousin to Plankton] You should totally get that.

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
We did it. It will be ready at 2 pm tomorrow. I'm sad to see my car go but this one is sweet.

AlexWyattMommy
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
What color?

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 06:16 PM
white with black interior

AlexWyattMommy
08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
:cloud9:

Congrats on the new car!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks!!

Wanna ride??? :car: :rotfl2:

AlexWyattMommy
08-06-2009, 06:44 PM
If you would just move here, you could drive me to the crops. :thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats!!! :)

We are still looking.. I don't want a car payment again until I pay mine off in December.. but I have 2 vans I really, really like... however one of them I don't like the 2nd row bench seating.. I want to captains seats....so it's really not a viable option!

DH is trying to talk me into a 5 seater since we will still have the mini-van for big events.... however, I have to have a vehicle that sits up off the road (unlike a car) after 8 years of driving higher off the ground I feel like I get road rash when I drive in a car! LOL

rlovew
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the Car!!!

Rebecca

Lisa
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
And Lisa said the same thing, it really comes down to the safety of the kids. I won't even drive my car to her crops because it's been acting funny. I don't want to be out somewhere with the kids and something bad happens.

When it comes to being on the road, safety first!

white with black interior

It must be a thing of beauty! Can't wait to see it Saturday. Will you let me sniff its new car smell? First person to spill it in gets to clean stalls! :ride:

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Sadly it doesn't have a new car smell because the GM had all his personal crap in it. But DH did give them a laundry list of things to do including new car smell! LOL

PrincessNancy96
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I know it wants to find it's way WEST to Indiana.. point it our direction! :)

BernardandMissBianca
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
It does have a Gertie built right in.......

morgansmom2000
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Oooh, I had an Audi Coupe right out of college. OMG, I loved that car! Congrats! Sorry about the payments, but what can you do?

DH and I both drive Toyotas and probably will forever, they are both paid off and I'm thinking Morgan will get Daddy's Echo when it's time for her to drive (she's 9, it could definitely last that long, especially since he only drives about 100 miles a week). I'll have to have a new one way before he does, I drive much more than he does and my car is bigger, so we take it everywhere.

party of 3
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
i'm hoping bubba with drive the holvo someday! he's 7. so how many more years do i have to have it?? 9! yup. that's what the plan is!

buffy-congrats on your new car!

tinkryansmom
08-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Buffy congrats on the new car!! So do love that new car smell - I will hope the detailing crew will add a bit back in for you before you pick it up!!

We have to do something with one car also - before we moved here my DH was commuting and we leased a Volvo - LOVE IT!! But its really too small for all of us to travel in so we always take my F150 SuperCrew (my minivan!!) but now he is up against his allowable lease mileage so - its buy this Volvo out or get something new.

MazdaUK
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Congrats on the new car - Audi is a brilliant make! The most expensive serviceing we ever had (apart from the Volvo) was our Jeep Cherokee;) We have a Toyota now and want to keep it a few years yet (touch wood)

bigbabyblues
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Congats on the new car!!

Steph

lovingthemouse
08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow Buffy, it is gorgeous. I have to admit that I went to the Audi site to see what it looked like - i really don't know anyone with one. I'll bet you are very excited - as Lisa said it is better to be safe!!! Congrats to the Blinks!!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Come to the crop tomorrow and we'll give it a spin!!

Lisa
08-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh, Buffy's baby is a thing of beauty. You can turn it on with a push of a button! No key needed in the ignition.

DH saw me behind the wheel and told me not to get any ideas. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

PrincessNancy96
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
LOL!!! :)

I'm thinking of getting PJ and DH both smaller cars and trading in his truck....
I really like my van...and I think it will be more beneficial for us...
Good thing I have 3 months to decide... I told PJ if we got the 2 smaller car route..that is her Birthday and Christmas presents.... she was cool with that...

BernardandMissBianca
08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
PJ needs a hybrid!! A cute little Prius or something.

DH, ehhh, he can walk.

joyah
08-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Happy new car BAMB, I'd love a new one but alas..............

Nan of course PJ's cool with that she's your kid! Don't tell her that my first car was a mustang! Man that was a cool car for the 80's. DS11 saw pics of it the other day and asked if it was an antique:eek: Told him after a comment like that he wont be getting the Sequoia. I'd planned on driving that for the next 5 years. by that point it will be 13 years old should be in the perfect condition for a teenage boy to have.:lmao::lmao:

party of 3
08-09-2009, 07:06 AM
a mustang??!! how cool were you!!!! i would have loved that!

my first car was a '79 vega! gross blue! and the ignition broke so dh (who was just the boyfriend at the time) hot wired it and put a push button on the dashboard so i just go in and pushed the button and off i went. no key. no problem! it was great!

Nan, good for PJ. she'll love that!

morgansmom2000
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Oh, Buffy's baby is a thing of beauty. You can turn it on with a push of a button! No key needed in the ignition.

DH saw me behind the wheel and told me not to get any ideas. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Oh my, I really hope we're still talking about the vehicle! :rotfl2:

I had a 75 AMC Hornet for my first car. Bessie was a beast, she was an icky blue (smallish) station wagon. I remember the last day of high school, driving around with my friends in the back with the back up, sucking in exhaust. Ah, good times, good times.

YodasMom
08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the new car, Buffy. Sounds beautiful!! Aren't new cars fun?

I got a new Honda CRV last year and I already have 36,000 miles on it, thanks to my job!! I love it, though!

PrincessNancy96
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Ok, I went thru cars like water b/c my dad drove them to death before he gave them to me or mom..
my first one was a brown 2 door stick shift (that mom wrecked 2 wks after my license)... yup, she wrecked my car instead of hers and than tried to tell dad I did it... except the accident was in the paper and my friend showed my dad it was NOT me!
than they got me a rust colored honda civic wagon that I drove thru high school it was great because my flags sit in the back w/o issue... loved that little car..

joyah
08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm quite sure Buffy's audi is beautiful and I'd love a new vehicle but no cars for me living on a mountain and driving back roads all day even the interstates around here are awful I run studded tires on the Sequoia!:scared1:

All though the days of that mustang are just wonderful memories I just made sure the boyfriends had trucks for winter time around here. I had one of the coolest cars for my class as did the boyfriend Jacked up Toyota with 33 mud tires! Life was good!!! then went to DH and His was jacked up too. Took the boys to the mud bogs last weekend and now they want Daddy to jack up the old pickup I told them I'm not sure she has it left in her.

Buffy enjoy the new car I've got a LOOOONG time till I get a new one.

BernardandMissBianca
08-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I hear ya! I need 4 wheel drive just to get up my driveway in winter.

When I move south I'll by the Lotus I've been eyeballing.

AlexWyattMommy
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
:lmao: All the first car stories.

My first car was given to me by my folks too. A turquoise blue VW rabbit. My sister got it 3 years later when she got her license. My second car which was the first one I purchased on my own was the Mustang Ghia, with the 1/4 leather roof. It too was an odd shade of blue. :rotfl2:

party of 3
08-10-2009, 05:41 AM
loved the story about the jacked up trucks. my dh did that to his 78 F150 ford when we were first married. it looked awesome. just like a real monster truck. he worked 2nd shift back then. And he was driving home from work the night before our 1st disney trip in 1989 and the police pulled him over for the height of the truck. the policeman got out of his car (who's like 4 1/2 feet tall!) who happened to be an old friend of mine and was giving dh crap about his truck and regulation height....blah, blah, blah...... took out his ticket book like he was going to give him a ticket. and he asked him...."are you still married to holly?" dh said "yup! and we are leaving for disney in the morning, so can you give me a break?" he said "ok. but only because of her! and if i find out your not, i'm going to put the ticket in the mail!"
so long story short, i guess it pays to have old friends! :goodvibes
-and for the record he was not a boyfriend, just a friend. but it was clear he did not and does not like dh!

MazdaUK
08-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Short guys can be so touchy:rotfl2: (One of my ex's didn't like me wearing heels as that made me taller than him;) )

If a Prius is little to you, shows how big your cars are:scared1: (I remember our hire car when we went to WDW -no way would I drive it:eek: ) I would think that was way big for a first car - my first was a Ford Fiesta, 1976 vintage and typical 70's goldy-yellow. Rust on three wings and I mangled the only non-rusty one on my parent's gatepost after about 3 days:rolleyes1 Hastily went over it with the srpay I'd got for the rust as DH (then just a BF) was coming and I knew he'd give me the 3rd degree :blush:

BTW I HATE new car smell - when we were young my friend's dad got a new Cortina and it used to make me feel :sick:

joyah
08-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Just to totally hikack the thread...........

The higher the better we used to have tons of offroad mud pits and the muddy the better. In fact they never stopped us for height it was always mud messin up the streets or couldn't see the lights well enough. Course I think they knew by the coyote tail on the antenna that we hunted so they never dared stop us, probably afraid our gun was bigger than theirs.:lmao:
What's sad it they are now all housing develpments and I think man you must have water in those basements!
I'd trade almost anything to have those days back. I don't enjoy the dry off road rock type stuff but mud that was a blast. Course I never had to be the mud monkey cause DH's best friend was always with us. In fact he missed our first anniversary (dating) cause I was at college and he was stuck in a mud pit. Why he went muddin in April was beyond me, I wasn't mad a him for missing it as much as I was for him going muddin with out me.

Mazda UK I hate small cars, My mom has a CRV and I hate driving that. Bigger and higher the better for me. Course after getting rearended 2 years ago in my Sequoia and the old lady that hit us was doing about 40 ( and the skid marks were 6' long of her trying to stop) I'll NEVER own a small car. She hit us so hard with my foot mashed on the break she still picked my rearend up and moved me 4+ feet!!! I needed a new towing hitch and bumper and the spare tire reinflated, the tail pipe had a small dent she totaled her car!

BernardandMissBianca
08-10-2009, 12:11 PM
DH is a total redneck too, he had jacked up trucks forever. He's favorite for off road stuff was his Scout.

So we also got the green light on the Mini too!! We will be handling that tomorrow to prepare for shipment from the UK.

I'm broke out in cars!! LOL

joyah
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Yay a Mini have fun with that one

love my jacked up trucks but with 4 of us it would look funny to have a jacked up 4 door. I'd love to find and old 2 door blazer or jeep the boys would LOVE it. guess I'd better get on the job hunt if we want another toy.

MazdaUK
08-11-2009, 05:09 AM
I don't like small cars that much - just not really big ones! I like to be high up (not jacked up) - my Toyota is higher than some cars but not as high as SUV. When my Jeep was in for service they gave me a little car and it was like sitting on a skateboard:scared: